Obama Ditches Thatcher Funeral

Not the point. Nobody from the current administration is attending. Send the freaking secretary of sweet and tasty candies for God Sakes, we don't need him/her/it until next Valentines day!

WHAT don't you understand about the FACT Margaret Thatcher's funeral is not an official state occasion? Anyone attending would be representing themselves and not the nation.

Actually, it is a state occasion given that The Queen is attending.

WRONG...

The official line from Buckingham Palace and Downing Street is that Margaret Thatcher is not being granted a state funeral.

BBC: Lady Thatcher will not have a state funeral but will be accorded the same status as Princess Diana and the Queen Mother.

If Obama attended Thatcher's funeral, all the whackadoos who are now bitching about him not attending would instead complain about his hotel bill while he stayed there. This is a rock solid guarantee.

After all, when Biden went to Europe to meet with our allies to address the financial crisis in Europe and the Iranian and North Korean threats, what substantive things did the whackadoos have to say about that?

This: Joe Biden charges taxpayers $585,000 for one night in Paris hotel.

So, basically, the whackadoos need to just STFU.

British people and their press didn't even like that ****, but leave it to retarded Americans to bitch about their president not going to the ****'s funeral.

Iron Lady: Rust in Peace.

If they hated her so, how was Lady Thatcher and her Conservative Party so many times?

Fool. She served from 1979 to 1990.

You deserved your neg.

WHAT don't you understand about the FACT Margaret Thatcher's funeral is not an official state occasion? Anyone attending would be representing themselves and not the nation.

WRONG...

The official line from Buckingham Palace and Downing Street is that Margaret Thatcher is not being granted a state funeral.

BBC: Lady Thatcher will not have a state funeral but will be accorded the same status as Princess Diana and the Queen Mother.

I put this up in your thread.

The guest list included all 32 members of the current British Cabinet and 30 former members of Lady Thatcher's Cabinets from her premiership from 1979 to 1990.

The presence of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh effectively elevated the occasion to a state funeral.

International guests included 11 serving Prime Ministers from across the globe and 17 serving Foreign Ministers. In total 170 countries were represented.

Margaret Thatcher's funeral: Tearful Osborne's tweet after he was unable to control his tears during emotional funeral service at St Paul's | Mail Online

If Obama attended Thatcher's funeral, all the whackadoos who are now bitching about him not attending would instead complain about his hotel bill while he stayed there. This is a rock solid guarantee.

After all, when Biden went to Europe to meet with our allies to address the financial crisis in Europe and the Iranian and North Korean threats, what substantive things did the whackadoos have to say about that?

:lol:

No we don't. That criticism of Biden's expenditures in Paris and London was valid.

And this criticism of Obama not sending even one representative from his Administration is valid.

Highly undiplomatic;lacking decorum and basically tacky tacky tacky.

Last edited:

WRONG...

I put this up in your thread.

The guest list included all 32 members of the current British Cabinet and 30 former members of Lady Thatcher's Cabinets from her premiership from 1979 to 1990.

The presence of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh effectively elevated the occasion to a state funeral.

International guests included 11 serving Prime Ministers from across the globe and 17 serving Foreign Ministers. In total 170 countries were represented.

Margaret Thatcher's funeral: Tearful Osborne's tweet after he was unable to control his tears during emotional funeral service at St Paul's | Mail Online

I get a kick out of this, they seem to be saying that we could not have sent anyone except POTUS, BUT, sending two former administration officials is OK.

Wait, if we can't send a current administration official, how the hell would former administration officials sent by POTUS get in?

Very strange reasoning.

I don't care if obama attended, I do think he should have sent someone, cabinet level would have been fine.

I don't care if obama attended, I do think he should have sent someone, cabinet level would have been fine.

I think Napalitano is about that tall

:eusa_whistle:

:lmao:
i kill me

i kill me

Rim_Shot_emoticon.gif

i kill me

In heals

That seems a minimal expense for such an historical leader, not just for Great Briton but for Women. Don't forget, she didn't simply run a country, she illustrated to Women all over the world that they could too.

Priceless

Are you a sexist?
So you're saying her only good point was that she was a woman? I think it's pretty cool that a woman would get elected to that position but her gender doesn't excuse her lack of accomplishment as leader and her pretense to being a small government conservative makes the cost of this funeral blatant hypocrisy.

her lack of accomplishment, and as a leader? :lol: my word, you're actually pretty dumb, seriously, that was dumb....
Feel free to tell me what she accomplished as a leader, condom.

British people and their press didn't even like that ****, but leave it to retarded Americans to bitch about their president not going to the ****'s funeral.

You are a disgusting idiot.

When you play the C-Card, you reveal the bankruptcy of both your morals and your intellect.

It's true, though. .

What's true is that you are a no-class, low-life douchebag. Your political feelings aren't that important - really.

Was President Bush invited? Were they small private funerals?

You see for Thatcher's funeral Obama's administration had been invited. It's harder to get an invite to Baroness Thatcher's funeral than it is to get one to a royal wedding once source joked.

Lady Thatcher's funeral is invitation only. It's reached the level of a state funeral. Matching Churchill's.

Were Heath's and Callaghan's private and not state? Because there is a world of difference.

Lady Thatcher, that great "small government" "conservative" was made part of the totalitarian upper class and is now having a state funeral costing the taxpayers millions of dollars. Her funeral is only for the "big people" by special invitation even though the "little people" are paying for it.

You can't do irony this well in fiction.

part of the what? :rolleyes:

so a groundbreaking former prime minister is not worthy of a state funeral, because she believed in free markets etc.....:lol:

did you bitch about that when Diana was given all the pomp etc.?

diana-princess-of-wales-funeral-diana-01QMvs.jpg

I don't remember Diana being a small government conservative, condom.

Of course they do, but you live in a dream world if you think that's going to happen.

Lady Thatcher, that great "small government" "conservative" was made part of the totalitarian upper class and is now having a state funeral costing the taxpayers millions of dollars. Her funeral is only for the "big people" by special invitation even though the "little people" are paying for it.

You can't do irony this well in fiction.

so a groundbreaking former prime minister is not worthy of a state funeral, because she believed in free markets etc.....:lol:

what difference does it make? she certainly had no accomplishments at all compared to Thatcher, yet she was given the full monty.......

so to be clear no gov. leader etc. deserves a state or elaborate funeral if they didn't sppt. big government? :lol: your hat on to tight?

So you're saying her only good point was that she was a woman? I think it's pretty cool that a woman would get elected to that position but her gender doesn't excuse her lack of accomplishment as leader and her pretense to being a small government conservative makes the cost of this funeral blatant hypocrisy.

her lack of accomplishment, and as a leader? :lol: my word, you're actually pretty dumb, seriously, that was dumb....
Feel free to tell me what she accomplished as a leader, condom.

I thought so......:rolleyes:

When you play the C-Card, you reveal the bankruptcy of both your morals and your intellect.

It's true, though.

She couldn't have given a shit about regular people. That makes her a ****.

George W. Bush didn't care about regular people also. He's a fucking dick.

May you burn in hell for not putting regular people first.

Could you possibly be more stupid?

Thatcher was "regular" people. You'd know that if you knew anything about her background.

trajan is a condom?

tell me ravi....where can one purchase this condom or are you too embarrassed to give away your back alley sources?

It's true, though.

She couldn't have given a shit about regular people. That makes her a ****.

George W. Bush didn't care about regular people also. He's a fucking dick.

May you burn in hell for not putting regular people first.

Could you possibly be more stupid?

Thatcher was "regular" people. You'd know that if you knew anything about her background.

He doesn't want his ignorance disturbed. His only point in posting here is to emote and beg for attention.

what difference does it make? she certainly had no accomplishments at all compared to Thatcher, yet she was given the full monty.......

so to be clear no gov. leader etc. deserves a state or elaborate funeral if they didn't sppt. big government? :lol: your hat on to tight?

Try to keep up. If you live your life saying the taxpayers shouldn't be on the hook (like Thatcher) then you shouldn't approve of millions being spent out of the taxpayer fund for your funeral.

Forum List

Back