Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

Yep, and I sure wish the Democrats would stop enslaving blacks. It's unconstitutional.

Oh, they have moved on from that since the 60s...you know...when no matter how many blacks they lynched, murdered, fire bombed and hit with billy clubs, they kept voting....so the democrats had to change their tactics...the modern democrats...they have expanded their goal...they want to enslave all Americans, not just blacks....

Which does what for them?
At the end of the day with the black population dwindling at a faster rate than that of other races in the US, and the fact that blacks are no longer the second largest minority group, and the fact that blacks as a people have the lowest percentage of registered voters means their influence on statewide and national elections is not all that significant.
An example of this is none other than Ferguson, MO where in the last election only 11% of registered blacks bothered to vote.
Yet, they are the loudest complainers about how the elected members of their city and despite affirmative action policies that offer blacks a leg up in hiring for city jobs, employment of blacks is non representative of their population.
Another example is post Katrina New Orleans. Thousands of people of all skill levels were needed to help rebuild the city.
Very few resident blacks of New Orleans applied for jobs. Yet they and their mouthpiece Ray Nagin( now convict Nagin) bitched and moaned about "outsiders" coming to New Orleans and taking jobs away from black people.
No one in the complicit main stream media would dare ask Nagin why he never implored his residents to apply for work in the first place. NO.....They did not dare touch that one.

The democrats have gotten to the point where they know no matter what they do to harm blacks in this country, blacks will still vote democrat at a rate of 95%...now the democrats need to take down the conservative strong holds that are winning mid term elections in landslides....and they will import all the voters they need from Mexico....sadly, for Americans who are Black....they are going to get even less attention from the former slave owning party....

Yep, and I sure wish the Democrats would stop enslaving blacks. It's unconstitutional.

Oh, they have moved on from that since the 60s...you know...when no matter how many blacks they lynched, murdered, fire bombed and hit with billy clubs, they kept voting....so the democrats had to change their tactics...the modern democrats...they have expanded their goal...they want to enslave all Americans, not just blacks....

Par for the course for liberals to never assign responsibility to the individual for his or her own actions. It is ALWAYS someone else's fault. Look at the Middle East, that's our government's fault. Black people in poverty? That's the white American's fault. President Obama a failure? Republican's fault, or Bush's fault.

Well thanks for working hard to hand all of their votes to the Democratic party then

Yes, 50 years of voting 95% for democrats....and they have more poverty, fewer intact families, more people on government welfare, and more of their men in jail.....yeah....another 50 years of voting for democrats should really help....

well if you look at the stats you would have to say no. If you look at the riots, you would have to say no. If you look at black on black crime you would have to say no. If you look at unemployment, no. If you look at single mom households, no.. on and on....
Stupid Violent *******.

I agree they are stupid and violent. The truth hurts.

Well thanks for working hard to hand all of their votes to the Democratic party then. Keep up the good work. :thup:

translation- I got nothing to say to the hard truth. Keep wallowing in the mud.

You really don't see it at all. I guess it's typical of the GOP. Please continue your attitude towards race.

Sincerely,
Every Democrat in America
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Why are so many young whites protesting in the streets following the Eric Garner killing?
They aren't supporting Eric Garner. Nor are they protesting the GJ No Bill verdict.
They freely admit they are there to disrupt.
These white people are the children of wealthy families who believe in protest for the sake of protest.
The same morons that made up the miserable failure that was OWS.

Yep, only a fucking idiot would claim that Obama hasn't made things WORSE.

Pitiful to, that could have been his legacy to finally END the racism.

I mean seriously. how much good could he have done if ONE time he would have stood up in the White House and said " Look , in THIS instance, the black man was wrong to claim racism?"

And NO ONE is truly stupid enough to believe that in 6 years Obama simply hasn't seen an instance of black man claiming racism where none existed.
Democrats benefit from racism. Why would they want to end a good thing?

If that's true the GOP should be working hard to end racism. I wonder why they aren't?
The party of Old White Men will get around to it, as soon as their corporate masters figure out how to make ending racism pay or using it to avoid taxes.
Still hanging on to that old and seriously debunked cliche?......
Which one, the one about a party that is 87% white?
What's that got to do with anything?

Obama and Holder are just making racism worse in America and have set racial relations back to where they were in the 60's.
They love fanning the flames of racism and would love to see the whole thing go up in flames.
The 60's, when it was perfectly legal not to sell your house to a ****** or a Jew? Not even close.
The same people who rail against this are those who cheer the concept of integration as "progress" then cry like little girls over "gentrification"....
The level of liberal hypocrisy knows no boundaries.

Obama and Holder are just making racism worse in America and have set racial relations back to where they were in the 60's.
They love fanning the flames of racism and would love to see the whole thing go up in flames.
The 60's, when it was perfectly legal not to sell your house to a ****** or a Jew? Not even close.
Bullshit.....Holder and Obama's racism and race baiting is on a national scale.

How is acknowledging and discussing the facts and statistics of racism considered "fanning the flames of racism"...?
Stupid question.....
They are not acknowledging. They are preaching.
The correct approach would be to open a discussion and ask all interested parties to develop solutions.
Holder, Obama, Sharpton, Farakhan, Jackson, et al, are not looking for solutions, They opine.
Their approach is reactionary...."It's racism".....Silence.
The above mentioned people plus a host of others do not want solutions. They want conflict.
So do you.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is prescribing time and vigilance to tackle problems as entrenched in American society as racism and bias.

He also is urging patience, saying progress usually comes in small steps.

In an interview with BET, the president described his conversation with a group of young civil rights activists, including a leader of protests in Ferguson, Missouri, he hosted last week in the Oval Office.

Obama said he told them that "this is something that is deeply rooted in our society, it's deeply rooted in our history."

America has made gains, and that "gives us hope" of making more progress, he said.

"We can't equate what is happening now to what was happening 50 years ago," Obama said, "and if you talk to your parents, grandparents, uncles, they'll tell you that things are better, not good in some places, but better."

Obama said he is advising young people to be persistent because "typically progress is in steps, it's in increments.

More: Obama: 'America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

President Obama is correct - but none of us will ever live long enough to see it end. I can't even imagine how it can or will end. Will it ever end before humans become extinct?
ROFL biggest racist POS in this country... lecturing us on racism.

Yep, only a fucking idiot would claim that Obama hasn't made things WORSE.

Pitiful to, that could have been his legacy to finally END the racism.

I mean seriously. how much good could he have done if ONE time he would have stood up in the White House and said " Look , in THIS instance, the black man was wrong to claim racism?"

And NO ONE is truly stupid enough to believe that in 6 years Obama simply hasn't seen an instance of black man claiming racism where none existed.
Democrats benefit from racism. Why would they want to end a good thing?

If that's true the GOP should be working hard to end racism. I wonder why they aren't?

Republicans ended slavery. Democrats wanted to keep it. Republicans pushed for Civil Rights decades before Democrats accepted Civil Rights. Racism is rampant globally. What is the track record of Democrats to end racism?? Africans, Arabs, Indians, and Asians still practice it.

Is there any race of humans that whites haven't severely fucked over? I can't think of any.

Melanin count does not make anybody any better or worse than anyone with a different melanin count than theirs. In WW2 people with a low melanin count killed far more people who also had low melanin counts than they killed people with high melanin counts throughout all history. So no skin color discrimination can be faulted there.

It's a petty, pathetic conversation that hopefully won't exist anymore in a few decades once the remaining generations of racists die off.
So it is your conclusion that those with light skin are ALL racists?
I have two words for you....Hint, they are not Merry Christmas.

Where did I say that? I have three words for you instead of 2. Hint... the acronym for them is GFY.
"once the remaining generations of racists die off."
Don't act unsophisticated here. We both know to whom you are referring.

There are lots of racists of all colors from those generations. You just happen to be a white colored racist apparently living in denial. The world will be better once you're gone.
here's a perfect example of where your labeling goes nowhere and means nothing.
You know nothing about me. Never walked a mile in my shoes.
And your ignorance allows you to believe I am your problem.
Time for you to take a look in the mirror. Get your own house in order.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is prescribing time and vigilance to tackle problems as entrenched in American society as racism and bias.

He also is urging patience, saying progress usually comes in small steps.

In an interview with BET, the president described his conversation with a group of young civil rights activists, including a leader of protests in Ferguson, Missouri, he hosted last week in the Oval Office.

Obama said he told them that "this is something that is deeply rooted in our society, it's deeply rooted in our history."

America has made gains, and that "gives us hope" of making more progress, he said.

"We can't equate what is happening now to what was happening 50 years ago," Obama said, "and if you talk to your parents, grandparents, uncles, they'll tell you that things are better, not good in some places, but better."

Obama said he is advising young people to be persistent because "typically progress is in steps, it's in increments.

More: Obama: 'America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

President Obama is correct - but none of us will ever live long enough to see it end. I can't even imagine how it can or will end. Will it ever end before humans become extinct?

What is the hope for Africa, Asia, India, and Saudi Arabia where slavery is still practiced today, yet, America ceased slavery 140 years ago? Is America more racist than Africa, Asia, India, and Saudi Arabia??

You're leaving a hell of a lot of people off of that list. But I guess you can't be faulted for playing politics with it. Everyone does it anyways. :dunno:

Yeah, a lot of people left off, but those ones belong there too. And the racism debate is a political one. It has been since the 1960s when the magic legislations were pased that were suppose to solve all the problems.

Damn, you seem to be a special breed of retarded racists. At least you're special...

Yeah, I'm a racist for pointing out the obvious.

Congratulations, Dullard.
"Racism".....The last arrow in the liberal quiver
Racism, reality in America.
Yeah and? What is your solution?
See, you want conflict. You are excited by it. The divide and derisiveness gives you purpose.

Forum List

Back