Obama promised to heal the nation, bridge the racial divide and transcend petty polit

Suddenly this thread is about Bush? Typical weak ass diversions by the left
No. This thread is not about Bush. It is about Obama. But it is necessary to mention the influence the Bush Administration has had on the Nation and Obama's response to it in order to substantively examine the topic.

The point I tried to make is the performance of all U.S. presidents is discussed in relation to their predecessors. Reagan was actively compared to Carter, Clinton was compared to Reagan, Bush was compared to Clinton. And because it appears to many, both American and foreign, that George W. Bush was the worst president in America'a history, it logically follows that his successor is considered an improvement because he hasn't initiated any unnecessary, unlawful military adventures or wastefully looted the treasury.

Uh, no.

Since the day OBarry took office, it has been about Bush. All we have heard from day one is "I inherited ......." and this clown has used that as his excuse for doing little to nothing since then, and he continues to make excuses for his incompetency on a daily basis.

I wasn't a Bush supporter, but to label him "the worst president in history" is ridiculous. By your logic, ..his successor is considered an improvement because he hasn't initiated any unnecessary, unlawful military adventures" more than proves my point. This "president" has done NOTHING to alleviate the economic maladies that have existed in this country since late 2008; a national condition brought on chiefly by YOUR party.

OBarry is doing what he does best. Playing a national version of the "victim" game that black leadership has done for a hundred years. Now, every citizen of the US is a victim and should just "give up" and "go along".

Once again, OBarry and the left can kiss my black ass.

The economic maladies that beset this country are a direct consequence of 30 years of Reaganomics and two unfunded wars brought on by Bush. Obama didn't create these conditions, but the right wants to pin all the blame on him. If Bush isn't the worst president in US history, I'd be hard pressed to think of another.

Obama can't correct everything all by himself. Nobody can. It is hard to put out a fire when the arsonists keep pouring gas on it.

No. This thread is not about Bush. It is about Obama. But it is necessary to mention the influence the Bush Administration has had on the Nation and Obama's response to it in order to substantively examine the topic.

The point I tried to make is the performance of all U.S. presidents is discussed in relation to their predecessors. Reagan was actively compared to Carter, Clinton was compared to Reagan, Bush was compared to Clinton. And because it appears to many, both American and foreign, that George W. Bush was the worst president in America'a history, it logically follows that his successor is considered an improvement because he hasn't initiated any unnecessary, unlawful military adventures or wastefully looted the treasury.

Uh, no.

Since the day OBarry took office, it has been about Bush. All we have heard from day one is "I inherited ......." and this clown has used that as his excuse for doing little to nothing since then, and he continues to make excuses for his incompetency on a daily basis.

I wasn't a Bush supporter, but to label him "the worst president in history" is ridiculous. By your logic, ..his successor is considered an improvement because he hasn't initiated any unnecessary, unlawful military adventures" more than proves my point. This "president" has done NOTHING to alleviate the economic maladies that have existed in this country since late 2008; a national condition brought on chiefly by YOUR party.

OBarry is doing what he does best. Playing a national version of the "victim" game that black leadership has done for a hundred years. Now, every citizen of the US is a victim and should just "give up" and "go along".

The economic maladies that beset this country are a direct consequence of 30 years of Reaganomics and two unfunded wars brought on by Bush. Obama didn't create these conditions, but the right wants to pin all the blame on him. If Bush isn't the worst president in US history, I'd be hard pressed to think of another.

Obama can't correct everything all by himself. Nobody can. It is hard to put out a fire when the arsonists keep pouring gas on it.

You're right about Obama correcting things by himself.
However, you're incorrect about it being tied only to Republican presidents. Reagan famously said that he signed every balanced budget Congress sent him--not that he was working hard for a balanced budget.

You're not alone in this partisan bickering.

When will people come to grips that both parties deserve extensive blame for the fiscal house being totally shambolic if that is a word. It will take drastic measures to even get the ship back on course much less return us into some sort of positive economic climate.

Don't be fooled by reducing unemployement; as NPR reported--you know the guys who are supposedly in Obama's pocket--the number of disabled Americans has doubled in the last 15 years to 14,000,000 people. This includes people who claim disability for having hypertension and type 2 diabetes. It was estimated that this costs us over $250B every year. People are being moved from unemployment to disability and they stay there literally until they die. Checks are usually $1,000+ a month.

Did Obama create this? No. Actually Clinton did with the help from the GOP congress. Bush did little about it too.

I hear you, runaway spending became fashionable during Reagan's terms but the fashions were ones the Democratic presidents wore well too ya know.

Well, no, Jimmy Carter didn't cause the REpublican Party to go apeshit insane.
He just fucked up the economy with his big government policies, only not as bad as our current Commie In Chief.
No, he didn't. The Economy was severely damaged when Carter took Office.

What you've been led to ignore is the fact that Jimmy Carter was a decent and honest man, which is why he was perceived by so many as incompetent and ineffective. The fact is he was simply a radical departure from the usual devious, self-serving politician and those clearly perceptible personal differences were misinterpreted as deficiencies.

If the American voters were sufficiently well-informed as to understand that Carter was doing his best to get the Nation back on the right track and give him a second term he might have achieved his goal. But such unfortunate events as the ill-fated attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran, which had absolutely nothing to do with Carter's capabilities, are what influence elections.

Carter was an ineffective president because he was unable to rally the American people.

he was a president whose party controlled both houses of Congress and he got very little done.

Now, to a degree, some of these things were beyond his control. After Watergate,the institution of the presidency was severely diminished. The Economy was a god-awful mess when he took office.

I should also point out that after the Iran rescue debacle, Carter's popularity went up. It allowed him to put the final nail in the coffin of Ted Kennedy.

Carter's true failing was his own party didn't want him after a certain point.

Uh, no.

You're right. OBarry didn't "create" the conditions that spawned this mess. However, in the short time he spent ripping the off the taxpayers of Chicago as he "readied" his presidential campaign, he voted "present" more times than he voted "yea" or "nay". This is the mark of a coward.

Again, you are right. He can't correct this by himself. As much as he'd love to be High Potentate, he is not. It is HIS responsibility to work with the legislative branch of government to find solutions - not DICTATE what they should do.

Ask Ronald Reagan and Speaker of the House O'Neil. 2 people, diametrically opposed, on opposite sides of the political spectrum who learned to work together for the common good. No, OBarry is in office for one reason and one reason ONLY - to destroy the right.

Again, a coward.

Carter gave us double digit inflation, double digit unemployment, double digit interest rates, the Community Reinvestment Act (which led to the housing collapse), dealt with OPEC by putting a price freeze on gas at the retail level which drove independents out of business. Ever sat in a gas line?
He met with Soviet leader Brezhnev and kissed ass, then Brezhnev ordered the invasion of Afghanistan. When Carter called him on the hotline, Brezhnev wouldn't even talk to him. That's how much they respected Carter.
He attempted a hostage rescue in Iran, but ignored the advice of his military advisers. First, they kept telling him to do the rescue before the sand storms started, but he couldn't make up his mind to act. Then when he finally did, they told him to use combat helicopters. He used transports instead. They told him to leave the sand screens on, but he ordered them removed. Sand got in the engines and caused one to malfunction, then 2 of them collided, killing 8 of our servicemen. He was a fucking idiot and a disaster as a president.

I don't want to defend Jimmy Carter, because he WAS an ineffective President, but let's look at your list of indictments here.

Double Digit inflation- Inflation was pretty bad under Ford as well. I guess you don't remember "WIN" buttons. I do.

Unemployment never hit double digits on Carter's watch. It did on Reagan's. In fact, the highest it ever got on Carter's watch was 7.8% in July, 1980.

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Double Digit Interest Rates- had a lot more to do with keeping up with the inflation that he inherited from Ford.

CRA- Sorry, man, I know that it's one of those right wing fantasies that the CRA caused the Great Recession, but it was really an unregulated banking industry selling bad mortgages as investments. Nothing to do with that at all.

Gas Crisis- That started in 1974, when OPEC realized after the Yom Kippur War that they had the west by the balls and weren't going to put up with any more of our shit. Here's the key thing. Carter was the guy who wanted to ween us off petroleum, but once you got Reagan and the Bushes in there, America was Amy Winehouse leaving rehab!

Breshnev and Afghanistan- The biggest problem there was we made a big deal about that at all. We should have been CELEBRATING that the USSR was willing to crush Jihadists, given they've been nothing but a pain in our backsides. Instead we gave that Bin Laden kid a shitload of weapons and wondered why he turned on us 20 years later.

For the Iran rescue mission. Again, I'm really wondering if you were too young to remember. The problem was that this was all of 4 years after Vietnam ended. Americans weren't keen on resuming a draft or fighting another war at that point.

ANd if you really think Carter was making the calls on what kind of helicopters to use or their sand-screens, you are delusional. It was the commanders on the ground who asked for permssion to abort the mission after three of the helos failed. (Only one due to sand). It was after the abort mission order was given that things got really messed up.

Now I think Carter WAS an ineffective president because we wanted to elect the most ineffectual guy we could. After LBJ and Nixon, Americans were pretty sick of the Imperial Presidency and wanted someone who would defer to Congress.

Carter's greatest crime was being what we wanted him to be.

He never intended to heal anything, he wanted to nurture the disease and drive a wedge between the races, genders, and religions. In those areas, he has been a huge success.

Bingo!

Obarry is no fool. Quite honestly, he is extremely intelligent. How else could this man come from nowhere, never accomplish anything, and the next thing you know, he is president of the United States?

I truly believe that this has been his plan from day one - to divide; and he has done yeoman's work of it. This country is not necessarily "more divided" than it has ever been but it is definitely more polarized than it has ever been.

He has taken every pussy group out there and has rallied them against conservatives to the point that it (literally) feels like "us against them". We are on the verge of a "societal" war rather than a "civil" war.

Yeah and Conservatives applauding "self deportation", calling Hispanics "wetbacks" and claiming that pregancy cannot stem from rape had nothing to do with people rallying against them?

Here's a clue for you, my ignorant friend. The term "Wetback" goes back to the time of John Steinbeck and probably longer, but became popular during the presidency of Dwight D Eisenhower when he ordered "operation Wetback" in 1954 to round up and deport illegal Mexicans back to Mexico.

Good enough term for a president - good enough for me.

[

Here's a clue for you, my ignorant friend. The term "Wetback" goes back to the time of John Steinbeck and probably longer, but became popular during the presidency of Dwight D Eisenhower when he ordered "operation Wetback" in 1954 to round up and deport illegal Mexicans back to Mexico.

That's like saying it's okay to call Japanese people "Japs" because that's what we called them in WWII.

That's like saying that it's okay to call black folks by the "N-Word" because Mark Twain used the word in Huckleberry Finn.

The very fact that a GOP Congressman could blurt out this word openly today is a large part of the problem with the GOP.

Carter gave us double digit inflation, double digit unemployment, double digit interest rates, the Community Reinvestment Act (which led to the housing collapse), dealt with OPEC by putting a price freeze on gas at the retail level which drove independents out of business. Ever sat in a gas line?
He met with Soviet leader Brezhnev and kissed ass, then Brezhnev ordered the invasion of Afghanistan. When Carter called him on the hotline, Brezhnev wouldn't even talk to him. That's how much they respected Carter.
He attempted a hostage rescue in Iran, but ignored the advice of his military advisers. First, they kept telling him to do the rescue before the sand storms started, but he couldn't make up his mind to act. Then when he finally did, they told him to use combat helicopters. He used transports instead. They told him to leave the sand screens on, but he ordered them removed. Sand got in the engines and caused one to malfunction, then 2 of them collided, killing 8 of our servicemen. He was a fucking idiot and a disaster as a president.

I don't want to defend Jimmy Carter, because he WAS an ineffective President, but let's look at your list of indictments here.

Double Digit inflation- Inflation was pretty bad under Ford as well. I guess you don't remember "WIN" buttons. I do.

Unemployment never hit double digits on Carter's watch. It did on Reagan's. In fact, the highest it ever got on Carter's watch was 7.8% in July, 1980.

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Double Digit Interest Rates- had a lot more to do with keeping up with the inflation that he inherited from Ford.

CRA- Sorry, man, I know that it's one of those right wing fantasies that the CRA caused the Great Recession, but it was really an unregulated banking industry selling bad mortgages as investments. Nothing to do with that at all.

Gas Crisis- That started in 1974, when OPEC realized after the Yom Kippur War that they had the west by the balls and weren't going to put up with any more of our shit. Here's the key thing. Carter was the guy who wanted to ween us off petroleum, but once you got Reagan and the Bushes in there, America was Amy Winehouse leaving rehab!

Breshnev and Afghanistan- The biggest problem there was we made a big deal about that at all. We should have been CELEBRATING that the USSR was willing to crush Jihadists, given they've been nothing but a pain in our backsides. Instead we gave that Bin Laden kid a shitload of weapons and wondered why he turned on us 20 years later.

For the Iran rescue mission. Again, I'm really wondering if you were too young to remember. The problem was that this was all of 4 years after Vietnam ended. Americans weren't keen on resuming a draft or fighting another war at that point.

ANd if you really think Carter was making the calls on what kind of helicopters to use or their sand-screens, you are delusional. It was the commanders on the ground who asked for permssion to abort the mission after three of the helos failed. (Only one due to sand). It was after the abort mission order was given that things got really messed up.

Now I think Carter WAS an ineffective president because we wanted to elect the most ineffectual guy we could. After LBJ and Nixon, Americans were pretty sick of the Imperial Presidency and wanted someone who would defer to Congress.

Carter's greatest crime was being what we wanted him to be.
I was 30 years old when I helped remove Carter from office. YOU are the one who is delusional, as well as in denial, or perhaps you weren't there. Inflation was 4% under Ford. It topped out at around 17% under Carter, and the one smart thing he did was to appoint Paul Volker to the Federal Reserve, who slowed down the printing presses and tightened up on the money supply to stop inflation. Strong medicine but necessary, and the result was a deep recession. Reagan was the one who got us out of it. Carter was, and still is, a complete fool. He's also a very bitter man, but I guess that has something to do with his crushing defeat in the 1980 election. LOL

[

That's like saying it's okay to call Japanese people "Japs" because that's what we called them in WWII.

That's like saying that it's okay to call black folks by the "N-Word" because Mark Twain used the word in Huckleberry Finn.

The very fact that a GOP Congressman could blurt out this word openly today is a large part of the problem with the GOP.
The last elected official I recall using the N word was Robert Byrd, a Democrat. The one who was a KKK member, the one who filibustered the Civil Rights Act. You remember him, the racist Democrat Senate Majority Leader.

The more that I see of black violence and destruction of our society without opposition within the community...The more I come to the conclusion that we can't work with these people.

They're not serious about working with white people. They just wish to blame, blame and blame some more as their children kill, rape and destroy. I'm sorry as I truly don't want to dislike blacks, but the final salt in the wound is calling me racist for opposing liberalism(Obama) or for holding a opinion. Sorry, that's bull shit. Then you go around flash mobbing and beating whites?

No, there takes two to make peace. I won't have a one sided peace.

Last edited:
[
I was 30 years old when I helped remove Carter from office. YOU are the one who is delusional, as well as in denial, or perhaps you weren't there. Inflation was 4% under Ford. It topped out at around 17% under Carter, and the one smart thing he did was to appoint Paul Volker to the Federal Reserve, who slowed down the printing presses and tightened up on the money supply to stop inflation. Strong medicine but necessary, and the result was a deep recession. Reagan was the one who got us out of it. Carter was, and still is, a complete fool. He's also a very bitter man, but I guess that has something to do with his crushing defeat in the 1980 election. LOL

It has to do more with watching a washed up actor take credit for the hard decisions he had to make.

But, yeah, Carter inherited a bad situation from Nixon and Ford.

U.S. Consumer Price Inflation Under Different Presidencies ? Currency Thoughts

Of the eight presidencies during 1961-2000, the three with the lowest per annum rate of inflation belonged to the other three Democrats: Kennedy (1.1%), Clinton (2.6%) and Johnson (2.9%). Those presidencies consumed 16 years, four times the length of Carter’s term when consumer prices increased 10.4% per annum. Two of the Republicans, Ford (7.0% per annum) and Nixon (6.2%), had pretty dreadful inflation records.

Another way to rate the inflation track records of each president is by the difference in the inflation he inherited upon taking power and the rate when he left office. The least effective guardian of the dollar from that standpoint was the Nixon presidency, which entered office in January 1969 when inflation was 4.4% and left in August 1974 with a CPI rate of 11.9%. By comparison, inflation under Carter climbed by 6.6 percentage points from 5.2% in January 1977 to 11.8% in January 1981.

What really angers me is to see Obama come out for just his people against the law. I thought he was the president of all the people? I guess he's wanting to see a lot more rioting and violence in our streets. Fucking bastard.

OP- It turns out he has to break the power of the greedy idiot megarich over the "no compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME) AND the bought off Pub propaganda Machine to get the dupes back to reality and Americanism. And he's doing it...thank god.

OP- It turns out he has to break the power of the greedy idiot megarich over the "no compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME) AND the bought off Pub propaganda Machine to get the dupes back to reality and Americanism. And he's doing it...thank god.

So the way forward is doing what Castro or Chavez did? Is this what you believe in?

[

I'll say this one more time. I have been called ****** for the last 68 years. 90% of the time by (1) democrats and (2) by members of my own race. It doesn't bother me.

I have never "knowingly" been called ****** by a conservative.

You can take your PC crap and shove it.

#154- WTF? You believe a lot of brainwashed BS, chump of the greedy rich. See sig for what you're not told, and the BS you are. No commies involved AT ALL. Our health system is an over priced cruel disgrace, Obama passed a GOP style reform against their total mindless obstruction, and you believe it's communism. You're a functional idiot at this point, dupe.

Last edited:
[

I'll say this one more time. I have been called ****** for the last 68 years. 90% of the time by (1) democrats and (2) by members of my own race. It doesn't bother me.

That's funny, because I'm surrounded by rural GOP who talk about , and joke about, them with that word all the time. And I've never heard a Dem/Progressive do it, ever. I doubt you seriously.

That's funny, because I'm surrounded by rural GOP who talk about , and joke about, them with that word all the time. And I've never heard a Dem/Progressive do it, ever. I doubt you seriously.

Doubt all you want. Means nothing to me.

#154- WTF? You believe a lot of brainwashed BS, chump of the greedy rich. See sig for what you're not told, and the BS you are. No commies involved AT ALL. Our health system is an over priced cruel disgrace, Obama passed a GOP style reform against their total mindless obstruction, and you believe it's communism. You're a functional idiot at this point, dupe.

The only functional idiots are those that believe ANYTHING sponsored by the Government excepting War is good.....Moron....do you NOT GET IT.......

Our country was founded on the principle that each man takes care of himself and family.....not government.....you pathetic dweeb.......

Obamcare is not and cannot be paid for......It is absurd.....

It is NOT MY JOB to be forced by piss ants to pay for YOUR GD healthcare.....If I choose to do it out of compassion from my OWN money at my OWN decision.....a good thing....

Get a F####### job you loser.

[

That wasn't your argument, guy. (You're claiming to be black this week?) Your argument was that it was okay for the mouth-breather from Alaska to call Mexicans "Wetbacks" because 60 years ago, people said that all the time.

Forum List

Back