Obama bring solar to Walmart, Ikea etc. Horrors...

Well, it depends on where you are, actually. Here in southern Arizona, where the weather is virtually always clear and bright and sunny, a lot of businesses choose to install solar panels - with absolutely no encouragement/coercion from any government entity - because it really is cost-effective for them. Our local electric company has a program where they will rent your roof; essentially, they pay you a stipend every month to allow them to put solar panels on your roof and feed the resulting power into the local grid.

That being said, you're still going to need some sort of supplement for when the sun isn't shining, because even in the summer, when the sun doesn't go down until around 9 pm, we do still have nighttime. And solar power is still completely ridiculous for places like Seattle, where it rains so damned much you practically mildew.

Accepted. Sensible. I just don't like the heavy-handed government forcing it.

thats what the libs don't get. when these things become economically viable the free market will be all over them. the govt will only screw it up and delay the process.
Indeed, which goes back to one of my main memes I repeat ad nauseum on these pages...it's all about control with these elites and is NEVER about Liberty that they were sent to The District of Criminals to protect.

Sorta vague info there. Sounds like he's still campaigning. I wonder when he will become a president? Pretty cool though that BO goes to WallyWorld, I'll bet he picked up a little something for the missus.
That's just it...he hasn't stopped. Campaigning or golfing...and wrecking the economy. ALL he's done.
The Campaigner in Chief. Voting present for 6 years running....

Solar power is great. But do any of you lefties have any idea how much fossil fuel is consumed to make solar panels? Do you have any idea how much they cost and how long the break-even period is for the average home?

Do you realize that they only work when the sun is out? Do you realize that they do nothing at night or on a cloudy day?

I have a solar water heater, I live in the south where we have a lot of sunny days. I cycle the heated water into an insulated storage tank to keep it hot for several hours. It works, I built it myself. It probably saves me $20/month. Not a big deal but it was fun building it. You can buy a kit with the necessary sensors and a small pump on line. The rest is just basic plumbing.

As I said, solar is great. But lets not get carried away and think it will replace fossil fuels in the foreseeable future.

and for you libs, how about that solar panel farm in california that was never built because it might disturb a family of lizards? i.e. libs don't live in reality.

This is why loosiana is far more advanced than kalifornia.

Sorta vague info there. Sounds like he's still campaigning. I wonder when he will become a president? Pretty cool though that BO goes to WallyWorld, I'll bet he picked up a little something for the missus.
That's just it...he hasn't stopped. Campaigning or golfing...and wrecking the economy. ALL he's done.

Yep, the economy is wrecked. This is why the stock market has record lows.

Really? And HOW did they get to where they are under Obama...the FED...QE_______________________. To the tune of how many billions a month? A trainwreck in pause. Keep trying. YOU will get there eventually.:eusa_hand:

Solar power is great. But do any of you lefties have any idea how much fossil fuel is consumed to make solar panels? Do you have any idea how much they cost and how long the break-even period is for the average home?

Do you realize that they only work when the sun is out? Do you realize that they do nothing at night or on a cloudy day?

I have a solar water heater, I live in the south where we have a lot of sunny days. I cycle the heated water into an insulated storage tank to keep it hot for several hours. It works, I built it myself. It probably saves me $20/month. Not a big deal but it was fun building it. You can buy a kit with the necessary sensors and a small pump on line. The rest is just basic plumbing.

As I said, solar is great. But lets not get carried away and think it will replace fossil fuels in the foreseeable future.

and for you libs, how about that solar panel farm in california that was never built because it might disturb a family of lizards? i.e. libs don't live in reality.

If everything turns to shit the people of Louisiana will be able to fend for themselves, the people of caliprunia will revert to canibalism because all they know how to do is snort crack and strut around like a peacock with a corn cob up his ass.

And a plethora of others. It just isn't economically feasible.

Well, it depends on where you are, actually. Here in southern Arizona, where the weather is virtually always clear and bright and sunny, a lot of businesses choose to install solar panels - with absolutely no encouragement/coercion from any government entity - because it really is cost-effective for them. Our local electric company has a program where they will rent your roof; essentially, they pay you a stipend every month to allow them to put solar panels on your roof and feed the resulting power into the local grid.

That being said, you're still going to need some sort of supplement for when the sun isn't shining, because even in the summer, when the sun doesn't go down until around 9 pm, we do still have nighttime. And solar power is still completely ridiculous for places like Seattle, where it rains so damned much you practically mildew.

Exactly. So very much NOT the business of the federal government.

thats what the libs don't get. when these things become economically viable the free market will be all over them. the govt will only screw it up and delay the process.

With very specific exceptions, if you need the government to do it in order for it to be done, it's probably because it's not worth doing.

How are we defining "advanced", and how often have you ever even BEEN to Louisiana?

Considering how much leftists hate Wall Street and Big Corporations, it's funny how they define the stock market as the sum total of the US economy.

Considering how much leftists hate Wall Street and Big Corporations, it's funny how they define the stock market as the sum total of the US economy.

And since we have DEBT, Deficits...unfunded mandates...in the TRILLIONS that can never be repaid...ever...shows how clueless these schmucks truly are.

With very specific exceptions, if you need the government to do it in order for it to be done, it's probably because it's not worth doing.
Rule of thumb. Politicians 'bringing home the proverbial bacon which isn't why we send them to the District of Criminals. THEY are to safeguard our liberty. THEY have done an abysmal job of it IMHO.

Forum List

Back