Obama throws Bush under the bus......accuses him of torture

"As far back as the U.S. occupation of the Philippines after the 1898 Spanish-American War, U.S. soldiers were court-martialed for using the "water cure" to question Filipino guerrillas."

"The court awarded $766 million in damages, noting in its findings that "the plaintiffs experienced human rights violations including, but not limited to . . . the water cure,..."

"We know that U.S. military tribunals and U.S. judges have examined certain types of water-based interrogation and found that they constituted torture."

Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime

Whether you were aware of these things or not - they are facts.

Obama: U.S. 'crossed a line,' tortured after 9/11 - CNN.com

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama acknowledged Friday that the United States "crossed a line" and tortured al Qaeda detainees after the 9/11 terror attacks.
The comments at a White House news conference were the President's strongest on the controversial subject since he came into office denouncing what he described as the Bush years of torturing alleged terrorists, also known as "enhanced interrogation."
"When we engaged in some of these enhanced interrogation techniques, techniques that I believe and I think any fair-minded person would believe were torture, we crossed a line," Obama said. "And that needs to be ... understood and accepted. And we have to, as a country, take responsibility for that so that hopefully we don't do it again in the future."

About time our country stopped covering for the abuses of Bush/Cheney
Rightwinger, instead of throwing bush under the bus I would have been far happier if he had throw both bush and cheney in front of the world court.

Yukio Asano was convicted specifically for waterboarding.

http://public-access-project.org/asano_case.pdf

Lying again, comrade?

{ Yukio Asano, did, willfully and unlawfully,
brutally mistreat and torture Thomas B. Armitage, William O. Cash, and M unroe Dave
Woodall, American Prisoners of War by beating and kicking them, by forcing water into
their mouths and noses; and by pressing lighted cigarettes against their bodies}

Why did we even bring up waterboarding in his trial if it is not a criminal offense?

Why didnt he bold the "forcing water" part? :lol:

Lying again, comrade?

brutally mistreat and torture Thomas B. Armitage, William O. Cash, and M unroe Dave
Woodall, American Prisoners of War by beating and kicking them, by forcing water into
their mouths and noses; and by pressing lighted cigarettes against their bodies}

Why did we even bring up waterboarding in his trial if it is not a criminal offense?

Oh my the far left and their boring talking points and programmed responses.

Lying again, comrade?

He is trying to claim that because of additional acts on top of waterboarding that it somehow negates the fact that we prosecuted for waterboarding

Waterboarding has been accepted as a form of torture around the world. It is without question, torture. We also conducted other "enhanced interrogation" that is borderline torture and is beneath a country such as the US

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama acknowledged Friday that the United States "crossed a line" and tortured al Qaeda detainees after the 9/11 terror attacks.
The comments at a White House news conference were the President's strongest on the controversial subject since he came into office denouncing what he described as the Bush years of torturing alleged terrorists, also known as "enhanced interrogation."
"When we engaged in some of these enhanced interrogation techniques, techniques that I believe and I think any fair-minded person would believe were torture, we crossed a line," Obama said. "And that needs to be ... understood and accepted. And we have to, as a country, take responsibility for that so that hopefully we don't do it again in the future."

Telling the nation and world the truth isn't throwing the bush boy or anyone under the bus.

Obama told the truth and did what's right.

Now all that needs to be done is to hold the bush boy and cheney responsible for their war crimes.

He is trying to claim that because of additional acts on top of waterboarding that it somehow negates the fact that we prosecuted for waterboarding

Waterboarding has been accepted as a form of torture around the world. It is without question, torture. We also conducted other "enhanced interrogation" that is borderline torture and is beneath a country such as the US

what the US did to 3 muslim murderers is not the same as what the Japanese did during WW2. The procedure was totally different. But you don't care about the facts, your only mission here is to post dem/lib lies and talking points.

you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. We all know who and what you are. The word "sheep" comes to mind.

Telling the nation and world the truth isn't throwing the bush boy or anyone under the bus.

Now all that needs to be done is to hold the bush boy and cheney responsible for their war crimes.

Obama continued every one of the Bush/Cheney policies, so I guess you want him up for trial as well, right?

Obama also used drones to kill innocent people, some of them americans, is that a war crime?

And the far left believes that this all stopped in 2009.

Then again what do you expect for those that hold FDR as hero for throwing the Japanese in America in camps.

what the US did to 3 muslim murderers is not the same as what the Japanese did during WW2. The procedure was totally different. But you don't care about the facts, your only mission here is to post dem/lib lies and talking points.

you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. We all know who and what you are. The word "sheep" comes to mind.

Excuse #2 It is not torture when WE do it

So are you going to do the same for Obama and the far left that are silent now?

Are you going to condemn Obama for his illegal wars?

Obama continued every one of the Bush/Cheney policies, so I guess you want him up for trial as well, right?

Obama also used drones to kill innocent people, some of them americans, is that a war crime?

Do you have a link showing where Obama personally approved torture?

Lying again, comrade?

Because that is not what waterboarding is.

One of the first things Obama did when he took office was to rescind the Bush Cheney torture policy.

http://whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/ensuring-lawful-interrogations

Last edited:
Bush is guilty of a lot more than torture and other war crimes.

10544355_683273681765689_2001464324634595419_n.jpg

I'm very curious what type of interrogation techniques Obama would have authorized if he had been President on 9-11-2001 if any.

being the muslime that he is, he would have praised that terrorist action and danced in the streets as did millions of his muslime buddies. :up:

If Obama is a muslim then he's the worst muslim on the planet.

Obama attended a catholic christian grade school growing up.

Obama attended a christian church for 20 years.

Obama married a christian woman, in a christian church and had his daughters baptized muslim.

Obama drinks alcohol and eats pork.

Obama doesn't face Mecca 5 times a day to pray. Obama doesn't pray 5 times a day at all.

Obama has never gone to Mecca on that mandatory pilgrimage that all muslims are supposed to take at least once in their lives.

Obama had killed bin laden and has had our troops kill thousands of muslims.

So if Obama is a muslim then he hides it very well and is the worst muslim on the face of the earth.

Obama isn't a muslim and you're full of garbage.

Both actual tortue - acts that cause permanent, physical damage and interrogation were used.

You leftists are desperate to fabricate a case.

I'm very curious what type of interrogation techniques Obama would have authorized if he had been President on 9-11-2001 if any.

being the muslime that he is, he would have praised that terrorist action and danced in the streets as did millions of his muslime buddies. :up:

If Obama is a muslim then he's the worst muslim on the planet.

Obama attended a catholic christian grade school growing up.

Obama attended a christian church for 20 years.

Obama married a christian woman, in a christian church and had his daughters baptized muslim.

Obama drinks alcohol and eats pork.

Obama doesn't face Mecca 5 times a day to pray. Obama doesn't pray 5 times a day at all.

Obama has never gone to Mecca on that mandatory pilgrimage that all muslims are supposed to take at least once in their lives.

Obama had killed bin laden and has had our troops kill thousands of muslims.

So if Obama is a muslim then he hides it very well and is the worst muslim on the face of the earth.

Obama isn't a muslim and you're full of garbage.

The Obama daughters are not baptized Muslim. (Muslims don't baptize.) Just as bad though is that they're baptized baptist.

He gets prayers and christian messages to his phone every day.

Well who could question the procedure after you failed to point out the differences?

Forum List

Back