Obama declares June to be LGBT Pride Month !!!

Bovine excrement! The definition of equality, in the context of human rights is about how people are treated. It is not about everyone being the same. To use the definition of “equal” vs. "equality" is a dishonest, desperate and sleazy attempt at deception. http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/lgbt-rights/marriage-equality

Okay, if you're going to bend the definition, I'll work with it. Even if it was about being treated equally by the citizens of America, then it's not something to be legislated, that just further discriminates them, because there are now laws specifically for people of that type. You cannot force people to show respect to people who haven't earned it, or force people to treat them a certain way. It's against freedom of speech.

Your reference to the “opposite orientation” is the clearest indication yet of your pathetic ignorance of the entire issue since sexual orientation exists along a continuum from heterosexual to varying degrees of bisexuality to homosexuality.
I wasn't sure how else to refer to being straight. Your nitpicking is amusing, though.

Lastly, when we talk about equal treatment, we’re talking about actions or inactions by the government that results in, or fails to prevent discrimination. Gay pride month is not about discrimination, it's about .....PRIDE So, if you want a “straight pride month” go for it. No one is stopping you from trying to get one, so you are not being discriminated against. I’ll try to keep a straight face.
It's not the government's job to make sure citizens treat other citizens with respect. It's the government's job to punish people for assaulting you, or murdering you. Asking for them to stifle freedom of speech is downright ignorant. I'd also like to point out that Gay Pride Month is a presidential declaration.

As far as laws against discrimination goes, to claim that heterosexuals should have such protections because of their orientation is another desperate logical fallacy in the form of a false analogy and a non sequitur. In other words, it makes no sense because straight people are not discriminated against because of sexual orientation.

I’ll be looking forward to your next idiotic post
I'm not claiming Heterosexuals should have protection because of their orientation, I'm saying that legislating protection for specific types of citizens is a silly notion for a multitude of reasons, some of those reasons being the ones I pointed out.It shows favoritism, stifles the rights of other citizens, and further separates them from said other citizens.

Okay, if you're going to bend the definition, I'll work with it. Even if it was about being treated equally by the citizens of America, then it's not something to be legislated, that just further discriminates them, because there are now laws specifically for people of that type. You cannot force people to show respect to people who haven't earned it, or force people to treat them a certain way. It's against freedom of speech.
I get the feeling that you have never read the constitution. Equality is most certainly is something to be legislated. Are you familiar with the concepts of equal protection under the law, due process, and the rule of law? I think not. You’re trying to twist this to say that laws against discrimination are in themselves discriminatory even after I pointed out to you that laws against discrimination- on the basis of sexual orientation or identity- do not actually name any orientation or identity but simply say that no one may discriminate on the basis of ANY orientation or identity. No you cannot force people to show respect and they can indeed exercise their right to free speech by spewing whatever nonsensical, bigoted crap they want, but they can force people and institutions to afford people who belong to a minority group the same rights that other enjoy.

I wasn't sure how else to refer to being straight. Your nitpicking is amusing, though..

Nitpicking? It was a display of ignorance and I called you on it. You dumbed it down to an “either or” thing and now you’re trying to squirm out of it. Again, people of all orientations have the same protections. However, are those who are other than heterosexual, who need those protections.

It's not the government's job to make sure citizens treat other citizens with respect. It's the government's job to punish people for assaulting you, or murdering you. Asking for them to stifle freedom of speech is downright ignorant. I'd also like to point out that Gay Pride Month is a presidential declaration..

It is the governments job to protect the most vulnerable citizens against abuse and discrimination. Again, you really should read the Constitution before you continue to embarrass yourself by blathering about that which you know nothing about. You are free to disrespect others and (ab)use your right to free speech by bad mouthing them, but you cannot discriminate against them. You cannot deny them the same rights that you enjoy.

I'm not claiming Heterosexuals should have protection because of their orientation, I'm saying that legislating protection for specific types of citizens is a silly notion for a multitude of reasons, some of those reasons being the ones I pointed out..

The only thing that you pointed out was your ignorance of our system of constitutional law.
Wow, you broke this post so hard, I can't even tell what's being said.
Deal with it. I said what I has to say.

Bovine excrement! The definition of equality, in the context of human rights is about how people are treated. It is not about everyone being the same. To use the definition of “equal” vs. "equality" is a dishonest, desperate and sleazy attempt at deception. http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/lgbt-rights/marriage-equality

Your reference to the “opposite orientation” is the clearest indication yet of your pathetic ignorance of the entire issue since sexual orientation exists along a continuum from heterosexual to varying degrees of bisexuality to homosexuality.
I wasn't sure how else to refer to being straight. Your nitpicking is amusing, though.

Lastly, when we talk about equal treatment, we’re talking about actions or inactions by the government that results in, or fails to prevent discrimination. Gay pride month is not about discrimination, it's about .....PRIDE So, if you want a “straight pride month” go for it. No one is stopping you from trying to get one, so you are not being discriminated against. I’ll try to keep a straight face.
It's not the government's job to make sure citizens treat other citizens with respect. It's the government's job to punish people for assaulting you, or murdering you. Asking for them to stifle freedom of speech is downright ignorant. I'd also like to point out that Gay Pride Month is a presidential declaration.

As far as laws against discrimination goes, to claim that heterosexuals should have such protections because of their orientation is another desperate logical fallacy in the form of a false analogy and a non sequitur. In other words, it makes no sense because straight people are not discriminated against because of sexual orientation.

I'm not claiming Heterosexuals should have protection because of their orientation, I'm saying that legislating protection for specific types of citizens is a silly notion for a multitude of reasons, some of those reasons being the ones I pointed out.It shows favoritism, stifles the rights of other citizens, and further separates them from said other citizens.

I get the feeling that you have never read the constitution. Equality is most certainly is something to be legislated. Are you familiar with the concepts of equal protection under the law, due process, and the rule of law? I think not. You’re trying to twist this to say that laws against discrimination are in themselves discriminatory even after I pointed out to you that laws against discrimination- on the basis of sexual orientation or identity- do not actually name any orientation or identity but simply say that no one may discriminate on the basis of ANY orientation or identity. No you cannot force people to show respect and they can indeed exercise their right to free speech by spewing whatever nonsensical, bigoted crap they want, but they can force people and institutions to afford people who belong to a minority group the same rights that other enjoy.

I wasn't sure how else to refer to being straight. Your nitpicking is amusing, though..

Nitpicking? It was a display of ignorance and I called you on it. You dumbed it down to an “either or” thing and now you’re trying to squirm out of it. Again, people of all orientations have the same protections. However, are those who are other than heterosexual, who need those protections.

It's not the government's job to make sure citizens treat other citizens with respect. It's the government's job to punish people for assaulting you, or murdering you. Asking for them to stifle freedom of speech is downright ignorant. I'd also like to point out that Gay Pride Month is a presidential declaration..

It is the governments job to protect the most vulnerable citizens against abuse and discrimination. Again, you really should read the Constitution before you continue to embarrass yourself by blathering about that which you know nothing about. You are free to disrespect others and (ab)use your right to free speech by bad mouthing them, but you cannot discriminate against them. You cannot deny them the same rights that you enjoy.

I'm not claiming Heterosexuals should have protection because of their orientation, I'm saying that legislating protection for specific types of citizens is a silly notion for a multitude of reasons, some of those reasons being the ones I pointed out..

The only thing that you pointed out was your ignorance of our system of constitutional law.
O-oh. Okay, then. Thank you for the debate, we'll cross paths again. Hopefully next time you'll be clearer and fix your post if it breaks, but I've enjoyed debating with you. You're far better than most of the other Liberals I've debated with in the sense that you provide facts and seem to know what you're talking about. We don't even disagree entirely, just on details. Nice meeting you.

O-oh. Okay, then. Thank you for the debate, we'll cross paths again. Hopefully next time you'll be clearer and fix your post if it breaks, but I've enjoyed debating with you. You're far better than most of the other Liberals I've debated with in the sense that you provide facts and seem to know what you're talking about. We don't even disagree entirely, just on details. Nice meeting you.

And thank you. Not sure what happened with the posts, There seems to be problems with this site. See you around.

We used to be proud of going to the Moon. Now we are proud of men buttfucking men and women wearing pants and standing up at the urinal.

JFK's legacy was he put a man on the moon.
Obama's legacy will be he put a man in the ladies restroom.

. Gay pride month is not about discrimination, it's about .....PRIDE

There is nothing to be proud of about being a homosexual. It is a status of abnormal craziness, that requires psychiatric help to cure. The reason for Gay pride month (or parades, or whatever else) is to DEFLECT from the SHAME of homosexuality.

As for discrimination, there certainly ought to be discrimination against gays in anything where children are involved. I see many more homosexuals among young people than there were years ago. That's because society has stupidly allowed gays to get close to kids (in schools, scouting, etc), and they have become indoctrinated to see homosexuality as normal and acceptable. (which, of course, it is neither).

It's not my fault you fail to understand what is and is not perverse and deviant. People like you really should be in a mental hospital before you commit a crime against nature.

The queer issue has absolutely nothing to do with any civil right cause. It is a wedge issue to strip the civil rights of religious people who don't want to be involved with these ridiculous pseudo "wedding" trend. When it's NAMBLA's turn to be fought for and promoted by the left I'm sure you'll defend that agenda as well.

I'm sorry that self righteous, judgmental pieces of shit like yourself feel like your civil rights are being violated because those that don't share your faith or lifestyle want to be treated equally and fairly and fight against oppression.

I'll see if we can rally up some support for you all in case you need some shoulders to cry on.

You're the one that says all they want is equality then support special treatment for them.
We've gone done this road with your "equality" arguement. I made you look stupid. Do you really want to open that can again?. Move on to the next point.
I don't see how you'd make him look 'stupid' when you're the one who's wrong. You stated earlier that getting a holiday for your sexual orientation is somehow equality, if that's the case, where is 'Straight Day'? That would be equality.
When did people need to fight against oppression and discrimination for their right to be straight?
It amazes me how clueless some people are

You call someone clueless yet claim giving certain groups special rights other groups don't have is equal.

I jy
What exactly do you mean by pervert and sexual deviant? The accomplishment is equal rights, liberty and freedom... Ya know the backbone of our country?? Do you feel the same way about Blacks and women's rights?

It's not my fault you fail to understand what is and is not perverse and deviant. People like you really should be in a mental hospital before you commit a crime against nature.

The queer issue has absolutely nothing to do with any civil right cause. It is a wedge issue to strip the civil rights of religious people who don't want to be involved with these ridiculous pseudo "wedding" trend. When it's NAMBLA's turn to be fought for and promoted by the left I'm sure you'll defend that agenda as well.

I'm sorry that self righteous, judgmental pieces of shit like yourself feel like your civil rights are being violated because those that don't share your faith or lifestyle want to be treated equally and fairly and fight against oppression.

I'll see if we can rally up some support for you all in case you need some shoulders to cry on.

You're the one that says all they want is equality then support special treatment for them.
This question has been asked many times and never once have I gotten an answer that makes any sense what so ever: WHAT SPECIAL TREATMENT?!

You mean you've never received an answer with which you agree.

You freak lovers should get on the same page. Even those on your side like Slade say certain groups get special treatment.

When you consider certain groups a protected class status and apply in their favor what you don't do for other non-protected groups, that's special treatment. Hate crime legislation is just one example. When someone of one of those groups is a victim of a crime and there are punishments placed the perpetrator beyond what those punishments would be if the victim wasn't part of protected group (fill in the blank), that's special treatment. You don't have to agree for it to be true. That will never be a requirement. All you have to understand is it's true.

. Gay pride month is not about discrimination, it's about .....PRIDE

There is nothing to be proud of about being a homosexual. It is a status of abnormal craziness, that requires psychiatric help to cure. The reason for Gay pride month (or parades, or whatever else) is to DEFLECT from the SHAME of homosexuality.

As for discrimination, there certainly ought to be discrimination against gays in anything where children are involved. I see many more homosexuals among young people than there were years ago. That's because society has stupidly allowed gays to get close to kids (in schools, scouting, etc), and they have become indoctrinated to see homosexuality as normal and acceptable. (which, of course, it is neither).
Your stupidity and hatred seems to know no bounds.

Great, take your own advice and don't try to impose your anti homo blabber on anybody else then
Great, take your own advice and don't try to impose your pro homo blabber on anybody else then
If you don't want to hear it, get the hell out of here.

Don't worry about their rants. They are bitter because they have lost so many battles in recent years.

As long as I do things the way they're supposed to be done, I can't lose. As long as you support the things you support, you'll be considered a born loser.

Great, take your own advice and don't try to impose your anti homo blabber on anybody else then
Great, take your own advice and don't try to impose your pro homo blabber on anybody else then

Don't worry about their rants. They are bitter because they have lost so many battles in recent years.

As long as I do things the way they're supposed to be done, I can't lose. As long as you support the things you support, you'll be considered a born loser.
I'll be considered a born loser? By whom? Those who preach hate? lol

Times have changed, and for the better.

Those who recognize born losers like you.

Nothing better about thinking sexually confused freaks are normal.

I never said they were normal. I also don't see the huge attraction to being just like everyone else.

But as long as they don't harm anyone, why do you care?

And "better" was not a judgement on anyone. It was a comment on the progress made. Gays are not beaten as often, and when they are the perpetrators are prosecuted. They are accepted by more than half the population. They can marry. They can adopt. They will not be fired for being gay. These are changes that were overdue. If you disagree, that is fine. As I said, no one is harmed by gays no longer having to hide.

I jy
What exactly do you mean by pervert and sexual deviant? The accomplishment is equal rights, liberty and freedom... Ya know the backbone of our country?? Do you feel the same way about Blacks and women's rights?

This question has been asked many times and never once have I gotten an answer that makes any sense what so ever: WHAT SPECIAL TREATMENT?!

You freak lovers should get on the same page. Even those on your side like Slade say certain groups get special treatment.

When you consider certain groups a protected class status and apply in their favor what you don't do for other non-protected groups, that's special treatment. Hate crime legislation is just one example. When someone of one of those groups is a victim of a crime and there are punishments placed the perpetrator beyond what those punishments would be if the victim wasn't part of protected group (fill in the blank), that's special treatment. You don't have to agree for it to be true. That will never be a requirement. All you have to understand is it's true.
More horseshit! Hate crimes laws don't treat the victim differently. They treat the scum perpetrator differently because the crime is not just against the immediate target of their bias fueled wrath but against an entire community who they seek to intimidate and harass. The "protected class" status is with regards to both bias-intimidation crimes, and discrimination is not specific to any sexual orientation or gender identity but rather protects all sexual orientations and gender identities. That would even include you as a heterosexual, cisgender bigot the gay mafia came after you and I hope they will . Please try to learn something, bubba.

I jy

More horseshit! Hate crimes laws don't treat the victim differently. They treat the scum perpetrator differently because the crime is not just against the immediate target of their bias fueled wrath but against an entire community who they seek to intimidate and harass. The "protected class" status is with regards to both bias-intimidation crimes, and discrimination is not specific to any sexual orientation or gender identity but rather protects all sexual orientations and gender identities. That would even include you as a heterosexual, cisgender bigot the gay mafia came after you and I hope they will . Please try to learn something, bubba.

Hate crimes punish the perpetrators differently and more severely on behalf of the victim.

You call me a bigot then wish harm to me. Try not to be such a freak loving asshole. It makes you look foolish.

I never said they were normal. I also don't see the huge attraction to being just like everyone else.

And "better" was not a judgement on anyone. It was a comment on the progress made. Gays are not beaten as often, and when they are the perpetrators are prosecuted. They are accepted by more than half the population. They can marry. They can adopt. They will not be fired for being gay. These are changes that were overdue. If you disagree, that is fine. As I said, no one is harmed by gays no longer having to hide.

They don't want to be like anyone else. That you admit they're abnormal contradicts what you say.

No progress has been made.

Harmed is a relative term. When you lower standards by accepting abnormal, deviant behavior there is harm. It doesn't have to be harm in the sense you stated.

They don't want to be like anyone else. That you admit they're abnormal contradicts what you say.

No progress has been made.

Harmed is a relative term. When you lower standards by accepting abnormal, deviant behavior there is harm. It doesn't have to be harm in the sense you stated.

There is no harm. That you hate it does not constitute harm. That people are grossed out by same gender sex acts does not constitute harm.

You are right that they don't want to be like anyone else. Why you think that is so horrible is beyond me.

I have not admitted they are abnormal. "Normal" and "abnormal" are irrelevant. They are people. They have lives, loves, and dreams. Allowing them to marry, keep their job, not be harassed ect ect is progress.

Forum List

Back