Obama Planning On Pardoning Thousands Of Criminals

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Eric+Holder+Barack+Obama+National+Peace+Officers+wWg4aKlse-Il.jpg

Obama and Eric Holder have decided that the courts aren't working the way they like, so they intend on pardoning thousands of criminals in the next couple of years. Perhaps these criminals will make something of themselves, or they just may start shooting and robbing people.

One can only hope.

Maybe they can give them back their voting rights too.

Liz Goodwin of Yahoo News has just released a report about the executive pardoning system in Washington, and it looks like Obama’s getting set up to start cranking out clemency.

Goodwin reported that a senior official within the administration told her that with the way Obama and Holder are trying to revamp the system that “hundreds, perhaps thousands” of non-violent drug offenders could be pardoned by the President.

The report also said that during his second term Obama has spent time with his Attorney General looking in to the Office of the Pardon Attorney and how it appears to “reflexively reject” many petitions for a pardon. He and Holder are trying to devise a system that can more effectively handle large numbers of requests as a result.

She found that Holder has already composed a memo that describes a “more robust use of the pardon power” as an attempt to reform the criminal justice system, which both men believe to be inherently racist. To help enact their plan, Holder has requested seven new aides for his office and Obama has personally met with the attorneys within the Pardon Office to tell them to end the practice of rejecting pardon petitions so easily.

Obama is no stranger to letting criminals out of jail. Back when Congress failed to reach a deal and there was a temporary shutdown of the government he authorized the release of thousands of illegal aliens, and he’s also repeatedly made the claim that sentencing guidelines are racially biased to punish black offenders more harshly. So one could only expect that with this new streamlined process and nothing to lose by not facing reelection in 2016 that he’ll be passing out pardons as if it were going out of style. Obama And Holder To Pardon ?Thousands? Of Criminals : TellMeNow.com

I'm guessing it has something to do with our marijuana laws being completely fucking ridiculous and the "State" finally recognizing that. Finally.

Baby steps.

I'm guessing it has something to do with our marijuana laws being completely fucking ridiculous and the "State" finally recognizing that. Finally.

Baby steps.

Holder clearly stated it was to right the wrong of racist sentencing.......

Just like voter I.D.s are racist.........

It's a total rationalization to equal the scales of justice unilaterally.

I'm not mad at it.

I don't believe in our drug laws period. I don't care whatever seal coat they paint it with. It doesn't change my day.

I'm not mad at it.

I don't believe in our drug laws period. I don't care whatever seal coat they paint it with. It doesn't change my day.

I don't believe in our speeding laws either, but at the time if I was caught speeding I broke the law, no matter how unfair it may seem.

What Obama and Holder are doing is inserting racism where it doesn't exist and going ahead and righting imaginary wrongs through pardons, totally abusing the practice.

But, what else is new.

I suspect that Obama is literally capable of anything in his final years. We aren't safe as long as this racist American hating empty-suit remains in office.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...lemency-to-thousands-of-drug-criminals-3.html

well lookie here, repukaloids

It’s an odd couple: Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, a leader in the tea party movement, and Democratic Attorney General Eric Holder,

Despite their differences, the pair have formed a united front on the issue of eliminating mandatory minimum sentences for nonviolent drug offenders, according to The New York Times.

In 2010, Congress voted to change a 1986 law that disproportionately landed thousands of black offenders in prison for crack cocaine convictions while their mostly white counterparts nabbed with powder cocaine received more lenient terms. The disparity between the sentencing for the two drugs was reduced. The original law was enacted in the 1980s, when crack cocaine became a national epidemic.

As a result, according to The Times, black Americans are disproportionately represented in prisons. Both Holder and Paul want this remedied. Paul is supporting a bill, also supported by Holder and President Barack Obama, which is also sponsored by some of the most liberal Democrats in the chamber, Patrick Leahy of Vermont and Richard Durbin of Illinois.

Libertarian-leaning members of the GOP say hefty prison terms are "an ineffective and expensive way to address crime," The Times reported, and thus the bill also has the backing of other tea party leaders, such as Ted Cruz of Texas and Utah’s Mike Lee.

Paul predicts the bill will pass with support from at least half the Republicans in the Senate.

I'm not mad at it.

I don't believe in our speeding laws either, but at the time if I was caught speeding I broke the law, no matter how unfair it may seem.

What Obama and Holder are doing is inserting racism where it doesn't exist and going ahead and righting imaginary wrongs through pardons, totally abusing the practice.

But, what else is new.

I suspect that Obama is literally capable of anything in his final years. We aren't safe as long as this racist American hating empty-suit remains in office.

Your fear of Obama is irrational, always has been.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...lemency-to-thousands-of-drug-criminals-3.html

well lookie here, repukaloids

It’s an odd couple: Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, a leader in the tea party movement, and Democratic Attorney General Eric Holder,

Despite their differences, the pair have formed a united front on the issue of eliminating mandatory minimum sentences for nonviolent drug offenders, according to The New York Times.

In 2010, Congress voted to change a 1986 law that disproportionately landed thousands of black offenders in prison for crack cocaine convictions while their mostly white counterparts nabbed with powder cocaine received more lenient terms. The disparity between the sentencing for the two drugs was reduced. The original law was enacted in the 1980s, when crack cocaine became a national epidemic.

As a result, according to The Times, black Americans are disproportionately represented in prisons. Both Holder and Paul want this remedied. Paul is supporting a bill, also supported by Holder and President Barack Obama, which is also sponsored by some of the most liberal Democrats in the chamber, Patrick Leahy of Vermont and Richard Durbin of Illinois.

Libertarian-leaning members of the GOP say hefty prison terms are "an ineffective and expensive way to address crime," The Times reported, and thus the bill also has the backing of other tea party leaders, such as Ted Cruz of Texas and Utah’s Mike Lee.

Paul predicts the bill will pass with support from at least half the Republicans in the Senate.

Good. Our drugs laws are so fucking Neanderthal, especially if we are to be "free" and not governed by the state of what we should and shouldn't consume. poisons aside.

You may think this is fucked up but it's not nearly as fucked up as a country full of knee-jerk mandatory lengthy sentences for non violent offenses. Really the only people who should be upset are cheerleaders for the private for-profit prison industry. The courts have been feeding them a steady stream of inmates for a long time, it's time the pendulum swung back.

I'm not mad at it.

But, what else is new.

If you say so.

He's much worse than even I have stated.

He's dangerous because politics overrules common-sense.

Perfect example is how he continues to gut the military at the same time China and Russia are expanding. Suicide in my opinion. He considers conservatives a greater threat than a nuclear power overseas.

We have more people in prison than any other nation on earth. Mostly because of archaic drug laws that do not work

As a taxpayer, I am tired of paying to keep nonviolent offenders in prison. Time to start asking....is that really where they belong?

But, what else is new.

If you say so.

He's much worse than even I have stated.

He's dangerous because politics overrules common-sense.

Perfect example is how he continues to gut the military at the same time China and Russia are expanding. Suicide in my opinion. He considers conservatives a greater threat than a nuclear power overseas.

that should be your life motto for three months until you're cured

We have more people in prison than any other nation on earth. Mostly because of archaic drug laws that do not work

As a taxpayer, I am tired of paying to keep nonviolent offenders in prison. Time to start asking....is that really where they belong?

Yeah, let's get em out in the streets.....

What do you get when you have more criminals on the streets?

Answer: More crime.

The for-profit prison industry thanks you for your support.

That is what happens in most of the rest of the world. They are not overrun with raging drug fiends on Reefer Madness

Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States has the highest documented incarceration rate in the world (743 per 100,000 population), Russia has the second highest rate (577 per 100,000), followed by Rwanda (561 per 100,000).[8] As of year-end 2009 the USA rate was 743 adults incarcerated in prisons and jails per 100,000 population.[5][8] At year-end 2007 the United States had less than 5% of the world's population[32] and 23.4% of the world's prison and jail population (adult inmates).[9]

It does not appear that our justice system is working. Build more prisons!

Last edited:
Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States has the highest documented incarceration rate in the world (743 per 100,000 population), Russia has the second highest rate (577 per 100,000), followed by Rwanda (561 per 100,000).[8] As of year-end 2009 the USA rate was 743 adults incarcerated in prisons and jails per 100,000 population.[5][8] At year-end 2007 the United States had less than 5% of the world's population[32] and 23.4% of the world's prison and jail population (adult inmates).[9]

It does not appear that our justice system is working. Build more prisons!

After years of ridiculously draconian laws made just to satisfy a thirst by mainly conservative voters for politicians who are "tough on drugs" we are pretty much all at the mercy of the criminal justice system. Any one of us could potentially be planted with a small amount of drugs and our life as we know it will be over. Far too easy for cops to ruin people for stupid bullshit.

Forum List

Back