🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare sticker shock

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Shelly Ross of San Francisco was looking forward to the opening of the new health insurance marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act because she was hoping to get a better deal.

But now that she's seen her options, Ross is disappointed. Turns out she earns slightly too much money to qualify for federal financial aid to help her buy coverage in the state's exchange, called Covered California. And because policies have to be upgraded to comply with the new law, her rates are going up nearly 10 percent.

"Every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now. And what I pay now is ridiculous," said Ross, 47, who owns a cat-sitting business called Tales of the Kitty and pays more than $400 a month for her insurance. "It's a great thing for some people, but it's certainly not helping me."

Health insurance shoppers suffer sticker shock - SFGate

this law is horrible and should be repealed, hopefully the gop will win and get at least a year delay

Shelly Ross of San Francisco was looking forward to the opening of the new health insurance marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act because she was hoping to get a better deal.

But now that she's seen her options, Ross is disappointed. Turns out she earns slightly too much money to qualify for federal financial aid to help her buy coverage in the state's exchange, called Covered California. And because policies have to be upgraded to comply with the new law, her rates are going up nearly 10 percent.

"Every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now. And what I pay now is ridiculous," said Ross, 47, who owns a cat-sitting business called Tales of the Kitty and pays more than $400 a month for her insurance. "It's a great thing for some people, but it's certainly not helping me."

Health insurance shoppers suffer sticker shock - SFGate

this law is horrible and should be repealed, hopefully the gop will win and get at least a year delay

Let me guess who did Shelly vote into the WH twice :lol:

That's nowhere near the worst hit people have taken.

What's Obama going to do for people whose insurance/deductible costs have gone up $20,000?

ObamaCare will probably end up hurting more people then helping...

Probably? That was a known fact - known (years ago before the bill was passed) by anyone who read it. What we have now is not the bill that was passed because it has illegally been changed by Obama with waivers and delays for his supporters only. There are more supreme court challenges coming too.

Listen to dingy Harry. The Obamacare law he muscled through the Senate in a welter of bribery and lies in 2010 was only the beginning of a plan to put the entire United States health system in the hands of the federal government because that is just what he recently told “Nevada Week in Review”. When asked whether he meant the United States would have to adopt a nationalized health-care system that didn’t include private insurance, Reid replied: “Yes, yes. Absolutely, yes.” Reid’s comments suggest Obama never meant a word of that “promise” to keep your doctor or your plan if you like it.

That's nowhere near the worst hit people have taken.

What's Obama going to do for people whose insurance/deductible costs have gone up $20,000?

obama-laugh.jpg

I find it somewhat heartening that a leftwing propaganda organ such as SFgate is publishing this story.

I find it somewhat heartening that a leftwing propaganda organ such as SFgate is publishing this story.

and a typical obama voter is getting her shock.

she was warned. but she has chosen not to listen

"Every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now. And what I pay now is ridiculous," said Ross, 47, who owns a cat-sitting business called Tales of the Kitty and pays more than $400 a month for her insurance. "It's a great thing for some people, but it's certainly not helping me."Health insurance shoppers suffer sticker shock - SFGate

Any bets that she has never voted for a Republican in her life and that she supported Obama-care, thinking that she was going be getting better for cheaper because it would be funded by the "Rich"?

It looks like she has found out that she is among the "Rich" that is funding Obama-care.

Indeed. And the Leftwing Spinmeisters are pinning the bogometer trying to blame ObamaCare on those of us who warned that it would be a Train Wreck.

Do you actually think if Willard was president, he would repeal the individual mandate that he created and brought to his state as governor? If so you are out of your damn mind.

Do you actually think if Willard was president, he would repeal the individual mandate that he created and brought to his state as governor? If so you are out of your damn mind.

who is Willard?

if obama won't be a president, the obamacare would be already forgotten

Do you think he wouldn't?

Remember, the States can initiate programs like this for themselves. There is no Constitutional authority for the Federal Government to do so.

"Every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now. And what I pay now is ridiculous," said Ross, 47, who owns a cat-sitting business called Tales of the Kitty and pays more than $400 a month for her insurance. "It's a great thing for some people, but it's certainly not helping me."Health insurance shoppers suffer sticker shock - SFGate

Any bets that she has never voted for a Republican in her life and that she supported Obama-care, thinking that she was going be getting better for cheaper because it would be funded by the "Rich"?

It looks like she has found out that she is among the "Rich" that is funding Obama-care.

yep. only the leftard idiots could believe that it would be "millionaires-billionaries" to pay for the next utopian chain.

it is ALWAYS the middle class which is hosed for any new given leftard agenda.

Left is always protecting the rich and gauging the middle class. Always.

How many like her will be next to light themselves on fire on the National Mall or ram the Whitehouse with her car?

Not many. And I can assure you that she will vote hillary come 2016 and Pelosi-Boxer et al as well.
leftardism is a mental deficiency

If Romney had been elected what you might have seen was a proposal to have each state formulate a plan that would work in that state. Having devised a plan that works in Massachusettes, Romney knew it would not work everywhere else.

If young healthy people do not pay high premiums there is no money to pay for the care of the sick. Young healthy people went without insurance and seldom used the health care system. They were neither a burden or a benefit.

obamacare was designed to faiil so it could be replaced by a single payer system with a bigger bureaucracy to loot.

i wouldn't bet a penny

Forum List

Back