Obama will not attend

GW Bush will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral along with his family. Tell me more about the security problem. Obama didn't have a problem spending millions of the taxpayers money to go to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa along with the security costs, but you are worried about security in California. With all the high level dignitaries that are attending, one more (Obama) would hardly add to the problem.

I didn't say a word about 'cost'. I said its a huge security hassle that overshadows and dominates the event itself. I said that a president's security is imposing, intrusive and dominates whatever event it involves. Instead of the event being about Nancy Reagan and her family, its about the President.

And GW's security detail is tiny fraction of the President's. Former president's go to these events all the time. Sittings presidents almost never do.

Obama didn't in 2011. GW didn't in 2007. Clinton didn't in 1993. Reagan didn't in 1982.

The only instance of a sitting president attending the funeral of a first lady in the last 40 years.......was Jack-O's funeral. And that's because Clinton was asked to give the eulogy.

You're trying so hard to be offended, to make up yet another in an endless series of manufactured outrages. And history demonstrates that you're shitting yourself for no particular reason.

I noticed you didn't make any comment about the massive security costs when Obama went to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa. And, there are dozens of other dignitaries that will require security at the Reagan funeral.

For the third time....I haven't mentioned costs. You have. You're so irrationally and emotionally invested in your manufactured outrage that you're not even reading what you're replying to. Its a given that you're not reading any of this either. So I'm going to post my previous remarks on the matter in a large font in the hopes of piercing your shroud of panty shitting hysterics.

I didn't say a word about 'cost'. I said its a huge security hassle that overshadows and dominates the event itself. I said that a president's security is imposing, intrusive and dominates whatever event it involves. Instead of the event being about Nancy Reagan and her family, its about the President.

Did you get that this time?

I got it and I consider it a pile of bullshit.

Clearly you didn't 'get it'. As the only one bringing up costs....was you. Over and over again. I never have. I cited how utterly intrustive, imposing and dominating over the event a president's security it.

If you think the security hassle would be any more than what is already planned you are delusional. Does Michelle get any security?

Not the same as the president. Not even close. You're literally arguing your own ignorance. They don't even shut down airspace when the First lady is in town. They lock down entire airports if the President is so much as getting a haircut.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. And your bone ignorance doesn't translate into our outrage. You're just shitting yourself.

And you don't even have a good reason. As sitting presidents almost *never* attend these events. Not GW, not Reagan, not Obama, not Clinton.

It didn't bother Obama when he took a date night out in NYC and shut the city down.

And GW's security detail is tiny fraction of the President's. Former president's go to these events all the time. Sittings presidents almost never do.

Obama didn't in 2011. GW didn't in 2007. Clinton didn't in 1993. Reagan didn't in 1982.

The only instance of a sitting president attending the funeral of a first lady in the last 40 years.......was Jack-O's funeral. And that's because Clinton was asked to give the eulogy.

You're trying so hard to be offended, to make up yet another in an endless series of manufactured outrages. And history demonstrates that you're shitting yourself for no particular reason.

I noticed you didn't make any comment about the massive security costs when Obama went to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa. And, there are dozens of other dignitaries that will require security at the Reagan funeral.

For the third time....I haven't mentioned costs. You have. You're so irrationally and emotionally invested in your manufactured outrage that you're not even reading what you're replying to. Its a given that you're not reading any of this either. So I'm going to post my previous remarks on the matter in a large font in the hopes of piercing your shroud of panty shitting hysterics.

Clearly you didn't 'get it'. As the only one bringing up costs....was you. Over and over again. I never have. I cited how utterly intrustive, imposing and dominating over the event a president's security it.

If you think the security hassle would be any more than what is already planned you are delusional. Does Michelle get any security?

Not the same as the president. Not even close. You're literally arguing your own ignorance. They don't even shut down airspace when the First lady is in town. They lock down entire airports if the President is so much as getting a haircut.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. And your bone ignorance doesn't translate into our outrage. You're just shitting yourself.

And you don't even have a good reason. As sitting presidents almost *never* attend these events. Not GW, not Reagan, not Obama, not Clinton.

It didn't bother Obama when he took a date night out in NYC and shut the city down.

And your solution...is for him to go to Nancy's furneral and inflict that level of security, scrutiny and imposition on her entire grieving family?

Sigh....its like watching a dog chase its own tail. You just made my argument for me.

Thank you.

Why am I not surprised?
...at another deranged, un-reasoned Obama-bashing thread.
Not bashing, just wondering why a sitting president wouldn't attend a first ladies funeral. I mean he will attend a festival instead. I'm sure there is golf involved.
Because it's not an 'issue' – you and other rightwing partisan hacks are trying to contrive a 'controversy' where none exists; this is just another ridiculous manifestation of ODS.

It just seems unusual that Obama could spend Millions to go to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa but can't be bothered to attend a former First Lady's funeral in California. I say that makes it an issue. He doesn't have a problem taking AF 1 to California rather frequently for a fund raiser at a friends house.

And as sitting presidents almost *never* going to the funerals of first ladies demonstrates, not Reagan, not Obama, not Clinton, not GW......you're bending over backwards to be offended. You're desperate to be angry.

And you're simply being irrational. A president's security detail is enormously intrusive. There's a reason why sitting presidents almost never go to these events.

Oh, and virtually *every* world leader in the western world was at Mandela's funeral.

List of dignitaries at the memorial service of Nelson Mandela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

None are showing up for Nancy.

None were invited.

And your solution...is for him to go to Nancy's furneral and inflict that level of security, scrutiny and imposition on her entire grieving family?

Sigh....its like watching a dog chase its own tail. You just made my argument for me.

Thank you.

Only a fool thinks the security won't be just as intrusive whether the President is there or not.

Not bashing, just wondering why a sitting president wouldn't attend a first ladies funeral. I mean he will attend a festival instead. I'm sure there is golf involved.
Because it's not an 'issue' – you and other rightwing partisan hacks are trying to contrive a 'controversy' where none exists; this is just another ridiculous manifestation of ODS.

It just seems unusual that Obama could spend Millions to go to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa but can't be bothered to attend a former First Lady's funeral in California. I say that makes it an issue. He doesn't have a problem taking AF 1 to California rather frequently for a fund raiser at a friends house.

And as sitting presidents almost *never* going to the funerals of first ladies demonstrates, not Reagan, not Obama, not Clinton, not GW......you're bending over backwards to be offended. You're desperate to be angry.

And you're simply being irrational. A president's security detail is enormously intrusive. There's a reason why sitting presidents almost never go to these events.

Oh, and virtually *every* world leader in the western world was at Mandela's funeral.

List of dignitaries at the memorial service of Nelson Mandela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

None are showing up for Nancy.

None were invited.

They weren't coming anyway. Nancy isn't Mandela.

Thank you.

Only a fool thinks the security won't be just as intrusive whether the President is there or not.

So they shut down NY every time Michelle visits?

Laughing.....you don't have the slightest fucking clue what you're talking about, do you?

Reagan not attending Bess Truman's funeral...I guess the makes Ronnie "classless" as well?

If not for double standards, they'd have none at all.

I am rather pleased that Obama isn't going to Nancy's funeral. He probably would have demonstrated his lack of class like he did at the Mandela funeral.

Go to the link and see it in pictures, then deny it ever happened.

‘It appears the president could be in the doghouse with first lady Michelle Obama after a selfie with a couple of European leaders at Nelson Mandela's funeral.

Interpreting a series of photos taken at Mandela's memorial service Tuesday, it looked likePresident Barack Obama was having fun posing for a selfiewith British Prime Minister David Cameron and Denmark Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, while wife Michelle Obama wanted no part of it.

In another series of three photos, Obama is seen chatting with a smiling Thorning-Schmidt, with the president touching her on her shoulder. In the third photo, the president and the first lady switched seats. While it is not known who suggested the seat change, Twitter users clearly feel it was the first lady's call.’

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/michelle-obama-barack-switch-seats/2013/12/10/id/541059/#ixzz42Y00T4YL

Reagan not attending Bess Truman's funeral...I guess the makes Ronnie "classless" as well?

I am rather pleased that Obama isn't going to Nancy's funeral.

Then why pages and pages of whining about it?

He probably would have demonstrated his lack of class like he did at the Mandela funeral.

‘It appears the president could be in the doghouse with first lady Michelle Obama after a selfie with a couple of European leaders at Nelson Mandela's funeral.

Interpreting a series of photos taken at Mandela's memorial service Tuesday, it looked likePresident Barack Obama was having fun posing for a selfiewith British Prime Minister David Cameron and Denmark Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, while wife Michelle Obama wanted no part of it.

In another series of three photos, Obama is seen chatting with a smiling Thorning-Schmidt, with the president touching her on her shoulder. In the third photo, the president and the first lady switched seats. While it is not known who suggested the seat change, Twitter users clearly feel it was the first lady's call.’

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/michelle-obama-barack-switch-seats/2013/12/10/id/541059/#ixzz42Y00T4YL

Laughing....you're whining about a selfie the president took?

Do you realize how utterly you're making the 'Obama Derangement Syndrome' argument for me?

He probably would have demonstrated his lack of class like he did at the Mandela funeral.

Do you realize how utterly you're making the 'Obama Derangement Syndrome' argument for me?

Obama looking the fool to the rest of the world is hardly ODS. Maybe some day you will learn the difference between whining and posting a factual link, however I doubt it.

Obama looking the fool to the rest of the world is hardly ODS.

And now you're argument has devolved into pouting.

When you have something relevant to offer, cmon back.

I am rather pleased that Obama isn't going to Nancy's funeral. He probably would have demonstrated his lack of class like he did at the Mandela funeral.

I'm sure the British and the Danes were equally disgusted by the lack of class shown by their PMs.
In fact...I bet they're still going on about it years later.

I just read that Obama will not attend Mrs. Reagan's funeral. He has a festival to attend in Texas. Another classless act from obama.

Why am I not surprised?

For the same reason that George Bush didn't attend Lady Bird Johnson's funeral- and sent Barbara instead. And Clinton didn't attend Pat Nixon's funeral either.

First Ladies attend former First Ladies funerals apparently.

Once again- Obama is being attacked for acting as Presidential as his predicessors.

I'm trying to figure out why you people think Obama should attend nancy's funeral. I mean, other than her being the wife of one of our dumbest presidents, and helping him run the country by using the astrology charts and all.

If not for that 'dumbest' President you would still be struggling to learn how to speak Russian asshole.

Laughing......whatever revisionist horseshit gets you through the day.

Apparently your memory started in 2004. LFMFAO.

The Russians weren't moving to invade the US from 1981 through 1988. Whatever fan fiction revisionist horseshit you want to believe, believe. Just don't be surprised if we point and laugh.

Though just a quick question....where was all these conservative hysterics when Bush didn't attend Lady Bird Johnson's funeral in 2007? Or when Reagan didn't attend Bess Truman's in 1983?

Surely your sense of history doesn't begin in 2009, does it?

The USSR was taking over one country after another and had nuclear tipped ICBM's targeting US cities. Reagan caused them to collapse and only an Obama loving dipshit would deny that.

The last country the USSR attempted to 'take over' was Afghanistan- in 1979
. Prior to that you have to go back to them putting down the Czech revolution(but they had already taken over Czechkoslavakia.

Oh- and those nuclear tipped ICBM's?

Still pointed at U.S. cities.

After a couple dozen posts of you complaining that President Obama was acting just like President Bush and President Reagan- now you are happy he is?

LOL

My favorite was when his entire argument devolved into whining about Obama taking a selfie.

If not for that 'dumbest' President you would still be struggling to learn how to speak Russian asshole.

The Russians weren't moving to invade the US from 1981 through 1988. Whatever fan fiction revisionist horseshit you want to believe, believe. Just don't be surprised if we point and laugh.

Though just a quick question....where was all these conservative hysterics when Bush didn't attend Lady Bird Johnson's funeral in 2007? Or when Reagan didn't attend Bess Truman's in 1983?

The USSR was taking over one country after another and had nuclear tipped ICBM's targeting US cities. Reagan caused them to collapse and only an Obama loving dipshit would deny that.

. Prior to that you have to go back to them putting down the Czech revolution(but they had already taken over Czechkoslavakia.

I wouldn't bite. That was Tall's attempt to run from the conversation. Whenever he barks himself into a corner....he tries to change the topic. Seemingly at random.

I mean.......the Russians? Really?

Obama looking the fool to the rest of the world is hardly ODS.

And now you're argument has devolved into pouting.

When you have something relevant to offer, cmon back.

I gave you a link to Obama's childish and low class behavior in front of 78 world leaders and a dipshit like you calls it pouting. LOL.

I wouldn't bite. That was Tall's attempt to run from the conversation. Whenever he barks himself into a corner....he tries to change the topic. Seemingly at random.

I mean.......the Russians? Really?

It was the USSR that threatened world domination. Some dumbasses don't even know what the USSR was.

Do you know the difference between the USSR and Russia? How many European countries, including Germany, are no longer controlled by the Russians? These are not difficult questions, but they do explain your ignorance.

After a couple dozen posts of you complaining that President Obama was acting just like President Bush and President Reagan- now you are happy he is?

LOL

My favorite was when his entire argument devolved into whining about Obama taking a selfie.

That was just one example, fool. By the way, Obama doing what is traditional by not attending the Reagan funeral is a first for him.

Forum List

Back