Obama the Lawless

Nothing illegal, or the Pub adults would have DONE SOMETHING, brainwashed chumps...Obama has done fewer EOs than any president since Grover Cleveland...

If there ARE any Pub adults left...

"Justice Antonin Scalia, as he often does, led the charge against the Obama administration’s position. He argued that the president’s use of the recess appointments to fill empty slots on the National Labor Relations Board “flatly contradicts the clear text of the Constitution.” When U.S. Solicitor General Donald Verrilli defended the decision by saying the Constitution is ambiguous on that question, Scalia retorted, “It’s been assumed to be ambiguous by self-interested presidents,” to gasps and laughs in the chamber."
Sure sounds like the Supreme Court?s going to rule against Obama on recess appointments « Hot Air

[

"One big difference between then and now, though, is that everyone assumed a ruling against the mandate would be no better than 5-4. Obama had four liberal justices in the bag for his position, as usual; the only question was whether they could get one conservative. Per Moe Lane, the word from SCOTUSblog about this morning’s arguments is that even some of the liberals seem ready to abandon ship."
Sure sounds like the Supreme Court?s going to rule against Obama on recess appointments « Hot Air

It might also be irrelevent. Since Reid deployed the Nuclear Option, the Republicans can't filibuster appointments and Obama will fill the courts and agencies with the folks he wants, anyway.

So it's like closing the gate AFTER the horse got out.

Poor Joe, vying hopelessly for most clueless poster here.
It will always matter because Obama's illegal appointees made hundreds of decisions that will be voided if their appointments are found invalid.

What made Charlie Strangelove Change Parties is that the Democrats aren't as slavishly devoted to the cause of Zionism as the Republicans are.

Poor Joe. When stupid runs out he doubles down on jew-hating.

5000 Americans are dead because we fought a pointless war in Iraq that PNAC and AIPAC insisted we had to fight, with Bill Krystol and Charlie Strangelove leading the charge.

Who, exactly, led the charge?

Bulletin for ErroneousJoe:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18,1998.

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

The U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section 2, Paragraph 3 (last para in section 2):

The President shall have power to fill up all VACANCIES THAT MAY HAPPEN DURING THE RECESS OF THE SENATE, by granting commissions which will expire at the end of their next session.

Now, would someone please show me where the President has the power to make recess appointments except when the vacancy occurs during a recess of the Senate? Much less an appointment to fill a vacancy that occurred while the Senate was in session, and make that appointment while the Senate is in session?

Actually, I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to show me where in the Constitution the President is granted power to issue Executive Orders other than those required in the performance of his Duty to 'execute' the Laws passed by Congress and signed into Law by Himself?

I am not a great fan of Charles Krauthammer....but when he hits one out of the park....got to give up the creds.

if you're not a fan of krauthammer why do you keep posting him? just wondering.

as for "lawlessness", and unconstitutionality…. that's laughable in light of the past administration.

if the legislature or president act unconstitutionally, that would be something for the court to rule on. presidents don't get tossed from office for doing things the far right doesn't agree with (or the far left for that matter).

let me know when there's a high crime or misdemeanor in there…

until then, i'm hitting the snooze button and waiting for the obama derangement syndrome to play itself out.

1. "if you're not a fan of krauthammer why do you keep posting him? just wondering."
I believe this was the first....

But, for your benefit, I'll provide another OP about Krauthammer next week.....stay tuned.

2. "as for "lawlessness", and unconstitutionality…. that's laughable in light of the past administration."

Well....if you objected to "lawlessness", and unconstitutionality…" in the past.....why would you reverse your opinion in this case?

Logic is not your strength, is it.

3. "let me know when there's a high crime or misdemeanor in there…"

The reason why it would be unwise to proceed toward any impeachment is this:

It's called the LTKD strategy: 'let them keep digging,' after the old political adage that when your opponent is digging himself into a hole, get out of the way and don't interfere.

I didn't vote for this dunce....and all of the folks who acted as I did have been proven to be far smarter than those who did vote for him.
True?

Emancipation Proclamation - Executive order
Desegregation of the Armed Forces - Executive order
The New Deal - EO
Japanese-American Internment - EO
Indian Reservations - EO

Obama the "lawless". :lol:

Would you explain which laws the above contradicted and/or eviscerated?

The "lawless" term applies to re-writing laws from the executive branch.
Surely you see that.

Case in point:

"...Obama’s administration has opened a loophole in the 1996 welfare reform legislation big enough to make the law ineffective. Its work requirement — the central feature of the legislation — has been diluted beyond recognition by the bureaucrats at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

On Thursday of last week, HHS issued regulations that modified — gutted — the work requirement. Its new regulations allow the states to substitute education programs for work to get welfare benefits. The regs say that “vocational educational training or job search/readiness programs” “count as well” in meeting the basic condition that recipients work in order to receive welfare benefits.

The Congress specifically prohibited the use of education or training to fulfill the requirement. When it passed welfare reform, Congress expressly limited the authority of the secretary of HHS to waive the work requirement.

“Section 415(a)(2)(B) of the welfare reform act, now codified at 42 U.S.C. § 615(a)(2)(B), expressly states that ‘a waiver granted under section 1315 of this title [the one that HHS now claims it is acting under] or otherwise which relates to the provision of assistance under a State program funded under this part (as in effect on Sept. 30, 1996) shall not affect the applicability of section 607 of this title [which applies the work requirements] to the State.’ In short, whatever else might be said of the scope of the waiver authority, the Secretary has no lawful authority to waive the work requirements of section 607, which is what HHS is contemplating in its Memorandum.”

....Obama’s strategy of expanding his political base by widening the dependency on government handouts."
Obama kills welfare reform | TheHill
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

What do you do when the president refuses to obey the law?

Seems ether we have no recourse or nobody has the guts to do anything.

What's to stop him from stealing another election removing any barrier of any kind to his tyranny?

What do you do when the president refuses to obey the law?

Seems ether we have no recourse or nobody has the guts to do anything.

What's to stop him from stealing another election removing any barrier of any kind to his tyranny?

Sigh. ..it's 2006 all over again..

I am not a great fan of Charles Krauthammer....but when he hits one out of the park....got to give up the creds.

1. "...Krauthammer Explains Obama's Lawlessness....

2. ....Krauthammer called President Obama’s executive actions “unbelievably unconstitutional” and lawless.

3. .... if the President were a Republican, “the people would be up in arms and would be impeaching.”

4. ..... if the President were a Republican, “the people would be up in arms and would be impeaching.”

5. if the President were a Republican, “the people would be up in arms and would be impeaching.”

6. “Whether it is making unlawful payments to congressional health care plans, making recess appointments in violation of the Constitution, or urging federal contractors to violate the WARN Act,” Kloster said, “this administration has taken numerous actions that are abusive or plainly unlawful.”

7. .... “if Congress won’t act, I will.” ....is not consistent with the Constitution:

'Frankly, circumventing the constitutional role that Congress plays in our Republic cannot be justified, no matter what the policy goals. Every President takes an oath to “preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution” and has a constitutional duty to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” '
Charles Krauthammer Explains Obama's Lawlessness in 50 Seconds

Shakespeare reminded:

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”

Seems that even a constitutional law instructor can show total disregard for the Constitution.

This is where Krauthammer got the lawless talking point. Your leaders are fucking crazy:

Rachel beat him up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY8trqxjUag]Kansas Republican And Rachel Maddow Clash Over Benghazi And Obama 'cheerleading' - YouTube[/ame]

1. "...Krauthammer Explains Obama's Lawlessness....

2. ....Krauthammer called President Obama’s executive actions “unbelievably unconstitutional” and lawless.

3. .... if the President were a Republican, “the people would be up in arms and would be impeaching.”

4. ..... if the President were a Republican, “the people would be up in arms and would be impeaching.”

5. if the President were a Republican, “the people would be up in arms and would be impeaching.”

6. “Whether it is making unlawful payments to congressional health care plans, making recess appointments in violation of the Constitution, or urging federal contractors to violate the WARN Act,” Kloster said, “this administration has taken numerous actions that are abusive or plainly unlawful.”

7. .... “if Congress won’t act, I will.” ....is not consistent with the Constitution:

'Frankly, circumventing the constitutional role that Congress plays in our Republic cannot be justified, no matter what the policy goals. Every President takes an oath to “preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution” and has a constitutional duty to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” '
Charles Krauthammer Explains Obama's Lawlessness in 50 Seconds

Shakespeare reminded:

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”

Seems that even a constitutional law instructor can show total disregard for the Constitution.

This is where Krauthammer got the lawless talking point. Your leaders are fucking crazy:

Rachel beat him up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY8trqxjUag]Kansas Republican And Rachel Maddow Clash Over Benghazi And Obama 'cheerleading' - YouTube[/ame]

I don't have a leader....I think for myself.

But I can understand why you might use the term 'leader.'

Krauthammer the insanely lame and stupid.

I mean, look at the guy:

155060_5_.jpg

He's a third-rate Bond villain.

Forum List

Back