Obama Now Has the Power to Appoint 93 Federal Judges

see above ........just when 'leftwing' ignorance has settled.....

So your position is that no judges should get appointed unless the President's party has 60 Senators.

That's almost as ignorant.

Are you aware that the Republican Party has not had 60 Senators since the 1920's?

you are suffering a critical thinking fail, first if you guys had not started this shooting war we wouldn't be here.

my position is not germane in this context; the rule was 60 to close debate, if that means debate on a nominee, well, that was the rule. You guys and obama too, screamed like we are now back in 05 when Frist surfaced this shit, so please spare me the BS.

and you must have missed this;

just because YOU think something is right, or wrong, doesn't make it so, nor does it make me right or wrong, thats why we have LAW(s)...see how that works?

and, I don't need a lesson in house or senate history from you of all people.

LBJ had a filibuster ( under the old rules to- 3/5ths) when he introduced Medicare....but what did he do? he worked his ass of for consensus, and he had a huuuge house majority too.....what do we have? might makes right...zero for obamacare and reid deciding hes got to have all the power, by breaking a 200 year dictum submaring the minority...

man, you proggies sure do love monitories except when you need to kick them in the teeth to forward an ideological platform. what happened to the love? :rolleyes:

In 2005 you rightwing morons were all FOR getting rid of the filibuster.

So your position is that no judges should get appointed unless the President's party has 60 Senators.

Are you aware that the Republican Party has not had 60 Senators since the 1920's?

you are suffering a critical thinking fail, first if you guys had not started this shooting war we wouldn't be here.

my position is not germane in this context; the rule was 60 to close debate, if that means debate on a nominee, well, that was the rule. You guys and obama too, screamed like we are now back in 05 when Frist surfaced this shit, so please spare me the BS.

just because YOU think something is right, or wrong, doesn't make it so, nor does it make me right or wrong, thats why we have LAW(s)...see how that works?

LBJ had a filibuster ( under the old rules to- 3/5ths) when he introduced Medicare....but what did he do? he worked his ass of for consensus, and he had a huuuge house majority too.....what do we have? might makes right...zero for obamacare and reid deciding hes got to have all the power, by breaking a 200 year dictum submaring the minority...

man, you proggies sure do love monitories except when you need to kick them in the teeth to forward an ideological platform. what happened to the love? :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ stop drinking and posting ....

so the guy who doesn't shoot gets prosecuted for murder? :eusa_shifty:

the guy how shoots and kills? whats he get? :rolleyes:

No stupid - the position is the president should simply nominate a rational, qualified individual instead of a partisan hack!!! And then both sides would approve with the proper votes.

You see how that works, stupid?!? :bang3:

If you can prove that every filibustered Obama appointee is a partisan hack, by all means do so.

Step one, tell us who gets to decide who is or isn't a partisan hack.

But it did not work that way for the last 5 years. Instead, anything the President proposed was voted against on party line votes. As McConnel publically stated, the whole idea was to deny President Obama a second term. When that failed, the GOP just continued to block everything. Something had to give, something gave. Now you have to deal with it.

How many votes did Obama get for Obamacare?

If I remember didn't Democrats make John Roberts wife cry they were so vicious in attacking him..?

but they all of sudden needed to change the rules in the middle of game, again..

they are such traitors to the people in this country...

remember this people

If I remember didn't Democrats make John Roberts wife cry they were so vicious in attacking him..?

but they all of sudden needed to change the rules in the middle of game, again..

they are such traitors to the people in this country...

remember this people

I think it was Alito's wife.......hey, a war on woman..:lol:

But it did not work that way for the last 5 years. Instead, anything the President proposed was voted against on party line votes. As McConnel publically stated, the whole idea was to deny President Obama a second term. When that failed, the GOP just continued to block everything. Something had to give, something gave. Now you have to deal with it.

They're not dealing with it very well, are they?

Let me help you. 60 votes. So, like your example of LBJ, apparently Obama got that legislation passed in a way you consider admirable.

lol. You should remind us you feel that way more often.

:lol:

gee thats never been done before:eek:

Reid invented the use of recess appointment block pro forma session in use as to prevent Bush recess appointments.....remember that?

Oh and of course the messiah ran right over that, and ole harry backed him.....

:rolleyes:

It's called the Constitution. The president is empowered and obligated to fill vacancies.

The activist Rightwing court packing agenda has one premise: The Left must not be allowed to select any judges despite winning the last two elections by wide majorities.

The Right has used the filibuster to overturn the results of two elections. They will not let Obama govern. It has gotten so bad that he can only nominate Republicans to cabinet positions, like Chuck Hegal. And even then he is opposed.

The Rightwing has declared war on Obama. They have decided that he must not be allowed to do anything. This is why he has faced more filibusters than the last 12 presidents combined.

Exactly.

The only thing I wonder about anymore is why they bother to deny the truth of what is obviously happening.

Let me help you. 60 votes. So, like your example of LBJ, apparently Obama got that legislation passed in a way you consider admirable.

how many votes from republicans you imbecile...

I said;

LBJ had a filibuster ( under the old rules to- 3/5ths) when he introduced Medicare....but what did he do? he worked his ass off for consensus, and he had a huuuge house majority too

:lol: jesus wept

It's called the Constitution. The president is empowered and obligated to fill vacancies.

The activist Rightwing court packing agenda has one premise: The Left must not be allowed to select any judges despite winning the last two elections by wide majorities.

The Right has used the filibuster to overturn the results of two elections. They will not let Obama govern. It has gotten so bad that he can only nominate Republicans to cabinet positions, like Chuck Hegal. And even then he is opposed.

The Rightwing has declared war on Obama. They have decided that he must not be allowed to do anything. This is why he has faced more filibusters than the last 12 presidents combined.

Exactly.

The only thing I wonder about anymore is why they bother to deny the truth of what is obviously happening.

and what is truth as to what is "obviously happening"?

LBJ had 68 Democratic Senators after the 1964 election.

I said;

LBJ had a filibuster ( under the old rules to- 3/5ths) when he introduced Medicare....but what did he do? he worked his ass off for consensus, and he had a huuuge house majority too

Medicare passed the Senate 68 - 29 after 3 days of debate.

[c) what happened to "elections count", if you guys had not lost your senate seats when you had 60, you could have confirmed anyone you wanted too.... you wanna walk back that coined phrase too?

How about counting the election where the GOP lost its majority in the Senate?

:lol: critical thinking fail or do you need more ice?

the limit was 60 to close debate and 67 to change rules.....

Apparently he didn't know about the 3/5ths rule in the Senate. :eusa_shhh:

I said;

Medicare passed the Senate 68 - 29 after 3 days of debate.

And?

Forum List

Back