Obamacare Mess!

You had ample time to come up with changes. You did not acknowledge the states that opted not to expand medicaid. Nor did you acknowledge the states that came up with their own plan.

I wanted universal health care. I'm guessing you didn't want that either.
I wanted POS democrats like you to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. I'm guessing you didn't want to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE because you need to take the food off my children's table to make your way in life.
I'm actually a Republican! I am middle class at best and proud of it. I work and so did my husband for 43 years. So we are on a fixed income. In addition, we are watching grandchildren to help our children so why would I want to take food from your children? I do not believe that the government should be handling health care, especially when they don't know what they are doing and are deceiving the public. I believe people should work and get paid a decent wage. I don't expect anyone to pay my way. Medicaid and Welfare SHOULD NOT BE A WAY OF LIFE! That is not what it was set up to do and you are very foolish to think that the system won't go bust if this keeps up. I also don't believe in deceiving the government as many do by getting multiple welfare checks at the same address, selling prescription drugs that they get for free from Medicaid and free cell phones that were meant for those who "can't afford a phone in case of a medical emergency". My husband and I worked multiple jobs to put our children through school. At one point I worked 7 days a week (3 jobs). SO WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO CONTINUE TO WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK TO SUPPORT SOMEONE THAT JUST DOESN'T FEEL LIKE WORKING AT ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING EVERYTHING FOR FREE FROM A GOVERNMENT THAT ADMITTEDLY IS BANKING ON THEIR GENERAL POPULATION BEING "STUPID"! DON'T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE AND EDUCATE YOURSELF ON WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED.
Let me get this straight. You agree with me 100%. But because I disagreed with a POS democrat, aka. Disir, you feel the need to argue with me? Are you trying to say you are Disir's alternate personality?

I'm not a democrat.

I work in medical billing so I see the end result of Obamacare. People did not read the fine print. Deductibles are running anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000. Because the deductibles are so high, patients are being made to pay for their MRIs, CTs and bloodwork up front so patients aren't getting their ordered tests and aren't returning for followup visits when they need them. Federal employees have the best healthcare available through Federal Blueshield. No deductibles! Low or no copays! Everyone in DC who composed Obamacare does not have to participate in it! I could not believe it when it passed! Doctors and diagnostic facilities have no choice but to collect all of their money up front because the patients are not going to pay their bills! It is forcing many doctorst to retire early. My healtcare plan does not have any coverage for preventative care! No annual GYN visit. No checkup, no preventative bloodwork screening! They will give me coverage for a stroke, heart attack or cancer treatments once they develop. I just can't check to see if I have a problem developing! Wake up America! I agree for their needs to be change but not this. EVERYONE SHOULD BE MADE TO PARTICIPATE IN OBAMACARE, INCLUDING OBAMA! They are our REPRESENTATIVES and should not be treated any differently than the general population. Gruber knew exactly what he was doing and should be made to participate in it as well. If an illegal alien goes into a hospital, their bill is written off as "charity". A legal, tax paying citizen of the U.S. will be made to pay their deductible and balance on their hospital bill or be sent to collections! Prisoners get their healthcare for free! Many who are getting insurance for free have no intention of returning to work! And remember America, your taxes are due on April 15th or the IRS is coming after you with penalties! If you are illegal, you don't have to pay any taxes or penalties!

Medical Assistance was not created to be a way of life!

Medical care was not created to drive people into poverty.
Correct. It took government management to make that happen.

Wrong. That took a lot of people not paying attention for years and years and years. You didn't want to pay attention to the insurance companies before. You don't want to pay attention to them now. You sure as hell don't want to pay attention to the increase in prices due to hospital mergers. So, when this becomes an actual concern and you can move beyond um....communism then you let me know.
You are full of bullshit, bile, and lies.

Hospital mergers increase prices, dickwad. The insurance companies increase prices, dickwad.

Wrong. That took a lot of people not paying attention for years and years and years. You didn't want to pay attention to the insurance companies before. You don't want to pay attention to them now. You sure as hell don't want to pay attention to the increase in prices due to hospital mergers. So, when this becomes an actual concern and you can move beyond um....communism then you let me know.

Hospital mergers increase prices, dickwad. The insurance companies increase prices, dickwad.
What makes you think I'm for government allowing monopolies and oligopolies? What gave you this impression?

I work in medical billing so I see the end result of Obamacare. People did not read the fine print. Deductibles are running anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000. Because the deductibles are so high, patients are being made to pay for their MRIs, CTs and bloodwork up front so patients aren't getting their ordered tests and aren't returning for followup visits when they need them. Federal employees have the best healthcare available through Federal Blueshield. No deductibles! Low or no copays! Everyone in DC who composed Obamacare does not have to participate in it! I could not believe it when it passed! Doctors and diagnostic facilities have no choice but to collect all of their money up front because the patients are not going to pay their bills! It is forcing many doctorst to retire early. My healtcare plan does not have any coverage for preventative care! No annual GYN visit. No checkup, no preventative bloodwork screening! They will give me coverage for a stroke, heart attack or cancer treatments once they develop. I just can't check to see if I have a problem developing! Wake up America! I agree for their needs to be change but not this. EVERYONE SHOULD BE MADE TO PARTICIPATE IN OBAMACARE, INCLUDING OBAMA! They are our REPRESENTATIVES and should not be treated any differently than the general population. Gruber knew exactly what he was doing and should be made to participate in it as well. If an illegal alien goes into a hospital, their bill is written off as "charity". A legal, tax paying citizen of the U.S. will be made to pay their deductible and balance on their hospital bill or be sent to collections! Prisoners get their healthcare for free! Many who are getting insurance for free have no intention of returning to work! And remember America, your taxes are due on April 15th or the IRS is coming after you with penalties! If you are illegal, you don't have to pay any taxes or penalties!

What makes you think I'm for government allowing monopolies and oligopolies?

Honestly? I don't really give a hot damn for what you are for. You post like you get paid 25 cents a line. So, when you are ready to actually tackle issues let me know. Until then, you can just fuck off.

Honestly? I don't really give a hot damn for what you are for. You post like you get paid 25 cents a line. So, when you are ready to actually tackle issues let me know. Until then, you can just fuck off.
Let me get this straight, you are just a bitch that runs around claiming what people think, having no idea what they think, that about sum up your shtick?

Let me get this straight, you are just a bitch, right?

Still can't handle the issues?

Yeah, I'm a bitch in your world.

I can handle the issues just fine. What I can't fix is dumb asses like you who vote for democrats or republicans. You know the two parties who both defend these monopolies, yeah that's my problem. My bet is you are a bitch to most folks, they just lack the balls to tell you.

I can handle the issues just fine. What I can't fix is dumb asses like you who vote for democrats or republicans. You know the two parties who both defend these monopolies, yeah that's my problem. My bet is you are a bitch to most folks, they just lack the balls to tell you.

I've told you that I am not a democrat. Repeatedly. You're simply an idiot. Get back to me when you are ready for the issues or fuck off.

I've told you that I am not a democrat. Repeatedly. You're simply an idiot. Get back to me when you are ready for the issues or fuck off.
It's hard to talk to someone that thinks voting for "democrats OR republicans" means democrat. Maybe if you learned to read and listen you wouldn't be such a bitch to everyone.

It's hard to talk to someone that thinks voting for "democrats OR republicans" means democrat. Maybe if you learned to read and listen you wouldn't be such a bitch to everyone.

And if you weren't such a dumbass then I wouldn't seem to be a bitch. You can prevent forest fires............

And if you weren't such a dumbass then I wouldn't seem to be a bitch. You can prevent forest fires............
lol you calling me a dumb ass... ROFL

Our office has been trying to educate our patients, especially the elderly, about the difference between a deductible, copay, balance billing, etc. The bottom line for our patients has been to purchase the cheapest plan. When they find out that nothing is covered until they have paid the first $2,500-$6,000 out of pocket, they are furious with the "doctor"! Young, healthy people are paying for everyone else. And as far as people with pre-existing conditions being covered now - they are but Obama did not put a cap on what the insurance companies could charge for premiums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only people who benefit from the "pre-existing condition" clause are those on medicaid. This only encourages people on medicaid not to seek employment.

And the amount of fraud that is going on is outrageous. We have had patients that are "doctor hopping" and getting pain medications from multiple physicians. They in turn, sell the prescription medications for money. That's right folks, they are taking meds and selling them for their own profit so you are getting screwed again because there are no programs that actually enforce monitoring of drugs. If you are caught once doing this, you should not be able to participate in Obamacare. Our office reported several patients to both Medicare and Medicaid and we were told that there was nothing they could do about it.

When they find out that nothing is covered until they have paid the first $2,500-$6,000 out of pocket, they are furious with the "doctor"

I was aware of this when I got into the bronze plan. I understood that these plans pay virtually nothing for regular visits. The insurance is basically only good if you need surgery, and/or for catastrophic coverage in case you come down with something will crush you. For Doctor's visits it pays nothing until the initial thresh hold is paid, and that is per person in the family.

That thresh hold is $2500 before it pays anything. That threshold was met for my wife's surgery and other doctors visits. At that point it pays 60/40.

For me and my daughter it pays nothing. I never go to the doctor anyway. Virtually never. My daughter goes from time to time, but not a lot. Our Doctor has rates for people with and without insurance. He cuts the visit charge on those without insurance. Before, my insurance paid out for that extra but not anymore. I pay more for the visit because my New Insurance pays NOTHING.

TO BE CONTINUED.................

Our office has been trying to educate our patients, especially the elderly, about the difference between a deductible, copay, balance billing, etc. The bottom line for our patients has been to purchase the cheapest plan. When they find out that nothing is covered until they have paid the first $2,500-$6,000 out of pocket, they are furious with the "doctor"! Young, healthy people are paying for everyone else. And as far as people with pre-existing conditions being covered now - they are but Obama did not put a cap on what the insurance companies could charge for premiums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only people who benefit from the "pre-existing condition" clause are those on medicaid. This only encourages people on medicaid not to seek employment.

And the amount of fraud that is going on is outrageous. We have had patients that are "doctor hopping" and getting pain medications from multiple physicians. They in turn, sell the prescription medications for money. That's right folks, they are taking meds and selling them for their own profit so you are getting screwed again because there are no programs that actually enforce monitoring of drugs. If you are caught once doing this, you should not be able to participate in Obamacare. Our office reported several patients to both Medicare and Medicaid and we were told that there was nothing they could do about it.

CONTINUED.....................

This summer my wife and daughter caught a sinus infection. Both went to the doctor. Both got an xray, blood test, a antibiotic shot, and a visit. They paid $90 a piece before being seen as it is the policy. $180 total to be seen with insurance. 2 weeks later my wife went for a recheck and paid $90 before being seen, got another xray, blood test, and booster shot............Now my total was at $270.........

Now the fun begins...............With the bills and Blue Cross................The Doctor's office billed in my name as it was on the card.............as they don't issue the cards in each individual's name..............Wife talked to billing and they argued...............As I was at work and not at the Doctors office... Never went........screws up the deducts................The office stated that since the card was in my name that is who has to be charged..................Called Blue Cross...........they called the Doc's office to straighten it out.............

So bills in my wife's name, and daughters name where kicked out. Yet my 2 bills where never taken away......................So here we are getting mad at the Doc's office as my wife's deduct amounts have been met...................

So, before going to argue again...........I took out all 5 bills printed out from Blue Cross............The initial bills.............The total charged for the 3 total visits was $1500...............BLUE CROSS CUT THE TOTAL TO $680. Yep, they cut the offices charges by $820.............THAT IS WITH 5 BILLS I had already paid the Doc $270..........My new bill from the Doc's was $225........Has my 2 incorrect bills been removed.........the Doc would have gotten less than $400.....................RIDICULOUS.................

So, realizing the Doc was getting screwed by Blue Cross we paid the $225......................

So, we paid $495 of the bill.
Blue Cross paid $185 of the bill.

and the Doctor only got $680...............

Being in billing what went wrong here.............I got tired of dealing with it........I didn't want to tick off the Doc because we like him and have been going there for a while............How does Blue Cross cut the overall bill by $820............................

This is what happened and I still can't figure it out.............could you please explain what should have happened here?

This summer my wife and daughter caught a sinus infection. Both went to the doctor. Both got an xray, blood test, a antibiotic shot, and a visit. They paid $90 a piece before being seen as it is the policy. $180 total to be seen with insurance. 2 weeks later my wife went for a recheck and paid $90 before being seen, got another xray, blood test, and booster shot............Now my total was at $270.........

Now the fun begins...............With the bills and Blue Cross................The Doctor's office billed in my name as it was on the card.............as they don't issue the cards in each individual's name..............Wife talked to billing and they argued...............As I was at work and not at the Doctors office... Never went........screws up the deducts................The office stated that since the card was in my name that is who has to be charged..................Called Blue Cross...........they called the Doc's office to straighten it out.............

So bills in my wife's name, and daughters name where kicked out. Yet my 2 bills where never taken away......................So here we are getting mad at the Doc's office as my wife's deduct amounts have been met...................

So, before going to argue again...........I took out all 5 bills printed out from Blue Cross............The initial bills.............The total charged for the 3 total visits was $1500...............BLUE CROSS CUT THE TOTAL TO $680. Yep, they cut the offices charges by $820.............THAT IS WITH 5 BILLS I had already paid the Doc $270..........My new bill from the Doc's was $225........Has my 2 incorrect bills been removed.........the Doc would have gotten less than $400.....................RIDICULOUS.................

So, realizing the Doc was getting screwed by Blue Cross we paid the $225......................

Being in billing what went wrong here.............I got tired of dealing with it........I didn't want to tick off the Doc because we like him and have been going there for a while............How does Blue Cross cut the overall bill by $820............................

This is what happened and I still can't figure it out.............could you please explain what should have happened here?
It's called negotiated billing.

Let me get this straight, you are just a bitch that runs around claiming what people think, having no idea what they think, that about sum up your shtick?
And by your answers to facts, you show you are amongst the "stupid Americans" that Gruber is referring to. I know what I'm talking about and according to your answers, you have not mentioned one correct fact about Obamacare, You are just bating people with name calling, etc. Grow up and educate yourself and I'll respond to when you have something of substance to say!

And by your answers to facts, you show you are amongst the "stupid Americans" that Gruber is referring to. I know what I'm talking about and according to your answers, you have not mentioned one correct fact about Obamacare, You are just bating people with name calling, etc. Grow up and educate yourself and I'll respond to when you have something of substance to say!

You don't have any facts. You drool on like a petulant child. You whine.
No-Whining-Sticker-%282146%29.jpg

Many offices are not set up with a machine to run your insurance cards through. Many smaller offices are refusing to add the machines as doctors are beginning to opt out of participating. Your doctor's office should have straightened this out for you. You should receive an Explanation of Benefits in the mail for each visit. The Benefit statement "should" indicate the charged amount, the contracted amount and the patient responsibility. Each doctor has a contracted amount. So, if your doctor's charge is $100 for a visit, it doesn't mean they get $100. Their contract with the company only allows them to get paid a percentage. You will also see a "non allowed" amount on the statement. This is the amount that the doctor cannot charge you.
Example:
$100.00 bill
- 40,00 non allowed (the doctor cannot collect this)
-20.00 doctor's payment
This leaves $40.00 which should read deductible or patient responsibility

If your bill does not reflect this, call the insurance company to straighten it out.
If you bill does reflect this, then it is your doctor's office mistake.
Many doctor's offices hire people who do not have a lot of experience. Some hospitals are actually hiring overseas companies to handle the billing. Many inexperienced billers forget to take off the "non allowed" amount. You cannot be charged this. It is up to the doctor's office to keep track of your deductible and they get the same Explanation of Benefits that you get in the mail. I send my patients a copy of their Explanation of Benefits along with their bill so they can see where I am getting a balanced owed. If your insurance company is messing up, call them immediately to straighten it out or the mistake will carry over.
Someone is making a lot of money off of these deductibles and it is not the doctor. Please make sure the billers are taking off your non allowed.

You don't have any facts. You drool on like a petulant child. You whine.
No-Whining-Sticker-%282146%29.jpg

Forum List

Back