🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare sticker shock

My Health Insurance rate increased 223% due to the PPACA rules.

Chad Henderson told the Washington Post that his premium went up from $44 to $175 a month. That is about a 400% increase.

These people below posted on Healthcare.gov facebook page

"Roger Filips: I got notice that my blue cross was being canceled. The cheapest Obamacare replacement is $160 per month more and my total risk increases from $5000 to $12,500. The good news is that my menopausal wife and I now have maternity, pediatric dental and vision! Thanks a lot."

"Ipso Phakto: Obama said "if you like your plan, you can keep it, no matter what. period.". I got a letter from my insurer saying that due to the ACA my plan will discontinue! Obama lied. I now pay $525 per month. The ACA estimate is $1078 per month! How the heck am I supposed to afford that? This is insanity. Obamacare is a lifetime of ransom payments I can't make. How is this "affordable"? Why did Obama lie to the whole country, repeatedly?"

"Jean Rudolph Mark Karen: Our family has ALWAYS had individual (self employed) insurance. We've kept our premiums down by opening HSA accounts to pay off high deductibles if we have large medical expense. Now, everyone keeps saying "if you have insurance, just keep it" well for our family, Blue Shield just sent our "welcome to Obamacare" Jan 1 new premium explaining that our current policy will no longer be available BUT we can choose to stay with Blue Shield and incur an 81%!! per MONTH increase (yup, $610.00 more a month on top of what we currently pay.) of course we ran to the new exchange and guess what? we don't qualify for any any tax credits. shocking. So $16,500 (plus whatever new taxes are added) for a catastrophic HSA. Oh and out of pocket went up to to 12,500 family so we pay for most visits on top of that. Good thing only 2 of our kids are in college. THIS is why people are upset. Good plan for some with pre-existing, not for those who were happy with their ins."

"Melissa Acree Solomon: I am soon to be 62 and have for the last several years been my Mothers caregiver. I have been for the most part unemployed for the last 3+ years. I have only a very small income from a pension that started when I turned 60. I have very few bills, but the small pension covers it with only a very small (under $50) left over. To get this I was forced to cancel my cell phone. How am I suppose to pay for health insurance on such a small monthly amount? Please do not tell me to go get Medicad as after checking online it says I can only get food stamps or long-term care if I'm 65 or over which I'm not or I am disabled which I am not. My Mother has short term memory loss and does not do well with unfamilier people or surroundings."

The out of pocket expenses do not include the premiums, so the actual amounts are Much Much higher.

plus there is a % of co-pay which I do not have now - that % is 10-30% AFTER the deductible.

It is a racket

Do you know what the max out of pocket is under a silver plan in your state? Do you?

there is no max out of pocket - there is everything to pay.
silver plan is not even near to what I have now. near would be platinum.

This pretty much confirms that you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

The ACA law includes limits on maximum out-of-pocket costs at various levels of insurance sold on the exchanges.

this pretty much confirms that I actually CHECKED what I would have to pay and you, on the other hand, are simply a lying mouthpiece of propaganda.

no,no,no, no, no articles.

I am checking MYSELF, for MYSELF and I don't believe anybody telling me what is it going to cost ME until I checked the results on the site.

The platinum plan which is close to what I have now will cost me almost 4 times more in monthly premiums and almost 6 times more on a deductible. Plus there is a 10 or 20% co-pay AFTER the deductible.
And that is not for a doctor's visit. It is 20% of the bill for treatment, which for 2 weeks of hospital stay after complicated ruptured appendicitis could reach millions.

Nice racket, isn't it?

plus the article was BEFORE obamacare was even launched :D

Last edited:
My Health Insurance rate increased 223% due to the PPACA rules.

Chad Henderson told the Washington Post that his premium went up from $44 to $175 a month. That is about a 400% increase.

These people below posted on Healthcare.gov facebook page

"Roger Filips: I got notice that my blue cross was being canceled. The cheapest Obamacare replacement is $160 per month more and my total risk increases from $5000 to $12,500. The good news is that my menopausal wife and I now have maternity, pediatric dental and vision! Thanks a lot."

"Ipso Phakto: Obama said "if you like your plan, you can keep it, no matter what. period.". I got a letter from my insurer saying that due to the ACA my plan will discontinue! Obama lied. I now pay $525 per month. The ACA estimate is $1078 per month! How the heck am I supposed to afford that? This is insanity. Obamacare is a lifetime of ransom payments I can't make. How is this "affordable"? Why did Obama lie to the whole country, repeatedly?"

"Jean Rudolph Mark Karen: Our family has ALWAYS had individual (self employed) insurance. We've kept our premiums down by opening HSA accounts to pay off high deductibles if we have large medical expense. Now, everyone keeps saying "if you have insurance, just keep it" well for our family, Blue Shield just sent our "welcome to Obamacare" Jan 1 new premium explaining that our current policy will no longer be available BUT we can choose to stay with Blue Shield and incur an 81%!! per MONTH increase (yup, $610.00 more a month on top of what we currently pay.) of course we ran to the new exchange and guess what? we don't qualify for any any tax credits. shocking. So $16,500 (plus whatever new taxes are added) for a catastrophic HSA. Oh and out of pocket went up to to 12,500 family so we pay for most visits on top of that. Good thing only 2 of our kids are in college. THIS is why people are upset. Good plan for some with pre-existing, not for those who were happy with their ins."

"Melissa Acree Solomon: I am soon to be 62 and have for the last several years been my Mothers caregiver. I have been for the most part unemployed for the last 3+ years. I have only a very small income from a pension that started when I turned 60. I have very few bills, but the small pension covers it with only a very small (under $50) left over. To get this I was forced to cancel my cell phone. How am I suppose to pay for health insurance on such a small monthly amount? Please do not tell me to go get Medicad as after checking online it says I can only get food stamps or long-term care if I'm 65 or over which I'm not or I am disabled which I am not. My Mother has short term memory loss and does not do well with unfamilier people or surroundings."

Chad Henderson, huh? I suggest you google that fucker. Idiot.

I am checking MYSELF, for MYSELF and I don't believe anybody telling me what is it going to cost ME until I checked the results on the site.

The platinum plan which is close to what I have now will cost me almost 4 times more in monthly premiums and almost 6 times more on a deductible. Plus there is a 10 or 20% co-pay AFTER the deductible.
And that is not for a doctor's visit. It is 20% of the bill for treatment, which for 2 weeks of hospital stay after complicated ruptured appendicitis could reach millions.

Nice racket, isn't it?

Four times, huh?

Man...you might just be a little off.

Who pays the majority of the premiums for your current plan?

Nice racket, isn't it?

The technical definition of a "Platinum Plan" is one that covers 90% of healthcare costs (not including premiums).

For all of the Platinum plans I looked up on the exchanges, the deductibles were $500 or less.

Which means either you don't understand what you read when you looked it up, or you're just lying.

Nice racket, isn't it?

There is a max out of pocket. You will never pay 20% of "millions"

I am beginning to question your credentials as a member of the medical community Doc. Are you sure you wear a monocle?

Nice racket, isn't it?

Four times, huh?

Man...you might just be a little off.

Who pays the majority of the premiums for your current plan?

no, I am not. It is less than 300$ and is going to be over 1000$.

Plus 15K deductible and 10-20% out of pocket AFTER the deductible.

Nice racket, isn't it?

There is a max out of pocket. You will never pay 20% of "millions"

I am beginning to question your credentials as a member of the medical community Doc. Are you sure you wear a monocle?

so show me where it is. link to official government site, not some phony article.

Code:
Please read the entire article. It is interesting if you get past the headline.

That woman has insurance. She also has a good income. Her rates will go down as more people sign up.

The ACA is designed to help those who cannot get insurance....or cannot afford it.

Think about your fellow Americans, please.

Whilst you go bankrupt paying for the lazy twats.....

From Covered California, the California Obamacare exchange:

Family of 2, no dependents, making $65,000 total per year.

Monthly Premium: $800

Key benefits - Gold 80
Deductible - no deductible
Preventative Care Copay - no cost - at least 1 yearlyvisit
Primary Care Visit Copay - $30
Specialty Care Visit Copay - $50
Urgent Care Visit Copay - $60
Generic Medication Copay - $19
Lab Testing Copay - $30
X-Ray Copay - $50
Emergency Room Copay - $250
High cost and infrequent services (e.g. Hospital Care)HMO
Outpatient Surgery - $600
Hospital - $600/day up to 5 days
PPO - 20%
Preferred brand copay after Drug Deductible (if any) - $50
Maximum Out-of-Pocket For One - $6,350
Maximum Out-of-Pocket For Family - $12,700

Let me guess who did Shelly vote into the WH twice :lol:
not everyone in California is a Democrat.....wow i bet that news floored ya.....:eusa_eh:

Did you read the article? I bet you did not. otherwise it would be obvious for you she is voting dimocrap only.
It is obvious even from the quotes posted here

Dean thinks i am a Right Winger.....Shoot speeders thinks im a Liberal.....i guess what you say can be misleading to some....

https://www.coveredca.com/shopandcompare/#benefits

where are the costs of monthly premiums in california?

nothing about that on a site
plus the covered california is ONLY for those who are eligible for subsidies - so that is BULLSHIT

That is simply not true.

yes it is true. IT IS ONLY FOR SUBSIDIZED POSSIBILITIES.

That is what it gives ME:

Metal Tiers: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze

You do not qualify for premium assistance through Covered California.

not everyone in California is a Democrat.....wow i bet that news floored ya.....:eusa_eh:

Did you read the article? I bet you did not. otherwise it would be obvious for you she is voting dimocrap only.
It is obvious even from the quotes posted here

Dean thinks i am a Right Winger.....Shoot speeders thinks im a Liberal.....i guess what you say can be misleading to some....

I don't think about your wings. :D
I think you did not read the article.

It is absolutely clear from the quotes in the OP the woman voted for obama and obamacare.

If you can't see - you don't WANT to see it.

Forum List

Back