Obama Ditches Thatcher Funeral

Has every Obama is God liberal on this board lost their mind entirely?

Obama looks like a bloody fool and low class for not sending one representative from his current administration.

Shame.

The Queen and leaders from all over the world are attending and Obama can't send even the Secretary of State?

Agreed. He should have sent someone from this administration, but even if he had, do you honestly think it would have stopped the screeching from the right? No matter who it was? Look around at the vitriol that is being spewed because the guy didn't say yesterday's attack was a "terrorist attack."

Yep. And who cares, really? It's not as if Thatcher accomplished anything important. Just another blow hard rightwing nutter.

many British people may argue with you on that ......
What did she accomplish?

it doesn't matter what we think Ravi.....look at how many people here still think Bush was a great President.....i am willing to bet thousands will line the streets at her funeral....

Let's take a moment to think about this. Back up the time machine to 2001. Many Americans were disgruntled about the election because of the questionable results in Florida - right or wrong, it doesn't matter - they were still upset and were certainly unsure about this new President. But eight months laters, when we were attacked, those same people who were so angry just a few months earlier, put aside those differences and stood behind their President giving him an 85% approval rating.

Fast forward to April 15, 2013...where's the same graciousness from the right when its a president THEY don't like? And yet you want to blame Obama for your behavior? Take some responsibility for your own actions and quit blaming others. I thought that's what liberals were supposed to do. And here you are engaging in the same behavior you claim to abhor.

Obama has spent the past four and a half years dividing this country, pitting right against left and left against right; referred to Republicans as the enemy; ran a 'blame Bush' meme for years, etc. Kind of hard to get behind him when he clearly holds so much disdain for so many. What ever happened to him being a uniter? :dunno:
you have to be a leader to unite.....we haven't had one yet this Century....

Yeah the GOP's "my way or we'll hold our breath til we turn purple" approach bears absolutely no responsibility for the divides we have in our country .....

I'll bet that was Obama on the grassy knoll too, huh?

YES - Obama should have sent someone who currently represents the U.S. but please ....

Just think, if mittens had won, he could go.

twit.jpg

The issue is not whether or not Obama was going to attend. He was never going to. The snub is that he won't send anyone from the current administration.

What a disgrace!

White House snub to Thatcher: Obama won't send envoy to funeral - and leaves it to her old allies from the Reagan era

President Obama will not send a member of his administration to the funeral
Instead, Reagan's former Secretary of State George Shultz, a key ally of Baroness Thatcher, will attend
Leaders from all over the world will be in attendance at the large-scale commemoration on Wednesday

Margaret Thatcher funeral: President Obama won't send envoy - and leaves it to her old allies from Reagan era | Mail Online

Looks like Thatcher was divisive

What the hell does that have to do with a State Funeral?

And btw Baroness Thatcher had the class to invite her former political enemies; and many are attending.

Because they have class.

It would have cost $200 million a day plus $5 million for the Hotel bill. We couldn't afford it

The issue is not whether or not Obama was going to attend. He was never going to. The snub is that he won't send anyone from the current administration.

What a disgrace!

White House snub to Thatcher: Obama won't send envoy to funeral - and leaves it to her old allies from the Reagan era

President Obama will not send a member of his administration to the funeral
Instead, Reagan's former Secretary of State George Shultz, a key ally of Baroness Thatcher, will attend
Leaders from all over the world will be in attendance at the large-scale commemoration on Wednesday

Margaret Thatcher funeral: President Obama won't send envoy - and leaves it to her old allies from Reagan era | Mail Online

Any non commie is divisive to people like you.

And btw Baroness Thatcher had the class to invite her former political enemies; and many are attending.

Because they have class.

It would have cost $200 million a day plus $5 million for the Hotel bill. We couldn't afford it

When have you guys worried about the deficit and cost? and when have you worried about Obama's travel plans? he takes an expensive vacation every other week and Michelle takes one the other week.

Invited to Margaret Thatcher's funeral: hairdresser, fighter, friend and foe

by: David Leppard and James Gillespie, London
April 15, 2013 12:00AM

From this great article:

Thatcher did not forget her enemies either.

It was the Soviet Union that first called her "the Iron Lady", a nickname that gave her great pleasure as it was used to describe her implacable opposition to communism.

Oleg Gordievsky, a former KGB colonel and a long-term double agent for the British intelligence services, is invited, as is the former Soviet dissident Vladimir Bukovsky.

Mikhail Gorbachev, the last president of the Soviet Union, said that his ill-health would prevent him attending.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

um you guys didnt even invite him to your big party in florida.

No one wants him arround is why he is lying low.

Kinda like the people in the UK not liking thatcher

so how long have you lived in the UK?.....

Joe Twyman: Margaret Thatcher and Public Opinion: It Was the Best of Times; It Was the Worst of Times

there was a thread in here a while back about the Falkland Islands.....a whole bunch of Americans were in the thread saying how the people who live there hate the Brits and how the Brits themselves feel it should be given to Argentina ........Colin who is from Britain and fought in that war and i believe it was Swagger another brit.....said that these posters were full of shit and showed a bunch of stuff showing how the people who live there want the British to govern them not Argentina and that the Brits themselves don't want to give it back to Argentina......the thread ended right there.....opinion pieces are just that.....

Because they have class.

When have you guys worried about the deficit and cost? and when have you worried about Obama's travel plans? he takes an expensive vacation every other week and Michelle takes one the other week.

Gawd. I'm gone a couple of weeks and come back to same old lies.

Why can't the right ever just tell the truth?

and yet if he would have went.....i bet there would be threads about him going while this attack thing was happening.....just sayin....

Yep. And who cares, really? It's not as if Thatcher accomplished anything important. Just another blow hard rightwing nutter.

No, it's not like she was a staunch supporter, and friend and ally of the United States. :cuckoo: You Liberal loons are despicable, and now you can add tacky and adolescent to your questionable moral standings.

Because they have class.

:lol:

I just thought of a new talking point for liberals.

"It's the Republicans fault. The sequester means I can't afford to send anyone."

:lmao: OR

"Sorries. We're too busy planning the next million dollar bash at the White House"

Gawd. I'm gone a couple of weeks and come back to same old lies.

Why can't the right ever just tell the truth?
Luddly's back...whooo, I get to kick his ass some more.......which are lies?

Democrats NEVER worry about the deficit, in fact do we have a budget passed in the senate yet?

hey all you Obama Haters, maybe he'd have gone if he could. THINK about it. IF he was BORN IN KENYA in 1963, HE'D HAVE BEEN A BRIT. Imagine if that GOT OUT.

Shocker! Obama still ?Kenyan-born? in 2007

HE gets over there, and that comes out, he maybe can't come back here! You want Biden to be potus? You want some fungus on your foot that rots off your toe?

And oh yeah, like that's gonna go over well with QEII. Bad enough that 70% think she and the Archibishop of Queenland Canterbury are creeped out over civil unions. Like they need Obama.

Sheesh, he's doing them a favor staying away.

and yet if he would have went.....i bet there would be threads about him going while this attack thing was happening.....just sayin....

No, it's not like she was a staunch supporter, and friend and ally of the United States. :cuckoo: You Liberal loons are despicable, and now you can add tacky and adolescent to your questionable moral standings.

And, no matter what, the right wingers are ALWAYS against their own country. I've been reading some of the threads here this morning and its the SSDD - rw's despise their country.

You need to read up on Thatcher.

many British people may argue with you on that ......
What did she accomplish?

it doesn't matter what we think Ravi.....look at how many people here still think Bush was a great President.....i am willing to bet thousands will line the streets at her funeral....
I know it doesn't matter, I'd just like to know as I have no idea if she was an effective leader or not. Look at Reagan, hailed as some kind of awesome hero when he was merely in the right place at the right time and still managed to spend a gazillion dollars as a "small government conservative."

Obama has spent the past four and a half years dividing this country, pitting right against left and left against right; referred to Republicans as the enemy; ran a 'blame Bush' meme for years, etc. Kind of hard to get behind him when he clearly holds so much disdain for so many. What ever happened to him being a uniter? :dunno:
you have to be a leader to unite.....we haven't had one yet this Century....

Yeah the GOP's "my way or we'll hold our breath til we turn purple" approach bears absolutely no responsibility for the divides we have in our country .....

I'll bet that was Obama on the grassy knoll too, huh?

YES - Obama should have sent someone who currently represents the U.S. but please ....

no argument there....you are preaching to the wrong person.....

Funniest thing about all this is how much money the small government "conservative" will cost the British tax payers to put in the ground.

Forum List

Back