Obama Fight Against ISIS Is In Shambles

Nevermind the fact that Obama told ISIS on national television that the air-war was starting, giving them the headsup, so they got out of the open and stopped moving in big convoys.

Iraq, I don't necessarily agree with, but what is done is done. Should we leave that job incomplete as well?
What exactly was the "job" in Iraq that we needed to complete?? ...... :cool:
Making sure the terrorist elements that were a threat to democracy in Iraq were put down.
Except the vast majority of Iraqi's didn't want our secular democracy forced on them.. ..... :cool:

Iraq, I don't necessarily agree with, but what is done is done. Should we leave that job incomplete as well?
What exactly was the "job" in Iraq that we needed to complete?? ...... :cool:
Making sure the terrorist elements that were a threat to democracy in Iraq were put down.
Except the vast majority of Iraqi's didn't want our secular democracy forced on them.. ..... :cool:

I disagree. A lot of them showed up to vote. They've just never known democracy before, and it takes time to get used to anything new. Look at the resistance to just the new forum format? :lol:

I disagree. A lot of them showed up to vote. They've just never known democracy before, and it takes time to get used to anything new. Look at the resistance to just the new forum format? :lol:
There is absolutely nothing in the U.S. Constitution about forcing people around the world to accept democracy.

The hubris of the American people is off the charts. ...... :cool:

There is absolutely nothing in the U.S. Constitution about forcing people around the world to accept democracy.

The hubris of the American people is off the charts. ...... :cool:

Don't you think that the people are better off under a democracy and that it's more fair than a dictatorship? Why would you be against freedom?

Don't you think that the people are better off under a democracy and that it's more fair than a dictatorship? Why would you be against freedom?
I am for freedom.

The freedom for people to chose their own form of government..........be it dictatorship or communism or democracy or monarchy........without foreign intervention. ... :cool:

I am for freedom.

The freedom for people to chose their own form of government..........be it dictatorship or communism or democracy or monarchy........without foreign intervention. ... :cool:

I think a LOT of people in Iraq very happy for Saddam to be gone and to have a chance at choosing their own government. You see, when you have a dictatorship you do NOT get to choose your government.

What about the estimated 20,000,000 Iraqis that Saddam killed, or who otherwise went missing under his regime? I'm sure PLENTY were happy. Now, if we could have just finished the job, maybe the Iraqis could have possibly had a go at it. There do need to be concessions made at a governmental level though, in order for anything to work there, IMO.

What about the estimated 20,000,000 Iraqis that Saddam killed, or who otherwise went missing under his regime? I'm sure PLENTY were happy. Now, if we could have just finished the job, maybe the Iraqis could have possibly had a go at it. There do need to be concessions made at a governmental level though, in order for anything to work there, IMO.
Face it.......the Iraqi people DO NOT want to be ruled by secular western style democracy. They have their own culture and ways of doing things.

America has become like the old British colonial Empire.

Going around the world and telling everyone....... they know what's best for them and they must conform to British standards......whether they like it or not. .... :cool:

Face it.......the Iraqi people DO NOT want to be ruled by secular western style democracy. They have their own culture and ways of doing things.

America has become like the old British colonial Empire.

Going around the world and telling everyone....... they know what's best for them and they must conform to British standards......whether they like it or not. .... :cool:

I think you're wrong. It is human nature to not want to be oppressed. Those people are just brainwashed, as are you apparently. Giving people the freedom to choose their own elected officials only helps the people.

Girls really should start going to school in some of those countries too. In every single country where child marriage is allowable or socially acceptable, that country is DIRT poor. That is because marrying girls off at a young age and then having babies interferes with their ability to become educated. They go right from being a little girl under their daddy's control to being a wife with adult responsibilities under the control of their husbands.

I also believe that good education is discouraged a lot of times in ME countries because those dictators want to keep the people under their thumb, and keeping them angry at everyone else and ignorant to reality is key.

I think you're wrong. It is human nature to not want to be oppressed. Those people are just brainwashed, as are you apparently. Giving people the freedom to choose their own elected officials only helps the people.
We spent 10 years, a trillion dollars, and wasted the lives of 58,000+ American soldiers trying to "give" people democracy in Vietnam.

And when all was said and done.

The Vietnamese people chose to be ruled by communism.

And now Vietnam has a vibrant economy and is a trading partner with the U.S.

You would think the American people would learn........but obviously they haven't. ..... :cool:

We spent 10 years, a trillion dollars, and wasted the lives of 58,000+ American soldiers trying to "give" people democracy in Vietnam.

And when all was said and done.

The Vietnamese people chose to be ruled by communism.

And now Vietnam has a vibrant economy and is a trading partner with the U.S.

You would think the American people would learn........but obviously they haven't. ..... :cool:

Oh, they "chose?" There was a massacre. I'm sure you're aware of that. Those people had NO choices in the matter.

Oh, they "chose?" There was a massacre. I'm sure you're aware of that. Those people had NO choices in the matter.
Yes, the people had a choice.

Vietnam was a Civil War between the North and the South of the country. And the people had a choice to fight for one side or the other.

The North side won.

150 years ago America also had a North / South civil war.

And people had to chose to fight for one side or the other.

And the North was the winner. ..... :cool:

Yes, the people had a choice.

Vietnam was a Civil War between the North and the South of the country. And the people had a choice to fight for one side or the other.

The North side won.

150 years ago America also had a North / South civil war.

And people had to chose to fight for one side or the other.

And the North was the winner. ..... :cool:

Everyone who is familiar with the war and the aftermath knows exactly what went on, and none of it was voluntary.

Forum List

Back