NYT Bombshell: 'SIGNIFICANTLY MORE 9/11 NEGLIGENCE THAN HAS BEEN DISCLOSED'

Yep they knew, Bush took off in Air Force One for hours and no one knew where he was when America needed him.
All flights were shut down except for getting the Bin Laden family out.

Everyone knew where Bush was, he was on TV you dolt.

Also, the Bin Laden family (none of whom had any ties to Osama for years) was questioned and released. They chartered a flight on September 19, 2001 well after normal commercial traffic resumed.

Flights of Saudi Nationals Leaving the United States

Three questions have arisen with respect to the departure of Saudi nationals from the United States in the immediate aftermath of 9/11:

(1) Did any flights of Saudi nationals take place before national airspace reopened on September 13, 2001? (2) Was there any political intervention to facilitate the departure of Saudi nationals? (3) Did the FBI screen Saudi nationals thoroughly before their departure?

First, we found no evidence that any flights of Saudi nationals, domestic or international, took place before the reopening of national airspace on the morning of September 13, 2001.24 To the contrary, every flight we have identified occurred after national airspace reopened.25

Second, we found no evidence of political intervention. We found no evidence that anyone at the White House above the level of Richard Clarke participated in a decision on the departure of Saudi nationals. The issue came up in one of the many video teleconferences of the interagency group Clarke chaired, and Clarke said he approved of how the FBI was dealing with the matter when it came up for interagency discussion at his level. Clarke told us, "I asked the FBI, Dale Watson... to handle that, to check to see if that was all right with them, to see if they wanted access to any of these people, and to get back to me. And if they had no objections, it would be fine with me." Clarke added, "I have no recollection of clearing it with anybody at the White House."26

Wartime - Immediate Responses at Home

Both the FBI and the CIA report to the administration. FAIL.

National Security is the job of the National Security Adviser - Condi Rice. She marginalized Clarke and they all listened to Wolfowitz over the CIA and military experts.

Yes, both the FBI and the CIA report to the administration. And there was NO coordination between them due to a DOJ policy called the "Gorelick Wall."

National Security is the job of the National Security Advisor, but that position did not have any authority over the CIA, the FBI, nor any other intelligence entity. Rice didn't marginalize Clarke and there was no justification for pre-emptive strikes as he recommended. Look at how batshit you folks went over Iraq?

Rice did marginalize Clarke. It is self-evident.

And you keep rehashing debunked talking points, because the facts are not on your side:

As we detailed in 2005, when this falsehood first surfaced, the so-called "wall" between law enforcement and intelligence agencies was first constructed long before Gorelick appeared on the scene. A joint House and Senate intelligence committees' report of pre-September 11 intelligence failures found that the "wall" was "constructed over 60 years as a result of legal, policy, institutional and personal factors," and a ruling by the top-secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review -- when it met for the first time in 2002 -- traces the origin of the "wall" to "some point during the 1980s."

The Gorelick memo that conservatives have cited as the creation of the "wall" applied only to divisions within the Justice Department; it did not apply to military intelligence agencies. So, for instance, if military intelligence had identified 9-11 hijacker Mohammed Atta as a potential terrorist prior to the attack, there was nothing preventing the military from sharing that information with intelligence agencies or law enforcement officials, despite what some have claimed and what Coulter seems to be suggesting.

Further, as we've also noted, the "wall" was reauthorized in August 2001 by Larry D. Thompson, deputy attorney general under then-Attorney General John Ashcroft -- appointed by President George W. Bush, a Republican -- and Thompson even proposed expanding it.

Funny, we don't recall Coulter taking to task any official working under a Republican president for their role in building the "wall."

Who was president in the 1980s? :lol:

Massive FAIL.

There is no arguing with someone that takes a leftwing organization's analysis as gospel.

There was indeed a severing of collaboration between the intelligence agencies in the mid 1990s, I lived it.

That has nothing to do with the debunked notion that Clinton passed on killing bin Laden.

Now you're just flailing blindly.

Flailing blindly? I showed where Factcheck's analysis of that situation is wrong. I factchecked Factcheck.

No, you haven't. Claiming they're wrong is not the same as proving they are wrong.

Maybe that works in the RW bubble, but not in the reality-based world.

The reality based world where leftward biased sources are considered authoritative?

Bah!

What did Bush do about the Cole attack?

Probably criticized Clinton for it, since Bush was a candidate at the time.
For sake of argument, let's say that you are correct about Clinton's non-action.

The attack happened in October, 2000. Bush took office only 3 months later.

Why didn't Bush do anything about it?

Is there an expiration date on reprisals?

Was Bush limited to a specific window in which to respond?

Try to muster some honesty.

Calling me dishonest is counterproductive to discussion. Go ahead and live in your fantasy world.

Who was more deaf to the warnings than Bill Clinton? George Bush had 8 months to stop the attack and solve the problem. Bill Clinton had 8 YEARS! And what did he do while we suffered the most terrorist attacks under 1 president than we did under all presidents combined in US history? He gutted defense to the tune of half a trillion dollars over 8 years.

Talk about DAMN....

They fought together against the tough anti-terrorist bill of 1996.

Republicans Watered Down 1996 Clinton Anti-Terrorism Bill

No version of that bill would have done squat to stop Al Qaida. The parts the rebublicans bocked were the chemical tags and the increased law enforcement powers of the FBI. But since the Gorelick Wall was implemented, the FBI and the CIA couldn't collaborate.

Nice try, but no cigar.

Which I have now debunked.

Are you going to continue to cite lies?

Mediamatters is an organization dedicated to taking down Fox News. It's not an authority on Intelligence policy and practices. You haven't debunked anything.

No, you think. Obama has kept America safe - so far - and Bush actions and policies are still driving the debt numbers. It ain't rocket science...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...a-direct-indirect-result-of-bush-actions.html

Obama has all the authority he needs to reverse any Bush policy.

He can reverse Bush's massive debt with a stroke of a pen?

How?

You are a dishonest person.

You're going schizophrenic on us, from civil discussion to full-blown Assaholic.

Amen to that. Bush, Cheney and a few others should be pounding rocks in a maximum security prision - or at Gitmo. However, I believe they committed "capital" crimes.

I'll ask this for the hundredth time of you idiots... If Bush or Cheney committed War crimes, why no prosecution? Is it because Democrats were privy to the same intelligence agreed with them? Of course it is.

For the hunderith time you fool it isn't up to the dems or republicans to prosecute its up to the world court to thats out of our prviy and control.
Bush has already been convicted of war crimes in Indonesia.

Cheney cannot travel overseas for fear of being arrested.

If Condi hadn't been an incompetent token, she would have warned airports to be on the look out for suspicious characters.

And then, perhaps this gate agent would have felt empowered to take his suspicions further:

DREW GRIFFIN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): The 9/11 Commission would describe the dawning of September 11 as temperate and nearly cloudless. By 4 a.m., Michael Tuohey was already at work at the U.S. Air ticket counter at the airport in Portland, Maine.

TUOHEY: Crystal clear, blue sky. Just a fabulous day to go to work.

GRIFFIN: One hour and 43 minutes into Tuohey's day, two men approached his ticket counter rushing to catch the 6 a.m. flight to Boston.

TUOHEY: They had a tie and jacket on. And as I'm looking at them, you know, they're holding their I.D.s up, and I'm looking at them. It's not nice but I said, "Geez, if this doesn't look like two Arab terrorists, I've never seen two Arab terrorists."

GRIFFIN: That was your first reaction?

TUOHEY: That was my thought as I'm looking at them. I'm looking at their licenses, and I'm looking at -- and that thought ran through my mind.

GRIFFIN: Where did that thought go?

TUOHEY: I don't know. At the -- immediately I felt guilty about thinking something like that. I -- I just said this is awful. How -- you know, I've checked in thousands of Arabic people over the years, you know, in doing the same job, businessman. I said these are just a couple of Arab business guys.

GRIFFIN: But something about these two men was different. Tuohey says the younger man, Abdul Aziz al-Amari could barely speak English. The other was Mohammed Atta. Tuohey says he had the eyes of a killer.

TUOHEY: He did. He had the deadest eyes I've ever seen.

GRIFFIN: Setting aside his gut reaction, Tuohey issued the boarding passes. The flight was leaving in 17 minutes, and Atta and Amari still had to clear security.

But Atta told Tuohey he wanted not only the boarding passes for the US Air flight to Boston but also the passes for their conducting American Airlines flight to Los Angeles.

Atta, the mastermind behind the 9/11 plan, was facing the plan's first obstacle, a gate agent with an attitude.

That you blame the National Security Advisor speaks volumes about your ignorance.

The National Security Advisor does not have the authority nor the structure to "warn airports." If a warning was to be made to alert security officers, that was to have been done by the FAA and the DOT.
And who would order those two agencies to do that?

And how does that relate to this airport employee story?

And how about answering my question about the color coded terror warning system?

I've only asked about 5 times. :lol:

It's pretty much stating the obvious.

Bush was interested pissing off the Russians and Chinese.

And invading Iraq.

In terms of Foreign policy. And that's what he did.

So did your little tin god ignore all the warnings and let 9/11 part 2 happen yesterday, sparky?

If Condi hadn't been an incompetent token, she would have warned airports to be on the look out for suspicious characters.

And then, perhaps this gate agent would have felt empowered to take his suspicions further:

DREW GRIFFIN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): The 9/11 Commission would describe the dawning of September 11 as temperate and nearly cloudless. By 4 a.m., Michael Tuohey was already at work at the U.S. Air ticket counter at the airport in Portland, Maine.

TUOHEY: Crystal clear, blue sky. Just a fabulous day to go to work.

GRIFFIN: One hour and 43 minutes into Tuohey's day, two men approached his ticket counter rushing to catch the 6 a.m. flight to Boston.

TUOHEY: They had a tie and jacket on. And as I'm looking at them, you know, they're holding their I.D.s up, and I'm looking at them. It's not nice but I said, "Geez, if this doesn't look like two Arab terrorists, I've never seen two Arab terrorists."

GRIFFIN: That was your first reaction?

TUOHEY: That was my thought as I'm looking at them. I'm looking at their licenses, and I'm looking at -- and that thought ran through my mind.

GRIFFIN: Where did that thought go?

TUOHEY: I don't know. At the -- immediately I felt guilty about thinking something like that. I -- I just said this is awful. How -- you know, I've checked in thousands of Arabic people over the years, you know, in doing the same job, businessman. I said these are just a couple of Arab business guys.

GRIFFIN: But something about these two men was different. Tuohey says the younger man, Abdul Aziz al-Amari could barely speak English. The other was Mohammed Atta. Tuohey says he had the eyes of a killer.

TUOHEY: He did. He had the deadest eyes I've ever seen.

GRIFFIN: Setting aside his gut reaction, Tuohey issued the boarding passes. The flight was leaving in 17 minutes, and Atta and Amari still had to clear security.

But Atta told Tuohey he wanted not only the boarding passes for the US Air flight to Boston but also the passes for their conducting American Airlines flight to Los Angeles.

Atta, the mastermind behind the 9/11 plan, was facing the plan's first obstacle, a gate agent with an attitude.

That you blame the National Security Advisor speaks volumes about your ignorance.

The National Security Advisor does not have the authority nor the structure to "warn airports." If a warning was to be made to alert security officers, that was to have been done by the FAA and the DOT.
And who would order those two agencies to do that?

And how does that relate to this airport employee story?

And how about answering my question about the color coded terror warning system?

I've only asked about 5 times. :lol:

The National Security Advisor does not have any authority to "order" ANY agency.

There are many such articles, but I don't see how any sane person could read the following article and still give Bush a pass. Seriously!

The Out-of-Towner: While Bush vacationed, 9/11 warnings went unheard

I've been asking the question.....Just what should Bush have done to prevent the 9-11 tragedy? Try and be specific in your answer. Synth thought we should have profiled, what say you?

Clinton should have got the ball rolling in Afghanistan after the USS Cole was bombed by al Queda in Oct of 2000. Since he didn't Bush should have, the DoD didn't release it's findings until a few days before Bush took office. Might not have stopped the attacks and it might have hastened them...we'll never know.

Yep they knew, Bush took off in Air Force One for hours and no one knew where he was when America needed him.
All flights were shut down except for getting the Bin Laden family out.

Everyone knew where Bush was, he was on TV you dolt.

Dolt? He is absolutely correct. Bush left Sarasota, FL with his "Oh, shit!" expression around 10am and spent the next 7.5 hours flying around the country, leaving Nebraska at 4:33pm.

Also, the Bin Laden family (none of whom had any ties to Osama for years) was questioned and released. They chartered a flight on September 19, 2001 well after normal commercial traffic resumed.

Flights of Saudi Nationals Leaving the United States

Three questions have arisen with respect to the departure of Saudi nationals from the United States in the immediate aftermath of 9/11:

(1) Did any flights of Saudi nationals take place before national airspace reopened on September 13, 2001? (2) Was there any political intervention to facilitate the departure of Saudi nationals? (3) Did the FBI screen Saudi nationals thoroughly before their departure?

First, we found no evidence that any flights of Saudi nationals, domestic or international, took place before the reopening of national airspace on the morning of September 13, 2001.24 To the contrary, every flight we have identified occurred after national airspace reopened.25

Second, we found no evidence of political intervention. We found no evidence that anyone at the White House above the level of Richard Clarke participated in a decision on the departure of Saudi nationals. The issue came up in one of the many video teleconferences of the interagency group Clarke chaired, and Clarke said he approved of how the FBI was dealing with the matter when it came up for interagency discussion at his level. Clarke told us, "I asked the FBI, Dale Watson... to handle that, to check to see if that was all right with them, to see if they wanted access to any of these people, and to get back to me. And if they had no objections, it would be fine with me." Clarke added, "I have no recollection of clearing it with anybody at the White House."26
Wartime - Immediate Responses at Home

You're got to be fucking kidding me - a web/graphics website? :lol:

Who Are We?

We are a small, focused team of highly-skilled web developers, graphics designers, marketing and technology experts in many fields of expertise including graphic design, system architecture, and security. Our team is truly global, spanning several states, countries and timezones.
We've been doing web design for over a decade, and have sharpened our skills every year since. If you want quality designers, software programmers, web developers or people good with marketing skills, we can help!
What Do We Do?

We Design. We Build. We Host. In short, We Solve Problems.
Do you need a custom website designed for your business or for your personal needs? Do you need your existing website updated with new content and graphics? Are you unhappy with your current website provider or designers? We can help!

Are you a small business that needs an Internet presence? Not sure how to start out? We can help!

Do you want your own site hosted on a fast high-quality network? Do you miss the level of support and attention you get from "big" companies? We offer top-notch support and assistance (direct phone, text message and email, as you require) to help you solve even the most complicated of problems. No foreign accents, no waiting on hold, no delays.

gnu-designs, inc. Sick of an ugly Internet? We can help!

Yes, both the FBI and the CIA report to the administration. And there was NO coordination between them due to a DOJ policy called the "Gorelick Wall."

National Security is the job of the National Security Advisor, but that position did not have any authority over the CIA, the FBI, nor any other intelligence entity. Rice didn't marginalize Clarke and there was no justification for pre-emptive strikes as he recommended. Look at how batshit you folks went over Iraq?

And you keep rehashing debunked talking points, because the facts are not on your side:

As we detailed in 2005, when this falsehood first surfaced, the so-called "wall" between law enforcement and intelligence agencies was first constructed long before Gorelick appeared on the scene. A joint House and Senate intelligence committees' report of pre-September 11 intelligence failures found that the "wall" was "constructed over 60 years as a result of legal, policy, institutional and personal factors," and a ruling by the top-secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review -- when it met for the first time in 2002 -- traces the origin of the "wall" to "some point during the 1980s."

The Gorelick memo that conservatives have cited as the creation of the "wall" applied only to divisions within the Justice Department; it did not apply to military intelligence agencies. So, for instance, if military intelligence had identified 9-11 hijacker Mohammed Atta as a potential terrorist prior to the attack, there was nothing preventing the military from sharing that information with intelligence agencies or law enforcement officials, despite what some have claimed and what Coulter seems to be suggesting.

Further, as we've also noted, the "wall" was reauthorized in August 2001 by Larry D. Thompson, deputy attorney general under then-Attorney General John Ashcroft -- appointed by President George W. Bush, a Republican -- and Thompson even proposed expanding it.

Funny, we don't recall Coulter taking to task any official working under a Republican president for their role in building the "wall."

Massive FAIL.

There is no arguing with someone that takes a leftwing organization's analysis as gospel.

There was indeed a severing of collaboration between the intelligence agencies in the mid 1990s, I lived it.

Of course you can't argue it - you've been shown to be wrong.

What part of it is incorrect?

Flailing blindly? I showed where Factcheck's analysis of that situation is wrong. I factchecked Factcheck.

No, you haven't. Claiming they're wrong is not the same as proving they are wrong.

Maybe that works in the RW bubble, but not in the reality-based world.

The reality based world where leftward biased sources are considered authoritative?

Bah!
If you can show that anything in that post is incorrect, get hopping!

You know you've been pwned, so you attack the messenger.

Massive FAIL.

Of course you can't argue it - you've been shown to be wrong.

What part of it is incorrect?

:rolleyes:

$double-facepalm[1].jpg

Probably criticized Clinton for it, since Bush was a candidate at the time.
For sake of argument, let's say that you are correct about Clinton's non-action.

The attack happened in October, 2000. Bush took office only 3 months later.

Why didn't Bush do anything about it?

Is there an expiration date on reprisals?

Was Bush limited to a specific window in which to respond?

Try to muster some honesty.

Calling me dishonest is counterproductive to discussion. Go ahead and live in your fantasy world.
Deflection doesn't answer the questions that you are desperately trying to avoid.

What did Bush do about the Cole attack?

No version of that bill would have done squat to stop Al Qaida. The parts the rebublicans bocked were the chemical tags and the increased law enforcement powers of the FBI. But since the Gorelick Wall was implemented, the FBI and the CIA couldn't collaborate.

Nice try, but no cigar.

Which I have now debunked.

Are you going to continue to cite lies?

Mediamatters is an organization dedicated to taking down Fox News. It's not an authority on Intelligence policy and practices. You haven't debunked anything.
They are making no assertions. They are showing dates and documents that prove you are wrong.

My, your butt must be hurting! :lol:

Forum List

Back