🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama denies videotaped "you can keep it" promises

Radical right wingers - like you - have attacked Obama since his nomination and before he took office. That makes you anti-democratic and a defiler of our Constitution.

How so? Is there a provision in the Constitution which prohibits criticism of Obama? Did that rule apply to leftwingers who attacked Bush?

Calling him, or anyone a liar, means you believe he made false statements with a deliberate intent to deceive.

Dept of Health and Human Services had warned the administration that between 40-65% of all individual plans would not be grandfathered because of the rules which prevent any changes to policies for the grandfathering to be implicated. So either he was lying or he ignored the information provided by his own department.

If the posts I read on this message board are an indication of the intelligence of the American People one must conclude that dull normal is the norm.

LOL, "one former senior administration official said"? That's proof? Maybe for someone dull normal or below. If from an editorial in the WSJ it has the veracity of a Fox News "Breaking News" story.

Reminds me of what passes for news at Fox. "Some people are saying."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYA9ufivbDw]Outfoxed: Fox News technique: "some people say" - YouTube[/ame]

Yet you believe 'news' organizations such as Huffo Puffo, Salon, BSNBC, and the like??

Hello pot.. kettle is calling

Hell, I gave them an article from NBC......parent company of MSNBC. You'd think they'd accept it as blindly as they do all the other BS from the MSM.

Exact quote: "If you like your healthcare plan, you'll be able to keep your healthcare plan. Period. No one will take it away."

Here is another one from this year: "So the first thing you need to know is this: If you already have health care, you don’t have to do anything."

The issue ad writes itself. All they have to do is play Obama being Obama.

He's nailed to the wall on this one.

Last edited:
Did Obama have the right to speak for the insurance companies at the time he made those statements? Obama could very well speak for government's laws, but to make policy for private companies doesn't cut it. Perhaps the law now passed time has a clause time that insurance companies can not make certain changes, but before the law was passed insurance companies could make changes unless prohibited by state governments.

Did Obama have the right to speak for the insurance companies at the time he made those statements? Obama could very well speak for government's laws, but to make policy for private companies doesn't cut it. Perhaps the law now passed time has a clause time that insurance companies can not make certain changes, but before the law was passed insurance companies could make changes unless prohibited by state governments.

The reason the insurance companies are cancelling policies is because the law says they do not meet the governments regulatory standards. The insurance companies have no choice but to close them because the goverment says they are no longer legal. This is Obama's signature law. He said that if you liked your insurnace, you could keep it. If you liked your doctor, you could keep them. Nothing would change. Period. Yet his signature law did the exact opposite. He was told long ago that this would happen and he ignored it and lied to get it passed. Those are facts supported by evidence already given in this thread. Liberal can deny them just like Obama does, but the evidence says otherwise. He needs to own it instead of blame other people. It's what leaders do.

Nancy Pelsoi tried the same thing with the whole "We need to pass it to find out what is in it".

Liberals and left wingnuts have defended Obama beyond anything you could possibly defend him for. I'm sure that even in light of this, they will continue to defend him and call anyone who disagrees a...................raaaaacccciiiisssssttttt.

The Daily Caller provides video of Obama making the "if you like your insurance" claim 29 times contrasted with his denial.

Obama is indeed the liar in chief. Sad.

Liberals, how do you spin this?

Obama denies videotaped "you can keep it" promises | The Daily Caller

Radical right wingers - like you - have attacked Obama since his nomination and before he took office. That makes you anti-democratic and a defiler of our Constitution. Calling him, or anyone a liar, means you believe he made false statements with a deliberate intent to deceive.

You have no way of knowing this to be true, in fact it is not inconceivable that he did not consider health insurers would cancel policies as they have; in fact your thread is nothing more than a parroting of right wing propaganda sans any independent thought. Something you are known for.

Obama has insulted us since before he took office. We have known how dishonest he was since before he took office.

Now that the scale of his dishonesty is being exposed -- well, his dishonesty or his ignorance, whichever view of him you prefer -- now that he is being exposed for what the more objective of us observed to be true from the beginning .... your excuse for his dishonesty or incompetence is that we pegged him from the start?

If Democrats had been honest, and had exercised practical judgement about the ramifications of the legislation they wanted to advance, then they wouldn't have overreached. They would have come up with a less ambitious plan which targeted certain glaring needs, and they would deserve credit for the good they did.

Instead they pushed legislation they had to lie to pass, and lie to defend, and postpone the implementation of until after the voters could do anything about it. And now they deserve the "credit" for that.

Liberals and left wingnuts have defended Obama beyond anything you could possibly defend him for. I'm sure that even in light of this, they will continue to defend him and call anyone who disagrees a...................raaaaacccciiiisssssttttt.

The Daily Caller provides video of Obama making the "if you like your insurance" claim 29 times contrasted with his denial.

Maybe he lies ...dunno...
But then the correct statement should be: Obama also lies.

I'm still waiting for the inmates around here to acknowledge that Sarah Palin lied when she said Obamacare was going to deny health care to kids with Down Syndrome.

You ought to have at least have an ounce of integrity to justify your sanctimony.

At least.

Did wshe say such a thing?? Who knows, who cares... it is not like she is a leader in government right now.. and not like most people pay attention to or listen to Palin

But we do know our current 'leadership' is chronically lying

That's a very important point. Someone like Palin has no impact on my life. When it's the president repeatedly lying, that impacts us all.

So you won't acknowledge she lied. That was the point I was proving.

Exact quote: "If you like your healthcare plan, you'll be able to keep your healthcare plan. Period. No one will take it away."

Here is another one from this year: "So the first thing you need to know is this: If you already have health care, you don’t have to do anything."

The issue ad writes itself. All they have to do is play Obama being Obama.

He's nailed to the wall on this one.

Only if enough people are harmed by Obamacare, which isn't going to happen. If Iraq war 2 had gone like Iraq war 1,

no one would have noticed that Bush lied about the WMD's.

Radical right wingers - like you - have attacked Obama since his nomination and before he took office. That makes you anti-democratic and a defiler of our Constitution. Calling him, or anyone a liar, means you believe he made false statements with a deliberate intent to deceive.

You have no way of knowing this to be true, in fact it is not inconceivable that he did not consider health insurers would cancel policies as they have; in fact your thread is nothing more than a parroting of right wing propaganda sans any independent thought. Something you are known for.

Do you want to bet on whether I can reduce you to choosing between Obama is a liar or a fool? And the only way you will be able to call him a fool is to lie to yourself?

Beating the rightwing at its own game has a certain elegant justice about it.

Lying has always been the province of the Left. It goes farther back than Wilson who was a liar of monumental proportions. He ran for office promising he wouldn't get the USA involved in WW I no matter what.

I'm still waiting for the inmates around here to acknowledge that Sarah Palin lied when she said Obamacare was going to deny health care to kids with Down Syndrome.

You ought to have at least have an ounce of integrity to justify your sanctimony.

At least.

Right after you admit she didn't say it.

Wait, you admitting you lied would eliminate me having to admit she lied, wouldn't it? Alternatively, you could provide an actual link to her saying that and force me to admit I am wrong.

And yet you lack the brains to provide evidence that The President lied intentionally to mislead. Likely you're one of the idiots who bought crap insurance and will be happy with it as long as you don't need it.

How stupid do you think the American people are?

From the Wall Street Journal:

"One former senior administration official said that as the law was being crafted by the White House and lawmakers, some White House policy advisers objected to the breadth of Mr. Obama’s “keep your plan” promise. They were overruled by political aides, the former official said."

Aides Debated Obama Health-Care Coverage Promise - WSJ.com

It was a lie, plain and simple, but thanks for revealing that you progressive extremists will back lies when it is 'your guy' in office.

Wry is probably going to claim no one told him, and expect us to believe that a guy that graduated magna cum laude is actually a blithering idiot that never knows what is happening until he sees it on the news.

The problem with that is that Obama is now saying he didn't say "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan." In other words, even if I thought with my cock I would be forced to conclude that Obama knows the truth, and is lying.

At least.

If you can show that she made that claim while knowing it was not true, then you have something.

Gladly.

"And who will suffer the most when they ration care? The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."

Not one rightwing nut on this board has ever acknowledged she was lying.

So stop making us laugh with your comical sanctimonious demands that everyone sign the 'Obama lied!!' proclamation.

PolitiFact | Sarah Palin falsely claims Barack Obama runs a 'death panel'

She didn't actually say what you said she said.\?

What a surprise.

How is this a politics thread? Sounds more like a call to flames.

Just because it gives you that butt hurt feeling and burns your ass, doesn't mean it needs to be in the flame zone.

No, he spoke for the government that wrote the regulations in such a way as to deliberately make the entire concept of grandfathered health insurance absurd. They estimated that up to 70% of all plans would lose their grandfathered status by this year.

Forum List

Back