Obama "Reject Voices Warning of Government Tyranny"?

How many tyrannical governments have y'all been exposed to? Have you ever been in a country ruled by a real, honest to gosh tyrant, with secret police and everything, where there is no rule of law outside the will of the tyrant?

If you haven't, I'd suggest you pick one and go spend a week or so there. Then, come back here and compare America's "tyranny" with the real thing.

If it is all the same to you, I would prefer to limit the possibility of tyranny, and stop it before it becomes a reality in America. Tyranny does not just pop its ugly head up one day and become reality, it comes in small increments and baby steps.

The biggest recipe for disaster is when people begin to believe the bullshit, when they lose confidence in The People, when they start to believe the lie that THEIR government is no longer responsive, when they forget that WE THE PEOPLE run this place and have ultimate power, when they accept the notion that the legitimately elected President of the United States is illegitimate, when they identify the opposition as the "enemy" and consider anyone who doesn't agree with them a "traitor" and begin act upon those erroneous beliefs to "change" things by violence.

THAT is the recipe for the Balkans in the 1990's, and if you'd seen that, you'd move heaven and earth to prevent it happening here.

I think you just answered your own question. Been to a public school classroom lately? You should go. It would open your eyes.........

Yes, I have as a matter of fact, and I was impressed by the upcoming generation of American's. My most fervent prayer is that idiots like y'all don't plunge their future into a morass of violence, death and blood in the name of opposing the imaginary nonexistent "tyranny" of Barack Obama.

It's the tyranny of the statists, which includes a lot of Republicans. It's not only about Obama, he’s only part of the problem, and for you to focus on him and defend him, means you have a narrow view of the problems facing this country. That's the problem with people like you.

The biggest recipe for disaster is when people begin to believe the bullshit, when they lose confidence in The People, when they start to believe the lie that THEIR government is no longer responsive, when they forget that WE THE PEOPLE run this place and have ultimate power, when they accept the notion that the legitimately elected President of the United States is illegitimate, when they identify the opposition as the "enemy" and consider anyone who doesn't agree with them a "traitor" and begin act upon those erroneous beliefs to "change" things by violence.

THAT is the recipe for the Balkans in the 1990's, and if you'd seen that, you'd move heaven and earth to prevent it happening here.

I think you just answered your own question. Been to a public school classroom lately? You should go. It would open your eyes.........

Yes, I have as a matter of fact, and I was impressed by the upcoming generation of American's. My most fervent prayer is that idiots like y'all don't plunge their future into a morass of violence, death and blood in the name of opposing the imaginary nonexistent "tyranny" of Barack Obama.

Your reply is that of someone who says: "it can't happen here", "it won't happen here". Unfortunately, many countries in the past like pre- Nazi, Germany, and pre-Soviet Russia just to name a few, many of those citizens didn't think it would happen there either. We are clearly moving in that direction, and low information voters are crucial to expediting it.

This quote by Ronald Reagan is perfectly stated:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Right now the Democrat party is the tyrannical oppressor of freedom.

Explain exactly how we're moving in that direction.

Oh, and use fact-checked stsatements, not phony, long-debunked disinfo.

How's about YOU citing that it's "long debunked info?"

Or is that asking too much?
You know,
the old "making-you-have-to-work-for-it" type of crap?

You're in the wrong place, at the wrong time,
to be asking ANYONE to "prove" or "disprove" ANYTHING.

YOU

YOU prove what YOU're blathering.

THEN,
we'll talk about it.

How many tyrannical governments have y'all been exposed to? Have you ever been in a country ruled by a real, honest to gosh tyrant, with secret police and everything, where there is no rule of law outside the will of the tyrant?

If you haven't, I'd suggest you pick one and go spend a week or so there. Then, come back here and compare America's "tyranny" with the real thing.

So rather than taking exception to our government leaders that are doing their level best to take us TO a place where there is no rule of law outside of their will...you want us to go visit someplace where that's already taken place?

Why? So we know what we DON'T want to be?

You're an idiot if you think America is anywhere close to either Yugoslavia or the "soft" tyranny of Noriega. It didn't feel so damned soft, I can tell you that. And, while I never saw Yugo under Tito, I did see the aftermath when the crazies took control and anybody who would wish that on America ought to be shot for gross stupidity.

I don't know your background or what your history is, but I can guess that most people in this thread have lived here all their lives and don't have a CLUE what they're talking about. Most American's don't. Their only "experience" with other places consists of little more than a Caribbean cruise or a quick trip to an American-style enclave like Cozumel or Cancun.

I'm sure most in this thread have spent their lives protected by things like habeus corpus, the right to a lawyer, innocent until proven guilty and have never had to deal with people "disappearing," or having their wives and children "visited" over a comment they've made. They've never seen opponents of the government snatched off the streets in broad daylight and never seen again, never lived in fear, never had to worry about who might hear a casual comment, never had to guard their tongues or watch what they see, where they go or who they know. They go online or in public places and run their mouths about things they know nothing of and nobody comes knocking on their door at midnight, no "Black Mariah's" prowl the streets in the dark, no uniformed men cut their throats in front of their children as a "lesson" to their offspring.

Tyranny, my ass. You people would be an endless source of laughter if your ignorance weren't so tragic.

You asked the question and several have responded. I'm sorry that you don't like the responses.

Additionally, I never stated that "America is a nation of tyrants". However, what I absolutely stand by is that with each passing day - we grow closer and closer. Today, we take for granted that "Government is too big" and that "We OWE something to the government" or that 'The government will "provide" for us".

Americans are quickly being brainwashed into believing that the "Central Authority" is good. That the "government is here to help you". That's all BS and YOU should know that.

If that isn't a recipe for disaster, then tell me - what is?

This isn't about losing confidence in "The People"...this is about losing confidence that the government understands that they work for "The People". What you're seeing with the 3 current scandals is government run amok. Benghazi is about lying to the public. The IRS scandal is about using government power to stifle political opposition. The AP scandal is about attempting to muzzle the free press. All of these things are indicative of a mind set where government is ABOVE the people.

I guess all of you have forgotten that Nixon used the IRS to target his enemies, and that he kept an "enemies list" of people to be harassed and pursued. Or that left wing organizations like Students For A Democratic Society were harassed and pursued by the FBI and others during the Nixon years. But then, Nixon was a Republican President and we all know how Republicans would never abuse the constitutional rights of citizens.

Nobody talked of tyranny then. They just said Nixon was a crook and a criminal who should never have been President.

tyranny_zps570ba161.jpg

I guess all of you have forgotten that Nixon used the IRS to target his enemies, and that he kept an "enemies list" of people to be harassed and pursued. Or that left wing organizations like Students For A Democratic Society were harassed and pursued by the FBI and others during the Nixon years. But then, Nixon was a Republican President and we all know how Republicans would never abuse the constitutional rights of citizens.

Nobody talked of tyranny then. They just said Nixon was a crook and a criminal who should never have been President.

Nixon never used the IRS. anyway he resigned...Obama?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp9BJxFHDYI]Moronic Schultz knows nothing, sees nothing! - YouTube[/ame]

Okay, you win. From now on, we'll stop calling Obama a tyrant and start calling him a crook and a criminal that shouldn't be president.

Obama denies role in cover-up, but admits abuses by subordinates. IRS agents forced to resign, Obama outraged.............

Attachments

• $941910_10151700852092650_1390142672_n.jpg
    $941910_10151700852092650_1390142672_n.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Forum List

Back