Obama promised to heal the nation, bridge the racial divide and transcend petty polit

And look at us now. It's like we teleported back to the 70's.

They've brought back Disco?

disco-dancers-thumb613780.jpg

Well, no, Jimmy Carter didn't cause the REpublican Party to go apeshit insane.
He just fucked up the economy with his big government policies, only not as bad as our current Commie In Chief.

> suddenly this thread is about Bush - Gramps (20 yrs younger than this one)

Claiming Obama is a divider after eight years of juvenile decider followed by chinless McConell's first sentient statement in 2009 being his party's endorsement of Pigboy's statement 2/17/09 - three days BEFORE Obama took the oath:
So I’m thinking of replying to the guy, “Okay, I’ll send you a response, but I don’t need 400 words, I need four: I hope Obama fails.”
On 2/27/09 at CPAC convention of mindless lemming people chinless McConnell supported Pigboy's drug fueled (remember the dope addled bouncy boy pumping himself up to address his flock of human cattle?) hate mongering with this nugget:
I mean, let’s be honest. Who wants to hang out with guys like Paul Krugman and Robert Reich, when you can be with Rush Limbaugh!
As quick as it looked like nutballs might pillar-to-post their way back into some semblance of power in October, 2010, chinless McConnell upchucked this one onto America:
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president," McConnell said in the interview.
Not a word about the best bipartisan interests of the United States of America out of the nutball gaggle's senate guide-on in two years.

So much for the 'on the record' unifying behavior of the nutball gaggle that invaded two nations, helped criminals loot the investment industry, then gave Wall Street a free, unrestricted $800kkk kiss goodbye on their way out the door.

No one posting here has posted more specific, more objective, more well considered objections to Obama's aping of Republicans' malfeasant Wall Street bailout, his functionally supply-side stimulus (putting money in at the top) that - like Reagan's and all supply-side nonsense must - failed, wasting more than half a trillion propping up state and local government that - like Wall Street, NEEDED HOUSECLEANING (and, like Wall Street didn't get it), or the unconstitutionality of Obamacare. No. One.

But what we read is about Obama being a divider, when compared to the filthy lowlife cocksucking war mongering physical cowardly draft dodging motherfucking mama's boys, Junebug and Dickiless, preceding him, Obama is a marvel of bipartisan reason.

So, upon reading wild-eyed craziness like Obama being a 'divider' after eight years of the halfwit 'decider' followed by the scum of the earth like McConnell making it clear from the beginning that anti-American nutballs are way more focused on their shitty little party than the United States of America, well, that buys Obama a little slack from rational people.

Including people like me who think he is Junebug's 3d and 4th terms get a little tired of hearing and reading how bad he is (or to a lesser extent, how good he is) from the same filthy god damned corporatist scum who drove the USA into the dirt over the twenty-eight CONSECUTIVE years before Obama. It't a little bit like watching a very bad circus. A very bad circus.
Do yourself a favor. Seek some treatment for this blind rage you harbour inside of you. It only seeks to destroy you, while the rest of the world goes on living blind to your predicament. You give to much power over yourself to those who see the world differently. Having to make up lies and circumstances to continue to fuel this unreasoning need to have the whole world see things your way is what leads to mass murderers.

He just fucked up the economy with his big government policies, only not as bad as our current Commie In Chief.

Ummm.. yeah.

How did he do that, exactly?

Which "Big Government" policies did Jimmy Carter initiate, exactly?

You do realize we were in a recession- a pretty serious one- when Jimmy Carter took office, right? Mostly caused by the fact that government spending dropped like a rock when the Vietnam War finally came to an end.

Then we had a period of hyper-inflation. People went back to work, but then the Federal Reserve decided we needed to encourage unemployment to fight inflation.

CORRECT!!!!! He made the Democrat Party go quite insane.

Not really. Actually, I look at Jimmy Carter as a step back from the abyss. After taking a whooping in 1972 nominating a radical, the Dems nominated a conservative, Christian, Southern governor. Carter was even supported by the Moral Majority.

But honestly, little boy, you are pretty clueless as to what those times are like, and probably believe whatever Rush Limpballs tells you to think about them.

No, he didn't. The Economy was severely damaged when Carter took Office.

What you've been led to ignore is the fact that Jimmy Carter was a decent and honest man, which is why he was perceived by so many as incompetent and ineffective. The fact is he was simply a radical departure from the usual devious, self-serving politician and those clearly perceptible personal differences were misinterpreted as deficiencies.

If the American voters were sufficiently well-informed as to understand that Carter was doing his best to get the Nation back on the right track and give him a second term he might have achieved his goal. But such unfortunate events as the ill-fated attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran, which had absolutely nothing to do with Carter's capabilities, are what influence elections.

What is most significant is Ronald Reagan, the diametric opposite of Jimmy Carter, was able to deceptively exploit his skill as an actor to get over on the majority of Americans as he set about to enable the emerging corporatocracy and inflict damage on the Economy with his supply side, "trickle down" deception and the progression of deregulation, the ultimate effects of which was the recent near economic collapse.

To this day the majority of right-wing camp-followers have been conditioned to believe Reagan was a good president. They hate Jimmy Carter and they worship Ronald Reagan.

And look where it's gotten us.

Last edited:
Carter gave us double digit inflation, double digit unemployment, double digit interest rates, the Community Reinvestment Act (which led to the housing collapse), dealt with OPEC by putting a price freeze on gas at the retail level which drove independents out of business. Ever sat in a gas line?
He met with Soviet leader Brezhnev and kissed ass, then Brezhnev ordered the invasion of Afghanistan. When Carter called him on the hotline, Brezhnev wouldn't even talk to him. That's how much they respected Carter.
He attempted a hostage rescue in Iran, but ignored the advice of his military advisers. First, they kept telling him to do the rescue before the sand storms started, but he couldn't make up his mind to act. Then when he finally did, they told him to use combat helicopters. He used transports instead. They told him to leave the sand screens on, but he ordered them removed. Sand got in the engines and caused one to malfunction, then 2 of them collided, killing 8 of our servicemen. He was a fucking idiot and a disaster as a president.

Obama has a worse economy and is seeking power like Chavez(fdr). So why do you believe the republican party shouldn't be going ape shit over it?

Suddenly this thread is about Bush? Typical weak ass diversions by the left
No. This thread is not about Bush. It is about Obama. But it is necessary to mention the influence the Bush Administration has had on the Nation and Obama's response to it in order to substantively examine the topic.

The point I tried to make is the performance of all U.S. presidents is discussed in relation to their predecessors. Reagan was actively compared to Carter, Clinton was compared to Reagan, Bush was compared to Clinton. And because it appears to many, both American and foreign, that George W. Bush was the worst president in America'a history, it logically follows that his successor is considered an improvement because he hasn't initiated any unnecessary, unlawful military adventures or wastefully looted the treasury.

Uh, no.

Since the day OBarry took office, it has been about Bush. All we have heard from day one is "I inherited ......." and this clown has used that as his excuse for doing little to nothing since then, and he continues to make excuses for his incompetency on a daily basis.

I wasn't a Bush supporter, but to label him "the worst president in history" is ridiculous. By your logic, ..his successor is considered an improvement because he hasn't initiated any unnecessary, unlawful military adventures" more than proves my point. This "president" has done NOTHING to alleviate the economic maladies that have existed in this country since late 2008; a national condition brought on chiefly by YOUR party.

OBarry is doing what he does best. Playing a national version of the "victim" game that black leadership has done for a hundred years. Now, every citizen of the US is a victim and should just "give up" and "go along".

Once again, OBarry and the left can kiss my black ass.
Review what I've had to say about Obama in this thread and I think you'll find I am not a fan of either him or his performance. If I must choose a single word which I feel best describes Obama that word is slick. He is as shifty a con artist as ever graced the American political landscape. But having said that I will repeat that I still regard him as an improvement over Bush -- mainly for the reason I stated.

Obama is far from admirable as President. But he has done nothing which comes close to George W. Bush's absolutely criminal conspiring to maneuver this Nation into invading and occupying Iraq, which is nothing less than an egregious war crime -- an act which if properly prosecuted could lead to his being hanged. And if that seems rather severe to you, I doubt if any of the surviving loved ones of the 4,400 GIs who died because of Bush's greed-based manipulation would agree.

So by virtue of the fact that Obama compares with Bush the way Asthma compares with lung cancer it may be said that Obama is an improvement.

r331987_1498356.jpg

But by no means do I believe there is significant difference between them in terms of ethics, basic honesty, or political altruism.

I like how these threads are never based on anything more than bitching of old out of touch obsolete people. This thread is meritless.

And after Republicans tried SO hard to work with Obama all these years too.
The Republicans’ Plan for the New President | Inside Obama?s Presidency | FRONTLINE | PBS
[Video at link]
On the night of Barack Obama’s inauguration, a group of top GOP luminaries quietly gathered in a Washington steakhouse to lick their wounds and ultimately create the outline of a plan for how to deal with the incoming administration.

“The room was filled. It was a who’s who of ranking members who had at one point been committee chairmen, or in the majority, who now wondered out loud whether they were in the permanent minority,” Frank Luntz, who organized the event, told FRONTLINE.

Among them were Senate power brokers Jim DeMint, Jon Kyl and Tom Coburn, and conservative congressmen Eric Cantor, Kevin McCarthy and Paul Ryan.

After three hours of strategizing, they decided they needed to fight Obama on everything. The new president had no idea what the Republicans were planning.

Tonight’s film, Inside Obama’s Presidency, explores the behind-the-scenes story of his first four years. With inside accounts from his battles with his Republican opponents over health care and the economy to his dramatic expansion of targeted killings of enemies, FRONTLINE examines the president’s key decisions and the experiences that will inform his second term.

Watch the film online or check your local listings to find out when it will be broadcast on your local station. Until then, read our discussion with six leading journalists who weigh in on President Obama’s first term. Has he been the transformative president he wanted to be?

He never intended to heal anything, he wanted to nurture the disease and drive a wedge between the races, genders, and religions. In those areas, he has been a huge success.

Yet amazingly overwhelming majorities of these groups all deciced to re-elect him. He didn't get the angry white dude vote..they remain united.

He never intended to heal anything, he wanted to nurture the disease and drive a wedge between the races, genders, and religions. In those areas, he has been a huge success.

Bingo!

Obarry is no fool. Quite honestly, he is extremely intelligent. How else could this man come from nowhere, never accomplish anything, and the next thing you know, he is president of the United States?

I truly believe that this has been his plan from day one - to divide; and he has done yeoman's work of it. This country is not necessarily "more divided" than it has ever been but it is definitely more polarized than it has ever been.

He has taken every pussy group out there and has rallied them against conservatives to the point that it (literally) feels like "us against them". We are on the verge of a "societal" war rather than a "civil" war.

Yeah and Conservatives applauding "self deportation", calling Hispanics "wetbacks" and claiming that pregancy cannot stem from rape had nothing to do with people rallying against them?

Well, the last election showed that a large majority of Jewish, Asian, Hispanic, Black, and possibly Native Americans, and approx 43% of Whites voted for President Obama over the republican candidate. That sounds like an excellent coalition and a nice bridge of many racial groups.

How do you feel that we have been "teleported back to the 1970's?

Just watch any news media or read a vast majority of the threads here. We are overwhelmed with racial bullshit and it's not positive. Crackee this and nigga that... wtf? I don't remember race ever being this divisive an issue in my adult life.

:eek:

If you re-read your post slowly...you may see the problem with the GOP. Of course YOU never saw race as being an issue....

PS: Fuzzy Zeller says hi from the dustbin of history.

Forum List

Back