Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

This is a critical topic for this country, and it appears to be getting worse.

If one end of the spectrum would take a true, sincere, positive leadership role, I'll bet we could really improve things.

Instead, the Democrats are committed to making things worse with their "you're a racist!" rantings and general dishonesty, and the Republicans seem somehow completely and utterly oblivious to the entire topic. And both parties are clearly putting politics above the subject.

I'm going to keep hoping that, at some point, a real leader will emerge from the upcoming car wreck.

As a leader, what would be the first thing you would do?

If you were a police officer and every single day what you heard over the radio is that that suspect was a black male, what do you think would be your prevalent thought? Now, how does one stop that from being the prevalent thought? Do we do it by calling the whole of the country racist because a police officer acted against a black perpetrator? I think the Chris Rock video makes more sense then calling every white person a racists because black commit the majority of crimes in their communities, against their own black neighbors.

I was stopped the other day by the police and told I was weaving between the lines. I so wanted to tell the young cop he was full of s...t that weaving on a uneven road was to be expected. But I realized he was fishing so I just sat there and took it. If you take a belligerent attitude you are going to lose every time and should lose every time, if we had a completely honest police force. So when we make the claim that the police are not fair, not open, and racist that leads to more problems then it solves. When we treat people with the respect they DESERVE then we help to solve problems.

So, I ask again, what as a leader would you do. And just saying "make things better" isn't an answer.

Can anyone name a single thing Obama has done to try to end racism? Seriously just one would be fine.

because it looks like he stirs up racial hatred every chance he gets.

Getting healthcare to be more equal is one thing.

However the task of "ending racism", or at least making thing better for those in poverty which includes a far higher percentage of black people than white people, is a task that the president can't really carry out, it's for the legislature, and would take a long time too.

As the slave picks up a tree branch to protect himself from from his plantation owner who is raising a whip to beat him, the slave owner says the following:

"Your actions in defying my lawful authority, and encouraging disobedience among your fellow slaves, and finally running away is sowing racial discord on our otherwise peaceful and harmonious God-given plantation which is a blessing from the Lord." You must be punished in accordance with our laws in order that we may reestablish the racial harmony which has benefited you and your family as well as me and mine."
Today's Democrats threaten to withhold welfare checks to keep the black man on the plantation.

Oh my gosh! You guys have finally made me see it! Obama is increasing racism. It's his fault that racism exists.

ROFL biggest racist POS in this country... lecturing us on racism.

Yep, only a fucking idiot would claim that Obama hasn't made things WORSE.

Pitiful to, that could have been his legacy to finally END the racism.

I mean seriously. how much good could he have done if ONE time he would have stood up in the White House and said " Look , in THIS instance, the black man was wrong to claim racism?"

And NO ONE is truly stupid enough to believe that in 6 years Obama simply hasn't seen an instance of black man claiming racism where none existed.
Democrats benefit from racism. Why would they want to end a good thing?

If that's true the GOP should be working hard to end racism. I wonder why they aren't?

They are you just don't know who is the true party that is perpetuating racism. Racism doesn't end because someone gets a handout. It ends when people are measured by the content of their character. THAT is what Republicans do, that is NOT a Democrat thing. Mention welfare reform and what does the Democrat scream? Racism? Why? Most on welfare are white. They do it because they think so very little of blacks. They do it because the democrats use people for their political fodder. Blacks are nothing but political tools to Democrats it is demonstrated every single day. Obama? He is as much black as I am. Hardly anything in his life is that of the black experience. But the democrats can use him, they can say, see we are not racists we have a black friend.

No my friend, it is one thing to expect people to live their lives AS THEY WISH treating people fairly it is quite another to do as the democrats and treat people as their their subjects.

I disagree. A lot of times Republicans put in place policies that keep the status quo firmly entrenched. For black people, especially in the south where segregation existed, this means black people are starting life firmly on the back foot.

You want it about their character. Well it is generally known that when people are treated as dirt their whole life, their character has a much great chance of being angry at those who keep them in their place.

You make presumptions that require proof. What policies have Republicans put in place to keep the status quo? It was democrats that pushed Jim Crow and poll taxes. It was a democrat that stood in the school room door and scream segergation now segregation forever.

You make the presumption that blacks are treated as dirt. They are only treated that way if they let themselves be treated that way. I just screamed for 3 hours at the TV rooting for a team of very accomplished black football players. America was in love with Tiger Woods. The Republican party elevates accomplished blacks. The key is that blacks need to do for themselves first, that would solve the problems.

You made so accusations that I think you need to provide evidence. What you have done, in my opinion, only furthers the problem not help.

Can anyone name a single thing Obama has done to try to end racism? Seriously just one would be fine.

because it looks like he stirs up racial hatred every chance he gets.

Getting healthcare to be more equal is one thing.

However the task of "ending racism", or at least making thing better for those in poverty which includes a far higher percentage of black people than white people, is a task that the president can't really carry out, it's for the legislature, and would take a long time too.

in other words he hasn't done crap. Healthcare being worse for everyone has nothing to do with racism.

Oh my gosh! You guys have finally made me see it! Obama is increasing racism. It's his fault that racism exists.

No, that is not what is being said. He is blowing on the embers of racism to make the fire burn brighter (sic).

If one end of the spectrum would take a true, sincere, positive leadership role, I'll bet we could really improve things.

Instead, the Democrats are committed to making things worse with their "you're a racist!" rantings and general dishonesty, and the Republicans seem somehow completely and utterly oblivious to the entire topic. And both parties are clearly putting politics above the subject.

I'm going to keep hoping that, at some point, a real leader will emerge from the upcoming car wreck.

If you were a police officer and every single day what you heard over the radio is that that suspect was a black male, what do you think would be your prevalent thought? Now, how does one stop that from being the prevalent thought? Do we do it by calling the whole of the country racist because a police officer acted against a black perpetrator? I think the Chris Rock video makes more sense then calling every white person a racists because black commit the majority of crimes in their communities, against their own black neighbors.

I was stopped the other day by the police and told I was weaving between the lines. I so wanted to tell the young cop he was full of s...t that weaving on a uneven road was to be expected. But I realized he was fishing so I just sat there and took it. If you take a belligerent attitude you are going to lose every time and should lose every time, if we had a completely honest police force. So when we make the claim that the police are not fair, not open, and racist that leads to more problems then it solves. When we treat people with the respect they DESERVE then we help to solve problems.

So, I ask again, what as a leader would you do. And just saying "make things better" isn't an answer.

A complex problem like this is not solved with a binary, either/or answer.

First of all, I agree with your points. I also know that cops have done things that were illegal, or at very least immoral. So there are two conflicting issues at work there.

If the task were given to me, I would identify and fine a group of well-known people of all "colors" and stripes in whom I had faith. These would be people who could have this conversation without hyperbole, denial, distortion and uncontrolled emotion. No flame-throwers. The goal of the group would be simple: To clearly and fully identify and communicate the problem: The racial divide is getting worse, and both ends of this issue need to clean their OWN house before they point the finger at the other side.

Until both "sides" of this issue clearly and sincerely look in the mirror and get to work on fixing what they see, nothing of lasting good happens. And that's gonna be the hardest step of all to take.

That's the first thing I would do.

Obama could have done that.

Last edited:

how can you possibly deny that this administration has been stirring up hatred on racial tensions? Ferguson, trayvon, the black panthers dismissal not to mention countless others have been done to stir up hatred among blacks towards others.

Racism is part of the human condition.

Racism never goes away - we just get better at suppressing and overcoming it within ourselves.

We (America) continue to improve on this - collectively - through laws and education and experience and exposure and practice.

But, it's a delicate thing, and Race A or B or C pushing the rest too hard, continues to result in setbacks, ill-will, and sliding backward from time to time.

It will still be with us a hundred years from now.

We'll just be better at dealing with it by then.

Just as we're in a much better place in that context now, than, say, in 1914.

Time takes care of much of this, in an American context.

And, what it doesn't, we all try to deal with, as best we can.

It's not the end of the world and it's not the most important issue on our plates nowadays - merely a mid-range distraction that will die-down again as quickly as it flared up.

how can you possibly deny that this administration has been stirring up hatred on racial tensions? Ferguson, trayvon, the black panthers dismissal not to mention countless others have been done to stir up hatred among blacks towards others.
There are times when I'm ready to believe that myself...

That the Obama Administration has been one of the worst in modern times, with regard to Racism (routine and reverse flavors), fanning the flames, and related posturing.

Yet another topical area where the so-called and promised Great Uniter has done more to drive a wedge amongst Americans than the last several predecessors.

Failed Messiah, indeed.

First of all, I agree with your points. I also know that cops have done things that were illegal, or at very least immoral. So there are two conflicting issues at work there.

If the task were given to me, I would identify and fine a group of well-known people of all "colors" and stripes in whom I had faith. These would be people who could have this conversation without hyperbole, denial, distortion and uncontrolled emotion. No flame-throwers. The goal of the group would be simple: To clearly and fully identify and communicate the problem: The racial divide is getting worse, and both ends of this issue need to clean their OWN house before they point the finger at the other side.

Until both "sides" of this issue clearly and sincerely look in the mirror and get to work on fixing what they see, nothing of lasting good happens. And that's gonna be the hardest step of all to take.

Yes!! Get a diverse group of thinking people together...none of whom are racist....and have them work everything out. Have them identify the problem. AS IF IT HASNT ALREADY BEEN IDENTIFIED.

Surely....after that exercise is completed.....those who currently deny reality will miraculously come to Jeebus.

Both ends of the racial divide issue? You mean the racists and the non racists? They both need to clean house? Is that what you are saying?

For shits and giggles......let's have some names for that diverse group. Would the president qualify?

Racism never goes away - we just get better at suppressing and overcoming it within ourselves.

We (America) continue to improve on this - collectively - through laws and education and experience and exposure and practice.

But, it's a delicate thing, and Race A or B or C pushing the rest too hard, continues to result in setbacks, ill-will, and sliding backward from time to time.

It's not the end of the world and it's not the most important issue on our plates nowadays - merely a mid-range distraction that will die-down again as quickly as it flared up.

Oh yeah!! We wouldn't want to push too hard for fairness!! That shit causes setbacks.

Give me a fucking break.

It's the punchline of a very bad joke. The republican party is the party of old whites. But Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton are the youthful standard bearers of the young democrats.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
do yo mind if i laff in your face ?
:lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao:

Oh definitely. Obama calls for blacks to hate whites on a daily basis. He hates white people. Everyone knows that. This administration forced well meaning white people nationwide to begin hating black people again. They had enough. Ferguson....absolutely. Obama is responsible for that shit. If not for him....it would have never happened. And. Trayvon Martin.....absolutely. That's on Obama too.

Psssst. The black panthers dismissal? Whatchyuu talkin' 'bout Willis?

Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

Even more, now that our first black President made it worse.

You're exactly right! Obama is a more racist than any other President in recent times. He's a race-baiter and a divider. America's first black President has become America's worst President.

Or maybe having a president who is actually willing to deal with the issues isn't something you like, so you accuse him of being what he's fighting against and hey, you think you've done your job.

Dealing with what exactly?

-Geaux

Dealing with the issues that have arisen over integration of minorities into US society.

Looking at things like education, opportunities and so on.

It's not enough to just have "positive discrimination", integration doesn't necessarily happen just because of that.

Poverty in the US is very cyclical, it's very difficult to get out of it once in it, more so than other countries, and this makes it harder for racial integration.

Overseas? Really? And you wonder why they like Obama? It's because the USA has become the doormat for 3rd work countries to wipe their feet on since Obama became the failure in chief

-Geaux

Once again you speak in generalities. You disagree with "my points." Let fail to identify what you disagree with.

You answer appears to be, more bureaucracy. More BS. More giving over to someone else the responsibility of a leader.

You tell the community that to get out of poverty they strive to be Thomas Sowell or
Neil deGrasse Tyson, not Tupac. They strive to be Micheal Jordan not a street dealer. Will they ever accomplish the greatness those men accomplished? Doubtful but it is a better goal then telling them every day they are not going to accomplish anything because the white man is holding them down. When in fact it is within themselves. You tell them all of this then do your damnest to get them work that is both fulfilling and something they can be a member of society. YOU don't flood the country with low educated, low wage people that take those jobs.

The Police I tell them that they better not be racially profiling, in that they just pull people over on fishing
expeditions. Yes, the majority of crimes in black communities are committed by black men but the majority of blacks within that community don't want the crime or commit the crimes any more then do whites. I refuse to believe that the majority of those in Ferguson support the riots that tear down their community, I just don't believe it. I think the riot is mostly driven by those who profit by riot and division.

It's the punchline of a very bad joke. The republican party is the party of old whites. But Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton are the youthful standard bearers of the young democrats.
They certainly beat the pants off your old cross-burners.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
:lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao:
cross burners ??? :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao:

do you need to be told the original cross burners, the demorat party, are the CROSS BURNERS :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao:

i never believed any one person could be so fucking stupid, thank you for proving me wrong, my first ever..., :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: :up:

Oh yeah!! We wouldn't want to push too hard for fairness!! That shit causes setbacks.

Give me a fucking break.
One must put one's self in the shoes of White Folk from time to time, just as we are asked to put ourselves into the shoes of minorities so often.

From the perspective of White Folk of goodwill...

What do they see?

A half-century (50 years since the 1964 Civil Rights Act) of quotas and preferential treatment in hiring and school enrollment and government contracting, and forced school bus-ing and grant money for business startups and community improvement projects, and gazillions of dollars in welfare and housing and living subsidies, and touchy-feely media and popular entertainment venues over minority sensibilities and issues, and where are we at?

pic_giant_081614_SM_Ferguson-Looting-G.jpg

And what does this get us, from the perspective of White Folk of goodwill?

The ones who have been disadvantaged the most and contributed the most, to this half-century of artificial preferential treatment?

I'll tell you.

Donor Exhaustion.

A phrase borrowed from the realm of philanthropy, and applicable here.

And, once Donor Exhaustion sets in, the donations (willingness to allow continued preferential treatment at-law, etc.) begin to dry up.

It's a two-way street.

Forum List

Back