Obama Superpac Runs "Romney Killed My Wife" Ad

If we are playing by Priorities USA’s rules, from here on out we can refer to Barack Obama as a murderer, considering his administration made the decisions that led to Brian Terry’s murder at a time period when Barack Obama was still on the job.
Sure, like you CON$ervoFascists weren't already calling him a murderer long before this!!!!!!!!

The point is that there are no rules which allows ads like this to run in the first place. Free speech--the argument that the Supreme Court made--let this genie out of the bottle moreso than before but lies and half-truths in political ads are nothing new. Ask John Kerry.

Are we talking about the same John Kerry who docked his yacht in Rhode Island so he wouldn't have to pay his taxes??? Damn those rich fat-cats, right? :lol:
Exactly! And Mitten parks his money in other countries to avoid paying taxes. He and Kerry are very similar.
Exactly! But the hypocrites hate Kerry and love Willard Mitt, rhymes with ....

Oh yes, Romney's taxes have a special line for profits made from killing companies. :eusa_whistle:

Especially years after he quit running Bain while running the Olympics in Utah.

Go out and find your evidence, don't return here until you come back with your damning evidence....

A simpleton's brain with dementia on display. :clap2:

Does anyone know how much Romney profited from the closing of this steel company?

Oh, of course not, he won't release his income tax returns.

You don't know either, I see.

If we are playing by Priorities USA’s rules, from here on out we can refer to Barack Obama as a murderer, considering his administration made the decisions that led to Brian Terry’s murder at a time period when Barack Obama was still on the job.

The point is that there are no rules which allows ads like this to run in the first place. Free speech--the argument that the Supreme Court made--let this genie out of the bottle moreso than before but lies and half-truths in political ads are nothing new. Ask John Kerry.
Good point....a lot of people did believe the lies told about Kerry and as far as I know Bush never decried them.

This ad, while skirting close to fabrication, actually contains no lies. And a lot of people just might take its underlying message to heart.

Sounds like payback time for Citizens United.

The ad contains a whopper lie of omission. One of the biggest I've seen in a while.

Citizens United is about free speech. This changes nothing.

It is incumbent upon the voters to inform themselves on what matters, and it is incumbent on the free press to make that information available.

Anyone who informs themselves on this lie is going to come away with a very sour outlook toward Obama.

"Roll out the cancer lady" and lies like this are going to backfire through overuse.

Oh yes, Romney's taxes have a special line for profits made from killing companies. :eusa_whistle:

Go out and find your evidence, don't return here until you come back with your damning evidence....

A simpleton's brain with dementia on display. :clap2:

The evidence is on his tax returns....which would say where his earned income came from. But he won't release them. Convenient!

Exactly! And Mitten parks his money in other countries to avoid paying taxes. He and Kerry are very similar.

Romney is a global investor whose investments are done blind. Neither he, nor his money guy are idiots, so yeah.. his investments and savings are well diversified. And really, I don't CARE if John Kerry docks his boat someplace cheaper. I only note that he's a gargantuan hypocrite for doing so while he touts the Democrat platform of tax and spend.

You people whine every day that the rich aren't paying their "fair share" and then you throw out John Kerry, who evades taxation himself when he can, as some paragon smeared by conservatives. It's bullshit.

You can smear Kerry all you want for legitimate idiocy. Making things up is just lame, though. And all of Mitten's money hasn't been made in a blind trust.

How much did he make off the bankruptcy of GS Steel? Oh, you don't know? Big surprise, neither does anyone else.

Whose business is it what, if anything, Romney made when GST went down? :eusa_eh:
Private equity outfits aren't a public service. And the investors who lend their capital to these failing businesses are people too. Hospitals, charities, pension funds, retirees... they invest the money and 80% of the time at Bain, they not only make a profit, they give failing businesses another chance to survive. Are YOU going to do that? Are you going to go around the country, and altruistically re-capitalize and re-organize these failed enterprises??? :eusa_eh:

I could give a shit about John Kerry, he's a pissant, and a hypocritical one at that.

Are we talking about the same John Kerry who docked his yacht in Rhode Island so he wouldn't have to pay his taxes??? Damn those rich fat-cats, right? :lol:

Romney is a global investor whose investments are done blind. Neither he, nor his money guy are idiots, so yeah.. his investments and savings are well diversified. And really, I don't CARE if John Kerry docks his boat someplace cheaper. I only note that he's a gargantuan hypocrite for doing so while he touts the Democrat platform of tax and spend.

You people whine every day that the rich aren't paying their "fair share" and then you throw out John Kerry, who evades taxation himself when he can, as some paragon smeared by conservatives. It's bullshit.
Even Willard Mitt, rhymes with ...., admits that is a load of pure crap, yet you are not only gullible enough to swallow the shit whole but also stupid enough to parrot it in a public forum.

Romney in 1994: Blind Trusts a 'Ruse'

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney says he put his money in a blind trust to avoid any conflict of interest, although he once scoffed at such devices as “an age-old ruse.”

Romney is facing questions over when his involvement with Bain Capital ended, and increasing demands for him to release his latest tax returns. The former Massachusetts governor has tried to tamp down interest in his money matters. Last week he stressed that his money was in a blind trust.

“I don’t manage the money that I have. In order to make sure that I didn’t have a conflict of interest while I was governor or while I was considering a run for national office, I had a blind trust established,” he said in a July 13 TV clip played Monday by “The Daily Show” on Comedy Central.

But “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart unearthed a clip from Oct. 18, 1994, that showed Romney deriding blind trusts.

“The blind trust is an age-old ruse, if you will,” Romney said. “Which is to say you can always tell a blind trust what it can and cannot do. You give a blind trust rules.”

I have been voting since Goldwater and haven't seen an election that is no negative. If the negative things were true that is one things but most of these are both sides are either lies or terribly misrepresented. I wonder if you closed Bain Capital tomorrow how many jobs would be lost and if Obama closed the companies he started how many are involved. Oh sorry, I forgot Obama has never created a job.

You can smear Kerry all you want for legitimate idiocy. Making things up is just lame, though. And all of Mitten's money hasn't been made in a blind trust.

How much did he make off the bankruptcy of GS Steel? Oh, you don't know? Big surprise, neither does anyone else.

Whose business is it what, if anything, Romney made when GST went down? :eusa_eh:
Private equity outfits aren't a public service. And the investors who lend their capital to these failing businesses are people too. Hospitals, charities, pension funds, retirees... they invest the money and 80% of the time at Bain, they not only make a profit, they give failing businesses another chance to survive. Are YOU going to do that? Are you going to go around the country, and altruistically re-capitalize and re-organize these failed enterprises??? :eusa_eh:

I could give a shit about John Kerry, he's a pissant, and a hypocritical one at that.
Altruistically? LMAO.

And yet another idiot that confuses venture capital with private equity.

Good point....a lot of people did believe the lies told about Kerry and as far as I know Bush never decried them.

This ad, while skirting close to fabrication, actually contains no lies. And a lot of people just might take its underlying message to heart.

Bush's campaign also manipulated the Terror Alert levels during the 2004 election. Dirty politics is nothing new. I had no idea that the right wing were such virgins when it came to the real world. At least they're "pretending" to be so pure is what I'm guessing

Idiot, there would never be specific financial information in his Bain financial forms, just total revenues made during the year....if he was even there when the piece of shit union company eventually died after being saved by Bain.

You can't claim revenue made at Bain from multiple deals in a year is a specific amount of money from some total number. Oh yeah, $45,000 of that $100,000 is because Bain shutdown that specific company,. :eusa_hand:

You're just a fucking idiot, your robotic responses wreaks of some idiot computer program.

The evidence is on his tax returns....which would say where his earned income came from. But he won't release them. Convenient!

No. It was NOT a "powerful ad". And you insisting that it was over and over again doesn't make it one.
It's my opinion that it is a powerful ad. Are you now telling me that opinions are wrong or right depending on other's opinions?

The veracity is an open question as with all things you hear in political discourse these days. I think you're more upset because the ad is so effective.

Well, if the President's presumptive opponent says it, it must be true. LOL

Republicans aren't used to having attack ads hurled at them, quite clearly. Hence the whine-fest we just witnessed.

Work hard, carry on.

The Truth is not a matter of opinion, so no... it's not an "open question". :rolleyes:
Every assertion that Soptic made in that ad was a lie. Mitt Romney left Bain in 1999. The plant closed in 2001 (oh, and one of the managing directors at THAT time was an Obama bundler!). The guy's wife didn't die until 2006. What's more, she had her own insurance for some time after the plant closed.

This was just another political attack from a parasitic union which had bled its host dry:
But there are quite a few problems with all these hoary claims of the evils of Bain Capital. First of all is the fact that every voice in this video is that of a union thug. Most especially a man noted as the lead union negotiator, David Foster. Does anyone think a unionista will tell the truth about what went on with a company they spent decades extorting?

It is never noted in the Obama ad that GST Steel had troubles long, long before Bain Capital bought the company. In fact that Bain bought them in the first place is an obvious indicator that the company was in financial trouble. After all, that is what Bain did, buy troubled companies and try to turn them around or shut them down if that proves impossible.

Along those lines, a former GST worker told the National Review, the unions were the ones bleeding GST dry, not Bain.

Cont.... FAIL: Obama Ad Attacks Romney for Bain Bought Company That Laid People Off? But Romney DIDN’T Work There Then! &laquo Publius Forum

Maybe if the unions hadn't sucked this company dry, these people wouldn't have lost their jobs. Maybe if they'd pitched in and worked hard to save it instead of asking for double-time while they slept on the job, they'd still have one. And maybe, having failed to do any of that, this guy could have gotten off his lazy ASS and supported his family, so that they had health insurance. Lung cancer isn't exactly a silent killer like heart attack or stroke. People typically get very sick before they succumb.

You stand with LIARS.

I knew that eventually the right wing would find a way to blame the victim. If you're in a movie theater and get shot by a loon; it's your fault you weren't packing heat. If your plant closes, it's your fault for wanting a living wage. Next they'll be blaming Romney for not fighting back. Look for that around 11/7 when Obama is in the middle of his victory lap.

I thought Romney still owned Bain in 2001...hmmm. Oh well, Im sure theres and explanation for that. Bain Says Romney Kept Ownership After Leaving Firm in 1999 - SFGate

Still, it's a powerful ad. Governor Romney doesn't want that ad on the television.

SHIT...you beat me to the line, "Romney parks his money in the Caymans."

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4676-romney-caymans.jpg

Even Willard Mitt, rhymes with ...., admits that is a load of pure crap, yet you are not only gullible enough to swallow the shit whole but also stupid enough to parrot it in a public forum.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney says he put his money in a blind trust to avoid any conflict of interest, although he once scoffed at such devices as “an age-old ruse.”

Romney is facing questions over when his involvement with Bain Capital ended, and increasing demands for him to release his latest tax returns. The former Massachusetts governor has tried to tamp down interest in his money matters. Last week he stressed that his money was in a blind trust.

“I don’t manage the money that I have. In order to make sure that I didn’t have a conflict of interest while I was governor or while I was considering a run for national office, I had a blind trust established,” he said in a July 13 TV clip played Monday by “The Daily Show” on Comedy Central.

But “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart unearthed a clip from Oct. 18, 1994, that showed Romney deriding blind trusts.

“The blind trust is an age-old ruse, if you will,” Romney said. “Which is to say you can always tell a blind trust what it can and cannot do. You give a blind trust rules.”

Giving a blind trust "rules" is not the same as managing one's own investments on a daily basis. :rolleyes:
If you've got some specific crime to accuse Romney of, by all means, let's hear it.

At what point do we stop saying "Mom, he did it too" and just say "enough is enough"? Never, I suspect... far too many morons who drink Kool Aid.

As soon as you stop; it will stop.

Altruistically? LMAO.

And yet another idiot that confuses venture capital with private equity.

Hey, I'm not the one who thinks these guys ought to be in it for the love.
Bain Capital Private Equity

“The blind trust is an age-old ruse, if you will,” Romney said. “Which is to say you can always tell a blind trust what it can and cannot do. You give a blind trust rules.”[/B]

Giving a blind trust "rules" is not the same as managing one's own investments on a daily basis. :rolleyes:
If you've got some specific crime to accuse Romney of, by all means, let's hear it.

Governor Romney disagrees with you on how effective a blind trust is. Gee, you should learn more about the guy you're going to vote for. First you didn't know he said that so now you're trying to walk it back; secondly you didn't seem to know he still owned the company that shut down the guy's steel mill.

all we're seeing with these ads is the desperation of the Democrats..

I doubt anybody that is sane is buying them..

really pathetic

Forum List

Back