Obama: ‘Simply Locking People Up Doesn’t Make Communities Safer’

Louisiana is proof of this. Private prisons run to make money, crime isn't low in Lousiana, but the incarceration rate is the highest in the country.

They shouldn't break the law and wouldn't go to prison.
We pay to keep them there

It does not keep us safer
Then let them all live with you and see how safe you are

Unbelievable. Liberals are actually trying to logically explain how letting criminals out...makes us safer.

Imagine in the 1700s....someone arguing that letting 100 pirates and Blackbeard out of jail....does NOT make the town less safe.

go back.jpg

Louisiana is proof of this. Private prisons run to make money, crime isn't low in Lousiana, but the incarceration rate is the highest in the country.

Allowing murderers to run loose sure as hell isn't going to keep us safer.
We do not have 2.5 million murderers in our prison system

Most are a result of iladvised "I am tough on crime" legislation

They broke some law. That's why they're There.

Fuck em

I don't want my tax dollars going to incarcerate non violent offenders

Fuck em

I don't want my tax dollars going to incarcerate non violent offenders

NO nonviolent offenders?

Aside from some momentous white collar criminals like Bernie Madoff who never committed a violent crime, there are no non violent criminals in prison. There are violent criminals in jail for non violent offenses.

A criminal might have committed a hundred crimes and never gotten caught. Once they get caught as first offenders they seldom go to prison. There is probation, house arrest, counseling and half way houses.

To get serious time, they have been convicted half a dozen times.

There aren't enough people locked up. Our justice system is a joke, we give second chances to thugs all the time. Prison time for violent crimes needs to be increased.

They keep bringing up the fact that blacks and Latinos make up the vast majority of prison populations, but won't admit it's because they commit the vast majority of crimes.

Produce criminals, and then pay for them to be locked up, then complain about people being given free stuff. Free board and food.....
Hey! There's an idea, we should imprison the people who produce thugs, their parents.

I have no idea why you've replied to me with this statement.

There aren't enough people locked up. Our justice system is a joke, we give second chances to thugs all the time. Prison time for violent crimes needs to be increased.

They keep bringing up the fact that blacks and Latinos make up the vast majority of prison populations, but won't admit it's because they commit the vast majority of crimes.

Produce criminals, and then pay for them to be locked up, then complain about people being given free stuff. Free board and food.....

I've never complained about thugs being locked up, or paying for it.

Try again asswipe.

Wow, insults.....

Locking up criminals absolutely makes the community safer. Obama wants to give all of his homies a get out of jail free card. Nothing more, nothing less. If the majority of felons in prison were white, he'd let them rot.

Does it?

The states with the highest homicide rates are 1) Louisiana, 2) Mississippi, 3) Missouri, 4) South Carolina, 5) Maryland

The states with the highest incarceration rates are 1) Louisiana, 2) Oklahoma, 3) Mississippi, 4) Alabama, 5) Georgia

So, number one and two for murder and numbers one and three for incarceration. Missouri is 14th, South Carolina 19th.

Does this look like more incarceration leads to less crime? Doesn't to me.
What would the crime rate be if all those people weren't locked up?

Well, my argument would be this:

Instead of people going for the "lock everyone up and we'll all be safer" kind of simplistic view, I would instead look at the real reasons for why people commit crimes and try and stop it. People are basically being born into crime, there's no hope left in certain communities. In others becoming a criminal is an actual career choice that gives far more advantages than trying to do it the legitimate way.

Why are so many more people being incarcerated in certain states than others? Well, you know that many of the states with high levels of prisoners have piss poor education, the rich don't care about the poor and do nothing to help people rise up out of the dirt.

You can see it within the US comparing different states, and you can see it comparing the US with Europe and Australia and places like that.

All it takes is people with brains. Instead people are getting all excited about someone like Trump who wants to build a damn wall, not fix education, not improve the lives of people, reduce crime and all of that, no, build a wall.

People commit crimes because they choose to.

People are uneducated because they choose to be

If people want to "rise up from the dirt" then that's up to them

And here are some of the reasons why things are going bad, because people like you always say stuff like this, and it's been PROVEN to not help matters.

People who are actually pro-active in making positive change will generally get positive change. Those who always make these excuses will always end up with a society where you end up locking people up for long periods and have a lot of crime.

It's a choice. It does seem rather silly to want to have lots of criminals.

Yeah, and maybe they shouldn't be born into poverty and absolute despair either. But then many people don't give a damn about that.

But like I've said, locking people up as the main policy of dealing with crime doesn't lead to lower crime. The evidence is all around. Why is it that Louisiana is the highest murder and highest incarceration state? Surely if you were right being the highest incarceration state would give it the lowest crime rates.

Locking up criminals absolutely makes the community safer. Obama wants to give all of his homies a get out of jail free card. Nothing more, nothing less. If the majority of felons in prison were white, he'd let them rot.

Does it?

The states with the highest homicide rates are 1) Louisiana, 2) Mississippi, 3) Missouri, 4) South Carolina, 5) Maryland

The states with the highest incarceration rates are 1) Louisiana, 2) Oklahoma, 3) Mississippi, 4) Alabama, 5) Georgia

So, number one and two for murder and numbers one and three for incarceration. Missouri is 14th, South Carolina 19th.

Those states have more black people than other states.

There are lots of things we could say about the states.

Mississippi is the most religious state, and still has high crime and high incarceration. Are we going to say that it is religion that makes people commit crimes?

Mississippi Most Religious State, Vermont Least Religious

Louisiana is the fourth most religious, Alabama, South Carolina, etc are at the top too.

At the bottom you have places like Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine etc.

Maine has the lowest incarceration rates, Vermont is 5th, New Hampshire is 7th.

So it would seem that religion and incarceration go hand in hand.

Population Distribution by Race/Ethnicity

As to whether blacks are there, well...

Mississippi has the most black people, and then yes, again it goes down the list of states who have high crime and high incarceration.

Then again it could have something to do with whether you have lots of Republicans or not.

Louisiana has house and senate Republican
Oklahoma has governor, house and senate Republican
Mississippi has governor, house and senate Republican
Alabama has governor, house and senate Republican
Georgia has governor, house and senate Republican
Texas has governor, house and senate Republican
Arizona has governor, house and senate Republican
Arkansas has governor, house and senate Republican
Florida has governor, house and senate Republican
New Mexico has has governor, house Republican

And then you get to Delaware which is all Democrat.

So the TOP TEN states for incarceration have at least two of three elected power bodies that are Republican, and only two of them have two, the rest have three.

Seems to be a policy of the right to incarcerate.

Does it?

I bet states with the most beer drinkers also have the most DUIs too.

Those states you list also have huge % of African American population and are poor.

Lots of crime. Lots of arrests.

Fuck libs are dumb.

Libs are't all that dumb. Have you ever seen the FBI crime distribution report table 55? White people commit most of the crime in metro counties even when there are large Black populations there. You see, when middle class Whites flee places like Flint Michigan they leave behind all of their White poor and criminal elements who continue to commit crime when Blacks take over the city government. They couldn't care less. Granted, Black criminals do their part too in adding the crime stats but Whites in some places committing more rimes than Blacks both in raw numbers and proportionally. DOn't take my word for it take a look at FBI table 55:
Metro counties arrests.png

you know what makes communities safer Barry? getting black mothers off welfare. Keeping black fathers at home and working and out of drugs, crime and gangs. Raising their kids- stop sleeping around. Keeping the kids in school, getting a job and education. Stop depending on big gubmint.

Does it?

That's because you lack the ability to think logically.

Does it?

That's because you lack the ability to think logically.

So, your "logical argument" is to attack me...... Hmm.....

You don't want to make your own argument, you can't even reply to what I wrote, so you just go with bullshit. Well done.

Does it?

Instead of people going for the "lock everyone up and we'll all be safer" kind of simplistic view, I would instead look at the real reasons for why people commit crimes and try and stop it. People are basically being born into crime, there's no hope left in certain communities. In others becoming a criminal is an actual career choice that gives far more advantages than trying to do it the legitimate way.

Why are so many more people being incarcerated in certain states than others? Well, you know that many of the states with high levels of prisoners have piss poor education, the rich don't care about the poor and do nothing to help people rise up out of the dirt.

You can see it within the US comparing different states, and you can see it comparing the US with Europe and Australia and places like that.

All it takes is people with brains. Instead people are getting all excited about someone like Trump who wants to build a damn wall, not fix education, not improve the lives of people, reduce crime and all of that, no, build a wall.

And here are some of the reasons why things are going bad, because people like you always say stuff like this, and it's been PROVEN to not help matters.

People who are actually pro-active in making positive change will generally get positive change. Those who always make these excuses will always end up with a society where you end up locking people up for long periods and have a lot of crime.

You cannot help people who don't want to be helped.
People who choose to victimize others do not want to be helped

Does it?

No, you can't. But a lot of the people who need help, are people who do want help.

Either kids who need a decent education, good opportunities, a safe and decent community to grow up in, good parents and so on.

But then you're attitude is always going to be defeatist. You seem to want to see people fail, to see society fall apart, to see it all go bad. I have no idea why, maybe you could tell me why.

No, you can't. But a lot of the people who need help, are people who do want help.

Either kids who need a decent education, good opportunities, a safe and decent community to grow up in, good parents and so on.

But then you're attitude is always going to be defeatist. You seem to want to see people fail, to see society fall apart, to see it all go bad. I have no idea why, maybe you could tell me why.

I am a realist.

Almost any town or city has a free library. If someone wants to educate themselves they can.

And if they really want help they will start by helping themselves not by mugging an old lady

Forum List

Back