Obama compares Iraq to Viet Nam

One, analogy of Iraq and Vietnam is apt.

Two, Bush upended the ME.

Three, Bush failed to negotiate an acceptable SOFA.

Four, the far right, e.g., CrusaderFrank, want WWIII and a return to the culture of the fifties.

Reality is tough, Frank, and you are not living in it.

Have some of you forgotten that we LOST in Vietnam?

NO!! i have not forgotten how LBJ and McNamara fucked us who wanted to fight that war like all previous wars and win.., e.g., WWII !!

What justified our being there in the first place? Imperialism? Colonialism? Madness?

No one can name a single vital US interest that justified our meddling in the affairs of Vietnam.

And, we ended up losing and in the long run we're probably better off for losing.
Leftard wants to hand Korea to the commies.
No oil there for the moonbat.

We had Iraq won...then Obungles fumbled it away, we could have won Vietnam but politics prevented it, the two common denominators? Democrat CINCs

Had it won?

So why would we have needed to stay 10 years after "Mission Accomplished"?

Germany, Japan ring a bell? You're dismissed

I am not sure Vietnam was ever winnable. I am thinking the best we could have done is maintain the Status Quo, which the south was not able to do with out the US. Nixon tried to bomb them into submission but the MSM in America would have none of it.

The bombing them into submission was working and you're correct, the left and MSM were losing their minds.

Yes, the bombing might have brought them to the peace table and an agreement met. By gosh that was done and you can see where that got us. There was no victory in Vietnam, in my opinion. We, the US, did not lose, the US just didn't win enough for the South to stand on their own.

lol, if winning in Vietnam was VITAL to our interests, and we LOST, why haven't we been destroyed, or severely harmed,

by the loss of those imaginary vital interests?

We lost in Vietnam and the consequences were of no importance whatsoever. We lost 58,000 people for 'vital interests' that didn't exist...

...no different than Iraq. 4500 people lost for 'vital interests' that didn't exist.
Obama declared Iraq a stable and secure Democracy.
Mission Accomplished.

Then Iraq's fight with ISIS is Iraq's responsibility.

lol, if winning in Vietnam was VITAL to our interests, and we LOST, why haven't we been destroyed, or severely harmed,

by the loss of those imaginary vital interests?

We lost in Vietnam and the consequences were of no importance whatsoever. We lost 58,000 people for 'vital interests' that didn't exist...

...no different than Iraq. 4500 people lost for 'vital interests' that didn't exist.
Obama declared Iraq a stable and secure Democracy.
Mission Accomplished.

Then Iraq's fight with ISIS is Iraq's responsibility.
Kurds have been begging Obama for arms starting 6 years ago. To fight this new growing group that calls themselves ISIS.
And each time Obama said no.
Obama intentionally lost Iraq.

Oh please.

We had Iraq won...then Obungles fumbled it away, we could have won Vietnam but politics prevented it, the two common denominators? Democrat CINCs

Had it won?

I am not sure Vietnam was ever winnable. I am thinking the best we could have done is maintain the Status Quo, which the south was not able to do with out the US. Nixon tried to bomb them into submission but the MSM in America would have none of it.

The bombing them into submission was working and you're correct, the left and MSM were losing their minds.

Yes, the bombing might have brought them to the peace table and an agreement met. By gosh that was done and you can see where that got us. There was no victory in Vietnam, in my opinion. We, the US, did lose, the US just didn't win enough for the South to stand on their own.

Vietnam was one huge mistake...a democrat mistake

NO!! i have not forgotten how LBJ and McNamara fucked us who wanted to fight that war like all previous wars and win.., e.g., WWII !!

What justified our being there in the first place? Imperialism? Colonialism? Madness?

No one can name a single vital US interest that justified our meddling in the affairs of Vietnam.

And, we ended up losing and in the long run we're probably better off for losing.

You're in the wrong thread.

Had it won?

Vietnam was winnable. But pansy politicians kept it from happening.

How would you have won in Vietnam? What would have been called victory?
You cutoff supplies. Got Soviet ships in Haipong? Sunk. Got Chinese trucks driving into NV? Obliterated. Got Soviet planes flying in NV airspace? Dusted.

You're in the wrong thread.
You're the moron who brought Vietnam into the discussion.

Had it won?

Yes, the bombing might have brought them to the peace table and an agreement met. By gosh that was done and you can see where that got us. There was no victory in Vietnam, in my opinion. We, the US, did lose, the US just didn't win enough for the South to stand on their own.

Opposition the war in Vietnam came from the Left. The Right was all in with Johnson.

One, analogy of Iraq and Vietnam is apt.

Two, Bush upended the ME.

Three, Bush failed to negotiate an acceptable SOFA.

Four, the far right, e.g., CrusaderFrank, want WWIII and a return to the culture of the fifties.

Reality is tough, Frank, and you are not living in it.

there is absolutely no comparison to Vietnam. If there is then make one other then just stating your support for a failed president. Haven't you and your liberal left wing friends been beating up GWB long enough isn't it time you took a look at the failure in the WH? Now, if you want a comparison maybe Afghanistan is more apt. After all we still have men dying in Afghanistan long after Obama admitted defeat. Afghanistan is Obama's war which he lost.

Had it won?

Began by Eisenhower and fostered by Nixion, yep.

Had it won?

You cutoff supplies. Got Soviet ships in Haipong? Sunk. Got Chinese trucks driving into NV? Obliterated. Got Soviet planes flying in NV airspace? Dusted.

General Armchair weighs in.

there is absolutely no comparison to Vietnam. If there is then make one other then just stating your support for a failed president. Haven't you and your liberal left wing friends been beating up GWB long enough isn't it time you took a look at the failure in the WH? Now, if you want a comparison maybe Afghanistan is more apt. After all we still have men dying in Afghanistan long after Obama admitted defeat. Afghanistan is Obama's war which he lost.
You really don't get it. You youngsters. :lol:

General Armchair weighs in.
Says the moron talking about military victories and loses.

freewill and weatherman absolutely are wrong.

The analogy is apt, correct, and to the point.

The neo-cons are more dangerous to America than even in the social cons.

Nope, I understand you perfectly. I lived through Korea and Vietnam I understand there is absolutely no comparison between the two. And once again you are challenged and come up short.

freewill and weatherman absolutely are wrong.

The analogy is apt, correct, and to the point.

The neo-cons are more dangerous to America than even in the social cons.

Blah, blah blah, jake just keeps saying the same old BS over and over.

I don't have a link, so delete this post if you want. I watched Obama do this during his State of the Union Speech.

Obama claimed, 'It's the lesson from Iraq. It's the lesson from Viet Nam.' He said we should have learned by now.

Unlike Viet Nam, we liberated a nation in Iraq. He allowed Iraq to be invaded afterwards by enabling ISIS to flow in UNOPPOSED!

Obama said we could not try to rebuild nations when they dall into chaos, but HE dragged our nation into war on his own to help Al Qaeida - who killed over 1,000 Americans - take over their own country, and he dragged us into the middle of a Syrian cuvil war by trying to fight his on Proxy war there.

What a piece of crap....
He's right we should have learned by now you don't let politicians or public opinion decide the strategies of combat. If we are going to send in troops let them fight to win.

Nope, I understand you perfectly. I lived through Korea and Vietnam I understand there is absolutely no comparison between the two. And once again you are challenged and come up short.
You old geezer, Freewill Snow, you know nothing. All of you neo-cons know nothing.

Blah, blah blah, Freewill keeps mumbling into his gruel.

Nope, we left troops to prevent anyone taking advantage of the power vacuum

Where's the power vaccuum in Europe now if we leave? Can't Europe fill it?
Europe has traditionally spent little on military, using the bulk of its' resources for social services. Sorta like the left here.

Which is exactly why we shouldn't be there in any capacity that they could muster themselves.
Take it to congress and get back to us.

Congress is owned by the defense lobby in sufficient measure to make common sense impossible.
Support that with something better than a wikilink.

Forum List

Back