Obama Superpac Runs "Romney Killed My Wife" Ad

It's my opinion that it is a powerful ad. Are you now telling me that opinions are wrong or right depending on other's opinions?

The veracity is an open question as with all things you hear in political discourse these days. I think you're more upset because the ad is so effective.

Well, if the President's presumptive opponent says it, it must be true. LOL

Republicans aren't used to having attack ads hurled at them, quite clearly. Hence the whine-fest we just witnessed.

Work hard, carry on.

The Truth is not a matter of opinion, so no... it's not an "open question". :rolleyes:
Every assertion that Soptic made in that ad was a lie. Mitt Romney left Bain in 1999. The plant closed in 2001 (oh, and one of the managing directors at THAT time was an Obama bundler!). The guy's wife didn't die until 2006. What's more, she had her own insurance for some time after the plant closed.

This was just another political attack from a parasitic union which had bled its host dry:
But there are quite a few problems with all these hoary claims of the evils of Bain Capital. First of all is the fact that every voice in this video is that of a union thug. Most especially a man noted as the lead union negotiator, David Foster. Does anyone think a unionista will tell the truth about what went on with a company they spent decades extorting?

It is never noted in the Obama ad that GST Steel had troubles long, long before Bain Capital bought the company. In fact that Bain bought them in the first place is an obvious indicator that the company was in financial trouble. After all, that is what Bain did, buy troubled companies and try to turn them around or shut them down if that proves impossible.

Along those lines, a former GST worker told the National Review, the unions were the ones bleeding GST dry, not Bain.

Cont.... FAIL: Obama Ad Attacks Romney for Bain Bought Company That Laid People Off? But Romney DIDN’T Work There Then! &laquo Publius Forum

Maybe if the unions hadn't sucked this company dry, these people wouldn't have lost their jobs. Maybe if they'd pitched in and worked hard to save it instead of asking for double-time while they slept on the job, they'd still have one. And maybe, having failed to do any of that, this guy could have gotten off his lazy ASS and supported his family, so that they had health insurance. Lung cancer isn't exactly a silent killer like heart attack or stroke. People typically get very sick before they succumb.

You stand with LIARS.

I knew that eventually the right wing would find a way to blame the victim. If you're in a movie theater and get shot by a loon; it's your fault you weren't packing heat. If your plant closes, it's your fault for wanting a living wage. Next they'll be blaming Romney for not fighting back. Look for that around 11/7 when Obama is in the middle of his victory lap.

I thought Romney still owned Bain in 2001...hmmm. Oh well, Im sure theres and explanation for that. Bain Says Romney Kept Ownership After Leaving Firm in 1999 - SFGate

Still, it's a powerful ad. Governor Romney doesn't want that ad on the television.

The guy isn't a victim. He and his union buddies sucked this company dry, failed to make the concessions necessary to save it when it was on life support, and then blame all their personal misfortunes on other people.

I nearly choked on my Cheerios when I read that GST employees were blaming Bain for their downfall. I worked at GST Steel in Kansas City for four months in 1997 immediately after leaving the Navy.

Why only four months? Quickly after I started, I surprised to learn that several of my fellow USW Local 13-represented employees, mostly millwrights and electricians, we’re making between $100-130k. This was mainly due union-mandated overtime which, at least on a few occasions, consisted of the employees bringing in sleeping bags and pillows and sleeping in the shop. It would be hard for any company to stay competitive while paying double-time union wages to get their beauty sleep, but that’s not the half of it. The union employees obviously didn’t think they had it easy enough, so they went on strike in March of ‘97. The plant shut down for a couple of weeks until it re-started under the operation of management and non-union workers. The strike lasted a couple more months. I had a family to support, so I couldn’t afford to wait. I took another (non-union) job with another company. They shuttered the plant for good a few years later.

Cont...
FAIL: Obama Ad Attacks Romney for Bain Bought Company That Laid People Off? But Romney DIDN’T Work There Then! &laquo Publius Forum

Romney is a global investor whose investments are done blind. Neither he, nor his money guy are idiots, so yeah.. his investments and savings are well diversified. And really, I don't CARE if John Kerry docks his boat someplace cheaper. I only note that he's a gargantuan hypocrite for doing so while he touts the Democrat platform of tax and spend.

You people whine every day that the rich aren't paying their "fair share" and then you throw out John Kerry, who evades taxation himself when he can, as some paragon smeared by conservatives. It's bullshit.
Even Willard Mitt, rhymes with ...., admits that is a load of pure crap, yet you are not only gullible enough to swallow the shit whole but also stupid enough to parrot it in a public forum.

Romney in 1994: Blind Trusts a 'Ruse'

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney says he put his money in a blind trust to avoid any conflict of interest, although he once scoffed at such devices as “an age-old ruse.”

Romney is facing questions over when his involvement with Bain Capital ended, and increasing demands for him to release his latest tax returns. The former Massachusetts governor has tried to tamp down interest in his money matters. Last week he stressed that his money was in a blind trust.

“I don’t manage the money that I have. In order to make sure that I didn’t have a conflict of interest while I was governor or while I was considering a run for national office, I had a blind trust established,” he said in a July 13 TV clip played Monday by “The Daily Show” on Comedy Central.

But “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart unearthed a clip from Oct. 18, 1994, that showed Romney deriding blind trusts.

“The blind trust is an age-old ruse, if you will,” Romney said. “Which is to say you can always tell a blind trust what it can and cannot do. You give a blind trust rules.”

Giving a blind trust "rules" is not the same as managing one's own investments on a daily basis. :rolleyes:
If you've got some specific crime to accuse Romney of, by all means, let's hear it.
So Willard Mitt, rhymes with ...., was LYING when he said blind trusts were a RUSE.
Thank you.

The Truth is not a matter of opinion, so no... it's not an "open question". :rolleyes:
Every assertion that Soptic made in that ad was a lie. Mitt Romney left Bain in 1999. The plant closed in 2001 (oh, and one of the managing directors at THAT time was an Obama bundler!). The guy's wife didn't die until 2006. What's more, she had her own insurance for some time after the plant closed.

This was just another political attack from a parasitic union which had bled its host dry:

Maybe if the unions hadn't sucked this company dry, these people wouldn't have lost their jobs. Maybe if they'd pitched in and worked hard to save it instead of asking for double-time while they slept on the job, they'd still have one. And maybe, having failed to do any of that, this guy could have gotten off his lazy ASS and supported his family, so that they had health insurance. Lung cancer isn't exactly a silent killer like heart attack or stroke. People typically get very sick before they succumb.

You stand with LIARS.

I knew that eventually the right wing would find a way to blame the victim. If you're in a movie theater and get shot by a loon; it's your fault you weren't packing heat. If your plant closes, it's your fault for wanting a living wage. Next they'll be blaming Romney for not fighting back. Look for that around 11/7 when Obama is in the middle of his victory lap.

I thought Romney still owned Bain in 2001...hmmm. Oh well, Im sure theres and explanation for that. Bain Says Romney Kept Ownership After Leaving Firm in 1999 - SFGate

Still, it's a powerful ad. Governor Romney doesn't want that ad on the television.

The guy isn't a victim. He and his union buddies sucked this company dry, failed to make the concessions necessary to save it when it was on life support, and then blame all their personal misfortunes on other people.

I nearly choked on my Cheerios when I read that GST employees were blaming Bain for their downfall. I worked at GST Steel in Kansas City for four months in 1997 immediately after leaving the Navy.

Why only four months? Quickly after I started, I surprised to learn that several of my fellow USW Local 13-represented employees, mostly millwrights and electricians, we’re making between $100-130k. This was mainly due union-mandated overtime which, at least on a few occasions, consisted of the employees bringing in sleeping bags and pillows and sleeping in the shop. It would be hard for any company to stay competitive while paying double-time union wages to get their beauty sleep, but that’s not the half of it. The union employees obviously didn’t think they had it easy enough, so they went on strike in March of ‘97. The plant shut down for a couple of weeks until it re-started under the operation of management and non-union workers. The strike lasted a couple more months. I had a family to support, so I couldn’t afford to wait. I took another (non-union) job with another company. They shuttered the plant for good a few years later.

Cont...
FAIL: Obama Ad Attacks Romney for Bain Bought Company That Laid People Off? But Romney DIDN’T Work There Then! &laquo Publius Forum

Good luck selling that in Ohio to his "union buddies" you have now said "sucked their companies dry".

Even Willard Mitt, rhymes with ...., admits that is a load of pure crap, yet you are not only gullible enough to swallow the shit whole but also stupid enough to parrot it in a public forum.

Romney in 1994: Blind Trusts a 'Ruse'

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney says he put his money in a blind trust to avoid any conflict of interest, although he once scoffed at such devices as “an age-old ruse.”

Romney is facing questions over when his involvement with Bain Capital ended, and increasing demands for him to release his latest tax returns. The former Massachusetts governor has tried to tamp down interest in his money matters. Last week he stressed that his money was in a blind trust.

“I don’t manage the money that I have. In order to make sure that I didn’t have a conflict of interest while I was governor or while I was considering a run for national office, I had a blind trust established,” he said in a July 13 TV clip played Monday by “The Daily Show” on Comedy Central.

But “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart unearthed a clip from Oct. 18, 1994, that showed Romney deriding blind trusts.

“The blind trust is an age-old ruse, if you will,” Romney said. “Which is to say you can always tell a blind trust what it can and cannot do. You give a blind trust rules.”

Giving a blind trust "rules" is not the same as managing one's own investments on a daily basis. :rolleyes:
If you've got some specific crime to accuse Romney of, by all means, let's hear it.
So Willard Mitt, rhymes with ...., was LYING when he said blind trusts were a RUSE.
Thank you.

I expect they can be in the hands of the unscrupulous. There's no evidence whatsoever though that Mitt Romney is a dishonest person. Again, if you have some sort of accusation to make, let's hear it.

Cont...

Good luck selling that in Ohio to his "union buddies" you have now said "sucked their companies dry".

Union membership is down to about 12% of the workforce. And I kind of doubt it's some sort of national secret that the parasitic nature of their relationship with their hosts is killing businesses. But by all means, knock yourself out. Put it on a billboard if you want:
Murf76 says unions are sucking companies dry! :lmao:

Too funny. They couldn't even smuggle this one past MSNBC. :D

[youtube]_K_HvUk4Amw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Thank you.

I expect they can be in the hands of the unscrupulous. There's no evidence whatsoever though that Mitt Romney is a dishonest person. Again, if you have some sort of accusation to make, let's hear it.
Sure, there is nothing dishonest about a pathological liar!!! :cuckoo:

Thank you.

Sure, there is nothing dishonest about a pathological liar!!! :cuckoo:

Make a specific charge of whatever financial crime you believe this guy has engaged in. People wanna know. Let's hear it.

The fact this this guy is blaming Bain, seven years after the fact and that this is an "effective ad" like candycrackcorn has said 100 times proves one thing. The Obama presidency has pushed America further and further toward an entitlement society. Or the guy in the ad is just a lying piece of shit political hack being exploited and manipulated by Obama's people, which is it?

Does anyone know how much Romney profited from the closing of this steel company?

Oh, of course not, he won't release his income tax returns.

We know. He busted them out. He strapped them with preferred bond issues, that he and Bain made a huge amount of money from, and choked the company to death with debt. Sorta like Paulie did in Good Fellas to that restaurant.

The fact this this guy is blaming Bain, seven years after the fact and that this is an "effective ad" like candycrackcorn has said 100 times proves one thing. The Obama presidency has pushed America further and further toward an entitlement society. Or the guy in the ad is just a lying piece of shit political hack being exploited and manipulated by Obama's people, which is it?

Both

LMAO. Rush bitch slaps Romney for their response to this ad.

Rush Limbaugh On Romneycare Defense: A ‘Goldmine’ For Obama | TPM2012

“Andrea Saul’s appearance on Fox was a potential gold mine for Obama supporters,” he said. “They can say, ‘Romneycare was the basis for our health care.’”

I don’t know the people at the Romney campaign but I’m gonna tell you…your candidate is accused of killing a woman because … this isn’t about health insurance! They’re out there saying that your guy killed this woman! and your answer is well she’d of had health insurance if she lived in Massachusetts.

“Andrea Saul’s appearance on Fox was a potential gold mine for Obama supporters,” he said. “They can say, ‘Romneycare was the basis for our health care.’”

I don’t know the people at the Romney campaign but I’m gonna tell you…your candidate is accused of killing a woman because … this isn’t about health insurance! They’re out there saying that your guy killed this woman! and your answer is well she’d of had health insurance if she lived in Massachusetts.
It shows that even the Willard Mitt, rhymes with ...., campaign recognizes the ad is about the devastating effects on a family that come when they have no health care insurance!!!

That's hilarious!

Stuttering LimpBoy is pissed off at Willard Mitt, rhymes with...., because he violated one of his mentor's cardinal rules of propaganda.

“Propaganda must not serve the truth especially not insofar as it might bring out something favorable for the opponent”
Adolf Hitler

Last edited:
The one topic we cannot discuss......Obama's record!!!

USUnemploymentObamavBushandClinton.jpg

Last edited:

Well, it's my opinion that it's an effective ad. Anyone of us could be in that chair.
If you disagree with me, thats what makes horse racing.

Calling the widower a "lying piece of shit" isn't helpful to anyone though. In my opinion.

Union membership is down to about 12% of the workforce. And I kind of doubt it's some sort of national secret that the parasitic nature of their relationship with their hosts is killing businesses. But by all means, knock yourself out. Put it on a billboard if you want:
Murf76 says unions are sucking companies dry! :lmao:

Well, I was speaking of The Romney Campaign trying to blame unions. But whatever.

Thank you.

Well there are mysterious tax records that he won't release and about 10 documented flip flops which speaks to the Governor's casual relationship with his convictions. If you say you're for a woman's right to choose one day and say you're against it the next; isn't that dishonesty?

Forum List

Back