Obama bring solar to Walmart, Ikea etc. Horrors...

so why DID the Gipper remove solar panels from the WH then? :eusa_think: Aesthetics? :doubt: He did it to score cheap political points w/ his base.
No, they were largely symbolic and given Carter's track record on energy, a joke.

Solar-energy system installed at White House ? History.com This Day in History ? 6/20/1979
In 1986, President Reagan had the solar panels removed and put into a federal storage facility in Virginia, stating that the energy crisis that had affected both foreign and domestic policy during Carter's term would not be a factor during his own. Both the environmental organization Greenpeace and a college in Maine asked to have the solar panels after they were taken down. As an October 2004 Associated Press article reported, Greenpeace's request for the panels, which they wanted to use in a homeless shelter, was ultimately rejected, and in 1992, the conservation-minded Unity College of Maine installed them to use for the generation of hot water in the student dining hall. Former President Carter sent a congratulatory note to the college saying he was glad the panels would be of some use.

By 2004, the solar panels had worn out. Unity College kept one of the panels for "historical significance," donated another panel to the Smithsonian Institute and offered the rest for sale.

Wow...so these "negligible" panels provided hot water to a college from 1979 to 2004.

Yup, pure spite and mean.
...which means nothing. It was only for a cafeteria, not the whole school. How much did they save? How many cups of coffee did they help produce? Show us where it was spiteful and mean, the assertion has been made with nothing but political intolerance for support.

Solar power is great. But do any of you lefties have any idea how much fossil fuel is consumed to make solar panels? Do you have any idea how much they cost and how long the break-even period is for the average home?

Do you realize that they only work when the sun is out? Do you realize that they do nothing at night or on a cloudy day?

I have a solar water heater, I live in the south where we have a lot of sunny days. I cycle the heated water into an insulated storage tank to keep it hot for several hours. It works, I built it myself. It probably saves me $20/month. Not a big deal but it was fun building it. You can buy a kit with the necessary sensors and a small pump on line. The rest is just basic plumbing.

As I said, solar is great. But lets not get carried away and think it will replace fossil fuels in the foreseeable future.

and for you libs, how about that solar panel farm in california that was never built because it might disturb a family of lizards? i.e. libs don't live in reality.
And of course we have wind power...but they have a tendency to chop up birds...and the elites that want them, want them anywhere but in their neighborhoods.

Right, I remember when a wind farm was proposed for offshore of the Kennedy estate in Mass. The Kennedy family blocked it because it would disturb their view of the ocean.

hypocricy is the watchword of liberals.

Sorta vague info there. Sounds like he's still campaigning. I wonder when he will become a president? Pretty cool though that BO goes to WallyWorld, I'll bet he picked up a little something for the missus.

for as much as libtards hate Walmart

it is amuzing watching them spin it into something nice

--LOL

Robert Reich Rips White House ‘Numbskull’ Who Arranged Obama Walmart Speech

Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich ripped into the White House on Friday for the decision to allow President Barack Obama to hold a press event at a Walmart. Calling the staffer at the White House who planned the event a “numbskull,” Reich wondered how it was possible for the president’s staff to essentially endorse Walmart in spite of what he said was their unfair compensation practices.

“What numbskull in the White House arranged this?” an incensed Reich wrote on his Facebook page on Thursday. He went on to lambaste the company over its carbon emissions and it’s labor practices.

Solar power is great. But do any of you lefties have any idea how much fossil fuel is consumed to make solar panels? Do you have any idea how much they cost and how long the break-even period is for the average home?

Do you realize that they only work when the sun is out? Do you realize that they do nothing at night or on a cloudy day?

I have a solar water heater, I live in the south where we have a lot of sunny days. I cycle the heated water into an insulated storage tank to keep it hot for several hours. It works, I built it myself. It probably saves me $20/month. Not a big deal but it was fun building it. You can buy a kit with the necessary sensors and a small pump on line. The rest is just basic plumbing.

As I said, solar is great. But lets not get carried away and think it will replace fossil fuels in the foreseeable future.

and for you libs, how about that solar panel farm in california that was never built because it might disturb a family of lizards? i.e. libs don't live in reality.
And of course we have wind power...but they have a tendency to chop up birds...and the elites that want them, want them anywhere but in their neighborhoods.

Right, I remember when a wind farm was proposed for offshore of the Kennedy estate in Mass. The Kennedy family blocked it because it would disturb their view of the ocean.

hypocricy is the watchword of liberals.
Exactly.

sorta vague info there. Sounds like he's still campaigning. I wonder when he will become a president? Pretty cool though that bo goes to wallyworld, i'll bet he picked up a little something for the missus.

for as much as libtards hate walmart

it is amuzing watching them spin it into something nice

--lol

robert reich rips white house ‘numbskull’ who arranged obama walmart speech

former labor secretary robert reich ripped into the white house on friday for the decision to allow president barack obama to hold a press event at a walmart. Calling the staffer at the white house who planned the event a “numbskull,” reich wondered how it was possible for the president’s staff to essentially endorse walmart in spite of what he said was their unfair compensation practices.

“what numbskull in the white house arranged this?” an incensed reich wrote on his facebook page on thursday. He went on to lambaste the company over its carbon emissions and it’s labor practices.

--lol

I'm conservative by nature and am no fan of our President, but I do believe solar energy in itself is beneficial to our society, and that fellow conservatives should support this as well.

I'm conservative by nature and am no fan of our President, but I do believe solar energy in itself is beneficial to our society, and that fellow conservatives should support this as well.

It's fine to support such things...but it isn't going to happen overnight...and as one poster [MENTION=42379]Redfish[/MENTION] pointed out? The amount of energy it takes to manufacture these panels and their efficiency can't measure to fossil fuels.

Thing is? We are going to need fossil fuels for the forseeable future especially to pursue alternate methods. And we have more of it than anyone else...we just need to tap it...and create jobs.

the vast majority do support it. we just want it to be done sensibly

It's fine to support such things...but it isn't going to happen overnight...and as one poster [MENTION=42379]Redfish[/MENTION] pointed out? The amount of energy it takes to manufacture these panels and their efficiency can't measure to fossil fuels.

Thing is? We are going to need fossil fuels for the forseeable future especially to pursue alternate methods. And we have more of it than anyone else...we just need to tap it...and create jobs.

Let's assume for just one minute that all of the tons of black smoke billowing into our atmosphere every single second has a negative impact. What is the cost of this happening to our planet? Does all that noxious gas dissipate into outer space? Where does it go? Like a bad fart, it should quickly escape the pants. If our atmosphere contains it, what happens when near limitless farting occurs? 40 years from now, if the condition of our planet's air has deteriorated, what do we do? What can we even do?

Solar energy releases no noxious gas. I use it, and I pay very little in electrical bills. Let's create jobs by finding ways to create massive amounts of solar panels. There must be even better ways to harness the power of our sun. A visionary could see large constructs in space orbiting around the sun, gathering large amounts of energy in futuristic batteries.

Part of me thinks that much of the opposition to our President's designs on solar energy has to do with him not being a republican. Sometimes we must put our differences behind us and compromise in order to reach our goals.

The point is that conservatives do not oppose more efficient means of energy, that's the slander of the left they use as tools to get whatever they want. Throwing money at projects for the sake of doing them and the image it provides is not fiscally conservative.

The notion is that conservatives (or Republicans more often than not) simply love wasting energy for shits and giggles.

Part of me thinks that much of the opposition to our President's designs on solar energy has to do with him not being a republican. Sometimes we must put our differences behind us and compromise in order to reach our goals.
No....forget the partisan crap. It is being FORCED without thinking of the consequences...fallout much like ObamaCare.

reminds me of when Raygun (the Repub budget buster :eusa_shhh: ) removed solar panels from the WH for no other reason than pure rw spite.
They weren't boiling the water for his hippie vats so they went back to the 220v system. Obama was going to put them back up to power Michelle's bedroom toys but they weren't quite up to snuff for that either.

You really are a POS.

No, it's the spending of billions of our dollars on wet dreams when we are in a financial crisis.

It's fine to support such things...but it isn't going to happen overnight...and as one poster @Redfish pointed out? The amount of energy it takes to manufacture these panels and their efficiency can't measure to fossil fuels.

Let's assume for just one minute that all of the tons of black smoke billowing into our atmosphere every single second has a negative impact. What is the cost of this happening to our planet? Does all that noxious gas dissipate into outer space? Where does it go? Like a bad fart, it should quickly escape the pants. If our atmosphere contains it, what happens when near limitless farting occurs? 40 years from now, if the condition of our planet's air has deteriorated, what do we do? What can we even do?

Solar energy releases no noxious gas. I use it, and I pay very little in electrical bills. Let's create jobs by finding ways to create massive amounts of solar panels. There must be even better ways to harness the power of our sun. A visionary could see large constructs in space orbiting around the sun, gathering large amounts of energy in futuristic batteries.
WE better than any country on the planet have addressed those issues and handle it better than anyone else. Methinks you are resorting to scare tactics. Want to point fingers at billowing black smoke? Try China, India...other emerging economies that are surpassing us.

I don't buy that argument.

reminds me of when Raygun (the Repub budget buster :eusa_shhh: ) removed solar panels from the WH for no other reason than pure rw spite.
They weren't boiling the water for his hippie vats so they went back to the 220v system. Obama was going to put them back up to power Michelle's bedroom toys but they weren't quite up to snuff for that either.

placeholder of a post :yawn:

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the politics sub-forum. You read the rules Skippy?
"Zone 2": Political Forum/ Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

Grow up son :eusa_hand:

He's grown, he grew into an adult POS.

placeholder of a post :yawn:

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the politics sub-forum. You read the rules Skippy?
"Zone 2": Political Forum/ Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

Grow up son :eusa_hand:

He's grown, he grew into an adult POS.
Which is a compliment coming from you.

Forum List

Back