🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare sticker shock

Dude....

If you had leukemia before this law was passed.....you were unable to buy a new insurance policy. You may have had an existing policy through your employer....but that used to have limits.

When you nutters stop misrepresenting the facts....we can start talking about this stuff like adults.

not true

Unless you had 60k a year to spend on it. You might have a point.

nope

The max out of pocket for this guy will be somewhere between 6 and 10 thousand dollars.

He has cancer. He was UNINSURABLE before this law was passed.

Do you know what that means to him. What is wrong with you people.

And Vox...

I have never lied here. I have been wrong a few times. But this is an anonymous forum. Lying is not something that even crosses my mind here.

you lied about the article

Please read the entire article. It is interesting if you get past the headline.

That woman has insurance. She also has a good income. Her rates will go down as more people sign up.

The ACA is designed to help those who cannot get insurance....or cannot afford it.

Think about your fellow Americans, please.

You're asking callous conservatives to think about their fellow Americans?

The max out of pocket for this guy will be somewhere between 6 and 10 thousand dollars.

And Vox...

I have never lied here. I have been wrong a few times. But this is an anonymous forum. Lying is not something that even crosses my mind here.

not true.

i don't know if you simply don't know or you are twisting the facts, but what you are posting is not true.

financially this guy would be much worse now.

a 29 yo with leukemia is a medicaid patient by a default.

now, a kid under 18 with a cancer might pose some problems for parents not eligible for medicaid.

First...the kid I am talking about does not have leukemia. He has cancer of the lymph nodes. Pay attention.

Your claim is untrue. This kid is not eligible for Medicaid.

It does seem like you are OK with illness sending people into poverty, though.

Shelly Ross of San Francisco was looking forward to the opening of the new health insurance marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act because she was hoping to get a better deal.

But now that she's seen her options, Ross is disappointed. Turns out she earns slightly too much money to qualify for federal financial aid to help her buy coverage in the state's exchange, called Covered California. And because policies have to be upgraded to comply with the new law, her rates are going up nearly 10 percent.

"Every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now. And what I pay now is ridiculous," said Ross, 47, who owns a cat-sitting business called Tales of the Kitty and pays more than $400 a month for her insurance. "It's a great thing for some people, but it's certainly not helping me."

Health insurance shoppers suffer sticker shock - SFGate

this law is horrible and should be repealed, hopefully the gop will win and get at least a year delay

Let me guess who did Shelly vote into the WH twice :lol:
not everyone in California is a Democrat.....wow i bet that news floored ya.....:eusa_eh:

And Vox...

not true.

i don't know if you simply don't know or you are twisting the facts, but what you are posting is not true.

financially this guy would be much worse now.

[SIZEa 29 yo with leukemia is a medicaid patient by a default.[/SIZE]

now, a kid under 18 with a cancer might pose some problems for parents not eligible for medicaid.

First...the kid I am talking about does not have leukemia. He has cancer of the lymph nodes. Pay attention.

Your claim is untrue. This kid is not eligible for Medicaid.

It does seem like you are OK with illness sending people into poverty, though.

lymphoma is not better than leukemia.
and a 29 yo with cancer is a medicaid patient.
or any half-social state insurance - they differ from state to state but they cover those patients.

I know. from both ends of the issue.
so stop michaelmooring me - it won't work.

Last edited:

And Vox...

Since he had insurance, he clearly was not uninsurable.

NOW he may be uninsurable because he won't have enough money to live on after he pays the now exorbitantly priced insurance Obama and friends have forced upon him.

And clearly his out of pocket will be higher. Unless you are calling him a liar. Or unless we are talking about different cases.

Last edited:

And Vox...

NOW he may be uninsurable because he won't have enough money to live on after he pays the now exorbitantly priced insurance Obama and friends have forced upon him.

And clearly his out of pocket will be higher. Unless you are calling him a liar.

He did not have insurance. Please pay attention.

Shelly Ross of San Francisco was looking forward to the opening of the new health insurance marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act because she was hoping to get a better deal.

But now that she's seen her options, Ross is disappointed. Turns out she earns slightly too much money to qualify for federal financial aid to help her buy coverage in the state's exchange, called Covered California. And because policies have to be upgraded to comply with the new law, her rates are going up nearly 10 percent.

"Every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now. And what I pay now is ridiculous," said Ross, 47, who owns a cat-sitting business called Tales of the Kitty and pays more than $400 a month for her insurance. "It's a great thing for some people, but it's certainly not helping me."

Health insurance shoppers suffer sticker shock - SFGate

this law is horrible and should be repealed, hopefully the gop will win and get at least a year delay

Let me guess who did Shelly vote into the WH twice :lol:
not everyone in California is a Democrat.....wow i bet that news floored ya.....:eusa_eh:

Did you read the article? I bet you did not. otherwise it would be obvious for you she is voting dimocrap only.
It is obvious even from the quotes posted here

And Vox...

And clearly his out of pocket will be higher. Unless you are calling him a liar.

He did not have insurance. Please pay attention.

Then I shall presume we are talking about different cases. I'm talking about someone with cancer who had insurance but now his insurance has gone from affordable to patently unaffordable.

a 29 yo is not a part of the family of his parents - for 11 years.

a 29 yo with a chronic disease like cancer is a disability automatically. if he is on disability - he is either medicaid or medicare/medicaid.
if he works - he has option of partially supplemented insurance which every state issues for patient with cancer specifically or he is insured through his work ( not the issue, as I understand).

therefore I call BS on the whole story.

Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, which is the most often encountered in young people is relatively well responding to treatments and the prognosis is generally good.

And Vox...

you lied about the article

:eusa_whistle:

exactly proves my point.

having a chronic disease did not mean you were uninsurable prior to obamacare and your costs were MUCH LOWER than under this crap.

Back in 2006, he found out he had an incurable form of leukemia that requires ongoing treatment until he dies.

In 2012, his treatment bill was more than $350,000. But because of his insurance, his out-of-pocket was only $4,500.

Now it doesn't mean I can't go see my current doctor, but my $4,500 out-of-pocket, is going to turn into a minimum of $26,000 out-of-pocket to see the doctor that I’ve been seeing the last seven years,
" he said.

Last edited:
That's nowhere near the worst hit people have taken.

What's Obama going to do for people whose insurance/deductible costs have gone up $20,000?

obama-laugh.jpg

Nice pic - you ever see the original before it was photoshopped?

orbemezattnod-albums-stuff-picture6083-rotteninside.jpg

This was caused by the rotten lies that come out of his mouth whenever he speaks. His mouth is the window to his soul.

I have to add, an acquaintance of mine, said he went on the the cali state exchange. he wanted coverage as close to what he has now, his wife works at a broker and hes a buyer for trader Joe. She has full Kaiser, right now he has,( soon to be gone) , anthem blue cross plus(?)..... (its gone becasue they are cutting his hours but thats not the point for now).

he says, now this is him talking, ok(?), he swore to me he went on the state exchange, and for the platinum plan, which is very close to what they have now, to cover them both would be....$1800.00.....I asked him 3 times, he said yes thats what it said, $1800.00. He says out of pocket now collectively they pay $425.00......

Edit- he did say trader joe was giving him a 1 time payment of 500 bucks......

In all seriousness, I just don't beleive it. I kept asking him if he was sure, he said yes....all 3 times, I have to say, I simply cannot beleive that...he has to be wrong. Thats not even remotely sane.

I made a man cry today.......I explained to him that his 29 y/o son....who has cancer....can buy insurance for himself and his family for under $400 per month.

Ten days ago.....he couldn't buy it. Period.

He told me that his family ( this man included ) has spent every penny they have battling this disease.

You have no idea how good that made him.....and me feel.

This is long overdue.

I don't believe you for second.

I am gonna say it...

I think you are lying.

Forum List

Back