Obama will not attend

Perhaps a good thing that Our Kenyan Emperor did not attend. Too great a risk that Mrs. Reagan might have risen up and kicked his spavined ass. That would detract from her memory though it would be fun to watch.

GW Bush will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral along with his family. Tell me more about the security problem. Obama didn't have a problem spending millions of the taxpayers money to go to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa along with the security costs, but you are worried about security in California. With all the high level dignitaries that are attending, one more (Obama) would hardly add to the problem.

I didn't say a word about 'cost'. I said its a huge security hassle that overshadows and dominates the event itself. I said that a president's security is imposing, intrusive and dominates whatever event it involves. Instead of the event being about Nancy Reagan and her family, its about the President.

And GW's security detail is tiny fraction of the President's. Former president's go to these events all the time. Sittings presidents almost never do.

Obama didn't in 2011. GW didn't in 2007. Clinton didn't in 1993. Reagan didn't in 1982.

The only instance of a sitting president attending the funeral of a first lady in the last 40 years.......was Jack-O's funeral. And that's because Clinton was asked to give the eulogy.

You're trying so hard to be offended, to make up yet another in an endless series of manufactured outrages. And history demonstrates that you're shitting yourself for no particular reason.

I noticed you didn't make any comment about the massive security costs when Obama went to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa. And, there are dozens of other dignitaries that will require security at the Reagan funeral.

I'm trying to figure out why you people think Obama should attend nancy's funeral. I mean, other than her being the wife of one of our dumbest presidents, and helping him run the country by using the astrology charts and all.

If not for that 'dumbest' President you would still be struggling to learn how to speak Russian asshole.

Laughing......whatever revisionist horseshit gets you through the day.

Apparently your memory started in 2004. LFMFAO.

Perhaps a good thing that Our Kenyan Emperor did not attend. Too great a risk that Mrs. Reagan might have risen up and kicked his spavined ass. That would detract from her memory though it would be fun to watch.

Way to ride Nancy's corpse like a pony.....just to try one more awkward dig at Obama.

This thread is a memorial to Obama Derangement Syndrome.

I didn't say a word about 'cost'. I said its a huge security hassle that overshadows and dominates the event itself. I said that a president's security is imposing, intrusive and dominates whatever event it involves. Instead of the event being about Nancy Reagan and her family, its about the President.

And GW's security detail is tiny fraction of the President's. Former president's go to these events all the time. Sittings presidents almost never do.

Obama didn't in 2011. GW didn't in 2007. Clinton didn't in 1993. Reagan didn't in 1982.

The only instance of a sitting president attending the funeral of a first lady in the last 40 years.......was Jack-O's funeral. And that's because Clinton was asked to give the eulogy.

You're trying so hard to be offended, to make up yet another in an endless series of manufactured outrages. And history demonstrates that you're shitting yourself for no particular reason.

I noticed you didn't make any comment about the massive security costs when Obama went to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa. And, there are dozens of other dignitaries that will require security at the Reagan funeral.

I'm trying to figure out why you people think Obama should attend nancy's funeral. I mean, other than her being the wife of one of our dumbest presidents, and helping him run the country by using the astrology charts and all.

If not for that 'dumbest' President you would still be struggling to learn how to speak Russian asshole.

The Russians weren't moving to invade the US from 1981 through 1988. Whatever fan fiction revisionist horseshit you want to believe, believe. Just don't be surprised if we point and laugh.

Though just a quick question....where was all these conservative hysterics when Bush didn't attend Lady Bird Johnson's funeral in 2007? Or when Reagan didn't attend Bess Truman's in 1983?

Surely your sense of history doesn't begin in 2009, does it?

The Russians weren't moving to invade the US from 1981 through 1988. Whatever fan fiction revisionist horseshit you want to believe, believe. Just don't be surprised if we point and laugh.

Though just a quick question....where was all these conservative hysterics when Bush didn't attend Lady Bird Johnson's funeral in 2007? Or when Reagan didn't attend Bess Truman's in 1983?

The USSR was taking over one country after another and had nuclear tipped ICBM's targeting US cities. Reagan caused them to collapse and only an Obama loving dipshit would deny that.

The USSR was taking over one country after another and had nuclear tipped ICBM's targeting US cities. Reagan caused them to collapse and only an Obama loving dipshit would deny that.

Start a thread about your revisionist horseshit if you'd like. I'm not interested in indulging either your imagination or your desperate attempt to change the topic.

Though just a quick question....where was all the conservative hysterics when Bush didn't attend Lady Bird Johnson's funeral in 2007? Or when Reagan didn't attend Bess Truman's in 1983?

Tell me about this funeral.

"Former US First Lady Eleanor Roosevelts funeral at Hyde Park was attended by President John F. Kennedy and former Presidents Truman and Eisenhower. At her memorial service, Adlai Stevenson asked, "What other single human being has touched and transformed the existence of so many?" Stevenson also said that Roosevelt was someone "who would rather light a candle than curse the darkness." She was laid to rest next to Franklin at the family compound in Hyde Park, New York on November 10, 1962."

That was over HALF A CENTURY ago, when the security for a president is a fraction of what it is now. Of the last 5 first ladies that have been buried over the last half century.....a sitting president has attended only one.

And that's because he was asked to give the Eulogy. Obama wasn't asked to give Nancy's Eulogy. He has no connection to the Reagan family.

You're simply trying too hard to be upset. And you're making fool out of yourself.

I m not the least bit upset. I just scoff at your reasoning about security. How many times has Obama jumped on AF1 to go to a fund raiser in California? Did he have any security at those events?

Um....a fund raiser is about the President. Nancy's funeral isn't.

Its clear you're incapable of comprehending the difference. A rational person could.

This is what you posted: " I said its a huge security hassle that overshadows and dominates the event itself. I said that a president's security is imposing, intrusive and dominates whatever event it involves."
So a fundraiser isn't a problem, but a funeral is. LOL

"Former US First Lady Eleanor Roosevelts funeral at Hyde Park was attended by President John F. Kennedy and former Presidents Truman and Eisenhower. At her memorial service, Adlai Stevenson asked, "What other single human being has touched and transformed the existence of so many?" Stevenson also said that Roosevelt was someone "who would rather light a candle than curse the darkness." She was laid to rest next to Franklin at the family compound in Hyde Park, New York on November 10, 1962."

That was over HALF A CENTURY ago, when the security for a president is a fraction of what it is now. Of the last 5 first ladies that have been buried over the last half century.....a sitting president has attended only one.

And that's because he was asked to give the Eulogy. Obama wasn't asked to give Nancy's Eulogy. He has no connection to the Reagan family.

You're simply trying too hard to be upset. And you're making fool out of yourself.

I m not the least bit upset. I just scoff at your reasoning about security. How many times has Obama jumped on AF1 to go to a fund raiser in California? Did he have any security at those events?

Its clear you're incapable of comprehending the difference. A rational person could.

This is what you posted: " I said its a huge security hassle that overshadows and dominates the event itself. I said that a president's security is imposing, intrusive and dominates whatever event it involves."

A funeral isn't about the President. Its about the person who died and their family. The security required for a president dominates the event and makes it about the President and not the family, the deceased or their grief. This is why almost no sitting president attends the funeral of a first lady. Not Reagan in 82, not Clinton in 93, not Bush in 2007, not Obama in 2011. And not with Nancy's funeral either.

A Presidential fund raiser IS about the President.

You can't tell the difference. To you, a fundraiser is identical to a funeral. A rational person can tell the difference.

I'm curious as to whom may pay this guy and how much to speak after his term is over. He can hand out ObamaCare pamphlets at his speaking engagements.

A funeral isn't about the President. Its about the person who died and their family. The security required for a president dominates the event and makes it about the President and not the family, the deceased or their grief. This is why almost no sitting president attends the funeral of a first lady. Not Reagan in 82, not Clinton in 93, not Bush in 2007, not Obama in 2011. And not with Nancy's funeral either.

You can't tell the difference. To you, a fundraiser is identical to a funeral. A rational person can tell the difference.

You have defended the President based on security concerns.. Now, tell me about the huge security hassle that there would have been if Obama had walked across the street to attend Justice Scalia's funeral

You have defended the President based on security concerns.. Now, tell me about the huge security hassle that there would have been if Obama had walked across the street to attend Justice Scalia's funeral

Both Michelle and Obama did go across the street to pay their respects to Justice Scalia. The day before his funeral.

But keep reaching. I found your 'mandela' nonsense to be especially adorable.

Both Michelle and Obama did go across the street to pay their respects to Justice Scalia. The day before his funeral.

They couldn't be bothered to attend the funeral could they. What part of Obama playing the fool with the selfie did you adore? I do agree he was rather nonsensical to be having that much fun at a funeral.

They couldn't be bothered to attend the funeral could they. What part of Obama playing the fool with the selfie did you adore? I do agree he was rather nonsensical to be having that much fun at a funeral.

Probably for the same reason that Clinton didn't go to Blackmun's or Marshall's funeral.

You're trying too hard to be outraged, scrambling from excuses to excuse for your sniveling as your narratives fall apart. Your 'mandela' horseshit completely collapsed...so you ran. You've abandoned your every argument regarding Nancy's funeral. Your entire argument has now devolved into whining about *when* Obama and Michelle went to pay their respects to Scalia. Not if they did.

Sorry Too....but you've played the manufactured outrage card too often.

Forum List

Back