Obama Ditches Thatcher Funeral

Poland? Czechoslovakia? Greek royalty?

More "formers" than one finds at second tier charity events?

Maybe Obama and the leaders of important nations have a tee time that morning?

Oh the snub is duly noted. The President has hit a new level of low class politician. And not for not attending himself. Obama did inform them early on he'd be too busy.

But to not send any current member of his administration is beyond bad manners.

Here's more of a list.

2,000 plus will be in attendance.

ROYALS AND POLITICAL ROYALTY

Queen Elizabeth II and her husband, Prince Philip

King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie of Greece

Former U.S. Vice-President Dick Cheney

Former U.S. presidential candidate Ross Perot

Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger

U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron

Former U.K. Prime Ministers Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and John Major

WORLD DIGNITARIES AND PUBLIC FIGURES

German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle

F.W. de Klerk, the last apartheid-era South African president

U.S. presidential delegation, led by former secretaries of state George Shultz and James Baker

Three-member delegation from U.S. House of Representatives, comprised of Republican Reps. Marsha Blackburn, Michele Bachmann and George Holding

Former U.S. politician Newt Gingrich

Poland's Lech Walesa and Prime Minister Donald Tusk

Greek Foreign Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney

Czech Republic's Prime Minister Petr Necas and former President Vaclav Klaus

Former Australian Prime Minister John Howard and his wife, Janette

Former Prime Minister Mahathir of Malaysia

London Olympics chief Seb Coe

CELEBRITIES

"Dynasty" star Joan Collins

Singer Shirley Bassey

Designer Anya Hindmarch

Actor and singer Michael Crawford

"Top Gear" TV personality Jeremy Clarkson

Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber

Best-selling novelist Jeffrey Archer

Internet pioneer Tim Berners-Lee

Advertising magnate Maurice Saatchi

Classical singer Katherine Jenkins

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

Michael Jackson had more names at his funeral. Of course his reputation was better, but still...

He was in Paris..

Seriously.

President George W. Bush was in Paris when Reagan died and acknowledged the death in a press conference.[6] President Bush said this on June 5, 2004:

“

This is a sad hour in the life of America. A great American life has come to an end. I have just spoken to Nancy Reagan. On behalf of our whole nation, Laura and I offered her and the Reagan family our prayers and our condolences.
Ronald Reagan won America's respect with his greatness, and won its love with his goodness. He had the confidence that comes with conviction, the strength that comes with character, the grace that comes with humility, and the humor that comes with wisdom. He leaves behind a nation he restored and a world he helped save.

During the years of President Reagan, America laid to rest an era of division and self-doubt. And because of his leadership, the world laid to rest an era of fear and tyranny. Now, in laying our leader to rest, we say thank you. He always told us that for America, the best was yet to come. We comfort ourselves in the knowledge that this is true for him, too. His work is done, and now a shining city awaits him. May God bless Ronald Reagan.[7]

Death and state funeral of Ronald Reagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny..I don't remember conservatives going crazy over that one.

:eusa_shhh:

He was in Paris..

Seriously.

President George W. Bush was in Paris when Reagan died and acknowledged the death in a press conference.[6] President Bush said this on June 5, 2004:

“

This is a sad hour in the life of America. A great American life has come to an end. I have just spoken to Nancy Reagan. On behalf of our whole nation, Laura and I offered her and the Reagan family our prayers and our condolences.
Ronald Reagan won America's respect with his greatness, and won its love with his goodness. He had the confidence that comes with conviction, the strength that comes with character, the grace that comes with humility, and the humor that comes with wisdom. He leaves behind a nation he restored and a world he helped save.

During the years of President Reagan, America laid to rest an era of division and self-doubt. And because of his leadership, the world laid to rest an era of fear and tyranny. Now, in laying our leader to rest, we say thank you. He always told us that for America, the best was yet to come. We comfort ourselves in the knowledge that this is true for him, too. His work is done, and now a shining city awaits him. May God bless Ronald Reagan.[7]

i dont remember anyone going crazy over that.....i do remember we at the PO got a day off with pay....:eusa_angel:

Well yabut, GeeDub isn't a real American. He's a commie pinko fascist imperialist yadda yadda.

As for Thatcher's send off, we can all relax.

Dick (has a pulse now) Cheney is going.

He was in Paris..

Seriously.

“

Opps..my bad.

He attended.

:oops:

Dignitaries

About 4,000 people gathered at the cathedral for the service, including President and Mrs. Bush, former president George H. W. and Barbara Bush, Gerald and Betty Ford, Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, and Bill and Hillary Clinton. Members of Congress and past and present governors were also present

He was in Paris..

Seriously.

“

You seriously don't get it. If I though you would I would explan it. It would just be a waste of energy.

Maybe the WH advisers feel that since he would not have an opportunity to give a speech to further his agenda what would be the point.

He was in Paris..

Seriously.

“

Opps..my bad.

He attended.

:oops:

Dignitaries

About 4,000 people gathered at the cathedral for the service, including President and Mrs. Bush, former president George H. W. and Barbara Bush, Gerald and Betty Ford, Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, and Bill and Hillary Clinton. Members of Congress and past and present governors were also present

He never missed a chance to

(a) take a tax-funded vacation

(b) make an ass of himself in a foreign country.

Stands to reason, he'd be there.

Poor rw's can't face the FACT that Obama will never catch up to George's vacation spending. Doesn't stop them from lying about it but their lies don't change the facts.

He was in Paris..

Seriously.

“

You seriously don't get it. If I though you would I would explan it. It would just be a waste of energy.

Another one failing the cognitive test.

Read the thread.

I was wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXAU4MmMIMo]Social Distortion - I Was Wrong - YouTube[/ame]

That's OK. Bush did spend almost 1000 days between Camp David and Crawford. That's 3 years of vacation during both terms. You know he would have skipped Reagan's funeral if he could have.

Forum List

Back