Obama Ditches Thatcher Funeral

Hated so was she? Really? Oh I forgot all the libs on this board get their data from Huffpo and MSNBC.

Strictly speaking, their names weren’t on the guest list. There were no celebrated faces among them, and certainly no dignitaries or royalty.

But yesterday, in a swathe that stretched nearly three miles through London, the ordinary people of Middle England turned out in their tens of thousands for Margaret Hilda Thatcher.

article-2310745-1956AF13000005DC-393_634x515.jpg

Tens of thousands lined the route.

article-2310745-19564A80000005DC-870_634x413.jpg

One middle-aged woman held up a placard. ‘Thank you Mrs Thatcher’ was all it said.

Indeed, by 10am there was hardly a square foot remaining on which to stand, nor a single piece of street furniture to climb on.

They were seven to ten deep in places and shoulder to shoulder as far as you could see. Others opted for a view from the top of office blocks.

article-2310745-19581F21000005DC-317_634x532.jpg

One group of veteran paratroopers who fought in the Falklands stood to attention and saluted.

Former lance corporal Mark Bonar Jones, 51, recalled those who lost their lives in 1982 and told me: ‘She put the Great back in Great Britain at a time when it was desperately needed.’

Beside him Captain Bob Darby, 63, said of the protesters: ‘They have a right to protest. That’s democracy … and that was the reason we went to war when the islands were taken over by a fascist regime.

‘If it wasn’t for Margaret Thatcher, they’d all be living under a different government now.’

Margaret Thatcher: The ordinary people of Middle England who turned out for the former Prime Minister's funeral | Mail Online
Oh, are we posting photos? Is this supposed to prove something?

Margaret-Thatcher-funeral-010.jpg
As opposed to the clip you posted of a "Thatcher's dead" party with some scuzzy people who looked like they just learned to walk erect?!

You're a bit of a light-weight there kid.

Just as there were the low class scum who "celebrated" when President Ronald Reagan died, there were those in Great Briton who did the same when Prime Minister Thatcher died.

The things they had in common with each other...

1 - They were still free to show how classless they can be without fear of reprisal or arrest.

2 - They are the Extreme Left.

3 - They are the ones who always accuse Conservatives of being heartless and cruel.. But what do you call a person who throws a party when a person dies that they politically disagreed with?

You can tell reading this thread which USMB posters would have supported the British side in the Revolutionary War.

Just as there were the low class scum who "celebrated" when President Ronald Reagan died, there were those in Great Briton who did the same when Prime Minister Thatcher died.

1 - They were still free to show how classless they can be without fear of reprisal or arrest.

3 - They are the ones who always accuse Conservatives of being heartless and cruel.. But what do you call a person who throws a party when a person dies that they politically disagreed with?

I don't know, I've had people here wish all sorts of bad things on me because they disagree with them.

Thatcher (and Reagan's) Policies screwed up a lot of people's lives.

"While I've never wished a person dead, there are some obituaries I've read with satisfaction"- Clarance Darrow.

You can tell reading this thread which USMB posters would have supported the British side in the Revolutionary War.

Yes, it was America's Great Mistake. The hero, Benedict Arnold, tried to stop the colonies from leaving the British Empire but, alas, failed.

Yes, they saved us from being Canadians, so there's that. :eusa_whistle:

On a serious note, what would have happened had the Revolution had failed?

Slavery would have been abolished when the entire empire abolished it in 1835, without a civil war.

Mexico probably would have retained the West. So the "Dominion of America" and "Mexico" would be more equal.

Mormonism would have never developed. This would have been a positive development.

Now, I think America is great, not because of what the Founding Slave Owners did, (Guys who couldn't give up their slaves after saying "All Men are Created Equal") but all the things that have happened since to expand Liberty.

America doesn't become America until Lincoln, the greatest of American presidents.

Why does her funeral deserve a high ranking administration official?

Is the Left supposed to drink the kool-aid and play along with your delusions of her greatness?

She was a polarizing PM who was hated by half of her own country. She did nothing that benefited the United States. She did restore some British pride amongst the half who loved her. Jolly good for her!

I'll ask this again. How often do your kids practice nuclear bomb drills in school now?

Wait, no one wants to answer that, so I will.

Never

Thank you Mr. Reagan and Lady Thatcher, my life is better now because you two understood this important issue.

That IS why we should have sent a high ranking official to her funeral

They changed the world.
:lol:

What flavor is your Kool-Aid?

More to the point, what flavor is yours?

Asked why I thought it important we send current administration officials to Thatchers funeral, I answered. Your response was knee jerk, tow the party line. Defend the indefensible

Do your kids practice nuclear bomb drills at school anymore?

Growing up 20 miles from a primary Soviet target, we DID often.

Thank God the children in that small town no longer have that fear and yes, that's enough reason to send high ranking officials to the funeral of one of the people responsible.

I don't know, I've had people here wish all sorts of bad things on me because they disagree with them.

"While I've never wished a person dead, there are some obituaries I've read with satisfaction"- Clarance Darrow.

the only lives they screwed up were the Russians who wanted to blow us up with nukes. Reagan and Thatched brought down the soviet union and the world is a better place because of them. Rest in Peace both

the only lives they screwed up were the Russians who wanted to blow us up with nukes. Reagan and Thatched brought down the soviet union and the world is a better place because of them. Rest in Peace both

Actually, the truth is the other way around. There were voices high up in the military (Joint Chiefs) who in the early 1960's firmly believed the U.S. should unleash a pre-emptive nuclear broadside against Russia while America still enjoyed massive arms superiority.

Read more: Warrior For Peace - The Lessons of J.F.K. - TIME

Actually, the truth is the other way around. There were voices high up in the military (Joint Chiefs) who in the early 1960's firmly believed the U.S. should unleash a pre-emptive nuclear broadside against Russia while America still enjoyed massive arms superiority.

Revisiionist history. I lived through those times. What I said is correct.

But I get it, demonizing the USA is the stock and trade of those of you on the left. We are evil and the rest of the world are all saints :cuckoo:

Revisiionist history. I lived through those times. What I said is correct.

But I get it, demonizing the USA is the stock and trade of those of you on the left. We are evil and the rest of the world are all saints :cuckoo:

Well, I lived through those time too. You are wrong. And if you want to challenge me, you need to bring something more than your emotional outbursts. Educate yourself on the U-2 incident on May 1st (May Day) 1960, and how the CIA sabotaged Eisenhower's Crusade for Peace meeting with Khrushchev planned for Paris on May 16, regarding implementation of a genuine halt to the arms race.

What do you think prompted Ike to issue a dire warning about the military/industrial complex in his farewell speech?

Educate yourself on how the CIA lied to President Kennedy about the Bay of Pigs invasion and tried to bait him into war with the Soviet Union. We now know from the CIA's internal history of the Bay of Pigs, which was declassified in 2005 that Dulles and Bissell knew before the invasion that the Cuban exiles had ZERO chance of success. But Allen Dulles and Richard Bissell, the top CIA officials, never disclosed this to J.F.K. They clearly thought the young President would cave in the heat of battle, that he would be forced to send in the Marines and Air Force to rescue the beleaguered exiles brigade after it was pinned down on the beaches by Castro's forces. But Kennedy had warned agency officials that he would not fully intervene. As the invasion quickly bogged down at the swampy landing site, J.F.K. stunned Dulles and Bissell by standing his ground and refusing to escalate the assault.

Why do you thing JFK threatened to '"shatter the agency into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds"? JFK never followed through on this threat, but he did fire Dulles, despite his stature as a legendary spymaster, as well as Bissell.

You're up, you already have a swing and a miss...three strike you're OUT!

IOW, Lakhota thinks other people being tacky is an excuse for The President of the United States to be tacky.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Why does her funeral deserve a high ranking administration official?

Is the Left supposed to drink the kool-aid and play along with your delusions of her greatness?

She was a polarizing PM who was hated by half of her own country. She did nothing that benefited the United States. She did restore some British pride amongst the half who loved her. Jolly good for her!

Prime Minister Thatcher won 3 consecutive terms. From 1979 to 1990 she was Prime Minister.

The first woman Prime Minister of Britain.
She was and is very popular. Only among the far left whackos is she is despised.

And whether you like this Prime Minister or not is not the issue.

America is allied with Britain. Don't you understand that?

Has been for eons. It was disrespectful not to honor that relationship by sending some one with stature within the current Obama administration.

What the hell does that have to do with us?

Hated so was she? Really? Oh I forgot all the libs on this board get their data from Huffpo and MSNBC.

Strictly speaking, their names weren’t on the guest list. There were no celebrated faces among them, and certainly no dignitaries or royalty.

But yesterday, in a swathe that stretched nearly three miles through London, the ordinary people of Middle England turned out in their tens of thousands for Margaret Hilda Thatcher.

One middle-aged woman held up a placard. ‘Thank you Mrs Thatcher’ was all it said.

Indeed, by 10am there was hardly a square foot remaining on which to stand, nor a single piece of street furniture to climb on.

They were seven to ten deep in places and shoulder to shoulder as far as you could see. Others opted for a view from the top of office blocks.

One group of veteran paratroopers who fought in the Falklands stood to attention and saluted.

Former lance corporal Mark Bonar Jones, 51, recalled those who lost their lives in 1982 and told me: ‘She put the Great back in Great Britain at a time when it was desperately needed.’

Beside him Captain Bob Darby, 63, said of the protesters: ‘They have a right to protest. That’s democracy … and that was the reason we went to war when the islands were taken over by a fascist regime.

‘If it wasn’t for Margaret Thatcher, they’d all be living under a different government now.’

Margaret Thatcher: The ordinary people of Middle England who turned out for the former Prime Minister's funeral | Mail Online

By all means there's a toxic minority. We know some hate her. But just as many or more loved her.

I was countering the point that many liberals have been making repeatedly that she was only hated.
NOBODY has said that she was only hated. Nobody.

This is typical of the far Right. They can only lie to make their points.

As opposed to the clip you posted of a "Thatcher's dead" party with some scuzzy people who looked like they just learned to walk erect?!

You're a bit of a light-weight there kid.

Was it a Thatcher Death Party or wasn't it?

Yes, it was.

Andrew Breitbart.

Breitbart publicly celebrated Ted Kennedy?s... ? Quick Hits Headlines

Andrew Breitbart's ironic end: The disrespect of Ted Kennedy - Orlando liberal | Examiner.com

Breitbart publicly celebrated Ted Kennedy’s death.
I’m just going to go ahead and leave this here…
ThinkProgress:

Early this morning, news broke that Sen. Ted Kennedy had passed away after serving in the U.S. Senate for nearly 50 years. Soon after, conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart began a sustained assault on Kennedy’s memory, tweeting “Rest in Chappaquiddick

Over the course of the next three hours, Breitbart unapologetically attacked Kennedy, calling him a “villain,” “a big ass motherf@#$er,” a “duplicitous bastard” and a “prick.” “I’ll shut my mouth for Carter. That’s just politics. Kennedy was a special pile of human excrement,” wrote Breitbart in one tweet.
Of course, as in all things, it’s only OK when conservatives do it.

I'll ask this again. How often do your kids practice nuclear bomb drills in school now?

Wait, no one wants to answer that, so I will.

Never

Thank you Mr. Reagan and Lady Thatcher, my life is better now because you two understood this important issue.

That IS why we should have sent a high ranking official to her funeral

They changed the world.

Asked why I thought it important we send current administration officials to Thatchers funeral, I answered. Your response was knee jerk, tow the party line. Defend the indefensible

Thank God the children in that small town no longer have that fear and yes, that's enough reason to send high ranking officials to the funeral of one of the people responsible.

I'm guessing raspberry.

I'm guessing raspberry.

A raspberry to someone who made school children safer.

Laughing my ass off.

Forum List

Back