• hell no, he is a good president

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • liberalism is a mental disorder

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • don't insult my president...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
every pres says same too, its all relative, and the media loves it, so its the worst ever, krugman had some interesting things to say about the Reagan recovery, do you know what he said?

so are we in for 8 years of FDR recovery? you can check the records for 82-83-84. Reagan didn't have a supra majority, a reconciliation majority none of that, nor did he have gobs of stimulus money to throw at it either, so I'd say that evens things up. And here we sit.

He spent money in the form of tax cuts. Same thing as stimulus.

And of course then he raised taxes later on anyway.

I'm glad Obama finally released his BC. Now this controversy can end. I just wish he would have done this a long time ago. He only hurt himself by being so secretive.

Obama released his BC for 2 reasons. First was that recent poll that came out that showed only 30-something percent of people believed he was really born in the US. The second was the fact Trump was calling him out and had no plans on backing down until he released it.

Faced with those 2 factors Obama had little choice to cave in and release it.

Regardless, I'm glad it's over.

Yes, Obama has been kicking the proverbial can down the proverbial road for too long and it came back to bite him in the ass. Glad Trump brought it out and that it is OVER, and we can now get back to Obama's fabulous economic plans for, not this country, but the world. :eusa_whistle: Oil and American's taxpayer dollars for Bermuda. :cuckoo: "Drill baby drill."

Watch out! One blogger thinks Obama spent a lot of money on defending his BC. And 4 people agree with him!

Must be true then.

I'm glad Obama finally released his BC. Now this controversy can end. I just wish he would have done this a long time ago. He only hurt himself by being so secretive.

Obama released his BC for 2 reasons. First was that recent poll that came out that showed only 30-something percent of people believed he was really born in the US. The second was the fact Trump was calling him out and had no plans on backing down until he released it.

Faced with those 2 factors Obama had little choice to cave in and release it.

Regardless, I'm glad it's over.

Yes, Obama has been kicking the proverbial can down the proverbial road for too long and it came back to bite him in the ass. Glad Trump brought it out and that it is OVER, and we can now get back to Obama's fabulous economic plans for, not this country, but the world. :eusa_whistle: Oil and American's taxpayer dollars for Bermuda. :cuckoo: "Drill baby drill."

And Oil exploration going to Brazil and Argentina courtesy of the US Taxpayer.

I know it was meant to be a slam, but psychosis is the calling card of schizophrenia. Schizophrenics are so disordered in their thought process that they have a hard time carrying on a conversation with you in person, let alone on a message board.

I do suspect that this board has it's fair share of paranoid personality disorders, but I would relegate that to the Terrel's and other conspiracy wingnuts.

Yes, yes, but sometimes hyperbole makes more effective slams.

:)

Well as we have all confirmed today, the birthers are racist. They have been racist the entire time and now the tea party darlings are being shown for who they are. Frauds. Not a movement, just old, mad white people.

While you're all tuned into the wrong fucking channel....

Consumer lawsuits: Supreme Court ruling may limit class-action consumer lawsuits - latimes.com

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court gave corporations a major win Wednesday, ruling in a 5-4 decision that companies can block their disgruntled customers from joining together in a class-action lawsuit. The ruling arose from a California lawsuit involving cellphones, but it will have a nationwide impact.

In the past, consumers who bought a product or a service had been free to join a class-action lawsuit if they were dissatisfied or felt they had been cheated. By combining these small claims, they could bring a major lawsuit against a corporation.

But in Wednesday's decision, the high court said that under the Federal Arbitration Act companies can force these disgruntled customers to arbitrate their complaints individually, not as part of a group. Consumer-rights advocates said this rule would spell the end for small claims involving products or services.

In the case before the court, a Southern California couple complained about a $30 charge involving their purchase of cellphone service from AT&T Mobility. The California courts said they were entitled to join with others in bringing a class-action claim against the cellphone company.

But the Supreme Court reversed that decision Wednesday in AT&T Mobility vs. Concepcion. Justice Antonin Scalia said companies may require buyers to sign arbitration agreements, and those agreements may preclude class-action claims. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justices Anthony Kennedy, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr. formed the majority.

Scalia said companies like arbitration because it is efficient and less costly. "Arbitration is poorly suited to the higher stakes of class litigation," he said.

But the dissenters said a practical ban on class action would be unfair to cheated consumers. Justice Stephen G. Breyer said the California courts had insisted on permitting class-action claims, despite arbitration clauses that forbade them. Otherwise, he said, it would allow a company to "insulate" itself "from liability for its own frauds by deliberately cheating large numbers of consumers out of individually small sums of money."

Breyer added that a ban on class actions would prevent lawyers from representing clients for small claims. "What rational lawyer would have signed on to represent the Concepcions in litigation for the possibility of fees stemming from a $30.22 claim?" he wrote. Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan joined his dissent.

The court itself divided along partisan lines. All five Republican appointes formed the majority, and four Democratic appointees dissented.

Still pending before the court is a major dispute over class-action suits involving job discrimination. Lawyers for Wal-Mart have asked the justices to throw out a sex-discrimination claim brought on behalf of 1.5 million current and past female employees.

WHAAAAAT? Holy shit. That is fucked up.

Well as we have all confirmed today, the birthers are racist. They have been racist the entire time and now the tea party darlings are being shown for who they are. Frauds. Not a movement, just old, mad white people.

Better to be an old, mad, white person than any kind of black person. LOL!

mmmmm light up or leave me alone

There's been some major news developments in the last 24 hours. This birth b.s. has overtaken it all. The rising anger over the Ryan plan and Meducare, the deterioration of the situation in Mexico to the point State is issuing travel warnings, the Pharmaceutical CEO told he can't do business anymore, the Fed Reserve press conference, one of the worst SCOTUS ruling in history, the impending Walmart ruling, the biggest identity theft hacker incident in US history...

But Obama released his long form birth certificate today. Yippee for the American voter.

There's been some major news developments in the last 24 hours. This birth b.s. has overtaken it all. The rising anger over the Ryan plan and Meducare, the deterioration of the situation in Mexico to the point State is issuing travel warnings, the Pharmaceutical CEO told he can't do business anymore, the Fed Reserve press conference, one of the worst SCOTUS ruling in history, the impending Walmart ruling, the biggest identity theft hacker incident in US history...

But Obama released his long form birth certificate today. Yippee for the American voter.

Rising anger over the Ryan plan? There is rising approval - and his plan is more popular among every age group except the 18-29 year olds.

Americans Divided Over Ryan vs. Obama Deficit Plans

Last edited:
I suspect it was because Fox was focused on the Bernanke Presser instead.
You suspect wrong. Royal Wedding and storms.

fox usally covers everything he does, everywhere,Ii have had to switch off umpteen times, trust me.....this is a one off. and frankly, I would think you would be glad that they concentrated on what was important, the bernanke presser , no?
They may have shown Ben's presser, but that's it. During the hour I forced myself to watch, they didn't mention it once, although they had it on the scroll.

They spent only 3 minutes on the BC, talking to Alan Colmes about it.

Forum List

Back