Obama promised to heal the nation, bridge the racial divide and transcend petty polit

Mac I understand your point. Even agree with it. However, IF Obama had done what you suggest (appeal directly to blacks to do better) it would have been no different than when he identified with Trayvon Martin by saying that the kid could have been his son.

The rethugs would have either made him a biggot for insinuating that blacks have some sort of problems that others don't have or they would have made him out as a racist for only worrying about blacks and their problems.

I think he (Obama) would have been in an indefensible position either way.

And the rethugs would have beaten him over the head for months with either position.
IMO.

Happy Easter to you and yours Mac.

Thanks Zeke, you too. Happy Bunny!

Your points are valid, but that's why I pointed out that this would have taken leadership and bravery. This was the guy who could have done it. And holy crap, if the GOP had fucked with him on this, that also may have played into their stereotypes even more than they already have.

I think the black population needs this desperately, and I don't know who else is going to provide it now.

Hell, my one and only black friend thinks they need it to. But it ain't gonna fix the problems. The problems are too deep and ingrained.

I mean, blacks are very good at a few things. Working a system and doing the least amount possible to get by. Those are learned behaviours from years of slavery, Jim Crowe laws and outright discrimination. I mean why work hard if you are not gonna be paid well or appreciated for your effort?

Black on black crime is unbelievable. However, killing another black man is how respect is made in the black community. And that is the only respect many of these young men will ever receive. For being a killer. Someone who didn't take no shit.

Same thing with working a system. Learned behaviour. One of the reasons blacks do so well in government systems is because they are protected from the private industries discrimination. As more and more laws protected blacks in govenment, they worked to hire more and more blacks. However they are not interested in improving the system they work under. They are interested in protecting their jobs.

In terms of the absent Dads. Most of those men are nothing more than sperm donors. They didn't have a dad and they are not interested in being a dad. Maybe that goes back to the old days as well when strong black men were lynched and families torn apart. Men leaving their families behind to find work. I don't really understand what needs to happen to keep them from abondoning their kids. And part of the blame goes to the young women who get pregnant just to start working the system. And black men know that if they father a child and don't help raise the child, that more than likely they state will be a better provider than they can be.

It is a mess for blacks in this country. And with no education, a felony record and no jobs that pay a living wage, it is not getting better for young black men anytime soon.

Blacks are good at a few things eh? Pretty bold statement. Care to indulge us on the few things blacks are good at?

Lol wow

Mac I understand your point. Even agree with it. However, IF Obama had done what you suggest (appeal directly to blacks to do better) it would have been no different than when he identified with Trayvon Martin by saying that the kid could have been his son.

The rethugs would have either made him a biggot for insinuating that blacks have some sort of problems that others don't have or they would have made him out as a racist for only worrying about blacks and their problems.

And the rethugs would have beaten him over the head for months with either position.
IMO.

Your points are valid, but that's why I pointed out that this would have taken leadership and bravery. This was the guy who could have done it. And holy crap, if the GOP had fucked with him on this, that also may have played into their stereotypes even more than they already have.

I think the black population needs this desperately, and I don't know who else is going to provide it now.

Hell, my one and only black friend thinks they need it to. But it ain't gonna fix the problems. The problems are too deep and ingrained.

I mean, blacks are very good at a few things. Working a system and doing the least amount possible to get by. Those are learned behaviours from years of slavery, Jim Crowe laws and outright discrimination. I mean why work hard if you are not gonna be paid well or appreciated for your effort?

Black on black crime is unbelievable. However, killing another black man is how respect is made in the black community. And that is the only respect many of these young men will ever receive. For being a killer. Someone who didn't take no shit.

Same thing with working a system. Learned behaviour. One of the reasons blacks do so well in government systems is because they are protected from the private industries discrimination. As more and more laws protected blacks in govenment, they worked to hire more and more blacks. However they are not interested in improving the system they work under. They are interested in protecting their jobs.

In terms of the absent Dads. Most of those men are nothing more than sperm donors. They didn't have a dad and they are not interested in being a dad. Maybe that goes back to the old days as well when strong black men were lynched and families torn apart. Men leaving their families behind to find work. I don't really understand what needs to happen to keep them from abondoning their kids. And part of the blame goes to the young women who get pregnant just to start working the system. And black men know that if they father a child and don't help raise the child, that more than likely they state will be a better provider than they can be.

It is a mess for blacks in this country. And with no education, a felony record and no jobs that pay a living wage, it is not getting better for young black men anytime soon.

You have written something here that will get you grief from both sides of the issue. Well done.

Pretty tough to judge Obama when the opposing party has proudly blocked so much of what he wanted to do.

[...]
There were critically important things he could have done which they could not have blocked, such as fire the remnants of the criminal Bush Administration, hire an honest Attorney General and direct him to investigate and prosecute the entire Bush crime family. The fact that he allowed them to walk away smiling means we can expect more of the same kind of well organized criminal activity from future Administrations, more military adventures for profit, more brazen looting of the treasury, and more perverse and corrupt conduct, a la Abu Ghraib, to further damage our reputation in the world.

Obama's failure to prosecute the Bush Administration for its many crimes has set a terrible precedent and is infinitely worse than Ford's pardoning of Richard Nixon. Obama will have long been gone when the results of his gross misfeasance become fully apparent. I believe his inexcusable failure to press for prosecution of what clearly were significant and glaringly obvious crimes makes him indirectly complicit in them.

What crimes?

So once in 2008 and once in 2009 he made comments about the points I raised?

That's not quite what I meant. I'd think such a critical issue would merit significant, sustained attention and effort. Especially from a President so clearly well-equipped to deal with the topic in a brave and articulate manner.

I think you made my point for me.

IMO.

If Obama wasn't always sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, then no one would have any reason to criticism him. The stupid turd just can't resist the compulsion to blame the white guy.

What is with you? Do you know what a troll is? You seem to think a troll is someone who asks questions that nutters have difficulty answering.

Has the GOP cooperated with President Obama? Simple.

Please...just respond to the question. If you answer "yes", please support your answer.

I'll be happy to take that one. Where is it written the GOP has to cooperate with the slime ball? There is no requirement to agree to stupid shit.

Exactly. It is not written anywhere that the opposing party MUST cooperate with the President. Good to see that at least one of you are willing to admit that there has been no cooperation coming from the GOP.

What follows?

There ya go, trying to put words in my mouth, I didn't say there has been no GOP cooperation, it has been limited and that street goes both ways. What follows, I guess that depends on how much more stupid shit your dear leader tries to push.

Suddenly this thread is about Bush? Typical weak ass diversions by the left
No. This thread is not about Bush. It is about Obama. But it is necessary to mention the influence the Bush Administration has had on the Nation and Obama's response to it in order to substantively examine the topic.

The point I tried to make is the performance of all U.S. presidents is discussed in relation to their predecessors. Reagan was actively compared to Carter, Clinton was compared to Reagan, Bush was compared to Clinton. And because it appears to many, both American and foreign, that George W. Bush was the worst president in America'a history, it logically follows that his successor is considered an improvement because he hasn't initiated any unnecessary, unlawful military adventures or wastefully looted the treasury.

Last edited:
No. This thread is not about Bush. It is about Obama. But it is necessary to mention the influence the Bush Administration has had on the Nation and Obama's response to it in order to substantively examine the topic.

The point I tried to make is the performance of all U.S. presidents is discussed in relation to their predecessors. Reagan was actively compared to Carter, Clinton was compared to Reagan, Bush was compared to Clinton. And because it appears to many, both American and foreign, that George W. Bush was the worst president in America'a history, it logically follows that his successor is considered an improvement because he hasn't initiated any unnecessary, unlawful military adventures or wastefully looted the treasury.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Uh, no.

Since the day OBarry took office, it has been about Bush. All we have heard from day one is "I inherited ......." and this clown has used that as his excuse for doing little to nothing since then, and he continues to make excuses for his incompetency on a daily basis.

I wasn't a Bush supporter, but to label him "the worst president in history" is ridiculous. By your logic, ..his successor is considered an improvement because he hasn't initiated any unnecessary, unlawful military adventures" more than proves my point. This "president" has done NOTHING to alleviate the economic maladies that have existed in this country since late 2008; a national condition brought on chiefly by YOUR party.

OBarry is doing what he does best. Playing a national version of the "victim" game that black leadership has done for a hundred years. Now, every citizen of the US is a victim and should just "give up" and "go along".

Once again, OBarry and the left can kiss my black ass.

IMO.

Glad you have a token black friend, most liberals do.

If BHO had sent the Bushies to prison to await war crimes tribunals, this country would have went up in flames.[...]
Jake, I strongly doubt that.

Once the investigations and televised prosecution commenced, and the public became increasingly aware of pertinent details revealing the fundamentally evil nature of the Bush Administration and the damage its crimes have done to this Nation, I believe opposition to punishing those responsible would gradually diminish to an insignificant level.

It already is astounding to many, Americans and foreigners alike, how a $40 million investigation of the Clinton blowjob can lead to an impeachment trial while conspiring to deceive the Nation into unnecessarily, unlawfully, and immorally invading and occupying a non-aggressive nation, at the cost of 4,400 American lives, countless innocent Iraqi lives, countless examples of maiming and disfigurement, and the utter waste, so far, of $1.7 trillion dollars, much of which has been brazenly stolen, hasn't even resulted in a simple misdemeanor charge being lodged.

To officially ignore this level of corruption and misfeasance in government is a de facto statement that our Nation's days are numbered. If our government can get away with the kind of crimes it clearly has perpetrated we are kidding ourselves to believe we can survive politically. America is going to be sold right out from under us.

Are you even capable of commenting without resorting to dishonesty and hyper-partisan nonsense? You're making a fool of yourself.

Who is dishonest? Who are the fools? What is partisan?

Are the dishonest the ones who point out that chubby jap hustlers have caused problems blowing powerful men since Delilah? Was it partisan for Gingrich, Livingston, et al, people doing worse things, to go after a mama's boy? Or are the dishonest the ones who deny unprovoked invasions of sovereign nations are in general regarded as war crimes?

Are the fools the ones who celebrate their taxes being spent defending shit-for-brains parasite nations from their own worst instincts? Is it partisan to question how the blood and tax money of US citizens is used? Or are the fools the ones who wonder why US blood and treasure are pissed down the drain in parasite nations?

Last edited:
I'll be happy to take that one. Where is it written the GOP has to cooperate with the slime ball? There is no requirement to agree to stupid shit.

Exactly. It is not written anywhere that the opposing party MUST cooperate with the President. Good to see that at least one of you are willing to admit that there has been no cooperation coming from the GOP.

What follows?

There ya go, trying to put words in my mouth, I didn't say there has been no GOP cooperation, it has been limited and that street goes both ways. What follows, I guess that depends on how much more stupid shit your dear leader tries to push.

Limited. What a load of shit.

What follows.....in this discussion.....is the failure of this fucking thread. The division has a cause.....and it ain't the POTUS.

What is with you? Do you know what a troll is? You seem to think a troll is someone who asks questions that nutters have difficulty answering.

Has the GOP cooperated with President Obama? Simple.

Please...just respond to the question. If you answer "yes", please support your answer.

What follows?

Obama has gotten everything he wanted don't let the crap he spews hit the fan. I can't think of one thing he has not gotten. And if the Republicans did stop them then praise them considering what he has gotten certainly can't be bragged about. Because if it could you wouldn't be making up stories about zero corporation.

What this is, is a case of what Obama has done isn't working out so the liberals create a story line about how if ONLY he could have done more, without really specifying what more. I think 6 trillion of debt on our grandchildren for shovel ready jobs that were not really ready is quite enough.

Last edited:

What follows?

Obama has gotten everything he wanted don't let the crap he spews hit the fan. I can't think of one thing he has not gotten. And if the Republicans did stop them then praise them considering what he has gotten certainly can't be bragged about. Because if it could you wouldn't be making up stories about zero corporation.

What this is, is a case of what Obama has done isn't working out so the liberals create a story line about how if ONLY he could have done more, without really specifying what more. I think 6 trillion of debt on our grandchildren for shovel ready jobs that were not really ready is quite enough.

You can't think of one thing, eh?

What illness do you have?

The President of the United States is a black man. We are more racially divided now than we were 60 years ago when black people could not vote.....let alone run for dog catcher.

Got it.

:eusa_drool:And until Ubama came out many of the black never even voted. They didn't vote on his policies they voted on his skin color. They were also lured in by Ubama by all his promises to them he knew he couldn't keep. BRAINWASHED.

well I do live in the real world and watch the news. and do remember when Clinton was getting impeached , he was on the phone with newt talking about how to make the U.S.A. strong. where as when the fiscal cliff was happening by all reports, Obama was on vacation in Hawaii........

LOL, thanks for the laugh! Where your citation for that? Secondly all that demonstrates is Clinton trying to save his own ass. Was President Obama not available by phone? In short, your answer is pretty lacking.

na, guess your at sleep at the wheel on Obama, your to blinded by his godliness to see how he divides us politically.

Yeah, you are one of those cookie cutter idiots. Can you name more than one policy of President Obama's I have agreed with?

What follows?

Limited. What a load of shit.

What follows.....in this discussion.....is the failure of this fucking thread. The division has a cause.....and it ain't the POTUS.

What ever.

Forum List

Back