Obama omits 'under god' in ken burns Gettysburg address

"
Liberals will scramble to say that Obama used the Nicolay Copy, instead of the Bliss Copy, of the Gettysburg Address. You can tell because he says, “The Nation” instead of “This Nation.” And there’s only one copy that leaves out God and uses “The Nation”.
You’re going to see liberal fact checkers making this same argument before too long. But there’s one problem.

"The Bliss Copy is the only official copy that is actually used. It’s the one that Lincoln, titled signed and dated. The Nicolay Copy is considered a draft. God appears in 3 out of the 5 copies. Clearly Lincoln did say “Under God”.

Obama Removes ?God? from Gettysburg Address | FrontPage Magazine

considering the time...... ALL orators used "god". An official statement like this coming from lincoln...him NOT using "god" would not have happened.

Thousands gather to commemorate 150th anniversary of Gettysburg Address | Fox News

Hayes was President 1877-81

Meaning no President attended celebrations for the 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th or 125th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address

No other President has used Lincoln's memory to help get elected. Obama indicated numerous times that 'Honest Abe' was his hero. It seems to me he would take the time to attend the ceremony held to honor his 'heroes' most famous speech.

The president has repeatedly cited Lincoln, a fellow Illinoisan, as one of his heroes. He used the Lincoln Bible at both of his inauguration ceremonies, in 2009 and 2013.

Read more: Obama addresses Gettysburg ceremony ? on tape - Washington Times

Gosh.

World peace or a ceremony.

What a choice, huh?
yy
And, what do the rest of us get - this stoooopid rw lile that President Obama left out the word god.

Jeeeez.

Desperate rw's.

My bad, I should have known that Obama was lying about Lincoln being his hero.

I've been consistently bringing up the idiocy of Obama's inner circle thinking that with his poll numbers going down the toilet this was a swell idea to use the Nicolay copy which is only the first draft.

You know, just go ahead and piss off more people.

Why didn't any of his advisors go "hey boss, we don't need any more shit hitting the fan. Run with the Bliss copy. "

:lol:

I've been consistently bringing up the idiocy of Obama's inner circle thinking that with his poll numbers going down the toilet this was a swell idea to use the Nicolay copy which is only the first draft.

Why didn't any of his advisors go "hey boss, we don't need any more shit hitting the fan. Run with the Bliss copy. "

"
Liberals will scramble to say that Obama used the Nicolay Copy, instead of the Bliss Copy, of the Gettysburg Address. You can tell because he says, “The Nation” instead of “This Nation.” And there’s only one copy that leaves out God and uses “The Nation”.
You’re going to see liberal fact checkers making this same argument before too long. But there’s one problem.

"The Bliss Copy is the only official copy that is actually used. It’s the one that Lincoln, titled signed and dated. The Nicolay Copy is considered a draft. God appears in 3 out of the 5 copies. Clearly Lincoln did say “Under God”.

considering the time...... ALL orators used "god". An official statement like this coming from lincoln...him NOT using "god" would not have happened.

Exactly. It's like the "god bless the United States of America tagline". A nod to the symbolminded to keep them quiet.

Again, the concept "God" has nothing to do with either the country or the battle. Never did.

Let's see children are hungry in America, wars linger on killing and maiming Americans, Meals on wheels for the elderly is unfunded, our healthcare is 37th in the world, Walmart is collecting from workers who make nothing for workers who make nothing, congress does nothing but vacation, jobs are outsourced, billionaires are laughing at the fools who vote in their flunkies, the weather is changing due to human laziness, and all the wingnuts can do is cry and whine over a version of an address that today they would not even agree with and through their representative's policies do not honor its content. Too funny.

And repeat the LIE that he left out the word god.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...n-burns-gettysburg-address-6.html#post8179677

"

Exactly. It's like the "god bless the United States of America tagline". A nod to the symbolminded to keep them quiet.

Again, the concept "God" has nothing to do with either the country or the battle. Never did.

agree..god had zero to do with the psychical battle

but you can bet both sides thought god had everything to do with the battle...... Saying that lincoln did not use god in the Gettysburg address is just stupid.

Oh great.

Another rw lie on top of the first one.

Please stop lying. He didn't choose and neither did any of his staff.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...n-burns-gettysburg-address-6.html#post8179677

Thousands gather to commemorate 150th anniversary of Gettysburg Address | Fox News

Meaning no President attended celebrations for the 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th or 125th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address

No other President has used Lincoln's memory to help get elected. Obama indicated numerous times that 'Honest Abe' was his hero. It seems to me he would take the time to attend the ceremony held to honor his 'heroes' most famous speech.

The president has repeatedly cited Lincoln, a fellow Illinoisan, as one of his heroes. He used the Lincoln Bible at both of his inauguration ceremonies, in 2009 and 2013.

Gosh.

What a choice, huh?

And, what do the rest of us get - this stoooopid rw lie that President Obama left out the word god.

Jeeeez.

Desperate rw's.

World peace? Bite me. He had a meeting with Hagle and I believe he was going to give a speech to Wall Street CEO's.

Only morons like you Obamabots can't figure out that he missed a truly golden opportunity for all sorts of fabulous positive press after weeks of being under fire.

And the idiots in the WH blew it.

agree..god had zero to do with the psychical battle

but you can bet both sides thought god had everything to do with the battle...... Saying that lincoln did not use god in the Gettysburg address is just stupid.

Is there any end to the rw lies?

He CHOSE to use the draft, and everybody knows that draft leaves out the world "god". That is the only thing that distinguishes it from the other...so obviously, they chose that one based on that.

Because the actual speech had "God" in it, of that there is no question. And everybody knows it. Including Harvard-educated Obammy.

You.
Are.
LYING.
And.
Brain.
Dead.
Stupid.

Home | Learn the Address

Third line of photos down, second block from left, clearly states that President Obama was specically asked to read the Nicolay Version.

I am finished with you because you represent the absolute worst of what is left of the right. You're stupid and you are a liar.

Shut up and go away.

Anyone else who is interested can also read this.

Bottom line is this is nothing more than another rw lie about President Obama.

Naw, he chose and read the Nicolay version because it didn't have God in it, of course he did.

You need to decide if he's a god, or if he's retarded. You keep waffling between the two. He's a god until he shows his colors, then he's retarded.

"
But I do wonder why Obama's staff would have agreed to let him read the John Nicolay version? Surely they knew that it did not contain the "under God" reference. Surely they knew that his reading of this version might lead to a big political headache at a time when the president has enough problems to deal with concerning the Affordable Care Act? Surely someone did their homework and thought about the political implications of his reading of the Nicolay version?"

History News Network | Why Didn't Obama Say "Under God" in His Recitation of the Gettysburg Address?

No other President has used Lincoln's memory to help get elected.

Grant?

Obama indicated numerous times that 'Honest Abe' was his hero. It seems to me he would take the time to attend the ceremony held to honor his 'heroes' most famous speech.

Actually O'bama is Hawaiian and Lincoln was a Kentuckian, not that either has anything to do with this goofy-ass thread...

Actually, Lincoln served several terms in the Illinois House of Representative and then in the US House of Representatives from Illinois. Obama also served in Illinois as a state Senator. That is why Obama, not I, referred to Lincoln as a fellow Illinoisan. Then again, as you have so intelligently pointed out, Obama was lying again.

Last edited:

Gosh.

What a choice, huh?

And, what do the rest of us get - this stoooopid rw lie that President Obama left out the word god.

Jeeeez.

Desperate rw's.

World peace? Bite me. He had a meeting with Hagle and I believe he was going to give a speech to Wall Street CEO's.

Only morons like you Obamabots can't figure out that he missed a truly golden opportunity for all sorts of fabulous positive press after weeks of being under fire.

And the idiots in the WH blew it.

Actually, you're right.

Bush was smart enough to throw his job out the window in favor of lying to Americans. Obama just keeps plugging away at his job while idiot rw's tell the idiot lie that he left out the word "god".

Jeeeez.

Oh great.

Another rw lie on top of the first one.

Please stop lying. He didn't choose and neither did any of his staff.

Oh bullshit. Absolutely every aspect of the President's life and agenda is controlled by the White House.

Obama and Team Obama have complete creative control over everything. And if you believe Burns bossed Obama around and made him read the Nicolay version you are insane.

The official web site very clearly states that they requested President Obama read the Nicolay Version that does not include the word god.

Here it is AGAIN - Third line down, second square from left, READ IT and click on it to read the Nicolay Version.

Home | Learn the Address

Or, for the rw's, ignore the truth and keep lying.

The official web site very clearly states that they requested President Obama read the Nicolay Version that does not include the word god.

Here it is AGAIN - Third line down, second square from left, READ IT and click on it to read the Nicolay Version.

Home | Learn the Address

Or, for the rw's, ignore the truth and keep lying.

And we believe that because Obama has to do what he's told. Plus he's really stupid.

:cuckoo::lol::cuckoo::lol::cuckoo:

Because it's not worth my time. Other fish to fry.

= FAIL

Next time, have something to support your claim before shooting your big, fat mouth off. You might not end up looking so damn stupid.

"Fail" is a verb, stupid.

Colloquial use commonly employed in a particular context/medium.

FAIL again.

You've humiliated yourself enough here without wandering into areas you know even less about. Quit while you're behind, dope.

No other President has used Lincoln's memory to help get elected.

Grant?

Obama indicated numerous times that 'Honest Abe' was his hero. It seems to me he would take the time to attend the ceremony held to honor his 'heroes' most famous speech.

Actually O'bama is Hawaiian and Lincoln was a Kentuckian, not that either has anything to do with this goofy-ass thread...

Actually, Lincoln served several terms in the Illinois House of Representative and then in the US House of Representatives from Illinois. Obama also served in Illinois as a state Senator. That is why Obama, not I, referred to Lincoln as a fellow Illinoisan. Then again, as you have so intelligently pointed out, Obama was lying again.

Whatever.

Guess what -- I'm not a Carolinian. I live here by choice.
Political demagoguery is the same bullshit used to sell soap.

"

Obama said that if you like God in the speech you can keep it. Period. But, well, you know...

Forum List

Back