Obama on the flag? Seriously?

American_TEA_Party_Flag_25.jpg

I fired off an e-mail to FOX News with that attachment....I'm sure the outrage story will break in the next day or two.

If they're going to desecrate the flag, at least do it with someone relevant like an American Idol contestant, a Kardashian, a Survivor contestant, Lady Gaga, Whitney Houston, Scooby Doo, The White Sox mascot, etc.

My garsh

Do you find that flag acceptable? I sure don't, its as wrong as the obamaflag.

Justifying piss poor behavior and decision making by pointing to other bad decision making is very lame.

I think it's an attempt to showcase the selective outrage on display.

How am I being selective? I don't like either desecration of my country's flag.

I haven't seen anyone in here supporting other desecrations of the flag and I hope no one is trying to make excuses for any.

Justifying piss poor behavior and decision making by pointing to other bad decision making is very lame.

I haven't seen anyone in here supporting other desecrations of the flag and I hope no one is trying to make excuses for any.

I didn't mean you specifically, I'm just guessing there aren't threads devoted to the outrage of the examples shown here...aside from this one.

I didn't mean you specifically, I'm just guessing there aren't threads devoted to the outrage of the examples shown here...aside from this one.

I wonder if you are right, you may very well be. I'll search the forum for about 2 minutes and probably find nothing.

I wonder if you are right, you may very well be. I'll search the forum for about 2 minutes and probably find nothing.

Perhaps you'll find one, I didn't look. I was wrong once before.

Actually, I'm pretty indifferent to them. I consider this a form of free speech and artistry. I have no problem with either flag. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't fly either one of them in my front yard. But I'm not going to object to someone else doing so. Let's be clear on this, that was NOT an American flag with Obama's picture. The American flag has 13 stripes of red and white, and 50 white stars against a field of blue. That flag was an artistic rendering similar to the American flag in certain regards. Likewise, the Tea Party flag I posted is NOT an American flag. It's an artistic rendering with certain similarities. It's nothing more than patriotic art. It's no different than clothing that is similar to the American flag. Or, for that matter, Bud and Bud light displays in the beer cooler of your local grocery store that arrange the boxes in the rough image of a US flag. Or this picture, which could be seen as depicting a tattered flag.

free+patriotic+eagle+clipart.jpg

If I had the money, I'd probably try to buy this sweet ride off the current owner.

american_flag_fat_boy.jpg

What I do find objectionable is that it wasn't an issue to be discussed until it was Obama. All of a sudden, everyone's patriotic sensitivities are inflamed. Which really means that political sensitivities are what's really inflamed. To me, the flag is just a symbol. I whole heartedly reject the idolatry that many people put into the US flag. But I also strongly dislike when people use patriotism as a political pawn.

Last edited:
The flag symbolizes love of country. The Obamas have made clear on several ocassions they have issues on this count. Now this flag conveys Obama wrapping himself in love of country.

The vets have legit complaints as it is them that spill their blood to protect our right to fly the flag under the banner of freedom.

I didn't read the entire thread but I have to agree with them. And those pointing to campaign slogans in the shape of a flag need to get some perspective.

And ill be the first in line to ask that young lady to remove her sexualized image of our great flag! Jk of course

Actually, I'm pretty indifferent to them. I consider this a form of free speech and artistry. I have no problem with either flag. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't fly either one of them in my front yard. But I'm not going to object to someone else doing so. Let's be clear on this, that was NOT an American flag with Obama's picture. The American flag has 13 stripes of red and white, and 50 white stars against a field of blue. That flag was an artistic rendering similar to the American flag in certain regards. Likewise, the Tea Party flag I posted is NOT an American flag. It's an artistic rendering with certain similarities. It's nothing more than patriotic art. It's no different than clothing that is similar to the American flag. Or, for that matter, Bud and Bud light displays in the beer cooler of your local grocery store that arrange the boxes in the rough image of a US flag. Or this picture, which could be seen as depicting a tattered flag.

If I had the money, I'd probably try to buy this sweet ride off the current owner.

What I do find objectionable is that it wasn't an issue to be discussed until it was Obama. All of a sudden, everyone's patriotic sensitivities are inflamed. Which really means that political sensitivities are what's really inflamed. To me, the flag is just a symbol. I whole heartedly reject the idolatry that many people put into the US flag. But I also strongly dislike when people use patriotism as a political pawn.

I don't mind when people paint the flag on stuff like that, they aren't desecrating it. I do not like when people burn, step on, write on, cut up, or otherwise alter an actual USA flag.

Ooooooo! WANT!

Forum List

Back