Obama will not attend

I just read that Obama will not attend Mrs. Reagan's funeral. He has a festival to attend in Texas. Another classless act from obama.

Why am I not surprised?
...at another deranged, un-reasoned Obama-bashing thread.
Not bashing, just wondering why a sitting president wouldn't attend a first ladies funeral. I mean he will attend a festival instead. I'm sure there is golf involved.
Because it's not an 'issue' – you and other rightwing partisan hacks are trying to contrive a 'controversy' where none exists; this is just another ridiculous manifestation of ODS.

It just seems unusual that Obama could spend Millions to go to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa but can't be bothered to attend a former First Lady's funeral in California. I say that makes it an issue. He doesn't have a problem taking AF 1 to California rather frequently for a fund raiser at a friends house.

One must respect the honesty of even a despicable punk like Obama.

He hates everything he disagrees with, so why bother with appearances?

Besides, why should royalty attend commoners' funeral?

No royalty attended Winston Churchill's funeral, after he saves their royal asses.

Wow. You realize that everything you just posted....was you citing yourself, right? Not Obama.

Here's a much simpler explanation that doesn't involve your playing pretend: The President showing up is a huge security hassle for everyone involved that overshadows and dominates the event itself. Its the same reason that Bush didn't attend former First lady Lady Bird Johnson's funeral in 2007, Clinton didn't go to Pat Nixon's funeral in 1993, and Reagan didn't go to Bess Truman's funeral in 1982

Did Reagan 'hate' Truman? Did Bush 'hate' Johnson? Did Clinton 'hate' Nixon? Or do you just not have a fucking clue what you're talking about?

GW Bush will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral along with his family. Tell me more about the security problem. Obama didn't have a problem spending millions of the taxpayers money to go to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa along with the security costs, but you are worried about security in California. With all the high level dignitaries that are attending, one more (Obama) would hardly add to the problem.

I didn't say a word about 'cost'. I said its a huge security hassle that overshadows and dominates the event itself. I said that a president's security is imposing, intrusive and dominates whatever event it involves. Instead of the event being about Nancy Reagan and her family, its about the President.

And GW's security detail is tiny fraction of the President's. Former president's go to these events all the time. Sittings presidents almost never do.

Obama didn't in 2011. GW didn't in 2007. Clinton didn't in 1993. Reagan didn't in 1982.

The only instance of a sitting president attending the funeral of a first lady in the last 40 years.......was Jack-O's funeral. And that's because Clinton was asked to give the eulogy.

You're trying so hard to be offended, to make up yet another in an endless series of manufactured outrages. And history demonstrates that you're shitting yourself for no particular reason.

I just read that Obama will not attend Mrs. Reagan's funeral. He has a festival to attend in Texas. Another classless act from obama.

Why am I not surprised?
...at another deranged, un-reasoned Obama-bashing thread.
Not bashing, just wondering why a sitting president wouldn't attend a first ladies funeral. I mean he will attend a festival instead. I'm sure there is golf involved.
Because it's not an 'issue' – you and other rightwing partisan hacks are trying to contrive a 'controversy' where none exists; this is just another ridiculous manifestation of ODS.

It just seems unusual that Obama could spend Millions to go to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa but can't be bothered to attend a former First Lady's funeral in California. I say that makes it an issue. He doesn't have a problem taking AF 1 to California rather frequently for a fund raiser at a friends house.

And as sitting presidents almost *never* going to the funerals of first ladies demonstrates, not Reagan, not Obama, not Clinton, not GW......you're bending over backwards to be offended. You're desperate to be angry.

And you're simply being irrational. A president's security detail is enormously intrusive. There's a reason why sitting presidents almost never go to these events.

Oh, and virtually *every* world leader in the western world was at Mandela's funeral.

List of dignitaries at the memorial service of Nelson Mandela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

None are showing up for Nancy.

No royalty attended Winston Churchill's funeral, after he saves their royal asses.

Wow. You realize that everything you just posted....was you citing yourself, right? Not Obama.

Here's a much simpler explanation that doesn't involve your playing pretend: The President showing up is a huge security hassle for everyone involved that overshadows and dominates the event itself. Its the same reason that Bush didn't attend former First lady Lady Bird Johnson's funeral in 2007, Clinton didn't go to Pat Nixon's funeral in 1993, and Reagan didn't go to Bess Truman's funeral in 1982

Did Reagan 'hate' Truman? Did Bush 'hate' Johnson? Did Clinton 'hate' Nixon? Or do you just not have a fucking clue what you're talking about?

GW Bush will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral along with his family. Tell me more about the security problem. Obama didn't have a problem spending millions of the taxpayers money to go to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa along with the security costs, but you are worried about security in California. With all the high level dignitaries that are attending, one more (Obama) would hardly add to the problem.

I didn't say a word about 'cost'. I said its a huge security hassle that overshadows and dominates the event itself. I said that a president's security is imposing, intrusive and dominates whatever event it involves. Instead of the event being about Nancy Reagan and her family, its about the President.

And GW's security detail is tiny fraction of the President's. Former president's go to these events all the time. Sittings presidents almost never do.

Obama didn't in 2011. GW didn't in 2007. Clinton didn't in 1993. Reagan didn't in 1982.

The only instance of a sitting president attending the funeral of a first lady in the last 40 years.......was Jack-O's funeral. And that's because Clinton was asked to give the eulogy.

You're trying so hard to be offended, to make up yet another in an endless series of manufactured outrages. And history demonstrates that you're shitting yourself for no particular reason.

I noticed you didn't make any comment about the massive security costs when Obama went to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa. And, there are dozens of other dignitaries that will require security at the Reagan funeral.

Before you all get your panties in a wad, how about checking on who attended the funerals of other First Ladies?

Reagan did not attend the funeral of Mrs. Truman.
Carter did not attend the funeral of Mrs. Eisenhower.
Clinton did not attend the funeral of Mrs. Nixon.
Bush did not attend the funeral of Mrs. Johnson.

There is a long standing tradition that the current First Lady attend the funerals of previous First Ladies.

But I guess that sort of tradition is "low class" when it involves the Obamas.

I noticed you didn't make any comment about the massive security costs when Obama went to Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa. And, there are dozens of other dignitaries that will require security at the Reagan funeral.

For the third time....I haven't mentioned costs. You have. You're so irrationally and emotionally invested in your manufactured outrage that you're not even reading what you're replying to. Its a given that you're not reading any of this either. So I'm going to post my previous remarks on the matter in a large font in the hopes of piercing your shroud of panty shitting hysterics.

Did you get that this time?

Oh, and Mandela's funeral was attended by 77 sitting Presidents or Prime Ministers.

Nancy's won't be attended by even one. She may be 'conservative royalty'. But to the rest of the world she's just a former first lady whose husband left office over a quarter century ago.

For the third time....I haven't mentioned costs. You have. You're so irrationally and emotionally invested in your manufactured outrage that you're not even reading what you're replying to. Its a given that you're not reading any of this either. So I'm going to post my previous remarks on the matter in a large font in the hopes of piercing your shroud of panty shitting hysterics.

I got it and I consider it a pile of bullshit. If you think the security hassle would be any more than what is already planned you are delusional. Does Michelle get any security?

Tell me about this funeral.

"Former US First Lady Eleanor Roosevelts funeral at Hyde Park was attended by President John F. Kennedy and former Presidents Truman and Eisenhower. At her memorial service, Adlai Stevenson asked, "What other single human being has touched and transformed the existence of so many?" Stevenson also said that Roosevelt was someone "who would rather light a candle than curse the darkness." She was laid to rest next to Franklin at the family compound in Hyde Park, New York on November 10, 1962."

Oh, and Mandela's funeral was attended by 77 sitting Presidents or Prime Ministers.

Nancy's won't be attended by even one. She may be 'conservative royalty'. But to the rest of the world she's just a former first lady.

True, and our President made a fool of himself posing for selfies. None of the other 76 did that.

I got it and I consider it a pile of bullshit. If you think the security hassle would be any more than what is already planned you are delusional. Does Michelle get any security?

"Former US First Lady Eleanor Roosevelts funeral at Hyde Park was attended by President John F. Kennedy and former Presidents Truman and Eisenhower. At her memorial service, Adlai Stevenson asked, "What other single human being has touched and transformed the existence of so many?" Stevenson also said that Roosevelt was someone "who would rather light a candle than curse the darkness." She was laid to rest next to Franklin at the family compound in Hyde Park, New York on November 10, 1962."

How about you tell me about these funerals? Bess Truman's funeral was NOT attended by President Reagan. Mamie Eisenhower's funeral was NOT attended by President Carter. Pat Nixon's funeral was NOT attended by President Clinton. And Ladybird Johnson's funeral was NOT attended by President Bush.

But the First Lady at the time attended all those funerals. It is a tradition for the First Lady to do so.

Why not rant about how Reagan and Bush have no class?

How about you tell me about these funerals? Bess Truman's funeral was NOT attended by President Reagan. Mamie Eisenhower's funeral was NOT attended by President Carter. Pat Nixon's funeral was NOT attended by President Clinton. And Ladybird Johnson's funeral was NOT attended by President Bush.

But the First Lady at the time attended all those funerals. It is a tradition for the First Lady to do so.

For the same reason you aren't ranting about Clinton and Carter having no class.

For the same reason you aren't ranting about Clinton and Carter having no class.

I'm not ranting about anyone not having class. But I do hold everyone to the same standards. And I don't invent bullshit reasons to start whining about shit.

I got it and I consider it a pile of bullshit.

Clearly you didn't 'get it'. As the only one bringing up costs....was you. Over and over again. I never have. I cited how utterly intrustive, imposing and dominating over the event a president's security it.

If you think the security hassle would be any more than what is already planned you are delusional. Does Michelle get any security?

Not the same as the president. Not even close. You're literally arguing your own ignorance. They don't even shut down airspace when the First lady is in town. They lock down entire airports if the President is so much as getting a haircut.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. And your bone ignorance doesn't translate into our outrage. You're just shitting yourself.

And you don't even have a good reason. As sitting presidents almost *never* attend these events. Not GW, not Reagan, not Obama, not Clinton.

I'm trying to figure out why you people think Obama should attend nancy's funeral. I mean, other than her being the wife of one of our dumbest presidents, and helping him run the country by using the astrology charts and all.

That was over HALF A CENTURY ago, when the security for a president is a fraction of what it is now. Of the last 5 first ladies that have been buried over the last half century.....a sitting president has attended only one.

And that's because he was asked to give the Eulogy. Obama wasn't asked to give Nancy's Eulogy. He has no connection to the Reagan family.

You're simply trying too hard to be upset. And you're making fool out of yourself.

I'm trying to figure out why you people think Obama should attend nancy's funeral. I mean, other than her being the wife of one of our dumbest presidents, and helping him run the country by using the astrology charts and all.

Because it gives some batshit crazy conservatives another opportunity to shit their bowels clean in manufactured outrage. That's the only reason.

When GW didn't attend Lady Bird Johnson's funeral, they didn't say a thing.

When Reagan didn't attend Bess Truman's funeral, not a word.

But Obama not going to Nancy's funeral? Melodramatic hysterics, fainting couches, weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

That was over HALF A CENTURY ago, when the security for a president is a fraction of what it is now. Of the last 5 first ladies that have been buried over the last half century.....a sitting president has attended only one.

And that's because he was asked to give the Eulogy. Obama wasn't asked to give Nancy's Eulogy. He has no connection to the Reagan family.

You're simply trying too hard to be upset. And you're making fool out of yourself.

I m not the least bit upset. I just scoff at your reasoning about security. How many times has Obama jumped on AF1 to go to a fund raiser in California? Did he have any security at those events?

If not for that 'dumbest' President you would still be struggling to learn how to speak Russian asshole.

I m not the least bit upset. I just scoff at your reasoning about security. How many times has Obama jumped on AF1 to go to a fund raiser in California? Did he have any security at those events?

Um....a fund raiser is about the President. Nancy's funeral isn't.

Its clear you're incapable of comprehending the difference. A rational person could.

If not for that 'dumbest' President you would still be struggling to learn how to speak Russian asshole.

Laughing......whatever revisionist horseshit gets you through the day.

Forum List

Back