obama issues statement on zimmerman virdict

The verdict said no gun laws were broken - how does your president's statement look in that respect?

The way to prevent further tragedies is to teach your kids not to criminally attack another person.

The verdict said no gun laws were broken - how does your president's statement look in that respect?

The way to prevent further tragedies is to teach your kids not to criminally attack another person.
Indeed. Respect the other person's Liberty. Kinda like do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Cornerstone of decent society.

1. The left wants to take all of our gun rights away...Somehow within their world have a go back charge on Zimmerman of breaking a future gun ban. :eusa_hand:
2. The black community wants to totally tie the hands of the police as they want their kids beating people up. Look at Chicago, Detroit, New York...

New York doesn't want the cops to be able to describe the race, sex, ect of the savage that just did a crime. This is the start of what I'm saying.

It's insane but this is what we're fighting.

1. The left wants to take all of our gun rights away...Somehow within their world have a go back charge on Zimmerman of breaking a future gun ban. :eusa_hand:
2. The black community wants to totally tie the hands of the police as they want their kids beating people up. Look at Chicago, Detroit, New York...

New York doesn't want the cops to be able to describe the race, sex, ect of the savage that just did a crime. This is the start of what I'm saying.

Yes indeed. Statism on parade.

Political correctness is killing this Republic. About time it was stopped dead in it's tracks. Call a spade a spade...oops?! Was that racist?:eusa_whistle:

I agree with what he said, but wish he would have said that when the protests were first heating up before the arrest of Zimmerman. At that time, he only added to the rhetoric of Sharpton and Jackson and the violence escalated as a result. I did read reports of people, including a 78 year-old, who were beaten and the attackers told them it was justice for Trayvon. Now there are tweets and calls for riots come Monday. It does appear some are planning to riot and there is always the chance that things will turn violent. I also fear that smaller groups will take any opportunity to beat any white person in retaliation.

I feel for Trayvon's parents and they want peace regardless of how people feel about the verdict.

Anyone who deliberately says or does anything to fuel racial tensions and riots should be charged.

Of course, Obama didn't mention during his speech whether the DOJ is going to take up the case or not. I'm sure Holder will take it further if he thinks he can get away with it. Thing is, neither the police or prosecutor could come up with any evidence or witnesses that refuted Zimmerman's testimony and that means a jury cannot convict because of doubt. The prosecutor repeated much of what Sharpton and Jackson claimed, but that was merely them imagining what took place and there was no evidence or witnesses to support that.

I'll give Obama credit for asking for peace in this matter, even though it might be too little, too late.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back