Obama "Reject Voices Warning of Government Tyranny"?

Ok, let's assume for the moment that you frightened ninnies are right. Let's suppose that we really are on the brink of a sudden and cataclysmic Obama dictatorship.

What do you propose to do about it? You're all worked up into a lather about it, so surely you have plan....don't you?

We should do what we do WHENEVER a President's ego threatens the Constitution...slap him down. This isn't something new. It's happened many times in the past. Read up on FDR trying to pack the Supreme Court. When Presidents overstep they have to be reined in. If Obama was in any way involved in the IRS scandal than he needs to get taken to the woodshed. And I'm not speaking about impeachment. I'm simply saying that if he WAS involved that Democrats in Congress need to join with Republicans to send a clear message that using the IRS for political gamesmanship isn't something that will be tolerated NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE OVAL OFFICE!!!
I disagree. If they can show that Obama knew about this, he should GO! Once something like this happens, he cannot be trusted again. We owe him NOTHING. We cannot allow anyone to be above the law, even the first black president.

if Barry didn't know about this, then Nixon found out about his scandal on Television watching Walter Cronkite. (I think his news program aired right after "Hogans Heroes") Im pretty sure Nixon watched Hogans Heroes !!! lol.

Ok, let's assume for the moment that you frightened ninnies are right. Let's suppose that we really are on the brink of a sudden and cataclysmic Obama dictatorship.

What do you propose to do about it? You're all worked up into a lather about it, so surely you have plan....don't you?

Why should we assume that? As far as I know only a few radical nuts are trying to argue that, and most of them are in bed already. This is not about Obama, despite your attempt to redefine the argument. Tyrants do not come to power in vacuums, they have to have power structure in existence to support them, especially in a country as large as this one. Caligula could not have prostituted the wives of the Roman Senate if Julius had not decided he was a god. The fact that you are a blind idiot does not change history.

Obama’s ‘mistake’ was to not be more blunt and clear.

He should have said: “Don’t listen to the lies and hysteria of the radical, partisan right, as they preach only fear and hate motivated by some perceived political gain.”

Don't listen to the right when they tell you the IRS is targeting conservative groups, they are paranoid.

Only problem with that argument is it actually happened.

Still blowing hot air, I see, but no plan of action. Just blow some more hot air.

We are NOT on the brink of a "sudden and cataclysmic Obama dictatorship" and I don't believe for one moment that anyone here has stated that.

We ARE, however, on a path that will, at some point present the opening that the left has been praying for since its inception. An opening that will allow them to make the wholesale changes that will lead to our demise as a country, a nation and a people. But all things must come on a step-by-step basis. No American would tolerate a coup by the left in the middle of the night. As Kruschev stated "We will destroy your country and will never fire a shot".

Obama is nothing more than that next "logical" step in the progression. They started years ago with the assault on the family. Making it "open season" on Christianity, while embracing every popular perversion in society, tearing down the moral fabric of the nation. Then came the ridicule of patriotism. Next was the stripping of States rights. Along the way, the Federal Government implemented the"Department of Education" and it's massive unfunded mandates to the states. Now, we have a largely unionized workforce of teachers that believe that they are the Mothers and Fathers of our children and "suspend" children for playing "Army" with their classmates.

Everyday we hear the left calling for "getting rid of" or "doing away with this outdated document, or that outdated document" Our children are taught that our Founding Fathers were evil, no good and worthless men who founded this country for their own personal gain. I know. It happened in my Granddaughters elementary school.

Old guy - I don't have a clue how old you are. I am 68. If you can honestly, and without hesitation, tell me that this is the America you grew up in, then I will say "good for you".

This is NOT the country that I grew up in.

I'm 63 and, no, this isn't the America I grew up in. Why should it be? It's been more than half a century since I was a child and, yeah, things have changed. Nothing remains static and it's foolish to presume a whole country will. Heck, it's foolish to assume it SHOULD.

We are NOT on the brink of a "sudden and cataclysmic Obama dictatorship" and I don't believe for one moment that anyone here has stated that.

We ARE, however, on a path that will, at some point present the opening that the left has been praying for since its inception. An opening that will allow them to make the wholesale changes that will lead to our demise as a country, a nation and a people. But all things must come on a step-by-step basis. No American would tolerate a coup by the left in the middle of the night. As Kruschev stated "We will destroy your country and will never fire a shot".

Obama is nothing more than that next "logical" step in the progression. They started years ago with the assault on the family. Making it "open season" on Christianity, while embracing every popular perversion in society, tearing down the moral fabric of the nation. Then came the ridicule of patriotism. Next was the stripping of States rights. Along the way, the Federal Government implemented the"Department of Education" and it's massive unfunded mandates to the states. Now, we have a largely unionized workforce of teachers that believe that they are the Mothers and Fathers of our children and "suspend" children for playing "Army" with their classmates.

Everyday we hear the left calling for "getting rid of" or "doing away with this outdated document, or that outdated document" Our children are taught that our Founding Fathers were evil, no good and worthless men who founded this country for their own personal gain. I know. It happened in my Granddaughters elementary school.

Old guy - I don't have a clue how old you are. I am 68. If you can honestly, and without hesitation, tell me that this is the America you grew up in, then I will say "good for you".

Thank goodness.

America is greater now than at any time in its history; more Americans enjoy greater freedom now than at any time in our history – and the best America is yet to come.

The America you grew up in was one of segregation, fear, and ignorance.

It took decades for millions of Americans to have their civil liberties acknowledged and recognized in the courts and at the ballot box.

You and other reactionaries will fail to drag this Nation back to a time of hate and discrimination.

Thank goodness.

America is greater now than at any time in its history; more Americans enjoy greater freedom now than at any time in our history – and the best America is yet to come.

It took decades for millions of Americans to have their civil liberties acknowledged and recognized in the courts and at the ballot box.

You and other reactionaries will fail to drag this Nation back to a time of hate and discrimination.
And as long as it's YOUR team who's doing the discriminating, you're ok with it.

Still blowing hot air, I see, but no plan of action. Just blow some more hot air.

The plan of action is rather simple – stop voting for the idiots that make up the general ‘candidate’ we have been seeing lately. In all reality, that essentially means to stop voting for the 2 main parties or, in the best case scenario, change those parties from within. Start supporting candidates that actually represent the people and freedom. Roll the government back and scale it down to something more reasonable. Eliminate the governmental dependence and welfare that is not necessary. Stop being the nanny and the world police and instead allow people to care for themselves.

What? Were you expecting armed insurrection?

That is mostly what your problem is. Your statement about the ‘cataclysmic Obama dictatorship’ and referring to people as ‘frightened ninnies’ reveals your true problem: straw men. That is not what the people in this thread have been talking about or even remotely hinting at. You are seeing what you want to see; crazy where there is none. They are speaking about the very real slide away from freedom and toward servitude. We are in the beginning stages but that slide is one that is very hard to recover from once it starts. Early stages are stages that still allow you to work within the system. I hope like hell that it will be enough because tyranny might only be a single generation away at this point. I hope that in 30 years my son will still have the freedoms that I enjoy but at this moment that simply does not look good. There are too few that care about freedom enough to become active and fight for it.

You support that slide in supporting the corruption that has become the democratic party. The same can be said of those that support the same perversion in the republican party. The blind faith and visceral attacks that the two sides hurl at each other serve nothing other than to continue this slide. It is sad that you cannot recognize it. There are a dozen things that Obama is supporting right this minute that Bush did as well. Things that the left called Bush Hitler and worse for doing. Now they stand in support of such things. It would have been unthinkable to see a liberal support a president that actively bombed several countries throughout his entire presidency, targeted US citizens for assassination, suspended the right to a trail if the government simply thought you were a ‘terrorist,’ supported a never ending war and on and on yet we see this right now. To say that we are not sliding away from freedom is to close your ears and eyes to the world around you.

We should do what we do WHENEVER a President's ego threatens the Constitution...slap him down. This isn't something new. It's happened many times in the past. Read up on FDR trying to pack the Supreme Court. When Presidents overstep they have to be reined in. If Obama was in any way involved in the IRS scandal than he needs to get taken to the woodshed. And I'm not speaking about impeachment. I'm simply saying that if he WAS involved that Democrats in Congress need to join with Republicans to send a clear message that using the IRS for political gamesmanship isn't something that will be tolerated NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE OVAL OFFICE!!!
I disagree. If they can show that Obama knew about this, he should GO! Once something like this happens, he cannot be trusted again. We owe him NOTHING. We cannot allow anyone to be above the law, even the first black president.

I'm a rather pragmatic person, S.J....I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell of getting enough votes in the Senate to ever impeach Barry and have it stick. We're stuck with him for another three and a half years. I wish that wasn't the case but I just don't see it happening. Democrats will fight tooth and nail to keep him there.

The other thing to consider is who would be taking his place. Do you REALLY want Joe Biden in charge of things? He's having a good day if he doesn't drool on himself.:eusa_drool:

Nixon Is A Saint compared to who ever is the president at this point! and who is the president? Hillary? Biden? Bill?

Nixon used the CIA to topple the legally elected government of Chile and install the most brutal right-wing dictatorship South America has ever seen. In fact, most of South America taken over by right-wing brutally repressive dictatorships while Nixon was in power.

He used the IRS and the FBI to harass and intimidate his political opponents, and he hired ex-operatives to break into the Democratic Party headquarters in the Watergate Building. And he lied about it all. He also maintained slush funds to pay off his operatives. He destroyed evidencen and lead a conspiracy to cover it all up.

Obama hasn't done anything close to this crap.

I'm a rather pragmatic person, S.J....I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell of getting enough votes in the Senate to ever impeach Barry and have it stick. We're stuck with him for another three and a half years. I wish that wasn't the case but I just don't see it happening. Democrats will fight tooth and nail to keep him there.

The other thing to consider is who would be taking his place. Do you REALLY want Joe Biden in charge of things? He's having a good day if he doesn't drool on himself.:eusa_drool:
We'll have to see how many more crimes and abuses happen or have already happened that we don't yet know about. I agree that the Democrats are corrupt and will do just about anything to keep this tyrant in office but just they DO want to keep their jobs, and if public opinion turns against Obama, along with the media, he could be history. And YES, I would rather have an idiot than a tyrant in charge. At least Biden would not DELIBERATELY try to destroy the country.

Thank goodness.

And as long as it's YOUR team who's doing the discriminating, you're ok with it.

And that, is the point. The Left "tells" us what groups should NOT be discriminated against (Gays, Communists, Etc) while also telling us whom we SHOULD discriminate against (anyone who doesn't agree with them politically, people from the South, Etc).

Dont let this smug hypocrite tell you otherwise. Discrimination is fine as long as its the "so-called" enlightened "progressives" doing it, it's fine. As long as its THIS group keeping "Blacks in their place" by keeping them on the government "tit" and voting democrat - all is well and good.

As long as its illegals being allowed to take our country over - in so long as they vote democrat - then who cares, right?

Thank goodness.

This country will never return to greatness, Thanks to those like YOU.

Remember that when you lay your head down tonight. THIS is the country that YOU will leave for your children, Caligua.

We live in a country which still has free and open elections. We still have a functioning Constitution. We still have an independent judiciary. We still have a peaceful and tranquil transfer of power from one party to another, from one person to another, at every level of government. We still have the right to petition government for a redress of whatever grievances we have and that government still listens and responds. We still have the freedoms of religion, of speech, of association with whomever we like. We can still move easily and freely from one place to another. We can still start a business if we want, or work for someone else if we want, in line with our own personal wishes. Nobody tells us where we must work, or live, or what we must make of our lives. We don't live in fear unless we choose to.

In short, we are still free. No, that freedom is not absolute and never has been. But, we are still light years ahead of most of the world, still free to say and go and do and be whatever we want to be.

Some of y'all in this thread are so focused on what you think MIGHT happen that you're destroying your own joy. You're so attuned to what's WRONG with America, that you fail to see what is still RIGHT with it.

WE The People still run this place. Nobody else does. And, so long as that's still true, we will not slip into tyranny. America may not look like it did 50 years ago, or even last week, but it is still a vibrant, growing, independent nation of free people who still have the power to make of this place whatever we want it to be.

It's sad that you can't see that.

We live in a country which still has free and open elections. We still have a functioning Constitution. We still have an independent judiciary. We still have a peaceful and tranquil transfer of power from one party to another, from one person to another, at every level of government. We still have the right to petition government for a redress of whatever grievances we have and that government still listens and responds. We still have the freedoms of religion, of speech, of association with whomever we like. We can still move easily and freely from one place to another. We can still start a business if we want, or work for someone else if we want, in line with our own personal wishes. Nobody tells us where we must work, or live, or what we must make of our lives. We don't live in fear unless we choose to.

In short, we are still free. No, that freedom is not absolute and never has been. But, we are still light years ahead of most of the world, still free to say and go and do and be whatever we want to be.

Some of y'all in this thread are so focused on what you think MIGHT happen that you're destroying your own joy. You're so attuned to what's WRONG with America, that you fail to see what is still RIGHT with it.

WE The People still run this place. Nobody else does. And, so long as that's still true, we will not slip into tyranny. America may not look like it did 50 years ago, or even last week, but it is still a vibrant, growing, independent nation of free people who still have the power to make of this place whatever we want it to be.

We live in a country where you have to get approval to get your name on the ballot.

Venezuela has a functioning constitution. Come to think of it, so does Honduras, but Obama didn't like it when the people of Honduras used their constitution to toss a tyrant out of office.

You keep missing the point, it doesn't matter what you say we have, what matters is how the government deals with what we have. The IRS failed, and your refusal to admit that this is a problem makes you part of the problem, no matter how much you blather.

It's sad that you can't see the erosion of our rights under the Constitution. Ask AP and the Tea Party about the first amendment.

Our president gives himself the right to kill Americans with drones without due process.

Americans are forced to purchase overpriced health insurance, whether they can afford it or not.

Our president refuses to enforce border security and sues states who do it themselves.

Wake up.

Yet, I'm told this isn't about Obama.

Where were you people in decades past?

Forum List

Back