Obama Fight Against ISIS Is In Shambles

So a great General from one war that was a stalemate, and one war we lost, is telling people how to fight a war?

I can't even find libs who will defend it.
How can a person with Air Force credentials not understand force degradation. It is one of the main missions the Air Force is tasked with?

Yo, Campy, I used to work in the nerve center of the Pentagon....I'm pretty sure I understand this topic MUCH better than you do, hun.

:coffee:

Just try to listen and keep up.

HOw does one attack ISIS in Iraq, Syria and Turkey when we are not allowed occupational combat troops in their nations?

HOw does one attack ISIS in Iraq, Syria and Turkey when we are not allowed occupational combat troops in their nations?

Oh, we have to wait until things get REALLY out of control, and the people start demanding that the United States come in and save them. Like always. Hate us, hate us, hate us, until it's convenient for us to help you out.

pinprick bombins , they were never meant to achieve anything of note !!
Degrading enemy forces before insertion of ground troops is one the keys missions of the Air Force and Navy.
Yowsuh, but who dem ground forces be?
That is up in the air, but who ever does it will be glad there was a degradation before being committed.
That's SOP.But I wish those bomb strikes would be followed up with a visit from the 82d Airborne.

pinprick bombins , they were never meant to achieve anything of note !!
Degrading enemy forces before insertion of ground troops is one the keys missions of the Air Force and Navy.
Yowsuh, but who dem ground forces be?
That is up in the air, but who ever does it will be glad there was a degradation before being committed.
That's SOP.But I wish those bomb strikes would be followed up with a visit from the 82d Airborne.
I hope not. Better to take the time necessary until Kurds, Iraqi's and Shite militias are strong enough to take on a drastically weakened IS. May take a long time and be a roller coaster ride, but that is better than suffering US casualties. Reports today indicate IS is reinforcing Kobane with untrained recruits and that they have suffered huge casualties. The reinforcements are said to be coming piecemeal on motor bikes to avoid air strikes. They are losing their most experienced troops in large numbers. When they finally take the city and the Kurds are dead or gone the city and victors can be pounded into rubble.

Oh, we have to wait until things get REALLY out of control, and the people start demanding that the United States come in and save them. Like always. Hate us, hate us, hate us, until it's convenient for us to help you out.
Did the Iraqi`s or the Vietnamese demand that we come in and save them? I think not.

Did the Iraqi`s or the Vietnamese demand that we come in and save them? I think not.

Well, in Vietnam, we had to go help the French who were losing miserably. Also to try and prevent a massacre of the South Vietnamese people, WHICH ended up happening after we left. You cannot leave a war incomplete like that. Once you start, you must finish.

Iraq, I don't necessarily agree with, but what is done is done. Should we leave that job incomplete as well?

In other words no. And if you have noticed we now have trade with Vietnam and are selling them,,,weapons, oh my!

Well, in Vietnam, we had to go help the French who were losing miserably. Also to try and prevent a massacre of the South Vietnamese people, WHICH ended up happening after we left. You cannot leave a war incomplete like that. Once you start, you must finish.

Iraq, I don't necessarily agree with, but what is done is done. Should we leave that job incomplete as well?
In both cases we went where we weren`t wanted or needed and there can only be one result. It took the Vietnamese 80 years to expel the French and if they had needed 80 more so be it.

Even if the USA had left troops in Iraq it would not have been able to kill off ISIS in Syria......ISIS in Syria or ISIL was the remnants of Al Qaida in the Anbar province...that the US tried to destroy...So all your foot stomping and woulda shouldas are a waist of time...

In both cases we went where we weren`t wanted or needed and there can only be one result. It took the Vietnamese 80 years to expel the French and if they had needed 80 more so be it.

So you are okay with the massacre of the South Vietnamese people? And how on EARTH do you expect the United States to have any allies if we don't help them out?

So you are okay with the massacre of the South Vietnamese people? And how on EARTH do you expect the United States to have any allies if we don't help them out?
I`m not ok with it but other cultures have their own way of dealing with treason. Those that were executed fought with the invading forces against their own countrymen. Bad choice.

The South Vietnamese did. LBJ was the nail in the tire.

I`m not ok with it but other cultures have their own way of dealing with treason. Those that were executed fought with the invading forces against their own countrymen. Bad choice.

The south Vietnamese weren't strong enough or well trained enough to fight off the well trained Viet Cong forces, according to depictions I've read and seen. I'm also aware that after the United States left Vietnam, there were massacres of the south Vietnamese people, including women, children and babies. They had to be rid of them in order to have their communist regime.

Forum List

Back