Obama on the flag? Seriously?

enWh2br0NzAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
adbusters_corporate_flag.gif

This better? It's probably more representational of what our country is really all about.

Last edited:

That's not an American flag, so there's nothing to be disgusted about.

§1. Flag; stripes and stars on
The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars, white in a blue field

§2. Same; additional stars
On the admission of a new State into the Union one star shall be added to the union of the flag; and such addition shall take effect on the fourth day of July then next succeeding such admission

There are no stars on the piece of cloth that you claim to be an American flag with Obama's face on it. Thus - it is NOT an American flag. Since its NOT an American flag, you can do whatever you want with it.

The thing flying above it IS, however, if you'd like to see what one looks like. Its also flying in the appropriate position - above all other flags.

Very true. It is not an American flag. I doubt it violates any codes.

It's just an Obama flag.

Which violates all sorts of impulses of people who don't like cults of personality.

How hard is that to understand?

§1. Flag; stripes and stars on
The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars, white in a blue field

§2. Same; additional stars
On the admission of a new State into the Union one star shall be added to the union of the flag; and such addition shall take effect on the fourth day of July then next succeeding such admission

There are no stars on the piece of cloth that you claim to be an American flag with Obama's face on it. Thus - it is NOT an American flag. Since its NOT an American flag, you can do whatever you want with it.

The thing flying above it IS, however, if you'd like to see what one looks like. Its also flying in the appropriate position - above all other flags.

It's just an Obama flag.

Which violates all sorts of impulses of people who don't like cults of personality.

I didn't know black people were a "cult of personality"

It's just an Obama flag.

I thought you, not capable of independent rational thought. As much as I would like to be disappointed, I'm not. You are consistent.

It's just an Obama flag.

Wow. It's a bigger challenge than I imagined.

I'm surprised the left hasn't made a push to have Obama's
image on all our currency...
Maybe they are saving that for after he gets another Nobel Prize.

Some Obama supporters are creepy, even four years later after Obama gave them that tingle up their leg.

Seriously, they act like a cult.

I was able to find a US flag made in the US (but the pole was made in China). But yeah it is hard to find one...very sad. Mine was made in one of the Carolinas (can't recall which one off the top of my head).

As for the Obama US flag-it's not in good taste. But I think that this is being blown out of proportion.

-The lady removed it after looking up the flag code.

-I guarantee that most people who fly the flag have violated the code before. If you don't bring it in at night (unless it has a light on it), leave it out during the rain/snow/hail/etc.-you're violating the code. There's plenty of provisions to it.

-None of them are law (to my knowledge), just good taste.

This will increase your knowledge;

Congress enacted the Flag Protection Act of 1989 to provide criminal
penalties for certain acts which violate the physical integrity of the flag.8 This law
imposed a fine and/or up to one year in prison for knowingly mutilating, defacing,
physically defiling, maintaining on the floor, or trampling upon any flag of the United
States. In 1990, however, the Supreme Court held that the Flag Protection Act was
unconstitutional as applied to a burning of the flag in a public protest.

http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/RL30243.p

It is Chapter 1 Title 4 of the United States Code (4 U.S.C. § 1 et seq). This is a U.S. federal law, but it is not widely enforced.

Also:

The flag should be displayed only between sunrise and sunset, although the Flag Code permits night time display "when a patriotic effect is desired." Similarly, the flag should be displayed only when the weather is fair, except when an all weather flag is displayed. (By presidential proclamation and law, the flag is displayed continuously at certain honored locations such as the United States Marine Corps Memorial in Arlington and Lexington Green.)

It should be illuminated if displayed at night.

I I were a younger man.....

Chunky-American-Flag-Bikini-682x1024.jpg

I'd give this young lady a stern talking to.

Yep,, I need to talk to this young lady about flag etiquette -- the union should be displayed to left of the observer. OTOH from behind...:eusa_silenced:

When displaying the flag against a wall, vertically or horizontally, the flag's union (stars) should be at the top, to the flag's own right, and to the observer's left.
USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette

That is just bad propaganda.

On the other hand, as long as the madcaps are not trying to replace our flag with the Obama flag, it can be construed as an attempt to make the president seem more nationalistic(Why they did not use more tradional images and props is beyond me. In such cases, a traditional approach is usually best)

I I were a younger man.....

Chunky-American-Flag-Bikini-682x1024.jpg

I'd give this young lady a stern talking to.

Yep,, I need to talk to this young lady about flag etiquette -- the union should be displayed to left of the observer. OTOH from behind...:eusa_silenced:

When displaying the flag against a wall, vertically or horizontally, the flag's union (stars) should be at the top, to the flag's own right, and to the observer's left.
USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette

Has it occured to you that in Pop culture, it is the "Image of the flag" and not the flag itself, that is being used.

I like to see the Vets try to take down her flag--No, really, I would!:D

I'm surprised the left hasn't made a push to have Obama's
image on all our currency...
Maybe they are saving that for after he gets another Nobel Prize.

At least presidents faces BELONG on our currency.

Yeah. But aren't the presidents supposed to be dead before they are so immortalized? I think the same applies for naming ships after presidents. Not so much buildings which can be identified by names of living people.

Forum List

Back