Obamacare Mess!

Injury Classifications for Turtle Bites Burning Water Skis Here s Rand Paul 8217 s Hilarious Obamacare Rant Video TheBlaze.com

With the implementation of Obamacare, doctors will soon be required to use roughly 122,000 new medical diagnostic codes to inform the federal government of injuries sustained by Americans, so says Kentucky Senator Rand Paul.

The new codes, Sen. Paul explained, include classifications for “injuries sustained from a turtle,” “walking into a lamppost” and “injuries sustained from burning water skis.”

“Your government just wants to take care of you,” he added, criticizing the new law’s 9,000-plus pages of new regulations. “They don’t think you’re smart enough to make these decisions.”

Physicians currently have about 18,000 medical diagnostic codes, called ICD-9, to choose from to help them inform insurers of their patients’ ailments. But according to Paul (himself a physician), Obamacare will require physicians to adopt roughly 122,000 new codes — and some of them sound downright ridiculous.

“Included among these codes,” the senator continued, “will be 312 new codes for injuries from animals; 72 new codes for injuries just from birds; 9 new codes for ‘injuries from the macaw.”‘

“The macaw?” he asked. “I’ve asked physicians all over the country, ‘Have you ever seen an injury from a macaw?”‘
You are exactly right about the codes. Ridiculous! You doctor's office just can't bill your insurance company for "hypertension". They have to break it down as to the cause which leads to many other codes and a substantial increase in the time it takes medical billers to do their jobs. And, what people don't know is that their insurance companies won't pay for bloodwork and diagnostic testing if the codes used are not what the government deems correct.

Example, if a woman goes to the GYN and states that she been lethargic, her physician may want to order some bloodwork on her. If the GYN uses the code that states that the patient has had an "annual GYN visit", the bill will not be paid. If the doctor uses the codes that represent chronic fatigue syndrome, etc. (which they will use just to get the patient's bill paid),
then the patient has "chronic fatigue syndrome" on their permanent health history. There are a set of codes that physicians use to "rule out certain conditions". The codes are no longer acceptable!

Injury Classifications for Turtle Bites Burning Water Skis Here s Rand Paul 8217 s Hilarious Obamacare Rant Video TheBlaze.com

With the implementation of Obamacare, doctors will soon be required to use roughly 122,000 new medical diagnostic codes to inform the federal government of injuries sustained by Americans, so says Kentucky Senator Rand Paul.

The new codes, Sen. Paul explained, include classifications for “injuries sustained from a turtle,” “walking into a lamppost” and “injuries sustained from burning water skis.”

“Your government just wants to take care of you,” he added, criticizing the new law’s 9,000-plus pages of new regulations. “They don’t think you’re smart enough to make these decisions.”

Physicians currently have about 18,000 medical diagnostic codes, called ICD-9, to choose from to help them inform insurers of their patients’ ailments. But according to Paul (himself a physician), Obamacare will require physicians to adopt roughly 122,000 new codes — and some of them sound downright ridiculous.

“Included among these codes,” the senator continued, “will be 312 new codes for injuries from animals; 72 new codes for injuries just from birds; 9 new codes for ‘injuries from the macaw.”‘

“The macaw?” he asked. “I’ve asked physicians all over the country, ‘Have you ever seen an injury from a macaw?”‘
You are exactly right about the codes. Ridiculous! You doctor's office just can't bill your insurance company for "hypertension". They have to break it down as to the cause which leads to many other codes and a substantial increase in the time it takes medical billers to do their jobs. And, what people don't know is that their insurance companies won't pay for bloodwork and diagnostic testing if the codes used are not what the government deems correct.

Example, if a woman goes to the GYN and states that she been lethargic, her physician may want to order some bloodwork on her. If the GYN uses the code that states that the patient has had an "annual GYN visit", the bill will not be paid. If the doctor uses the codes that represent chronic fatigue syndrome, etc. (which they will use just to get the patient's bill paid), then "chronic fatigue syndrome" is forever in your medical history whether you have it or not. There were a set of codes that physicians used to "rule out certain conditions" or "screening". Physicians are no longer allowed to use these codes. Simple reason, it gives insurance companies the right to "deny payment".

Example, if a woman goes to the GYN and states that she been lethargic, her physician may want to order some bloodwork on her. If the GYN uses the code that states that the patient has had an "annual GYN visit", the bill will not be paid. If the doctor uses the codes that represent chronic fatigue syndrome, etc. (which they will use just to get the patient's bill paid)
(cont'd) then you are stuck with "chronic fatigue syndrome" on your personal health record permanently which then gives you a pre-exhisting health condition. There were a group of codes that physicians could use to "rule out certain health conditions". They are no longer allowed to use them! Gruber was correct in that the average person does not understand coding, deductibles, balance billing, etc. And the government went along with this and it is a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Example, if a woman goes to the GYN and states that she been lethargic, her physician may want to order some bloodwork on her. If the GYN uses the code that states that the patient has had an "annual GYN visit", the bill will not be paid. If the doctor uses the codes that represent chronic fatigue syndrome, etc. (which they will use just to get the patient's bill paid)
(cont'd) then you are stuck with "chronic fatigue syndrome" on your personal health record permanently which then gives you a pre-exhisting health condition. There were a group of codes that physicians could use to "rule out certain health conditions". They are no longer allowed to use them! Gruber was correct in that the average person does not understand coding, deductibles, balance billing, etc. And the government went along with this and it is a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our office has been trying to educate our patients, especially the elderly, about the difference between a deductible, copay, balance billing, etc. The bottom line for our patients has been to purchase the cheapest plan. When they find out that nothing is covered until they have paid the first $2,500-$6,000 out of pocket, they are furious with the "doctor"! Young, healthy people are paying for everyone else. And as far as people with pre-existing conditions being covered now - they are but Obama did not put a cap on what the insurance companies could charge for premiums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only people who benefit from the "pre-existing condition" clause are those on medicaid. This only encourages people on medicaid not to seek employment.

And the amount of fraud that is going on is outrageous. We have had patients that are "doctor hopping" and getting pain medications from multiple physicians. They in turn, sell the prescription medications for money. That's right folks, they are taking meds and selling them for their own profit so you are getting screwed again because there are no programs that actually enforce monitoring of drugs. If you are caught once doing this, you should not be able to participate in Obamacare. Our office reported several patients to both Medicare and Medicaid and we were told that there was nothing they could do about it.

Medical Assistance was not created to be a way of life!

^^^^
That is your ulterior motive. It has nothing to do with you giving a damn.

You had ample time to come up with changes. You did not acknowledge the states that opted not to expand medicaid. Nor did you acknowledge the states that came up with their own plan.

I wanted universal health care. I'm guessing you didn't want that either.
I wanted POS democrats like you to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. I'm guessing you didn't want to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE because you need to take the food off my children's table to make your way in life.
I'm actually a Republican! I am middle class at best and proud of it. I work and so did my husband for 43 years. So we are on a fixed income. In addition, we are watching grandchildren to help our children so why would I want to take food from your children? I do not believe that the government should be handling health care, especially when they don't know what they are doing and are deceiving the public. I believe people should work and get paid a decent wage. I don't expect anyone to pay my way. Medicaid and Welfare SHOULD NOT BE A WAY OF LIFE! That is not what it was set up to do and you are very foolish to think that the system won't go bust if this keeps up. I also don't believe in deceiving the government as many do by getting multiple welfare checks at the same address, selling prescription drugs that they get for free from Medicaid and free cell phones that were meant for those who "can't afford a phone in case of a medical emergency". My husband and I worked multiple jobs to put our children through school. At one point I worked 7 days a week (3 jobs). SO WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO CONTINUE TO WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK TO SUPPORT SOMEONE THAT JUST DOESN'T FEEL LIKE WORKING AT ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING EVERYTHING FOR FREE FROM A GOVERNMENT THAT ADMITTEDLY IS BANKING ON THEIR GENERAL POPULATION BEING "STUPID"! DON'T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE AND EDUCATE YOURSELF ON WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED.

^^^^
I certainly give a damn as I was uninsured my entire childhood and went without healthcare. This is not the way to approach this. What kind of nation do you want? This entire healthcare bill was written "prior to Obama's election". These were not his ideas. I encourage you to look at the history of how welfare came about. We are becoming very weak as a nation and I am truly concerned and troubled. The money will run out!

^^^^
I certainly give a damn as I was uninsured my entire childhood and went without healthcare. This is not the way to approach this. What kind of nation do you want? This entire healthcare bill was written "prior to Obama's election". These were not his ideas. I encourage you to look at the history of how welfare came about. We are becoming very weak as a nation and I am truly concerned and troubled. The money will run out!

Your ulterior motive is showing. It has nothing to do with medical care. It is about your ideology.

I work
The lies won't become fully evidence to the slowly waking masses until next year when premiums get in gear. It was all a parlor trick, you don't get something for nothing. Adding care and bodies is going to cost more, period. It is a wealth redistribution plan more than anything.
You are exactly right. But the wealth redistribution plan is backfiring! They are bankrupting the middle class. The deductibles that were $6,500 are going over $8,000 this coming year. Watch what happens! The sad part is that if a veteran goes into a hospital with just Medicare and no secondary insurance, he will be hounded and reported to credit bureaus until he pays. Those who are lucky enough to have a secondary insurance will find that they will still owe balances. I have a secondary insurance that my husband and I pay $500 a month for in addition to our primary insurance and I still have to pay balances. A prisoner's healthcare is covered completely. An illegal immigrant's hospital bill is written off as "charity". American citizens can lose their homes over high medical bills, illegal immigrants are paying for their homes outright. They can well afford to as they pay no taxes! Where is the outrage!!!!!!!!!!!

When you care about medical care and this overrides your need to insert your ideology-look me up.

And there is no ulterior motive here. FOR THOSE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME, PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELVES. I do know what I am talking about,

IDEOLOGY OR TRUTH! You judge so quickly. I am a former cancer patient who has been put through this medical system for the past 10 years. Even with two insurances, I still had over $15,000 worth of medical bills last year that weren't covered. I am near retirement but can't because I have to pay my medical bills. I work in a medical office in a low income area and actually assist the poor and elderly in obtaining insurance and paying their bills. I work for a wonderful physician who is being forced to close his primary care practice because his patients won't pay their bills. AND HE IS A DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are helping to educate those who signed up for Obamacare. These patients are devasted because they were expecting low deductibles and premiums. They can't pay their bills and most are not showing up for needed follow up care. SHAME ON YOU FOR BEING SO SURE OF YOURSELF WITHOUT KNOWING FACTS!

I work in medical billing so I see the end result of Obamacare. People did not read the fine print. Deductibles are running anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000. Because the deductibles are so high, patients are being made to pay for their MRIs, CTs and bloodwork up front so patients aren't getting their ordered tests and aren't returning for followup visits when they need them. Federal employees have the best healthcare available through Federal Blueshield. No deductibles! Low or no copays! Everyone in DC who composed Obamacare does not have to participate in it! I could not believe it when it passed! Doctors and diagnostic facilities have no choice but to collect all of their money up front because the patients are not going to pay their bills! It is forcing many doctorst to retire early. My healtcare plan does not have any coverage for preventative care! No annual GYN visit. No checkup, no preventative bloodwork screening! They will give me coverage for a stroke, heart attack or cancer treatments once they develop. I just can't check to see if I have a problem developing! Wake up America! I agree for their needs to be change but not this. EVERYONE SHOULD BE MADE TO PARTICIPATE IN OBAMACARE, INCLUDING OBAMA! They are our REPRESENTATIVES and should not be treated any differently than the general population. Gruber knew exactly what he was doing and should be made to participate in it as well. If an illegal alien goes into a hospital, their bill is written off as "charity". A legal, tax paying citizen of the U.S. will be made to pay their deductible and balance on their hospital bill or be sent to collections! Prisoners get their healthcare for free! Many who are getting insurance for free have no intention of returning to work! And remember America, your taxes are due on April 15th or the IRS is coming after you with penalties! If you are illegal, you don't have to pay any taxes or penalties!

Medical care was not created to drive people into poverty.
Correct. It took government management to make that happen.

I work in medical billing so I see the end result of Obamacare. People did not read the fine print. Deductibles are running anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000. Because the deductibles are so high, patients are being made to pay for their MRIs, CTs and bloodwork up front so patients aren't getting their ordered tests and aren't returning for followup visits when they need them. Federal employees have the best healthcare available through Federal Blueshield. No deductibles! Low or no copays! Everyone in DC who composed Obamacare does not have to participate in it! I could not believe it when it passed! Doctors and diagnostic facilities have no choice but to collect all of their money up front because the patients are not going to pay their bills! It is forcing many doctorst to retire early. My healtcare plan does not have any coverage for preventative care! No annual GYN visit. No checkup, no preventative bloodwork screening! They will give me coverage for a stroke, heart attack or cancer treatments once they develop. I just can't check to see if I have a problem developing! Wake up America! I agree for their needs to be change but not this. EVERYONE SHOULD BE MADE TO PARTICIPATE IN OBAMACARE, INCLUDING OBAMA! They are our REPRESENTATIVES and should not be treated any differently than the general population. Gruber knew exactly what he was doing and should be made to participate in it as well. If an illegal alien goes into a hospital, their bill is written off as "charity". A legal, tax paying citizen of the U.S. will be made to pay their deductible and balance on their hospital bill or be sent to collections! Prisoners get their healthcare for free! Many who are getting insurance for free have no intention of returning to work! And remember America, your taxes are due on April 15th or the IRS is coming after you with penalties! If you are illegal, you don't have to pay any taxes or penalties!

Wrong. That took a lot of people not paying attention for years and years and years. You didn't want to pay attention to the insurance companies before. You don't want to pay attention to them now. You sure as hell don't want to pay attention to the increase in prices due to hospital mergers. So, when this becomes an actual concern and you can move beyond um....communism then you let me know.

You had ample time to come up with changes. You did not acknowledge the states that opted not to expand medicaid. Nor did you acknowledge the states that came up with their own plan.

I wanted universal health care. I'm guessing you didn't want that either.
I wanted POS democrats like you to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. I'm guessing you didn't want to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE because you need to take the food off my children's table to make your way in life.
I'm actually a Republican! I am middle class at best and proud of it. I work and so did my husband for 43 years. So we are on a fixed income. In addition, we are watching grandchildren to help our children so why would I want to take food from your children? I do not believe that the government should be handling health care, especially when they don't know what they are doing and are deceiving the public. I believe people should work and get paid a decent wage. I don't expect anyone to pay my way. Medicaid and Welfare SHOULD NOT BE A WAY OF LIFE! That is not what it was set up to do and you are very foolish to think that the system won't go bust if this keeps up. I also don't believe in deceiving the government as many do by getting multiple welfare checks at the same address, selling prescription drugs that they get for free from Medicaid and free cell phones that were meant for those who "can't afford a phone in case of a medical emergency". My husband and I worked multiple jobs to put our children through school. At one point I worked 7 days a week (3 jobs). SO WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO CONTINUE TO WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK TO SUPPORT SOMEONE THAT JUST DOESN'T FEEL LIKE WORKING AT ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING EVERYTHING FOR FREE FROM A GOVERNMENT THAT ADMITTEDLY IS BANKING ON THEIR GENERAL POPULATION BEING "STUPID"! DON'T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE AND EDUCATE YOURSELF ON WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED.
Let me get this straight. You agree with me 100%. But because I disagreed with a POS democrat, aka. Disir, you feel the need to argue with me? Are you trying to say you are Disir's alternate personality?

Wrong. That took a lot of people not paying attention for years and years and years. You didn't want to pay attention to the insurance companies before. You don't want to pay attention to them now. You sure as hell don't want to pay attention to the increase in prices due to hospital mergers. So, when this becomes an actual concern and you can move beyond um....communism then you let me know.
You are full of bullshit, bile, and lies.

Forum List

Back