Obama Joker Poster goes to far?...

I have challenged my own, but logic and love of freedom simply will not allow me to "shift" to the left, even an inch

The only way I assume one could shift, is to care about what others think of them ..and I just do not. I care about our country and the Constitution

Doesn't sound like a rigorous challenge.

Not saying you have to shift left, but if your "challenge" resulted in "no change" whether right or left, it probably was more of a finger drill.

I have challenged my own, but logic and love of freedom simply will not allow me to "shift" to the left, even an inch

The only way I assume one could shift, is to care about what others think of them ..and I just do not. I care about our country and the Constitution

Doesn't sound like a rigorous challenge.

Not saying you have to shift left, but if your "challenge" resulted in "no change" whether right or left, it probably was more of a finger drill.

Oh there was change for me, it is just that is was not to the left. It was change I could live with

Personally, I think this one is much more fitting.

6a00d8345259a469e2010536f67264970c-500wi

That's what I mean. It's from california. I figured it must have something to do with california being infested with liberals...

Yes it's from CA but it's an .edu link. That's what I'm guessing he's referring to.

And in the "Faculty" section...

:)

peace...
So you're upset because that photo was posted by a "liberal professor" (or other "faculty" member)? But as I said above, I really don't want to play guessing games. If that is not the reason, please state your problem with it being on an "edu." and "faculty" link.

If I'm right, why do you object? What was so wrong about it being included on that site?

Last edited:
Yes it's from CA but it's an .edu link. That's what I'm guessing he's referring to.

peace...
So you're upset because that photo was posted by a "liberal professor" (or other "faculty" member)? But as I said above, I really don't want to play guessing games. If that is not the reason, please state your problem with it being on an "edu." and "faculty" link.

If I'm right, why do you object? What was so wrong about it being included on that site?

I didn't say it was Wrong... Or that something should be Done about it...

You don't Live your Real Life making these Kinds of Silly Assumptions, do you?...

peace...

peace...

I didn't say it was Wrong... Or that something should be Done about it...

You don't Live your Real Life making these Kinds of Silly Assumptions, do you?...

peace...
I never said you thought something should be done about it.

Like I said, I'm not playing guessing games with you.

So what IS your concern about that photo being on an 'edu faculty' link? You felt the need to point out the source of the link in your OP, and to point out it was "faculty" above. Why?

Last edited:
That's what I mean. It's from california. I figured it must have something to do with california being infested with liberals...

Be nice if he told us, wouldn't it?

You would think an OP wouldn't mind to expound on his point.

I find it interesting that people would need to have it pointed out to them. How did you NOT see it? It was the first thing I noticed, that the link was an .edu from UC of Santa Barbara.

Everyone has their panties in a knot over the Obama/Joker poster . . . is anyone's panties in a knot that a university would put out a Hitler/Bush poster? Or is that just par for the course?

I find it interesting that people would need to have it pointed out to them. How did you NOT see it? It was the first thing I noticed, that the link was an .edu from UC of Santa Barbara.

Everyone has their panties in a knot over the Obama/Joker poster . . . is anyone's panties in a knot that a university would put out a Hitler/Bush poster? Or is that just par for the course?

As opposed to inferring intent, a road frought with peril, I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

Especially when he's alluded to it.

The fact that he won't address his own point strikes me as curious.

You?

I can’t speak for others but I was slightly offended by both. So you can’t seem to find examples of people being offended by Bush=Hitler pictures. Still, there are examples of people having gotten into trouble for displaying anti-Bush things.

Woman Sues Over Anti-Bush Bumper Sticker - Oddities News - redOrbit

CNN.com - Dixie Chicks pulled from air after bashing Bush - Mar. 14, 2003

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,430542,00.html

Last edited:
Check out these.

Anti-Bush Statement Backfires in Germany: Film Director in Trouble Over Swastika T-Shirt - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Criticizing US President George W. Bush is fine in Germany, but doing so by displaying the Nazi swastika is a crime, and it's got film director Fatih Akin in trouble with the German authorities

Secret Service confiscates anti-Bush drawings by 15-year-old at Prosser High

Secret Service confiscates anti-Bush drawings by 15-year-old at Prosser High
freedomforum.org: Man's anti-Bush bumper stickers prompt visit by Secret Service

The Secret Service has questioned a middle Georgia man whose bumper stickers say "hell with Bush" and call the president a "two-faced murderer."

Wal-Mart Turns in Student’s Anti-Bush Photo, Secret Service Investigates Him | The Progressive

Wal-Mart Turns in Student’s Anti-Bush Photo, Secret Service Investigates Him

As opposed to inferring intent, a road frought with peril, I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

Especially when he's alluded to it.

The fact that he won't address his own point strikes me as curious.

You?

I assumed he wanted you to figure it out (the .edu part) for yourself. :)

You're ok with a university putting out a Hitler/Bush poster?

I can’t speak for others but I was slightly offended by both. So you can’t seem to find examples of people being offended by Bush=Hitler pictures. Still, there are examples of people having gotten into trouble for displaying anti-Bush things.

Anti-Bush Statement Backfires in Germany: Film Director in Trouble Over Swastika T-Shirt - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

I can't speak for others but I don't really give a shit about either one.

hmmm...was that the government taking action? no

obama wants your private emails, you like that?

hmmm...was that the government taking action? no

I’m not clear about what point you are trying to make. A woman was ticketed for having an obscene anti-President Bush bumper. Ticketing is a government action. On the other hand, no formal government action was taken with respect to the posting of the Obama=Joker signs. If I am wrong or if I mised your point, please clarify.

obama wants your private emails, you like that?

That was a sudden change of subject. Okay. Do you have a link where he specifically said that he wants your private emails. From what I recall of the Patriot Act, Bush wanted private email too.

Do you have a link where he specifically said that he wants your private emails. From what I recall of the Patriot Act, Bush wanted private email too.

GOP Senator: White House Encroaching on First Amendment - The Note

Okay. Thanks for the link. It is hardly the invasion of privacy issue that I first thought that it was going to be. In fact, a few weeks ago someone sent me an email with allegations and complaints about Obama’s health care policy ideas. I was not confident about the claims that she was making but I was not certain about the facts, myself. Therefore I forwarded the email to some representative in congress hoping that they would clarify some possible misunderstandings I had. Big deal.

Let’s get pact to the topic of the thread. Please clarify and specify what you meant by “was that the government taking action? No”.

Forum List

Back