🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NYPD Cops irate over proposed bill which would force them to adhere to Fourth Amendment

No, I am not daft at all. What I am is a proponent of the constitution and freedom.

I have rights and those rights include the fourth amendment. I am sorry that you think the police - the ULTIMATE expression of government power - should be able to run roughshod over those rights just because they want to. I will never support such an assertion.

So you will allow anarchy?....a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority:
Of course those are the only 2 options right. Anarchy or a police state.

Why don't you try again without asinine fallacies.

And you see a police state where?... Some cops are bad, most are not!
Irrelevant. I was pointing out the fallacy that not allowing cops to search citizens without a warrant or reasonable suspicion is not anarchy as you were alluding to in claiming that I was allowing it.

The police are there to protect our rights - that is quite literally impossible when they are given license to ignore them. Even that "pesky" fourth amendment.

So you apparently think they just go around and SEARCH anyone they want to, with NO CAUSE?
Yes, they do. Being out at 2 am is not a 'reasonable' suspicion but I have been searched many times simply because I was a shift worker. They set up stop points as 2ndamendment points out - more searches without cause no matter why they set them up. The sad truth is that the police treat the fourth as a hindrance rather than a right that must be upheld. Why do you think they always obtain your permission by 'asking' with an affirmative - IOW they STATE they are going to search you rather than ask. Because they don't even want you to know what your rights are. I have no problem with the police doing their jobs but I do have a problem with police violating our rights.

They come up with all kinds of excuses - some outright lies.

So you will allow anarchy?....a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority:
Of course those are the only 2 options right. Anarchy or a police state.

Why don't you try again without asinine fallacies.

And you see a police state where?... Some cops are bad, most are not!
Irrelevant. I was pointing out the fallacy that not allowing cops to search citizens without a warrant or reasonable suspicion is not anarchy as you were alluding to in claiming that I was allowing it.

The police are there to protect our rights - that is quite literally impossible when they are given license to ignore them. Even that "pesky" fourth amendment.

So you apparently think they just go around and SEARCH anyone they want to, with NO CAUSE?
Yes, they do. Being out at 2 am is not a 'reasonable' suspicion but I have been searched many times simply because I was a shift worker. They set up stop points as 2ndamendment points out - more searches without cause no matter why they set them up. The sad truth is that the police treat the fourth as a hindrance rather than a right that must be upheld. Why do you think they always obtain your permission by 'asking' with an affirmative - IOW they STATE they are going to search you rather than ask. Because they don't even want you to know what your rights are. I have no problem with the police doing their jobs but I do have a problem with police violating our rights.

They come up with all kinds of excuses - some outright lies.

Perhaps they do in Washington state, in NYC, they don't, they're usually TOO FUCKING BUSY with the dirtbags here, mugging, robbing, burglarizing, and selling drugs!

Does Stop and Frisk and random checkpoints ring a bell?

Yes, stop and frisk has been cut back sharply in NYC basically because the police were stopping 7 times more blacks and Hispanics than whites.... now why would that be? One can only guess!

Random checkpoints were used by the NYPD mostly during holidays to prevent drunk driving, SINCE this OP is about the NYPD!

Open season on tyrants and their sycophants when SHTF, remember that.

When the shit REALLY hits the fan, a large group of police will be with us, NOT against us!

Vigiliante is obviously trolling. There were times when police forces didnt' even exist in America and there was no anarchy.

Those people had morals, ethics and principles..... they are virtually DEAD to a whole armada of scum that have inherited this country!

I agree. Please leave so things can return to normal.

Why do we need a bill telling the police they must follow their oath they took?

Because most of them are sociopathic and/or sadistic bullies...if not cops, they might have become Mafia enforcers, a loan shark's leg breakers, or some dictators private torturers and killers.

NYPD Upset They May Have to Abide by U.S. Constitution Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

Officers of the LAW........... angry they have to FOLLOW the law
You can't make this STUFF UP!

The bill, introduced today, forces police to obtain consent from citizens before they search them, a rule which was already pretty much established by the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures…”

Right Wing Icon Bill O'Reilly supports "stop and frisk" because he thinks it's what stopped the surge of violence in NYC years ago.

Left Wing (assumed) Freakonomics supports abortion because they think it lowered crime rates.

It seems both parties want to end "stop and frisk" beyond profiling.

Forum List

Back