Obama on the flag? Seriously?

yep disgusting, both parties have wackos.

Copyof340x_sarahpalin_200908_477x600_7.jpg

How does this compare?

Huggy, is there nothing you won't defend, in relation to Obama??? Why do you think it got taken down Huggy??? Seriously.

The Flag Code, which formalizes and unifies the traditional ways in which we give respect to the flag, also contains specific instructions on how the flag is not to be used. They are:

The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
The flag should not be used as a drapery, or for covering a speakers desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard
The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.
The flag should never have placed on it, or attached to it, any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind.
The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.

The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.

When a flag is so worn it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be destroyed by burning in a dignified manner.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette

Blah...blah...blah... How is it a U S flag with no stars?

If it makes ya feel any better I think the Obama flag looks stupid.

This isn't about defendin Obama..this is a non event drummed up into an hysterical frenzy over NOTHING. Without the stars you got nothing. Calm down. Red and white stripes are just that ...red and white stripes. You people are wound just a scosh too tight. If y'all hate Obama so much why don't ya do something about it? Fuck!..If I hated someone as much as you nitwits hate Obama..they are not long for this world. Put up or shut up ya babies!

My problem was that it was flown under the US Flag, on an Official Flagpole. This was a DNC Headquarters. Bad Bad Idea. At least they had the sense to remove it when Hell broke lose. Somebody should be working on their Resume, right about now.

This is just so against everything. I have no words. And duly noted, apparently we are the nitwits.

How about a million flags with that man's face on it in the distress sign?

Huggy, is there nothing you won't defend, in relation to Obama??? Why do you think it got taken down Huggy??? Seriously.

The Flag Code, which formalizes and unifies the traditional ways in which we give respect to the flag, also contains specific instructions on how the flag is not to be used. They are:

The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
The flag should not be used as a drapery, or for covering a speakers desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard
The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.
The flag should never have placed on it, or attached to it, any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind.
The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.

The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.

When a flag is so worn it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be destroyed by burning in a dignified manner.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette

This isn't about defendin Obama..this is a non event drummed up into an hysterical frenzy over NOTHING. Without the stars you got nothing. Calm down. Red and white stripes are just that ...red and white stripes. You people are wound just a scosh too tight. If y'all hate Obama so much why don't ya do something about it? Fuck!..If I hated someone as much as you nitwits hate Obama..they are not long for this world. Put up or shut up ya babies!

My problem was that it was flown under the US Flag, on an Official Flagpole. This was a DNC Headquarters. Bad Bad Idea. At least they had the sense to remove it when Hell broke lose. Somebody should be working on their Resume, right about now.

Is there some law broken? Are there any official rules what can be on a flag pole under old glory? Don't know myself? I'm more used to boats where if ya got flags..let em fly.

I see old glory and skull and crossbones on boats all of the time.. is somebody pissed about that? What if the "other" flag was just a pic of Obama with no stripes?...It is a DNC office? right? Don't they have a right to promote Obama?

Is there some law broken? Are there any official rules what can be on a flag pole under old glory? Don't know myself? I'm more used to boats where if ya got flags..let em fly.

I see old glory and skull and crossbones on boats all of the time.. is somebody pissed about that? What if the "other" flag was just a pic of Obama with no stripes?...It is a DNC office? right? Don't they have a right to promote Obama?

4 USC § 8 - Respect for flag

Would they find it offensive if Obama's face was placed on a Russian flag in a similar manner as the one displayed with (can't remember if it was Lenin or Stalin) on it earlier in the thread at a Republican headquarters? For some reason I think many would literally have a shit fit about that.

Immie

The left can trot out 1000 pics of Sarah
with the American flag.I doubt there is one
with her image on it.

Anyway to cut Obama some slack I doubt Michelle will let his image
appear on our flag since she holds such little regard for it.
It wasn't all that long ago during a flag folding ceremony that Michelle
was seen saying to her hubby....

"All this just for a flag" then a grimace on her face as Barack nodded.....
Nice going for a first lady the lefties put on a pedestal just as high as the ones
for her husband.

This story is going National..

The Democrat party just keeps cutting their own throats with their stupidity over Obama.....say goodbye to the Vets votes..

:clap2:

Like they ever had that many? Veterans are one of the demographics the Dems give a hoot about. I do not personally know many vets who would vote for O, dem or otherwise.

Far be it from me to tell you what to do but, but if you don't know any veterans that would vote for Dems you may want to expand your circle of acquaintances.

According to ABC News...
...http://http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2008/12/the-veteran-vot/

"But the biggest surprise is for anyone who assumed a major tilt toward the Republican Party among veterans. Thirty-five percent of veterans voting in 2008 identified themselves as Democrats, 34 percent as Republicans (the rest were independents)."

You can buy these:

reagan_and_flag_tshirt-p235054467009002390trlf_400.jpg

I don't like the Obama flag thing and I don't like the fact that it was flown in public. Still, you guys constantly bashing everyone who sees things differently than yourselves and blaming entire swathe of people for individual acts is just not called for. I'd never call "conservatives' ugly names just because I was able to find a picture of a flag with Ronald Reagan on it... and someone wore it for a picture. Again, I don;t like it but I sure don't blame anyone here and it sure doesn't make me want to call you stupid or unAmerican because you happen to wear the same political stripe as Reagan.

"All I know, is we're all in this together
All I know, is we're not that far apart.."

You can buy these:

http://rlv.zcache.com/reagan_and_flag_tshirt-p235054467009002390trlf_400.jpg

I don't like the Obama flag thing and I don't like the fact that it was flown in public. Still, you guys constantly bashing everyone who sees things differently than yourselves and blaming entire swathe of people for individual acts is just not called for. I'd never call "conservatives' ugly names just because I was able to find a picture of a flag with Ronald Reagan on it... and someone wore it for a picture. Again, I don;t like it but I sure don't blame anyone here and it sure doesn't make me want to call you stupid or unAmerican because you happen to wear the same political stripe as Reagan.

You can buy these:

That doesn't appear to be Reagan on the flag but rather Reagan standing in front and the flag in the background to me.

Immie

Willy? How many times you gonna post it?

Sorry. For some reason the image of the flag with Reagan on it won't display. I was trying to get it to work.

I got a red X. The only way I can see it is to put the link in my browser address window and go directly to the page itself.

Hopefully, when I finally get around to downloading Firefox, I won't have to put up with that.

Immie

You can buy these:

That doesn't appear to be Reagan on the flag but rather Reagan standing in front and the flag in the background to me.

Immie

Is there any reason that excuse doesn't work for the other flag in question?

You can buy these:

Immie

Is there any reason that excuse doesn't work for the other flag in question?

Have you looked at the picture of the other flag?

The likeness of The One is actually on a flag. You are talking about a picture on a T-Shirt of Ronald Reagan with a flag behind him. He is not being displayed as being ON the flag.

Immie

I believe the terminology was described as "personality cult."

I would call their intent accurate. I bet Obama is flattered.. If it was me I would be disgusted at best but probably terrified.

Here is a little info - one has to be dead to appear on US currency, never mind flags...

There is a reason for that.

Or Cult of Personality...

Dare I...?

You bet...

Rewind...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0&ob=av3e]Living Colour - Cult Of Personality - YouTube[/ame]

I believe the terminology was described as "personality cult."

I would call their intent accurate. I bet Obama is flattered.. If it was me I would be disgusted at best but probably terrified.

Here is a little info - one has to be dead to appear on US currency, never mind flags...

There is a reason for that.

Or Cult of Personality...

Dare I...?

You bet...

Rewind...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0&ob=av3e]Living Colour - Cult Of Personality - YouTube[/ame]

It really doesn't matter; Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il etc...

Put dear leaders picture on the wall and pray to him.. "Personality cults" or cults of personality view their leaders as higher than human - spiritual - even to the point of viewing those leaders as God - or Jesus like figures..

Kinda like progressives placing Obamas face on a flag degrading the cloth promotes that idea.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back