🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare sticker shock

The max out of pocket for this guy will be somewhere between 6 and 10 thousand dollars.

He has cancer. He was UNINSURABLE before this law was passed.

Do you know what that means to him. What is wrong with you people.

And Vox...

I have never lied here. I have been wrong a few times. But this is an anonymous forum. Lying is not something that even crosses my mind here.

you lied about the article

:eusa_whistle:

No I did not.

You are probably referring to my claim regarding premiums coming down as people enter the insurance pool. That is a prediction. It is based on sound theory.

Fuck off, dummy.

I made a man cry today.......I explained to him that his 29 y/o son....who has cancer....can buy insurance for himself and his family for under $400 per month.

Ten days ago.....he couldn't buy it. Period.

He told me that his family ( this man included ) has spent every penny they have battling this disease.

You have no idea how good that made him.....and me feel.

This is long overdue.

I don't believe you for second.

I am gonna say it...

I think you are lying.

Cool.

What could I possibly do to prove it to you?

you lied about the article

:eusa_whistle:

No I did not.

You are probably referring to my claim regarding premiums coming down as people enter the insurance pool. That is a prediction. It is based on sound theory.

Fuck off, dummy.

You said her premiums WILL go down as more people enter the pool.

That's as big of a lie as Obama's claim that ObamCare would bend the cost curve down.

No I did not.

Fuck off, dummy.

That's as big of a lie as Obama's claim that ObamCare would bend the cost curve down.

Yeah. That's a prediction. I cannot see into the future with certainty....so how could I lie about it?

Try harder.

Well, if we're going to have an anecdote party, I see no reason to add my story.

I'm self-employed as a political consultant. I make a decent amount of money, but I've had to buy insurance on the private market for the last 4 years. As of now, I pay more than $700 a month.

A quick look at the California exchanges shows that I'll end up saving more than $150 dollars a month for the same coverage if I buy a new plan on the exchange.

Well, if we're going to have an anecdote party, I see no reason to add my story.

I'm self-employed as a political consultant. I make a decent amount of money, but I've had to buy insurance on the private market for the last 4 years. As of now, I pay more than $700 a month.

A quick look at the California exchanges shows that I'll end up saving more than $150 dollars a month for the same coverage if I buy a new plan on the exchange.

That's interesting, same deductibles, same network/doctor/hospital access?

I made a man cry today.......I explained to him that his 29 y/o son....who has cancer....can buy insurance for himself and his family for under $400 per month.

Ten days ago.....he couldn't buy it. Period.

He told me that his family ( this man included ) has spent every penny they have battling this disease.

You have no idea how good that made him.....and me feel.

This is long overdue.

I don't believe you for second.

I am gonna say it...

I think you are lying.

He's not lying. My late spouse died after 3.5 years of chemo and cancer surgery and the bill came to $1,300,000.00. We had Empire Blue at the time. They fought us fucking tooth and nail at every turn, denied payment on things like a PTscan as unnecessary, bumped claims back for every excuse in the world, refused to pay the doctor because of a minor terminology in diagnosis, you name it.

Took 2 years AFTER my spouse died to get it straightened out. We were out of pocket over $30,000 ourselves so you're a muShroom all right.....You're being fed shit and kept in the dark.

But if we don't get our health care under control your turn is coming. Trust me.

That's interesting, same deductibles, same network/doctor/hospital access?

Different network. Same deductible, lower premiums.

Don't really have any relationships with doctors out here, I've only been on the west coast for 2 years - so I don't really care about keeping the one doctor I've seen one time.

What is being overlooked is WHAT IS COVERED under the policy. I suspect at $400 a month for a 47-year-old woman in a major metro area of California, her policy is a piece of shit. With coverage like that prior to the ACA then she probably would have cancer surgery covered but not the chemotherapy that would follow. That's how these shitty policies have been written.

The 10% more she will have to pay, oh dear....a whole $40 a month.....may encompass and cover more procedures and treatments, too.

The coverage needs to be examined more closely to see what the premium actually covers. Seems like this woman in San Fran didn't disclose the difference in policies, just bitching about $40 more a month.

No I did not.

Fuck off, dummy.

Yeah. That's a prediction. I cannot see into the future with certainty....so how could I lie about it?

Try harder.

I don't think you lie. I think you want it to happen and you believe it. And you also can not believe your eyes seeing those figures which you see as all of us do ( I couldn't either - I knew it is going to be bad, but could not imagine it would be THAT bad)
So you are trying to find excuses and make optimistic predictions, but deep inside you already know that is not what is going to happen.

Try harder.

I don't think you lie. I think you want it to happen and you believe it. And you also can not believe your eyes seeing those figures which you see as all of us do ( I couldn't either - I knew it is going to be bad, but could not imagine it would be THAT bad)
So you are trying to find excuses and make optimistic predictions, but deep inside you already know that is not what is going to happen.

OK, Doc.

I know you have a weird Germnic accent.....but do you have a bushy mustache and wear a monocle? Tell me you wear a monocle.

The lady in the article is facing a 10% hike in premiums.....along with a bunch of included (zero out of pocket) preventive services. Given that premiums have risen by at least that much every year for over a decade, this ain't THAT bad.

Now....do you have to hit my knee with that little triangle thingy?

What is being overlooked is WHAT IS COVERED under the policy. I suspect at $400 a month for a 47-year-old woman in a major metro area of California, her policy is a piece of shit. With coverage like that prior to the ACA then she probably would have cancer surgery covered but not the chemotherapy that would follow. That's how these shitty policies have been written.

The 10% more she will have to pay, oh dear....a whole $40 a month.....may encompass and cover more procedures and treatments, too.

The coverage needs to be examined more closely to see what the premium actually covers. Seems like this woman in San Fran didn't disclose the difference in policies, just bitching about $40 more a month.

Bullshit. Her coverage is probably way better than anything she can get under obamacare.

Welfare, a system that punishes you for doing better and rewards you for being less productive. Obama has created a giant race to the bottom.

"It is the lesson of history, that every attempt at social leveling ends with the leveling to the bottom, never to the top."

The lady in the article is facing a 10% hike in premiums.....along with a bunch of included (zero out of pocket) preventive services. Given that premiums have risen by at least that much every year for over a decade, this ain't THAT bad.

The lady is not mentioning deductibles.

and that is what is going to kill the lady and everybody else.
I have employer-sponsored insurance, which covers any care anywhere in the US with 2,500 deductible, including vision and dental. Preventive services are zero out of pocket for a long time - long before obamacare, so don't sell me Verrazano bridge here ;)
I checked the comparable possibilities with my state exchange and my policy would be four times higher a month plus 15K deductible. I did not check the networks as I don't go to any doctors - for obvious reasons ( thanks God)
Don't even try to tell me it is 10 % increase :lol:

Last edited:

I have employer-sponsored insurance, which covers any care anywhere in the US with 2,500 deductible, including vision and dental. Preventive services are out of pocket for a long time - long before obamacare, so don't sell me Verrazano bridge here ;)
I checked the comparable possibilities with my state exchange and my policy would be four times higher a month plus 15K deductible.

Do you know what the max out of pocket is under a silver plan in your state? Do you?

You need to double check your exchange prices.

Last edited:

I have employer-sponsored insurance, which covers any care anywhere in the US with 2,500 deductible, including vision and dental. Preventive services are 0 out of pocket for a long time - long before obamacare, so don't sell me Verrazano bridge here ;)
I checked the comparable possibilities with my state exchange and my policy would be four times higher a month plus 15K deductible.

Do you know what the max out of pocket is under a silver plan in your state? Do you?

there is no max out of pocket - there is everything to pay.
silver plan is not even near to what I have now. near would be platinum.

I have employer-sponsored insurance, which covers any care anywhere in the US with 2,500 deductible, including vision and dental. Preventive services are 0 out of pocket for a long time - long before obamacare, so don't sell me Verrazano bridge here ;)

There is a max out of pocket. It is a percentage of income. Check it out.

There is a max out of pocket. It is a percentage of income. Check it out.

there is no max of pocket.
I have to pay all of that.

for others I can't check - the site is down. It was working 2 days ago, but now it crushed.

This pretty much confirms that you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

The ACA law includes limits on maximum out-of-pocket costs at various levels of insurance sold on the exchanges.

Forum List

Back