obama just committed political suicide.

You're talking stupid. You know perfectly well that we are not talking about the police or the military right now. We are talking about citizens that have no need and no business carrying a gun.
Who the fuck are you to decide who has need and business to carry a gun
the constitution doesn,nt discriminate

What she doesn't understand is that, the original intent for gun control was to keep blacks from having access to guns.

Is it possible??? You're even a bigger ass hole than I thought.

You're talking stupid. You know perfectly well that we are not talking about the police or the military right now. We are talking about citizens that have no need and no business carrying a gun.

What she doesn't understand is that, the original intent for gun control was to keep blacks from having access to guns.

Which gun controls were put in place for that?

I'm so tired of you cowards hiding behind the constitution. What in the hell do you need a gun for???
I'm so tired of you cowards hiding behind the Constitution. What in the hell do you need freedom of speech for???

I'm so tired of you cowards hiding behind the constitution. What in the hell do you need a gun for???
I'm so tired of you cowards hiding behind the Constitution. What in the hell do you need freedom of speech for???

Some how that just isn't the same. :eek:

In a reaction to emancipation, several southern states adopt "black codes" which, among other things, forbid black persons from possessing firearms.

Gun Control Timeline

The historical record provides compelling evidence that racism underlies gun control laws -- and not in any subtle way. Throughout much of American history, gun control was openly stated as a method for keeping blacks and Hispanics "in their place," and to quiet the racial fears of whites. This paper is intended to provide a brief summary of this unholy alliance of gun control and racism, and to suggest that gun control laws should be regarded as "suspect ideas," analogous to the "suspect classifications" theory of discrimination already part of the American legal system.

The Racist Roots of Gun Control

The Racist Origins of US Gun Control

Laws Designed To Disarm Slaves, Freedmen, And African-Americans
The Racist Origins Of Gun Control

In the contentious years leading up to the Civil War, those who sought to retain the institution of slavery found that to do so, it was necessary to eliminate more and more of the basic liberties of slaves, free blacks, and white abolitionists. Congressman Tobias Plants explained that slaveholders “could not hold [slaves] safely where dissent was permitted,” so they decided that “all dissent must be suppressed by the strong hand of power.”

Thomas: The Ugly Racial History of Gun Control | The Federal Observer

Do you follow me around the board?

Is it possible??? You're even a bigger ass hole than I thought.

Can I help it if you're to incompetent to understand the issue you fight against?

More Americans were killed by guns than by war in the 20th Century.

More Americans were killed with guns in the 18-year period between 1979 and 1997 (651,697), than were killed in battle in all wars since 1775 (650,858). And while a sharp drop in gun homicides has contributed to a decline in overall gun deaths since 1993, the 90's will likely exceed the death toll of the 1980s (327,173) and end up being the deadliest decade of the century. By the end of the 1990s, an estimated 350,000 Americans will have been killed in non-military-related firearm incidents during the decade.

19 Facts You Need to Know About Guns

Toy guns and teddy bears have more federal manufacturing regulations than real guns.

Did the Founding Fathers really intend that a product, that has facilitated the killing of far more American citizens in non-military-related deaths than all those who lost their lives in wars since 1775, would be subject to less government regulation than a "teddy bear!"

The founding fathers intended for us to guard our freedoms againt an opressive government.

More Americans were killed with guns in the 18-year period between 1979 and 1997 (651,697), than were killed in battle in all wars since 1775 (650,858). And while a sharp drop in gun homicides has contributed to a decline in overall gun deaths since 1993, the 90's will likely exceed the death toll of the 1980s (327,173) and end up being the deadliest decade of the century. By the end of the 1990s, an estimated 350,000 Americans will have been killed in non-military-related firearm incidents during the decade.

Toy guns and teddy bears have more federal manufacturing regulations than real guns.

Did the Founding Fathers really intend that a product, that has facilitated the killing of far more American citizens in non-military-related deaths than all those who lost their lives in wars since 1775, would be subject to less government regulation than a "teddy bear!"

Those figures are bogus.

About 600,000 americans died in the Civil war
About 416,000 americans died in WWII

That doesn't include Revolution war, War of 1812, Spanish American war, WWI, Korean War, Vietnam War, Iraq 1 and2, Kosovo and Afganistan

In a reaction to emancipation, several southern states adopt "black codes" which, among other things, forbid black persons from possessing firearms.

Gun Control Timeline

The historical record provides compelling evidence that racism underlies gun control laws -- and not in any subtle way. Throughout much of American history, gun control was openly stated as a method for keeping blacks and Hispanics "in their place," and to quiet the racial fears of whites. This paper is intended to provide a brief summary of this unholy alliance of gun control and racism, and to suggest that gun control laws should be regarded as "suspect ideas," analogous to the "suspect classifications" theory of discrimination already part of the American legal system.

In the contentious years leading up to the Civil War, those who sought to retain the institution of slavery found that to do so, it was necessary to eliminate more and more of the basic liberties of slaves, free blacks, and white abolitionists. Congressman Tobias Plants explained that slaveholders “could not hold [slaves] safely where dissent was permitted,” so they decided that “all dissent must be suppressed by the strong hand of power.”

Stop being so paranoid...boogaboogabooga!!!

Gun Control Timeline

You asked for proof I gave it to you. The start of gun control in America was racially motivated.

Try yelling fire in a crowded theatre...

Gun Control Timeline

You asked for proof I gave it to you. The start of gun control in America was racially motivated.
Well done.
I'm not sure how it added to the conversation but thank you for your further education.

Well done.
I'm not sure how it added to the conversation but thank you for your further education.

It has a lot to do with the discussion. From what I have learned on this board I may be wrong but I think Rinata is black and I wanted her to know some history about the thing she is supporting. To have a little knowledge about what she is supporting and how it all started.

Well done.

It has a lot to do with the discussion. From what I have learned on this board I may be wrong but I think Rinata is black and I wanted her to know some history about the thing she is supporting. To have a little knowledge about what she is supporting and how it all started.

Mate, that would rank up there among some of the most ridiculous postings I have ever seen.
It's just embarrassing!

Well done.

Mate, that would rank up there among some of the most ridiculous postings I have ever seen.
It's just embarrassing!

Really like you chasing me around the board, mate?

The founding fathers intended for us to guard our freedoms againt an opressive government.

You are absolutely correct.... Look at the people in Egypt throwing rocks and fire bombs against a murderous tyrant and his henchmen.... We have our own to deal with one day....

The Lessons Of History -
The Founding Fathers On
Right To Bear Arms

The Lessons Of History - The Founding Fathers On Right To Bear Arms

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

GunCite: Second Amendment-Quotes from the Founding Fathers and their contemporaries on the right to keep and bear arms.

You are absolutely correct.... Look at the people in Egypt throwing rocks and fire bombs against a murderous tyrant and his henchmen.... We have our own to deal with one day....

The Lessons Of History -
The Founding Fathers On
Right To Bear Arms

The Lessons Of History - The Founding Fathers On Right To Bear Arms

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

GunCite: Second Amendment-Quotes from the Founding Fathers and their contemporaries on the right to keep and bear arms.

I am holding my opinion on who the shooters belong to not so sure if they are part of the egyptian government.

oby is just doing what comes natural... screwing things up. that may be a progressive liberal trait. now he is running for sheikh of egypt....
thumbnail.aspx

It is not a matter of 'hiding' behind the constitution. It is a matter of not simply ignoring the parts that you dislike. We have the RIGHT to bear arms - PERIOD. If you don't like it then try and make another amendment but until then gun control of the likes you and the rest of the people on this board is pure crap. The constitution is not to be ignored every time you have a disagreement with its precepts. That is why we are in this bullshit mess today and why we are continually watching our freedoms erode one by one. It is interesting how often the liberals want to trumpet the right doing this as they complain about travesties like the bush wire taps but the INSTANT that it becomes an issue they want they jump right on the bandwagon. Pure fucking crap.

Furthermore, the second amendment was put in place to guard against a tyrannical government and is there to ensure we always have a stopgap to keep our freedoms. That is a fact and there are literal mountains of evidence to show this. I realize you would like to rewrite history to erase that fact but you can't. It is there for a purpose and is STILL there in the constitution. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back