Obama to Republicans....You did build this

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
President Obama's message to Republicans on their candidate Donald Trump? You built this.

"The problem is not all Republicans think the way that guy does," "The problem is they’ve been riding this tiger for a long time. They’ve been feeding this base all kinds of crazy for years.”

Obama slammed Trump — who was speaking to a Cincinnati rally at the exact same time —for his rhetoric and actions toward women. But he reserved some of his harshest criticism for Republicans who knew better and didn't stop fringe parts of their party that fed on conspiracies like the allegation that Obama wasn't born in America.

"Don't act like this started with Donald Trump. He took it to a whole other level. I have to give him credit," Obama said.

Obama to Republicans: You fed the crazy

Butthurt Obama is a hateful douchebag just like Crooked Hillary.

As usual, Obama has it wrong. Washington did this. Obama did this. How is obummer's good friend Iran treating him? America is worse because of obummer and the democrats! Democrats are assholes. Democrats hate Catholics, Christians and needy latinos. Roflmao.

President Obama's message to Republicans on their candidate Donald Trump? You built this.

"The problem is not all Republicans think the way that guy does," "The problem is they’ve been riding this tiger for a long time. They’ve been feeding this base all kinds of crazy for years.”

Obama slammed Trump — who was speaking to a Cincinnati rally at the exact same time —for his rhetoric and actions toward women. But he reserved some of his harshest criticism for Republicans who knew better and didn't stop fringe parts of their party that fed on conspiracies like the allegation that Obama wasn't born in America.

"Don't act like this started with Donald Trump. He took it to a whole other level. I have to give him credit," Obama said.

I don't know if Obama was really born in Hawaii, but I really don't think it should matter anyway. I just found an article on this from Government Executive that excellently conveys what I'm getting at here. Here's an excerpt:
...there’s no spiritual difference between being born on a US military base in Panama and a city in Canada. Neither one makes a potential candidate any more or less qualified, any more or less patriotic.

Because being born in the United States is not an accomplishment. It takes no particular skill. Any natural-born citizen of this is simply a member of the Lucky Sperm Club. If an individual has spent the majority of their life in the United States, paid their taxes here, and cast votes in US elections, is that not a far stronger demonstration of patriotism than the completely mindless act of descending from the right birth canal at the right place and time? America didn’t even have a president technically born in the United States until 1841, with the election of John Tyler. Each and every one of his predecessors were British subjects at birth. It would have been impossible to insist on electing a natural-born citizen then, and it certainly doesn’t make any more sense to insist upon it now.

Beyond that, the natural-born clause is xenophobic, exceptionalist, and not a bit paranoid. It implies inborn superiority to those who are simply the beneficiaries of dumb luck. And more insidiously, the birtherism it inspires signals that Ted Cruz, or whoever is under the birther microscope at a given time, is “not one of us.” They are “others”—not adequately committed to the national project to merit election. (It doesn’t help that Cruz has a Hispanic surname.) Xenophobia is xenophobia, racism is racism—it was gross when Donald Trump questioned Barack Obama’s eligibility for the presidency, and it’s gross now.

Source: No, It Doesn't Matter Where the President of the United States Was Born

The republican party is like a church picnic that suddenly turned into a lynch mob.

He should be planning his zero accomplishments Presidential library. I'm sorry he did have two one will be in the room of "I stole the Nobel Peace Prize from someone who deserved it more" the other will be "I'm the first black President who did absolutely nothing to improve Black Communities and race relations."

He should be planning his zero accomplishments Presidential library. I'm sorry he did have two one will be in the room of "I stole the Nobel Peace Prize from someone who deserved it more" the other will be "I'm the first black President who did absolutely nothing to improve Black Communities and race relations."
You people are just not prepared for a president Obama finally able to speak his mind. He is not going away to hide like Bush did.

You people are just not prepared for a president Obama finally able to speak his mind. He is not going away to hide like Bush did.

We never listened to the big eared disaster to begin with...you did and look where it got us. Disaster

The republican party is like a church picnic that suddenly turned into a lynch mob.

It's funny, because the Republican Party used to be the"sensible" party led by intellectuals

Now they have become a rebrand of the Know Nothings and the John Birch Society. No rhetoric is too vile, no accusation too bizarre. It has become a party based on hatred and fear and it is fed by the rightwing media

Barrack who?
Here's exhibit one of the kind of malicious insanity republicans legitimized just to win a lousy midterm election.

You're a class A exhibit why there should be a screening process to vote....and to gain membership to this forum. Between you, Rderp, LaKooKoo and Matthew it's went to hell in a handbasket

Obungles is worthless and weak and only small minded fools take anything he says serious

Obama's accomplishments:
Prevented a Depression
14 million jobs
More than doubled the Stock Market
Got combat troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq
Killed bin Laden
Obamacare
Gay rights in the military and marriage
Recognition of Cuba
Iran nuclear disarmament

He has a mind? Who knew!

Well that does it...If Obama says it, then that settles it...cause he would NEVER lie.

the GOP has been feeding their loons for years.... telling them that the "media" couldn't be trusted... telling them everything is a conspiracy against *them*, telling them that democrats HATE christians because we believe that christian dogma doesn't belong in legislation.....

so what did they expect when some loudmouth reality show host tells them their conspiracy lunacy is correct?

given that they've been trained to pretend that there are not "facts", it was to be expected. the GOP created this frankenstein. hopefully the rest of us won't have to live with he obscenity they've left behind.

Obama's accomplishments:
Prevented a Depression
14 million jobs
More than doubled the Stock Market
Got combat troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq
Killed bin Laden
Obamacare
Gay rights in the military and marriage
Recognition of Cuba
Iran nuclear disarmament
What a dupe...damn!

Forum List