Obama will not sign GOP law to extend subsidies-Breaking

SecHHS Burwell says Obama will not sign a law that would extend subsidies if the USSC strikes them down.
This is exactly what I predicted: Obama will insist on a "clean bill" that would simply enshrine into law his own administrative actions. Obama is playing politics here. But watch for the GOP to cave ahead of the election.
Burwell Obama wouldn t sign GOP plan to extend insurance subsidies - Yahoo News

Of course according to the bed wetters it's the GOP that has to "compromise".

I'm sick of that shit.

It's like dealing with spoiled children. You don't give them ice cream for breakfast, you spank them and let them go hungry till they eat their goddamn eggs.

If Obama wasn't such a bungling idiot as a President, he would still have a Democratic majority in the Congress to work with him on Obamacare. It's his fault that he can't get along with the Republicans. He's too much an extremist to ever compromise on any issue.

The GOP is shooting themselves in the foot over this. They have no leverage.

The blue states have their own state plans so they aren't harmed if the SCOTUS sides with the GOP on this.

Obama doesn't have to compromise because the GOP are only hurting their own constituents if they don't provide a fix that Obama will sign.

The GOP has no wiggle room. They are in charge of both houses so they have it in their power to fix the problem themselves.

This isn't rocket science although there are any number of morons out there who don't get it.
WQ disagrees. The others don't matter, because they are simply haters, and haters hate. Talk with WQ.

WQ is a waste of bandwidth IMO. He destroyed his own credibility a long time ago and is now only worth mocking.

I really don't care that a rabid kneejerk racist like WQ disagrees with what I post. He is just background noise as far as I am concerned.

Then why post about me little pussy boi? :lol:

You far right reactionaries don't seem to get the point: it's four words. It's not a hard fix. And the electorate WILL blame the GOP if it does not get fixed.

You hardliners don't get it: most of America really dislikes the far right. The electorate dislikes you more than Obama.

Guess who it gets blamed?
Once again....the GOP choices are:

1. Let the people suffer
2. Fix the wording
3. Set up healthcare exchanges

My money is still riding on number one

Why is it the GOP's responsibility to fix a bad Dimocrat bill? Please explain your logic?

Thanks. :)

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that Obama will not sign a law effectively repealing Obamacare.

I think Republicans have him over a barrel on this one

Are you aware this is 100% a Dim bill and the Dims wrote a shit bill?

Yup

And blue states took advantage of the bill and accepted the federal money. They are seeing the benefits

It is the poor folks in Red States that will pay the price and lose their federal subsidies

Kentucky. Red state that set up their own exchange, took the subsidies and is doing awesome! The other red states are going to get pissed when they see how well KY is doing.

SecHHS Burwell says Obama will not sign a law that would extend subsidies if the USSC strikes them down.
This is exactly what I predicted: Obama will insist on a "clean bill" that would simply enshrine into law his own administrative actions. Obama is playing politics here. But watch for the GOP to cave ahead of the election.

Of course according to the bed wetters it's the GOP that has to "compromise".

I'm sick of that shit.

It's like dealing with spoiled children. You don't give them ice cream for breakfast, you spank them and let them go hungry till they eat their goddamn eggs.

No. I think the gop's pretty much fcked itself on this no matter what they do. There are enough voters in Fla, ohio, penn, wisc and mich that could tip every one of those states dem, if the folks lose their insurance. I'd like to say the gop should just pass a straight fix, perhaps with an auto repealer that would take effect after the 2020 election, and then run on "a better program." But the only way to cover the previously uninsured is to use tax dollars, in one way or another.

The clean way would be to end tax support for employer sponsored, and just treat everyone the same, but that's political suicide. But, even if you remove the medicaid expansion and basically block grant to states, and even if you remove the hard mandate on coverage to use a softer one that makes it unwise to not be insured, and then try and enroll after you get sick, there won't be enough support even inside the gop.

So, I think the gops stuck with taking away peoples HC, removing the ban on pre-existing and pretty much running on the Mitt Romney plan.

If Obama wasn't such a bungling idiot as a President, he would still have a Democratic majority in the Congress to work with him on Obamacare. It's his fault that he can't get along with the Republicans. He's too much an extremist to ever compromise on any issue.
He would still need 60 Senate seats just like last time

I see how successful Republucans have been in repealing it

So many crystal ball predictions by people with tiny brains. I don't make predictions. I look at facts. These are the facts:

1. The Bill was solely written by Dimocrats.

2. The Bill was poorly written....hence the legal challenge that goes all the way up to SCOTUS

3. The Dimocrats have had to defend this pos for three election cycles and lost control of the House and Senate as a result.

4. The subsidies problem affects many blue States as well.

5. Based on all the above it is completely illogical to assume any harm to the GOP who did not write the bill and were allowed zero input into the Law.

Unless any of my facts are challenged the assertion it will hurt the GOP is so much lame ass bullshit. Basically pure speculation with zero basis in fact.

You far right reactionaries don't seem to get the point: it's four words. It's not a hard fix. And the electorate WILL blame the GOP if it does not get fixed.

You hardliners don't get it: most of America really dislikes the far right. The electorate dislikes you more than Obama.

1. Let the people suffer
2. Fix the wording

Why is it the GOP's responsibility to fix a bad Dimocrat bill? Please explain your logic?

Generally, it is your responsibility when YOUR constituents are suffering

But, I guess to Republicans it is more important to stick it to Obama

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that Obama will not sign a law effectively repealing Obamacare.

I think Republicans have him over a barrel on this one

Are you aware this is 100% a Dim bill and the Dims wrote a shit bill?

Yup

And blue states took advantage of the bill and accepted the federal money. They are seeing the benefits

It is the poor folks in Red States that will pay the price and lose their federal subsidies

Kentucky. Red state that set up their own exchange, took the subsidies and is doing awesome! The other red states are going to get pissed when they see how well KY is doing.

So they will not be affected by a potentially adverse SCOTUS ruling. What about all the blue States that will be hurt?

Who will be to blame then?

1. Let the people suffer
2. Fix the wording

Then what will blue state Congressmen do for their constituents that are affected. How will they fix a bad bill they signed into Law?

Please be specific. :)

1. Let the people suffer
2. Fix the wording

Then what will blue state Congressmen do for their constituents that are affected. How will they fix a bad bill they signed into Law?

Not aware of any blue states that are affected

Obama has the Republicans by the short hairs. He'd be a fool to let go.

If your point is that the Republicans are Democrat Light cowards and will most likely give in to Hussein then you are probably right.

They have given Obama almost everything he wanted including tax increases and more debt. They sure as hell have not defunded Obamacare, which they could do at any time they want.

yet he will sign a law that allows Iran to build nuclear weapons

1. Let the people suffer
2. Fix the wording

Jesus Christ Libturds are stupid.

Pennsylvania...Maine....Michigan....Wisconsin...New Jersey...to name a few. All went for Obama.

Please fucking educate yourself. Oy vey....:eusa_wall:

Where States Stand on Exchanges State Refor u m

1. Let the people suffer
2. Fix the wording

Pennsylvania...Maine....Michigan....Wisconsin...New Jersey...to name a few. All went for Obama.

those states voted for iran to make nuclear bombs. what a bunch of chitheads.

WQ, Obama has told the GOP what type of bill he will sign.

If they want fixes like modified tort reform and interstate cooperatives, now is the time to work on it.

Try the ending of pre-existing conditions bullshit, nothing will happen except the GOP is going to get massacred next year.

Last edited:
as if these states just happen to have had an extra trillion just sitting around to pay the health care for its residents. there were never subsidies in the first place, thats why the states wanted out!

1. Let the people suffer
2. Fix the wording

And their Governors are Republicans who will have to explain why the people of that state are missing out on subsidies

You got some splain'in to do

Forum List

Back