Oakland Votes To Remove Police From Schools

I've long advocated to remove the police from the schools. Now maybe there are rare schools that I would understand but IMO it sends a bad message to kids. The odds of anything happening in any particular school is extremely low. We even know that the officer ran away at Parkland.

Moron, it isn't mass public shooters that keep the cops in schools.....it is violent, impulse control problems who attack teachers, sell drugs and attack other students.........daily violence in democrat party controlled public schools is why the cops are there.

I guess I missed where this is all over the country. There is a school right up the street from me. Why wouldn't they have reported it?

Lucky move for police. No one likes dealing with those little fools.

Wonderful.
Why were there police in schools in the first place? We will find out.

How did it stop what happened in Parkland?

Parkland happened because it was a huge campus........... and the odds of the school resource officer covering all of the buildings is zero......

And that he ran away? This is the only "huge" campus in the country?
A school that big should have 2-3 cops.

I've long advocated to remove the police from the schools. Now maybe there are rare schools that I would understand but IMO it sends a bad message to kids. The odds of anything happening in any particular school is extremely low. We even know that the officer ran away at Parkland.

Moron, it isn't mass public shooters that keep the cops in schools.....it is violent, impulse control problems who attack teachers, sell drugs and attack other students.........daily violence in democrat party controlled public schools is why the cops are there.

I guess I missed where this is all over the country. There is a school right up the street from me. Why wouldn't they have reported it?
They keep things like that hush hush. There's kids that go from 8th grade straight to prison.

Wonderful.

How did it stop what happened in Parkland?

Parkland happened because it was a huge campus........... and the odds of the school resource officer covering all of the buildings is zero......

And that he ran away? This is the only "huge" campus in the country?
A school that big should have 2-3 cops.

Of course you aren't going to want to pay for that.

The thing is in most public schools teachers are no longer symbols of authority. Now when a kid starts fucking around and maybe actually makes contact with a teacher, all they can do is get an administrator, who probably doesn't get any respect either, or just let the little brat disrupt things and ruin it for the other kids.

And if it gets real bad you would have to call in outside cops who maybe don't have the additional training assigned in school police would have.

What could possibly go wrong?

See how many really pissed off parents won't send their future anarchists to school in the Fall.
September headlines: School violence skyrockets, gun confiscation required.
..in the hipsanic and black schools
..I knew a teacher that worked at black schools..he said the KIDS would get in the teachers faces/etc
...truth--black culture breeds criminals/violent kids

The thing is in most public schools teachers are no longer symbols of authority. Now when a kid starts fucking around and maybe actually makes contact with a teacher, all they can do is get an administrator, who probably doesn't get any respect either, or just let the little brat disrupt things and ruin it for the other kids.

And if it gets real bad you would have to call in outside cops who maybe don't have the additional training assigned in school police would have.

I'm pretty sure that you are no expert to be discussing what goes on in "most" schools.

I'm pretty sure that you are no expert to be discussing what goes on in "most" schools.

I know teachers, and some of them work in disadvantaged areas. They have no real power over their students. Once they get to 6th grade or so they realize they can get away with bloody murder and the worst that can happen to them is they get sent home.

Cops at least have an aura of authority, now that will be gone.

I know teachers, and some of them work in disadvantaged areas. They have no real power over their students. Once they get to 6th grade or so they realize they can get away with bloody murder and the worst that can happen to them is they get sent home.

RIght, you know teachers so that makes you an expert on what goes on in "most" schools.

RIght, you know teachers so that makes you an expert on what goes on in "most" schools.

I am talking about the most difficult schools, and Oakland has a reputation of being a disadvantaged area.

You are quibbling about bullshit because you can't argue the actual points.

I am talking about the most difficult schools, and Oakland has a reputation of being a disadvantaged area.

No, you said "most" schools. If you want to discuss actual points quit making things up.

No, you said "most" schools. If you want to discuss actual points quit making things up.

I said that teachers don't command the respect they once did in most schools. Then I said this can be a real issue in disadvantaged schools, and removing an authority figure such as a cop from said schools can be an issue.

Now refute my point, or fuck off.

What could possibly go wrong?

See how many really pissed off parents won't send their future anarchists to school in the Fall.
Everyone should stop sending in their school tax payments.

Public schools are doomed frankly.....this is just one more nail......in less than twenty years most schooling will be remote.

JO

I said that teachers don't command the respect they once did in most schools. Then I said this can be a real issue in disadvantaged schools, and removing an authority figure such as a cop from said schools can be an issue.

I already did. You are not an expert in what goes on in "most" schools. Provide your expertise here and I'll concede.

I already did. You are not an expert in what goes on in "most" schools. Provide your expertise here and I'll concede.

I never claimed to be. You are arguing my credentials (which I never claimed) instead of the point I am trying to make.

Why is removing the cops a good idea?

Wonderful.
Oakland is filled with gang bangers. Parents and school officials insisted on police at schools.
Now it's not a good idea? If I was a teacher there I would bring suit against the Oakland School District which, supposedly, is protecting teachers against students.

Political hysteria trumps common sense and reason again. The trouble starts the day this policy is
put in place.

Forum List

Back