Obamacare failing big.

Failure, hmmm? Could be that since health care increases are at an annual average of 2% this year (far below the average of the past 30 years), some of the more heinous practitioners of medical care are getting out. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Interesting thing, I visited heathcare.gov today and saw what my premiums will be in 2015 and all I can say is WHOW. This year will be bad but 2015 it is really going to put a hurt on people. That said I linked from healthcare.gov to an article about the slowing of the increase in health care cost. Matter of fact there were more then a few articles on the subject. NONE of them gave credit, as you are trying to do, to Obamacare. The slowing is due to the slow growth of the GDP, that is all. When, and a big IF, the economy starts to take off health care cost will follow. Meanwhile what is left of the economy is being propped up by QE, or in laymen terms printing money. When banks start leading inflation will take off and we will all be screwed.

And you know who I blame, people like you. Fakes who will pretend to be something they are not then defend Obama regardless of fact. What I predict will happen is a Republican will win the presidency and whole stack of cards called this economy will collapse under its own weight and you will be standing by blaming everyone but the idiots that got us into this mess. But that is just what partisans do.

Read today that over 1,000,000 people have enrolled....

My guess is that it is those receiving subsidizes. By my venture onto the site it is going to be very expensive for those even of moderate income. That is just the facts. Go to the site and you can punch in the numbers without signing up. Maybe it is cheaper then if a person had to buy a policy for themselves but it is damn expensive.

BTW 1 million would be .3 percent of the population.

here is a link to healthcare.gov for anyone who wishes to see the cost. Much cheaper to be employed and receive health care. Here is an interesting thought. Low paying box stores are now going to get their employees cheap health care. Paid for by the middle class and those buying individual plans.

https://www.healthcare.gov/find-premium-estimates/

And obamaturd does it again, under obutholecare those so clled substandard policies that got canceled are now to be offered because obutholeturd changed the rules again. What an idiot.

Failure, hmmm? Could be that since health care increases are at an annual average of 2% this year (far below the average of the past 30 years), some of the more heinous practitioners of medical care are getting out. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Interesting thing, I visited heathcare.gov today and saw what my premiums will be in 2015 and all I can say is WHOW. This year will be bad but 2015 it is really going to put a hurt on people. That said I linked from healthcare.gov to an article about the slowing of the increase in health care cost. Matter of fact there were more then a few articles on the subject. NONE of them gave credit, as you are trying to do, to Obamacare. The slowing is due to the slow growth of the GDP, that is all. When, and a big IF, the economy starts to take off health care cost will follow. Meanwhile what is left of the economy is being propped up by QE, or in laymen terms printing money. When banks start leading inflation will take off and we will all be screwed.

And you know who I blame, people like you. Fakes who will pretend to be something they are not then defend Obama regardless of fact. What I predict will happen is a Republican will win the presidency and whole stack of cards called this economy will collapse under its own weight and you will be standing by blaming everyone but the idiots that got us into this mess. But that is just what partisans do.
Well said.

The ACA might still slow the growth of healthcare cost. With the high deductibles a lot of people won't go to the doctor unless they're seriously ill. That could bring down spending.

You bumped this thread to post about a net loss in the number of insured people in America?

No, 1,000,000 have signed up. It's only going to get better and easier and you'll no longer have to work at a job you hate because you don't want to lose your insurance.

Sorry, the GOP lost this one. Just reminding you.

You bumped this thread to post about a net loss in the number of insured people in America?

No, 1,000,000 have signed up. It's only going to get better and easier and you'll no longer have to work at a job you hate because you don't want to lose your insurance.

1,000,000 won't be enough to avoid a net loss in insured Americans on Jan. 1.

Regardless of the numbers, America is the loser when legislators claim that the ends justify the means. I'm sad that you don't see that.

Regardless of the numbers, America is the loser when legislators claim that the ends justify the means. I'm sad that you don't see that.

I'm sure you had a point in there somewhere...

This isn't a good sign:

United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers International President Kinsey M. Robinson issued the following statement today calling for a repeal or complete reform of President Obama’s Affordable Care Act (ACA):

“Our Union and its members have supported President Obama and his Administration for both of his terms in office.

But regrettably, our concerns over certain provisions in the ACA have not been addressed, or in some instances, totally ignored. In the rush to achieve its passage, many of the Act’s provisions were not fully conceived, resulting in unintended consequences that are inconsistent with the promise that those who were satisfied with their employer sponsored coverage could keep it.

These provisions jeopardize our multi-employer health plans, have the potential to cause a loss of work for our members, create an unfair bidding advantage for those contractors who do not provide health coverage to their workers, and in the worst case, may cause our members and their families to lose the benefits they currently enjoy as participants in multi-employer health plans.

For decades, our multi-employer health and welfare plans have provided the necessary medical coverage for our members and their families to protect them in times of illness and medical needs. This collaboration between labor and management has been a model of success that should be emulated rather than ignored. I refuse to remain silent, or idly watch as the ACA destroys those protections.

I am therefore calling for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act to protect our employers, our industry, and our most important asset: our members and their families.”

Roofers union calls for Obamacare?s repeal | WashingtonExaminer.com

And so it starts on the employer mandate.

Agreed--we have had 5.9 million policies cancelled in the individual market because of the mandates in Obamacare, and if you add in spouses and children that were covered under those plans it's estimated that Obamacare has added another 12 million to the rolls of uninsured in this country.

PURPOSE OF OBAMACARE: to insure the uninsured EFFECT OF OBAMACARE: uninsuring the insured

139880_600.jpg

Last edited:
obamacare is pretty much done. obama is allowing people to self exempt. He has created junk policies worse than, and more expensive than the policies he condemned. The doctors are rejecting the whole thing. It really can't survive much longer. obama might hide in Hawaii, but he cannot stop what's coming.

obamacare is pretty much done. obama is allowing people to self exempt. He has created junk policies worse than, and more expensive than the policies he condemned. The doctors are rejecting the whole thing. It really can't survive much longer. obama might hide in Hawaii, but he cannot stop what's coming.

His promises of lower premiums have taken it's toll, along with the lie of being able to keep your insurance and doctors.

Democrats are scrambling--they really don't know how to handle this. They're just hoping all of this comes out in the wash--but it's not going too. "The Chickens have come home to roost."

Sen. Dianne Feinstein on Tuesday joined the ranks of worried Democrats demanding that President Obama allow people to keep their current insurance policies. Feinstein’s move is bad news for an administration desperate for good news following the roll-out debacle of the Affordable Care Act’s health insurance exchange on Oct. 1, which has been plagued by technical problems.

In addition to the website snarl, thousands of individual policies have been cancelled by insurance companies to meet minimum coverage standards under Obama’s signature health care law.

“Since the beginning of September, I have received 30,842 calls, emails and letters from Californians, many of whom are very distressed by cancellations of their insurance policies and who are facing increased out-of-pocket costs.

“For example, a father from Rancho Mirage called and said: ‘I work three jobs to pay the bills for my wife and daughter. I got a letter that my plan is going from $420 to $943. I went to HealthCare.Gov, then Covered California. I researched my premiums. A policy almost identical to my old one is being offered for $863. I’m now being forced to come up with over $400 a month with 30 days’ notice. Let me spell it out: I do not have the income to afford this.’
Dianne Feinstein joins effort to change Affordable Care Act - Politics Blog

Last edited:
The ACA might still slow the growth of healthcare cost. With the high deductibles a lot of people won't go to the doctor unless they're seriously ill. That could bring down spending.

Hmmm, an interesting result of the ACA will be people getting sick less. :lol:

What will happen is that those who are receiving subsidizes will be using the system, after all it cost them nearly nothing. That is just how things are going to be from here on in.

His promises of lower premiums have taken it's toll, along with the lie of being able to keep your insurance and doctors.

Democrats are scrambling--they really don't know how to handle this. They're just hoping all of this comes out in the wash--but it's not going too. "The Chickens have come home to roost."

Sen. Dianne Feinstein on Tuesday joined the ranks of worried Democrats demanding that President Obama allow people to keep their current insurance policies. Feinstein’s move is bad news for an administration desperate for good news following the roll-out debacle of the Affordable Care Act’s health insurance exchange on Oct. 1, which has been plagued by technical problems.

In addition to the website snarl, thousands of individual policies have been cancelled by insurance companies to meet minimum coverage standards under Obama’s signature health care law.

“Since the beginning of September, I have received 30,842 calls, emails and letters from Californians, many of whom are very distressed by cancellations of their insurance policies and who are facing increased out-of-pocket costs.

“For example, a father from Rancho Mirage called and said: ‘I work three jobs to pay the bills for my wife and daughter. I got a letter that my plan is going from $420 to $943. I went to HealthCare.Gov, then Covered California. I researched my premiums. A policy almost identical to my old one is being offered for $863. I’m now being forced to come up with over $400 a month with 30 days’ notice. Let me spell it out: I do not have the income to afford this.’
Dianne Feinstein joins effort to change Affordable Care Act - Politics Blog

WTH? All she needs do is call Obama and he will circumvent congress and change the law any way he sees fit.

Forum List

Back