Obama closing the gunshow loophole

Davros

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2015
By illegal executive order.

Expanding the requirement of background checks to private dealers is illegal because it is not in the law passed by Congress. Obama is trying to illegally change the law through executive order.

I don't care your party or what your opinion on the gunshow loophole is ... this is wrong.

Obama's use of illegal executive order to circumvent the law should have been an impeachable offense, but Obama has gotten away with it. The shame.

Obama closing the gunshow loophole

...but still not closing his failed administrations' vetting loopholes.

:beer:

The gun show loophole consists of a few people who restore old guns such as those they inherited, and sell them at a gun show. (People who sell guns for a living have to have a license to do so and a background check is done before a sale can go through. Yes, even at gun shows.)

I'm pretty sure that there have been no mass murders done with Uncle Haurice's old rusty revolver that was found in his attic when he died. Still. Thanks for pretending to do something to keep up safe, obama !

The gun show loophole consists of a few people who restore old guns such as those they inherited, and sell them at a gun show. (People who sell guns for a living have to have a license to do so and a background check is done before a sale can go through. Yes, even at gun shows.)

I'm pretty sure that there have been no mass murders done with Uncle Haurice's old rusty revolver that was found in his attic when he died. Still. Thanks for pretending to do something to keep up safe, obama !
Even if it's doing something illegal ...

What do you mean by that? I'm agreeing with you. You don't get sarcasm? What?

I voted your post agree. I was adding to your point.

I voted your post agree. I was adding to your point.
Sorry. I misunderstood. Thanks.

There is no gun show "loophole", as it is impossible to legally avoid the background checks specified by federal law.
Bullshit.

Under federal law, private sellers at gun shows do not have to do a background check.

I've been to a zillion gun shows. They are pretty much like flea markets, but there are some licensed dealers at the bigger ones. The licensed dealers have to do background checks, everyone else does not.

Yeah, if it had not been for those gun show loopholes, the terrorists who slipped right through Obama's 'thorough' background checks would have never killed those 14 American citizens!
:rolleyes:

"Oh no, Sayeed...they have closed the gun show loopholes. We can no longer travel to the US and kill Americans!"

Last edited:
I can go to a gun show with a bucket of cash and come out of there armed to the teeth, with full body armor head to toe, without once having to show my ID.

And so how does Obama have the authority to unilaterally change federal law?
It's pretty much his own authority, like he's been doing for while... After all, he still has his phone and pen...

There is no gun show "loophole", as it is impossible to legally avoid the background checks specified by federal law.
Bullshit.

Under federal law, private sellers at gun shows do not have to do a background check.
No one has shown me the EO.

Just the other day, someone said Obama signed an EO banning nativity scenes. Just so much more bullshit.

Show me the EO!

Yeah, if it had not been for those gun show loopholes, the terrorists who slipped right through Obama's 'thorough' background checks would have never killed those 14 American citizens!
:rolleyes:

"Oh no, Sayeed...they have closed the gun show loopholes. We can no longer travel to the US and kill Americans!"
Farook was an American citizen who got his guns through a straw man.

Nice try.

Bullshit.

No one has shown me the EO.

Just the other day, someone said Obama signed an EO banning nativity scenes. Just so much more bullshit.

Show me the EO!
My OP had a link ... a major story on CNN where Obama is planning an executive order. But nice deflection ... not.

Before any of you ASSUME Obama can't close the loophole, you might want to read the federal law.

The legislature legislates, the Executive executes. Many federal laws direct the executive branch to write the body of regulations upon the framework of the legislation.

So if the federal law about background checks gives the executive a lot of latitude, as quite a few laws do, Obama just might have the authority to tighten background check regulations.

Therefore, instead of listening to your usual propaganda ministries, you should be reading the law for yourselves.

Good luck.

Forum List

Back