Obama "Reject Voices Warning of Government Tyranny"?

We live in a country which still has free and open elections. We still have a functioning Constitution. We still have an independent judiciary. We still have a peaceful and tranquil transfer of power from one party to another, from one person to another, at every level of government. We still have the right to petition government for a redress of whatever grievances we have and that government still listens and responds. We still have the freedoms of religion, of speech, of association with whomever we like. We can still move easily and freely from one place to another. We can still start a business if we want, or work for someone else if we want, in line with our own personal wishes. Nobody tells us where we must work, or live, or what we must make of our lives. We don't live in fear unless we choose to.

In short, we are still free. No, that freedom is not absolute and never has been. But, we are still light years ahead of most of the world, still free to say and go and do and be whatever we want to be.

Some of y'all in this thread are so focused on what you think MIGHT happen that you're destroying your own joy. You're so attuned to what's WRONG with America, that you fail to see what is still RIGHT with it.

WE The People still run this place. Nobody else does. And, so long as that's still true, we will not slip into tyranny. America may not look like it did 50 years ago, or even last week, but it is still a vibrant, growing, independent nation of free people who still have the power to make of this place whatever we want it to be.

It's sad that you can't see that.

You know, what's sad, in it's own right, is that everything you lay out in your eloquent response are the very things that the left currently has in it's cross-hairs.

Yes, indeed, we are still free. No one here has stated otherwise. However, what I wouldn't give to be able to come back from the dead, 50 years from now and see what, exactly, remained of that "freedom".

Or, if that "Fundamental Transformation" would have taken place as the Left so desperately wants and hopes for.

Again, I grew up in a time in this country where MY race was openly discriminated against. The South was known for terrible acts against blacks. So was the East, The Midwest, The West, and the North.

Laws were enacted to insure that members of my race wouldn't be discriminated against any longer. Tell me "Old Guy" - how has YOUR party reacted to those "laws"? You been to Detroit lately? How about Chicago? How about New Orleans?

The only thing that I can see that YOUR party has accomplished in these many years (in support of these laws) is to enslave a generation of poor, uneducated and unemployable black men and women in these cities. How are these people FREE? Free to do what? Vote for the candidate that will "PROVIDE" the most in food stamps?

Yes, we have more black millionaires in this country than at any time in the nation's history. Drug dealers and athletes. How many Physicians does the black community produce on a yearly basis? How many Attorney's? How many Archeticts? How many corporate executives? How many Wall Street Bankers?

So what EXACTLY is this "freedom" that you speak of? 5 or 10 of the dumbest, most idiotic black members of the Congress that I have EVER heard stumble through a press conference? The majority of whom can't define a "Bicamaral form of government".

And yet the left, wants to insure that MORE members of MY race can have access to more "Social Justice" - Or as I like to call it - the lazy man's heroin.

And, even with this history, I grew up believing (and I believe to this day) that America is the greatest country on earth. However, we are changing at an alarming rate. Our public school system is the laughing stock of the world. We have more people on "government assistance" than at any time in our history. We are told to despise the very people (the rich) simply because they have been successful in their own right. Companies are being taxed out of existence (taking their jobs with them) and we are leaning on this "government" for far more than was EVER intended.

Yet, those like you, would have us believe that our "best days" are ahead of us. Sorry, but to a guy who grew up, taught by parents to "Give no quarter and expect none" - I ain't buying it.

We live in a country which still has free and open elections. We still have a functioning Constitution. We still have an independent judiciary. We still have a peaceful and tranquil transfer of power from one party to another, from one person to another, at every level of government. We still have the right to petition government for a redress of whatever grievances we have and that government still listens and responds. We still have the freedoms of religion, of speech, of association with whomever we like. We can still move easily and freely from one place to another. We can still start a business if we want, or work for someone else if we want, in line with our own personal wishes. Nobody tells us where we must work, or live, or what we must make of our lives. We don't live in fear unless we choose to.

In short, we are still free. No, that freedom is not absolute and never has been. But, we are still light years ahead of most of the world, still free to say and go and do and be whatever we want to be.

Some of y'all in this thread are so focused on what you think MIGHT happen that you're destroying your own joy. You're so attuned to what's WRONG with America, that you fail to see what is still RIGHT with it.

WE The People still run this place. Nobody else does. And, so long as that's still true, we will not slip into tyranny. America may not look like it did 50 years ago, or even last week, but it is still a vibrant, growing, independent nation of free people who still have the power to make of this place whatever we want it to be.

You know, what's sad, in it's own right, is that everything you lay out in your eloquent response are the very things that the left currently has in it's cross-hairs.

Yes, indeed, we are still free. No one here has stated otherwise. However, what I wouldn't give to be able to come back from the dead, 50 years from now and see what, exactly, remained of that "freedom".

Or, if that "Fundamental Transformation" would have taken place as the Left so desperately wants and hopes for.

Again, I grew up in a time in this country where MY race was openly discriminated against. The South was known for terrible acts against blacks. So was the East, The Midwest, The West, and the North.

Laws were enacted to insure that members of my race wouldn't be discriminated against any longer. Tell me "Old Guy" - how has YOUR party reacted to those "laws"? You been to Detroit lately? How about Chicago? How about New Orleans?

The only thing that I can see that YOUR party has accomplished in these many years (in support of these laws) is to enslave a generation of poor, uneducated and unemployable black men and women in these cities. How are these people FREE? Free to do what? Vote for the candidate that will "PROVIDE" the most in food stamps?

Yes, we have more black millionaires in this country than at any time in the nation's history. Drug dealers and athletes. How many Physicians does the black community produce on a yearly basis? How many Attorney's? How many Archeticts? How many corporate executives? How many Wall Street Bankers?

So what EXACTLY is this "freedom" that you speak of? 5 or 10 of the dumbest, most idiotic black members of the Congress that I have EVER heard stumble through a press conference? The majority of whom can't define a "Bicamaral form of government".

And yet the left, wants to insure that MORE members of MY race can have access to more "Social Justice" - Or as I like to call it - the lazy man's heroin.

And, even with this history, I grew up believing (and I believe to this day) that America is the greatest country on earth. However, we are changing at an alarming rate. Our public school system is the laughing stock of the world. We have more people on "government assistance" than at any time in our history. We are told to despise the very people (the rich) simply because they have been successful in their own right. Companies are being taxed out of existence (taking their jobs with them) and we are leaning on this "government" for far more than was EVER intended.

Yet, those like you, would have us believe that our "best days" are ahead of us. Sorry, but to a guy who grew up, taught by parents to "Give no quarter and expect none" - I ain't buying it.

Your political myopia has resulted in a loss of hope. Once hope is gone, there's nothing left. Hope is the foundation upon which this country was built and has prospered on for over 200 years. You may have lost hope, but the rest of us have not.

Our greatest days are yet to come.

Your political myopia has resulted in a loss of hope. Once hope is gone, there's nothing left. Hope is the foundation upon which this country was built and has prospered on for over 200 years. You may have lost hope, but the rest of us have not.

The only "hope" I have left is for a politician (or group of politicians) to have the "intestinal fortitude" to make America understand that we are becoming a nation of "Victims" and to turn this country around from its "victimhood" that has been instilled in America since the late 60s.

I'm looking for politicians who understand that polls are for "the losing side". I'm looking for politicians that are men and women enough to say to "Hell with trying to please the minority in the Congress" - remember, that's the way YOUR side passed the first part of the destruction of America - without ONE republican vote.

I'm looking for politicians who "serve with honor". I'm looking for politicians who are serving the COUNTRY - not THEIR self-interests. I'm looking for that ONE politician who is wiling to Say, openly and publicly, that I may serve only ONE term, but by God, I WILL work for the interests of this country and NOT the interests of a "few".

I'm looking for those politicians who will work for the "average Joe" and not the AFL-CIO. I'm looking for politicians that will tell the Teachers unions to "Go to hell" in much the same way Reagan told PATCO that "YOU are fired".

I'm looking for politicians who will tell Harry Reid to take his years of inaction to take a hike. I'm looking for politicians who will tell the Republican Party and the democrat party to "kiss their ass" and actually work for this country.

And, finally, I'm looking for Americans who can put down the cell phone, the GameBoy, The Xbox, the PS2, the computer, the iPad, the kindle long enough to learn WHO the current Vice President is, or WHO the current SOS is, or what Benghazi is, or WHAT the name of the AG is and take an active role in keeping themselves informed about what is "coming down the pike"

Yeah, you're right. America's best days are ahead of it....say, while I'm at it, I've got some beach front property in Phoenix Id like to unload. You interested?

Last edited:

You repeat this and other statements about how ‘free’ we are and yet you have ignored virtually every point in this thread. What everyone is talking about is where we are headed, not where we are and by ignoring that people like you are ensuring that we end up there. These incidents against our freedom are not happening in a vacuum nor are they just isolated occurrences. The entire mood and definition of what government means is changing. It is not changing for the better.

You repeat this and other statements about how ‘free’ we are and yet you have ignored virtually every point in this thread. What everyone is talking about is where we are headed, not where we are and by ignoring that people like you are ensuring that we end up there. These incidents against our freedom are not happening in a vacuum nor are they just isolated occurrences. The entire mood and definition of what government means is changing. It is not changing for the better.

Well said!

What this country was built upon was opportunity. A cradle to grave Nanny State doesn't provide opportunity...it provides mediocrity. "Hope" was the vague slogan that some Chicago machine politicians used to trick you into voting their guy into office.

anyone beginning to wonder/assume that Liberals just don't care when Americans are killed, so long as they have their millions (aka,stolen tax dollars) and their second and third homes in Cape Cod/The Hamptons and Florida?

Forum List

Back